AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2006-12-15, 18:25   Link #41
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
Hasn't he said that he has no realeased Form to begin with?
Or was it that he has no sealed Form?
The translations I have stated no sealed form. from pages 14- 17 chp 109.
Ichigo: is that why your not releaseing the seal on your soul cutter?
K:My sword has no name. this is the only form of my sword. I didn't put a seal on it. this is the true form of my soul cutter
I: oh yeah? good to know. so your sword won't get any stronger. so
K: so what? you're the one underestimating me.The reason why there's no seal is because my spiritual pressure is so strong that even the strongest seal won't do any good. so when I fight, I just hold back how hard i swing.

note: almost all shinigami refer to their shikai form as the True form of their sword and refer to their non released swords as being sealed. Kenpachi states his sword is both not sealed and in it'ws true form, both or which implies that it is in shikai mode. He goes on to state the even the strongest seals won't work on his sword, which implies he has tryed to seal it or had someone with more knowlage look in to sealing it.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 20:05   Link #42
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think you are misunderstading. Kenpachi is saying, that even if he had a Shikai (which he doesn't have!) he wouldn't be able to seal his sword anymore, because of his reiatsu... It's basically like Ichigo: After he got his Shikai he couldn't seal his sword anymore, though the first form looked much cooler.
The point is: Kenpachi doesn't say, that he has a Shikai, he just wants to tell Ichigo, that the current form is the only form his sword has, therefore the "true" form.

Yeah I agree with the theory relating if Ken gets a Shikai ( big if ) . If indeed ken gets a Shikai ( big if ) IMHO his zanapakuto will always be in released form like Ichigo . As both have that enormorus Reatsu

It will be funny to note how his eyepatch in shikai mode effects his zanapkuto's size and shape
Old 2006-12-15, 20:59   Link #43
shenzu

Rewatched the Zaraki episode...

He says it always released, so that would make it a Shikai since its always released?

Like Ichigo and Zangetsu..
shenzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 21:44   Link #44
kagato3

Quote:
I think you are misunderstading. Kenpachi is saying, that even if he had a Shikai (which he doesn't have!) he wouldn't be able to seal his sword anymore, because of his reiatsu... It's basically like Ichigo: After he got his Shikai he couldn't seal his sword anymore, though the first form looked much cooler.
The point is: Kenpachi doesn't say, that he has a Shikai, he just wants to tell Ichigo, that the current form is the only form his sword has, therefore the "true" form.
Perhaps, but the way the translation makes it sound is that his sword is not sealed, ie. in non shikai mode. There is nothing in the convesation that says anything about Ken geting Shikai only what was happening at that time. Also every other Shinigami that has talked about his soul slayers True form have been refering to their Shikai.
Old 2006-12-16, 06:42   Link #45
kagato3

Quote:
But you should have noticed, that Kenpachi isn't "every other Shinigami".
Point, but your still ignoreing the fact that he says his sword is not sealed, or that it is always released (depending on translation). These comments are not as opened to interpitation as the true form quote and are much more central to the debate at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
It's basically like Ichigo: After he got his Shikai he couldn't seal his sword anymore, though the first form looked much cooler.
Now did Ichigo just gain Shikai durring the pit or did he gain his Zangetsu at that time? Before the pit Ichigo was useing Rukia's powers not his own so a question remains was the overgrown butter knife he had before the pit Zangetsu or was it Rukia's soul slayer?