AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 117 66.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 21.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.14%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.57%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-10, 14:57   Link #101
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Mentar: Oh. I'm a softie at heart for these type of things. Can't spot trollers, read all posts and don't get annoyed. This wouldn't even rate on a scale compared to what happens at work.

I didn't think it was the voting, but the comments like you said. I was just thinking that if he came into the series thinking comedy with few tragic moments (1st 2 ep. rated a "6", ep. 3 rated a "7") despite what's written in the forum and got tragic moments with few to no comedy (ep. 9 rated a "3" and ep. 10 rated a "2"), then that could explain the posts. As you put it, he could be incredibly dense.

But, I can see your point too.
Old 2006-12-10, 16:31   Link #102
Baka-neko
Nekosuki

Send a message via MSN to Baka-neko
Giving 4.
Was pretty painful to watch (thought about giving 1, but the end of this episode made this a bit better).
Was painful mainly because a) I hate Makoto and b) Boring.
The only good thing in this episode is that we won't have Makoto episodes anymore.
Ahh.. this show would be so better with out Makoto arc

We people have different tastes and I didn't like this.
Old 2006-12-10, 17:11   Link #103
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

You realize she died in episode 10 last time too? Just a thought.

I think Yuuichi gets some serious caring points in this episode in Nayuki's mind. She's forced to the sidelines during this arc and he's not been very nice to her from the beginning but watching him care for Makoto till the very end makes him look pretty good in her mind don't you think?
Old 2006-12-10, 20:32   Link #104
Cloud Strife
~Uguu!~

Episode 10 = 10/10 = PAINFUL

I believe the ending of this episode was implied to be the miracle that Yuuichi would wish for which would grant Makoto's wish consequently. She wished for Spring to come and last forever, and Yuuichi, who wouldn't think twice about it, would want to grant this wish for her.
Old 2006-12-10, 20:51   Link #105
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
Oh man... where do I begin? It was sad and I was crying well not fully but it was starting really bad.... god I can't take another one like that agian.. 10/10 for pain factor 1/10 for the enjoyment...

Servin' up hot neg's since '04
Old 2006-12-10, 23:09   Link #106
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Well i dont know whether i should curse or thank that i didnt have net for the last 2 weeks cause I watched episode 9 and 10 together and man was it painful. Makoto's disappearance was simply too much even though it was something i knew having watched the 2002 version.

I think this part was better than Toei as in that Toei wasnt really able to make us fall in love with Makoto's character as much as KyoAni. Toei just made a very emotional exit for Makoto. Compared to that KyoAni, although they made her vanish suddenly, the moment I realised that Makoto isnt there just instantly gave me goosebumps. Her sudden disappearance was simply too painful to watch.

I m also impressed with how they handled Amano. We hardly get to see her in the 2002 version. The last part was great, showing that Amano also has a "girly side with an immense imagination". Strangely, of all scenes where i got teary eyes was the last one, where u see Makoto sleeping on the grass with Piro.

Like Kyuichi, even i hope for that miracle...
Old 2006-12-10, 23:37   Link #107
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

But places with an eternal Spring usually implies heaven or any other spiritual paradise imo.
Old 2006-12-11, 01:02   Link #108
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

My eyes became teary in the last scene because for a second i thought unlike 2002, Makoto is back..I was simplty too happy. But then i realised, it was just the vision of Yuichi's Miracle. But from the bottom of my heart, i wish that the Miracle takes place. I wish we could see her forever and ever..

BTW..what is written above "Minase Family" in the photo taken...I couldnt make out, what it was...
Old 2006-12-11, 01:22   Link #109
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well i guess that vision is just to make us feel better that makoto can "rest in peace" ~ still dam sad tho

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-11, 01:30   Link #110
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Anyone thinks that, all the Kanon fans writing a letter to KyoAni to revive Makoto would fulfill Yuichi's vision of his Miracle..

Neway, next episode is Mai, hmm..i want to see the Student Council President..wonder how that fellow will look here??
Old 2006-12-11, 02:24   Link #111
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Anyone thinks that, all the Kanon fans writing a letter to KyoAni to revive Makoto would fulfill Yuichi's vision of his Miracle..
No, because Key would not allow it.
Plus Japanese fans of Kanon (or in general) are not uptight about deaths in stories.
Old 2006-12-11, 02:35   Link #112
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Whoa i never really expected a serious answer for this...but well...no harm done.
Old 2006-12-11, 06:05   Link #113
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
The accompaniment of the music along with the mood of whatever that's going on was excellent,
The effect of the ED music accompanying that last scene with Makoto was excellent, to say the least. It didnt give me a fuzzy all-is-well feeling, because I knew Makoto to be truly dead (at least, her arc completely over) and I believe it was probably just a 'what-if' manifestation of Yuuichi's desired miracle, but everything was just excellent - I dont know, probably that up-beat thing about the scene; as if a final tribute to a lost Makoto, not some hopeful resurrection scene.

