AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-02-24, 04:52   Link #1
barcode120x
RN

Black Desert Online - NA/EU

Black Desert Online

I'm quite surprised there isn't a thread out here for this fairly popular upcoming MMO. Early release actually starts this coming Sunday, the 28th. Anyone been following it or at least have or are currently playing the RU/KR/JP versions? Pretty stoked about this MMORPG. I've already tried CB2 and secured my Conqueror's Package. Had and have high expectations for this MMO as compared to Archeage, and based on the CB, I forsee this being a successful MMO to some extent, or at least more-so than the recent ones. Graphics are amazing, PvE is very fun, PvE progression is enticing, and "professions" are even more addicting. Have yet to try PvP but it looks pretty well done as far as I've seen on YT. Will be rolling as a Warrior and secured a spot on a fairly large guild in NA. The game is following a similar model as GW2 so it is Buy-To-Play.
Old 2016-02-24, 13:58   Link #2
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

What i've heard is that its just pretty but not much else.
Old 2016-02-28, 08:38   Link #3
Bonta Kun
Dancing the Panzer Waltz

Huh surprised there wasn't a thread for this until now.

Plays pretty good imo, nothing ground breaking but it certainly wasn't bad.

One thing for sure tho it does indeed look amazing and anyone that knows anything about this, yes the character creation is insane.
It's really just mental, you can spend hours on it.
I spent like 30mins on the hair then just decided to give up and jump in cause I wanted to play or I wouldn't get the chance if I kept at it

Released on my bday so I figure I'd treat myself

Looking forward to this!
Old 2016-02-28, 17:35   Link #4
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Hour 3, still auto-fishing while watching youtube videos.
Hooves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 02:33   Link #5
barcode120x
RN

Just hit 50 a few hours ago as a Warrior. In one of the "hardcore" guilds, a reason for one of the rush 50. Have 105 energy and 84 contribution points. Focusing on making tons of Beer for easy cash (price is going up and I expect it go up more over the next few days since the Explorer and Regular release is soon) with intentions to focus on Cooking. Was going to do Trading, but I duno, I get bored quite easily then again, auto-pathing should make it easy money lol. I'll look into it later. Graphics are freaking awesome. The feel of the game when you play feels more "real" (a trend all games in general are trending towards to) than a typical MMO. The lore and story of the game is vast. Unfortunately, I skipped all the cut scenes and hardly read anything due to the grind. Each profession is quite complex at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's not so bad. Each class has freaking awesome looking skills and I love the Warrior. I personally don't care much about fishing, but once I get my boat and bigger boats when they are implemented, then I'll be more interested. Right now, it's just extra cash.

Right now, there is a LOT to do especially in a large/active guild so I'm sure I'll be busy for quite some time. The only thing I'm worried about is "end-game PvE" in regards to killing things/dungeons/raids. I believe Daum had mentioned something about not incorporating dungeons/raids as that's where the typical MMO is at. Unfortunately, most, if not all of us MMOers came from that type of game. I love running dungeons over and over for gear or just to clear hard bosses, but hearing that, I kinda get worried. Don't get me wrong, Guild vs Guild, crafting, making money will keep me busy, but I've always been a dungeon kind of guy and I love flaunting my class skills in PvE. Funny thing is, you do have to "grind" to level up, get skill points, and get gear/items, but Daum did this game well. The grind is actually really fun where I can spend hours with my group pulling groups and just straight up hacking and slashing. Aside from the badass looking skills, I think grouping makes it more fun and it is more beneficial to join group of 3 or 5 to level up and it also encourages joining a guild. I don't have anything bad to say about this game so far aside from typical bugs and issues that all games have in general.
Old 2016-03-03, 17:03   Link #6
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Well it's more so world bosses that are really just sponges. Or world dungeons is what they were going on about in an interview. They really try to put an extreme emphasis on open world.
Old 2016-03-03, 22:44   Link #7
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well it's more so world bosses that are really just sponges. Or world dungeons is what they were going on about in an interview. They really try to put an extreme emphasis on open world.
Do bosses these days ever feel more than just a Sponge that hurts a lot? sad truth about World Bosses.
Old 2016-03-03, 23:02   Link #8
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

