AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-19, 05:20   Link #41
boggart
鍵っ子
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
I must be only one of few people who thoroughly enjoyed FF13.

I'm a PS3 owner and have no gripe with the game being released for both platforms. The more the merrier I guess. As long as they don't compromise the quality of the game in the 360 version, then all is good.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 09:40   Link #42
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Me too, I really enjoyed final fantasy XIII, but it is marmite. If you look at the actual polls most people think its great, but the people who hate it are extremely vocal.
TheRealTRXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 23:43   Link #43
Rhythm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTRXD View Post
Me too, I really enjoyed final fantasy XIII
Yeah same. Other than the linear-esque part of it, everything actually fit in quite well. The battles, characters, graphics, story, all good in my books.
Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 15:11   Link #44
Leo Keichi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gaijinland
Nothing in Final Fantasy is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

Okay, I read it sowewhere else.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 22:04   Link #45
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
I must be only one of few people who thoroughly enjoyed FF13.

I'm a PS3 owner and have no gripe with the game being released for both platforms. The more the merrier I guess. As long as they don't compromise the quality of the game in the 360 version, then all is good.
I loved XIII, as well... but I do have a problem with it being multi-platform.

Keep it on SONY!
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 20:06   Link #46
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I loved XIII, as well... but I do have a problem with it being multi-platform.

Keep it on SONY!
Why? Does the novelty of owning somdthing exclusivley outweigh the millions of fans who wouldnt have the chance to play the game? Do ps3 owners somehow deserve the series more than others?
TheRealTRXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 20:09   Link #47
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 21:58   Link #48
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTRXD View Post
Why? Does the novelty of owning somdthing exclusivley outweigh the millions of fans who wouldnt have the chance to play the game? Do ps3 owners somehow deserve the series more than others?
It's more like I despise the console gaming arm of Microsoft and want it to fail miserably. I'm okay with MS' control of the computer software business, though.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 00:19   Link #49
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTRXD View Post
Why? Does the novelty of owning somdthing exclusivley outweigh the millions of fans who wouldnt have the chance to play the game? Do ps3 owners somehow deserve the series more than others?
No, I think it's really more of the fact that being an exclusive the game can be focused on the community and take advantage of the technologies of the PS3. Technologies like the Cell Processor and the Blu-Ray player, as well as something as miniscule as the shape and buttons of the controller (an example would be R1 is used as the trigger in exclusive PS3 games while R2 for multiplat...and it makes A LOT of difference). If however they decide to make it multiplatform, the game would never include elements and gameplay that would take advantage of such technologies. Because they would need to port it to other platforms.

Of course, having incredible tech like Cell Processor and Blu-ray doesn't equal to incredible gameplay. But it does mean that the developers have more toys to play with in their hands, whether or not their creativity can come up with something nice is up to them. And as fans we can't help but get suspicious when the game was originally intended to be a PS3 exclusive, claimed to take advantage of the PS3's exclusive tech, but is now heavily implied to be ported in the future. Seeing as how FFvs13's development is still very early in production, we can see that they might drop a lot of features just to make it multiplatform.

FF13's special l'cie book reveals a lot of story and gameplay features being cut, whether or not it's because of the 360 is something we will never know. But that's the best guess we have, and it's normal for fans to be mad about it espeically when FF13 wasn't exactly what it was hyped up to be.

I use to pray FFvs13 would be exclusive to PS3 and take advantage of everything the PS3 has to offer including free online (maybe co-op?). But to be real honest with you all, the chances of FFvs13 being exclusive now is almost zero. With the recent failure of FF14 and the incredible drops in stocks in Square....they're in a lot of crap. I think anyone with a proper business mind would take the biggest cash cow they have in their sleeves and make it available to as many people as possible. In this case, would be making FFvs13 multiplatform. Probably after the PS3 version is out though.
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 02:43   Link #50
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Age: 25
If I remember Square has already announced that Versus has a "strong chance" of being multi platform.

That being said, it doesn't matter at all, the only way to fix that is to develop for PS3 first and then port to 360, which Versus is doing anyway, and not vice versa, like Bayonetta.

And if anyone has exclusivity issues for FF, take it to Nintendo, they had it first.
__________________
iwatch2muchanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 17:50   Link #51
McMilk
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: サンレス水郷
I'm just wondering how SIXAXIS will work for 360 versions, because isn't it announced that FFv13 will use it? Like, I highly doubt that they're going to use Kinect, but you never know :S
__________________
McMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 18:56   Link #52
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
No, I think it's really more of the fact that being an exclusive the game can be focused on the community and take advantage of the technologies of the PS3. Technologies like the Cell Processor and the Blu-Ray player, as well as something as miniscule as the shape and buttons of the controller (an example would be R1 is used as the trigger in exclusive PS3 games while R2 for multiplat...and it makes A LOT of difference). If however they decide to make it multiplatform, the game would never include elements and gameplay that would take advantage of such technologies. Because they would need to port it to other platforms.

Of course, having incredible tech like Cell Processor and Blu-ray doesn't equal to incredible gameplay. But it does mean that the developers have more toys to play with in their hands, whether or not their creativity can come up with something nice is up to them. And as fans we can't help but get suspicious when the game was originally intended to be a PS3 exclusive, claimed to take advantage of the PS3's exclusive tech, but is now heavily implied to be ported in the future. Seeing as how FFvs13's development is still very early in production, we can see that they might drop a lot of features just to make it multiplatform.