Thats why I agree with the poster who said in the Ep 9 thread that all one needs to pay attention when watching this are the emotions, the feelings. The (admittably sparse) plot, the voice-acting, the visuals, all of them serve only one purpose - to drive home the emotions, and drive them home hard at that.
Old 2006-12-11, 11:43   Link #114
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

To some extend, I find this version more saddening than Toei's version.

From Makoto's point of view, this version is less tear-jerking as her wedding wish is finally fulfilled. However, I cannot stop pitying Yuuichi. He knows what will happen eventually but there is nothing he can do to change the outcome, yet he still manages to look calm and controlled while concentrating on the sole task to make Makoto happy.

As mentioned above, the music definitely helps to set the emotions for the maximum impact. KyoAni has made an excellent decision to use the original music......unlike another anime which discarded the excellent original music (I am looking at you, Higurashi...... ).
Old 2006-12-11, 11:51   Link #115
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yuiichi's commitment to see her be happy is the kind of thing you wish for in "terminal" relationships (and really *all* relationships are terminal whether one dies earlier or later). Makoto's story is "smaller" in some ways than the others but KyoAni did an excellent job for the most part in telling it. It also sets the stage for the surreal nature of the rest of the series (kind of a "do we have your attention now? Good.").
Old 2006-12-11, 12:23   Link #116
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

I think this was an excellent episode. Really enjoyed the wedding scene at Monomi Hill. In the 2002 version, I wasn't really into Makoto's character at all, but after seeing these last few episodes, especially this episode, that has totally changed. Of course, Ayu and Shiori are still my number 1 and number 2, hehe. Yuuichi was on the verge of tears there for a moment right before she disappeared. I definitely feel for the guy. Also it's great to see that Amano's role isn't like some almost-unimportant background role like it seemed in the 2002 version.

As for the guy who's been taking too much hallucinative drugs and thinking this is a comedy anime............gotta stop taking those drugs, they might kill you someday. Oh and stay away from Akiko's Jam. It might make it worse.

Last edited by kingdom_elladrel; 2006-12-11 at 12:55. Reason: Typo fixing
Old 2006-12-11, 17:09   Link #117
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
This episode lacked the emotional umph I was looking for, but that's only because I'm well emersed in the world of cinema and television. I'm happy that Yuuichi recognized how much trouble Makoto was, and his thoughts on the hill that we listened to described that, even though she was child-like with no regards to human society, it could not have been helped. Characters like Makoto never had a chance to learn the rules and functions. As a result, her nature and being isn't much different to that of an alien or a foreigner clueless and lost in the middle of a strange culture. If Yuuichi had reacted more to her sudden disappearance, I would've felt more in my heart. It just didn't last long enough to really touch me, but again, that is me. The time it takes to move someone to tears varies between individuals.

I will admit that thanks to Yuuichi's thought monologue, I reappreciated Makoto again slightly. She was doomed from the start. But was she happy? We'll never know. My only regret is that Makoto never had the chance to redeem herself for all the trouble she caused.

That last scene was a little ambiguous. Is she asleep or dead (she certainly wasn't breathing)!? Is that really her or just a visual metaphor of Yuuichi's last words in episode 10? We'll never know for certain. We might. Maybe. The series isn't even half done.
Old 2006-12-11, 17:50   Link #118
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Thats why I agree with the poster who said in the Ep 9 thread that all one needs to pay attention when watching this are the emotions, the feelings. The (admittably sparse) plot, the voice-acting, the visuals, all of them serve only one purpose - to drive home the emotions, and drive them home hard at that.
Wasn't too sure if anybody was going to take that seriously. I'm not very sure if it's really true or not; I somewhat have difficulty understanding certain emotions, so I usually have to watch the episodes multiple times before I "get" it. When I do, though, it's quite rewarding.

In any case, when Amano-san was talking about being "friends", I think she was talking about being friends with Makoto, not Aizawa. Aizawa-san asked her before to be friends with Makoto, so I think she was refering to that.
Old 2006-12-11, 22:26   Link #119
DarrenW

Quote:
BTW..what is written above "Minase Family" in the photo taken...I couldnt make out, what it was...
I think "Minase Family" is the fansubber's translation of what's written above it. Kudos to whichever translator was able to make it out.
Old 2006-12-11, 23:08   Link #120
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
"水瀬家一同", which means "Everyone of Minase family". You can say it implies that they're regarding Makoto as a member of the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenW View Post
I think "Minase Family" is the fansubber's translation of what's written above it. Kudos to whichever translator was able to make it out.
There's an exact same CG in the game of that photo, maybe that's how s/he figured it out.
Closed Thread