Haven't tried this game yet, but from what I hear it's not really for those of us that enjoy raiding. I think that's an interesting approach. In WoW and FF14 the raiding is great and makes for steady endgame content, but what happens is that these max-level characters just sign in every now and then to sit in a corner and press buttons to queue for instances, leaving 99% of the game world totally barren and never mingling with players other than their raiding buddies. A game where the world stays active could be interesting.
Old 2016-03-04, 18:50   Link #9
barcode120x
RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Haven't tried this game yet, but from what I hear it's not really for those of us that enjoy raiding. I think that's an interesting approach. In WoW and FF14 the raiding is great and makes for steady endgame content, but what happens is that these max-level characters just sign in every now and then to sit in a corner and press buttons to queue for instances, leaving 99% of the game world totally barren and never mingling with players other than their raiding buddies. A game where the world stays active could be interesting.
Active world is a really good way to describe the game. If anyone wants to try I have guest passes that are 7 days (if you didn't know, the game is buy-to-play, $30 USD) that I can give out. I only have 3 (save 1) so just PM me. I believe there is a thread on the BDO forums where people are posting their guest passes.
Old 2016-03-05, 06:47   Link #10
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I actually really, REALLY wanted to try this game when it was on beta, but region lock so... yeah...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 01:57   Link #11
steam fish

Can a radeon 5670 run this game at reasonable settings? ;-;
steam fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 02:40   Link #12
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam fish View Post
Can a radeon 5670 run this game at reasonable settings? ;-;
Could run it, but you can expect atrociously low framerates. The game is said to be the biggest system hog of any current MMORPG.
Old 2016-03-06, 21:45   Link #13
barcode120x
RN

Had a friendly GvG war with a guild ally and we got FACE rolled; however, it was a good experience since the guild we fought came from Korean BDO and is the only NA guild to have a castle in Korean BDO (afaik). It was fun, and as guild we know our stance and we know now that gear is a HUGE player in pvp. There was a Valkyrie who was literally just standing their with defensive skills and using some pots against about 8 of us that barely took any damage. Basically he had +15 gear. It kinda sucks how a +7 weapon will hardly do anything on +10 or above gear....but that's how MMO's roll. Major downside is how melee's are at a HUGE disadvantage in PvP and I would say Warriors are gimped the most in terms of mobility. One of my guildies mentioned stacking DP (armor basically) instead of AP (damage) and I can already see the tankiness in 1v1 PvP. Anyways, I just can't get over how freaking fun PvE (and PvP too) is with badass looking skills for my warrior.
Old 2016-03-07, 03:36   Link #14
Kotohono
Yuri 'serator

Send a message via Skype™ to Kotohono
I've tried Tamer a bit now off of Hooves' guestpass and I have to say I am intrigued a bit which how much it doesn't follow a lot of the MMO standards that WoW & such set, it's design choices are certainly refreshing with that, and the combat is enjoyable it plays like a more intuitive better flowing combat style of the likes tera tried in the past I feel like, and the usage & emphasis non-1-9 key bindings for combo driven abilities really works in its favor as I had found the system chunky and difficult to use in Tera personally.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-07, 14:00   Link #15
barcode120x
RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I've tried Tamer a bit now off of Hooves' guestpass and I have to say I am intrigued a bit which how much it doesn't follow a lot of the MMO standards that WoW & such set, it's design choices are certainly refreshing with that, and the combat is enjoyable it plays like a more intuitive better flowing combat style of the likes tera tried in the past I feel like, and the usage & emphasis non-1-9 key bindings for combo driven abilities really works in its favor as I had found the system chunky and difficult to use in Tera personally.
Wait till you try out the other skills or the alternate skills to the main chain of them. Btw, you get 1 entire skill reset for all skills at 45 so play around with all your skills.
Old 2016-03-08, 12:44   Link #16
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

Got into the game now, I'm a level 25 tamer. Seems like a good class, dancing around enemies while slamming them with strong AoE has made everything other than the violent super enemies trivial.

The game puts big emphasis on the tradeskills, and while they at first seemed like standard recipe based shit, I'm starting to understand now.