FF13's special l'cie book reveals a lot of story and gameplay features being cut, whether or not it's because of the 360 is something we will never know. But that's the best guess we have, and it's normal for fans to be mad about it espeically when FF13 wasn't exactly what it was hyped up to be.

I use to pray FFvs13 would be exclusive to PS3 and take advantage of everything the PS3 has to offer including free online (maybe co-op?). But to be real honest with you all, the chances of FFvs13 being exclusive now is almost zero. With the recent failure of FF14 and the incredible drops in stocks in Square....they're in a lot of crap. I think anyone with a proper business mind would take the biggest cash cow they have in their sleeves and make it available to as many people as possible. In this case, would be making FFvs13 multiplatform. Probably after the PS3 version is out though.
I am fammiliar with the advantages of being exclusive, but what annoys me is some PS3 owners acting as if they somehow deserve this. If you have to make graphical sacrifices to let millions of other fans play the game, surely that is justifiable?

Graphic advantage yes, but gameplay is gameplay, how good it is will not depend on if it is on the PS3 or Xbox.

And I really don't believe that the cut content was because of the 360 version, why would they mention it if that was the case? Final Fantasy XIII was developed for five years, there is bound to be cut content, there is in most huge titles these days.
TheRealTRXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 19:03   Link #53
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
I'm fine with a 360 port... (i play my 360 more anyway...) as long as the Ps3 game isn't dumbed down for it and we don't have to wait for the 360 version to be ready at the same time and any crap like that.

Basically just make this as good as it can be for the ps3, scale it down for the 360 and get the ps3 version out while the 360 version is being optimized. No matter what I'll be getting this for Ps3 anyway... it's made for the ps3 in the first place.. only games I get on 360 over Ps3 are those multi plat titles that use the 360 for lead platform (Bayonetta etc) or stuff I want to play online with like Super Street Fighter IV and NBA 2k11 (both which run better on 360 as well...) since XBL is much better online connection in regards to lag.. and for games like SSFIV it's essential to have a good connection.

But yeah Versus like XIII is going to be a ps3 purchase.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 19:13   Link #54
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada/Ontario
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism Send a message via Skype™ to Miyuki-ism
So how about that trailer? Gameplay looks good.
__________________
Miyuki-ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 19:17   Link #55
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
So how about that trailer? Gameplay looks good.
The battles look way too slow, and Noctis's attacks don't carry enough weight. Visually, it reminds me of a cross between some American game that I can't remember and Dirge of Cerberus.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still pretty hyped.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 19:26   Link #56
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indonesia
Age: 25
Kinda look like hack and slash and there's 3rd person shooter elements too, not to mention about the vehicle hijacking ability.

Some people might say that it's so not FF-ish, but I like it
The trailer looks quite promising to me, love the world setting. Well, but let's see how it'll turn out.
__________________
Kotori Minami & Hanayo Koizumi [Love Live! School Idol Project]
<Click to go into my artwork thread>
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 19:56   Link #57
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada/Ontario
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism Send a message via Skype™ to Miyuki-ism
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The battles look way too slow, and Noctis's attacks don't carry enough weight. Visually, it reminds me of a cross between some American game that I can't remember and Dirge of Cerberus.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still pretty hyped.
That's a joke right? If you think these battles look slow, then FFXIII battles must look like snail races to you.
__________________
Miyuki-ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 21:50   Link #58
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
The trailer on YouTube is already down. Anyone know where else it can be seen?
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 23:20   Link #59
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
The trailer on YouTube is already down. Anyone know where else it can be seen?
just google it. or wait till tomorrow

anyway about the trailer. as anybody notice it is similar to kingdom heart. obvious reason is is made by same team. the action is not either fast or slow. probably faster than most of FF but slower than kingdom heart. by somehow the character make little damage to enemy.

like how the deicide to use in-game engine to make the gameplay more cinematic like GOW or uncharted

edit: use this for now http://www.destructoid.com/final-fan...t-191966.phtml
__________________

Last edited by RRW; 2011-01-18 at 23:52.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 02:16   Link #60
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Just saw the trailer, there are things that I like and things that I'm skeptical about.

First of all another modern-age-feeling FF is freaking awesome, the last one that captured that feel was FF7 (only in Midgard). I can't tell who voices Noctis, he sounds a hell a lot like Axel/Hughes/Ali Al Sarchez...but I don't think so? Anyone with a better ear?

I really enjoy the fact that they're blending cinematic events with gameplay segments like Uncharted, where you see giant ships crashing into the building while you're trying to escape. More fantastical dynamic battles and elements like controlling tanks, robots and fighting on top of an airship.

However what I dislike or am skeptical about so far, is the looks of the battle system. It looks exactly like Kingdom Hearts 1. Not 2, not Birth by Sleep...but 1. It's even got the KH menu thing on the left bottom corner. Of course we all know the game is under construction, this is just an observation that worries me. As much as I love Kh1, the battle system is outdated...it needs to go. I really enjoyed Birth By Sleep's combo encouraging battle system, and I thought FFvs13 would have something similar, doesn't seem like it so far.

If you look at KH3DDD and compare it to FFvs13, you would be surprised at how speedy KH's battle system is now compared to what we see in FFvs13. It might be that Nomura is purposely taking this approach to fit the style of the world (real?) or because there is a dynamic-tactical system where you need to switch between party members (shot gun guy) or there is a lot more tweaking to do.

Before the release of this trailer, Nomura kept saying that Noctis' character would be completley different from all previous FF protagonists. He seems to be just another moody teen with sarcastic remarks (a less happy version of Yuri from ToV).

Well that's it so far.
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.