Let's say I logged in with my energy maxed out at 70 and wanted to make a bronze-based suit of armor. Well, I know the recipes, I have the skills and the tools, I know where to get the mats, so it should be easy peasy right? But it's 200 pieces of ore to collect (disregarding other materials) and over 100 steps of refinement, and every collection or refinement action takes energy too complete...so it's actually physically impossible for one character to craft a big item in a single day.

At the same time this hit me, I understood the purpose of all that other stuff that seemed weird at first: building workshops, lodgings and warehouses, hiring workers, scouting out resources and connecting exploration nodes. So the idea is to establish a whole industry from the raw materials to the finished product in a way that requires only minimal energy expenditure from your character. I'm working on that now and hopefully tomorrow can start rolling out steel tools. This is my favorite part of the game so far.
Old 2016-03-08, 15:59   Link #17
barcode120x
RN

Quote:
Got into the game now, I'm a level 25 tamer. Seems like a good class, dancing around enemies while slamming them with strong AoE has made everything other than the violent super enemies trivial.

The game puts big emphasis on the tradeskills, and while they at first seemed like standard recipe based shit, I'm starting to understand now.

Let's say I logged in with my energy maxed out at 70 and wanted to make a bronze-based suit of armor. Well, I know the recipes, I have the skills and the tools, I know where to get the mats, so it should be easy peasy right? But it's 200 pieces of ore to collect (disregarding other materials) and over 100 steps of refinement, and every collection or refinement action takes energy too complete...so it's actually physically impossible for one character to craft a big item in a single day.

At the same time this hit me, I understood the purpose of all that other stuff that seemed weird at first: building workshops, lodgings and warehouses, hiring workers, scouting out resources and connecting exploration nodes. So the idea is to establish a whole industry from the raw materials to the finished product in a way that requires only minimal energy expenditure from your character. I'm working on that now and hopefully tomorrow can start rolling out steel tools. This is my favorite part of the game so far.
Good to know that you are enjoying the game. If you start to turn your crafting/profession into profit/trade system, you will burn energy fast on your main. Don't forget to create as many alternate characters as you can get. Alts regenerate 1 energy per hour while offline and have the same amount of max energy as your main character but energy is NOT shared. Contribution points/workers/homes/etc are shared though. Right now I have like 8 other alts. I use 1 alt specifically to craft beer, farm, and gather. The other alts I use for amity. Tip, Ronatz, the armor vendor in Calpheon requires 500 amity which will allow you to use his shop to purchase late game weapons (more specifically Yuria weapons) for 90k silver per 300ish amity (amity is kind of like a currency to be used on the NPC, but amity is NOT shared among other NPCs). Most Yuria weapons sell for about 180-240k depending on the market. I basically make some extra cash by playing the Amity game with the NPC Ronatz and it's pretty quick. I'm currently at 139 energy and 104 contribution points. I've been stuck at level 50 for like the past 5 days though lol. The grind after 50 is pretty bad but it keeps the game rolling. I should hit 51 by end of Friday hopefully.
Old 2016-03-08, 18:39   Link #18
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Old 2016-03-09, 02:53   Link #19
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Could run it, but you can expect atrociously low framerates. The game is said to be the biggest system hog of any current MMORPG.
Yeah, I run at max with a GTX 980 ti and I still only get around 40-50 FPS when there's tons of players around. That being said, my main complaint where graphics are concerned is that draw distance is a lot shorter than it could be.

But I'm currently playing a Valkyrie, currently at lvl 20. Really fun class, tough but can still dish out the pain, plus can self-heal, which is a big plus, IMO. I don't have to group for stuff, especially since most encounters are skill-based, not stats-based. I've also tried a Ranger, though I'm convinced that I have no idea how to play that class. I'm thinking of trying the Sorceress or the Wizard next.
Old 2016-03-09, 11:48   Link #20
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yea the draw distance is weird. people still show up as black phantoms till i get closer while others are far away and not black phantoms. I think its because of how populated every where is atm.

The game is very optimized tho, ive seen no fps drops at all.

Tags
mmo, sandbox