AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-12-08, 22:06   Link #1
AnbuItachi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Arika's Mom's Robe

how does this robe compare with the others? im a bit confused. since its mai star shouldn't it be at the same level at natsuki's and other mai stars? why do they make it look so much stronger than the other robes?
AnbuItachi is offline  
Old 2006-12-09, 00:46   Link #2
y063banana71
kris
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Send a message via MSN to y063banana71
Well I guess that there is going to be some otome that are stronger than others, and since Windbloom holds Garderobe etc. then it would most likely have the pick of the bunch and we can see that it's pretty top notch.
Like Shiho probably wouldn't be a strong otome sheerly due to the fact her element is a stupid turning wheel thing, where as Natsuki has a giant oversized gun that is quite explosive... and awesome.
y063banana71 is offline  
Old 2006-12-09, 03:44   Link #3
Jayjs20
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Jayjs20
The strength of an Otome isn't limited to her robe. If Arika and Lena had a fight, I think we all know who will win. With that said, setting robes to different levels, saying 'XXX robe is stronger then YYY robe' isn't accurate, wouldn't you say?

Azure Sky probably looks stronger because there have been more oppurtunities to show off. Besides, the stronger Otomes ...Shizuru ..Maria ...they're very capable of killing butt without their robe. Akira is very determined at what she does, not to mention very physically dependable.

Even knowing that, it's hard to measure exactly how strong each Otome is because 1) we've yet to see them fight each other and see one fall, 2) There hasn't been a situation where one fails and another succeeds.
Jayjs20 is offline  
Old 2006-12-09, 08:18   Link #4
dxanato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boston
Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Personally I think there are few factor I think are giving Arika an advantage over other Otomes. One is Arika blood line which part is still some what mystery. We don't really know who Alyssa is when she was alive and why Miyu protect her blood line. The second thing I see is that her relation with Mashiro is unlike other Master and Meister relation. Maybe Haruka and Yukino may come close second in the closeness of a Master/Meister relation. All other treat their Otomes as tools which maybe a reason why Aries and Windbloom have the strongest Otomes. You are right that Arika compare to some like Miss Maria has much to learn. Miss Maria would win in fight not because she has more power than Arika but because she experience and has master all she can out her Robe. Arika still has much to learn and grow before she can be an equal in skill to a Miss Maria, Natsuki, Shizuru and Anh. I don't include Haruka in the list I just point out mostly cause she is raw power not much in the skill department. Haruka is bit to hard head and reckless she is likely to make mistake compare to the other I point who have skill. One can say should Arika not master skill in combat she would be like Haruka powerful but not much control. This just my 2 cents.
__________________
Gokigenyou
dxanato is offline  
Old 2006-12-09, 14:02   Link #5
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Another thing to point out.

Azure Sky was probably created by Alyssa for her personal use.. which means that it's probably got a few extra toys associated with it.
__________________
- Kicking it old school.
Gearhead is offline  
Old 2006-12-09, 15:30   Link #6
Jayjs20
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Jayjs20
^ When did it say that?
Jayjs20 is offline  
Old 2006-12-09, 16:36   Link #7
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Europe
Arika is the main character, so she must have some special hidden potential. And if we forget about this, probably her gem has its inner record about Rena's robe. And as the contract between Arika and Mashiro wasn't approved properly, that record wasn't removed. So Arika can use her own robe, created on the base of her own abilities, and Rena's robe, recreated from that record.
Kleo Scanti is offline  
Old 2006-12-18, 22:32   Link #8
AnimaniacForever
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
here is some pics of rena's robe on arika(or rena)...


rena -
arika -

it isnt the robe thats strong, its the "will" of the otome..

Last edited by AnimaniacForever; 2006-12-18 at 22:47.
AnimaniacForever is offline  
Old 2007-01-02, 15:49   Link #9
Lenmiaalsa
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
shizuru has the most speed next to Miss Maria. Arika's robe has such slow attacks and not much variation.
Lenmiaalsa is offline  
Old 2007-01-12, 16:00   Link #10
Nanatsu
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenmiaalsa View Post
shizuru has the most speed next to Miss Maria. Arika's robe has such slow attacks and not much variation.
Arika's Bolt From the Blue has a start up time, but I think it's one of the more faster techniques. Once it gets going, it's over in a flash, pretty much like lightning. If you don't stop her before the countdown is over I don't think you could dodge it easily.
Nanatsu is offline  
Old 2007-01-13, 00:32   Link #11
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjs20 View Post
^ When did it say that?
It never expressly says tht there's something unususal about the Robe itself, however the language associated WITH that Robe is unusual.

The Azure Sky is NOT a Robe belonging to Windbloom, it's a Robe which belongs to the Sayers family, which in turn serves Wind. Miyu didn't return the GEM to Wind when it was cut loose, she returned it to Arika, as if ONLY someone descended from Alyssa could properly use it. Arika's interactions with Azure Sky are odd. They do things other Otome don't do. Zwei Ultimate is noted as being a power UNIQUE to her. From what I recall of Rena's move set in Butou Shi, she cannot use the Akatsuki either, meaning Arika has a couple of tricks Rena didn't have either.

The Hairglow Effect, I think, is relevant as well.

But it's all really just a theory, we'll have to see more Zwei to see for sure.
__________________
- Kicking it old school.
Gearhead is offline  
Old 2007-01-13, 22:10   Link #12
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
The Azure Sky is NOT a Robe belonging to Windbloom, it's a Robe which belongs to the Sayers family, which in turn serves Wind. Miyu didn't return the GEM to Wind when it was cut loose, she returned it to Arika, as if ONLY someone descended from Alyssa could properly use it. Arika's interactions with Azure Sky are odd. They do things other Otome don't do. Zwei Ultimate is noted as being a power UNIQUE to her. From what I recall of Rena's move set in Butou Shi, she cannot use the Akatsuki either, meaning Arika has a couple of tricks Rena didn't have either.

The Hairglow Effect, I think, is relevant as well.

But it's all really just a theory, we'll have to see more Zwei to see for sure.
I think that theory is a good one given what went on with the GEM. Even when Arika didn't have nanomachines it allowed her to float, something that appears to have been unexpected. My guess is that it probably does have some sort of genetic aspect to it to limit the use of it.
__________________
AthenAltena is offline  
Old 2007-01-13, 23:20   Link #13
Amaiko
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
It never expressly says tht there's something unususal about the Robe itself, however the language associated WITH that Robe is unusual.

The Azure Sky is NOT a Robe belonging to Windbloom, it's a Robe which belongs to the Sayers family, which in turn serves Wind. Miyu didn't return the GEM to Wind when it was cut loose, she returned it to Arika, as if ONLY someone descended from Alyssa could properly use it. Arika's interactions with Azure Sky are odd. They do things other Otome don't do. Zwei Ultimate is noted as being a power UNIQUE to her. From what I recall of Rena's move set in Butou Shi, she cannot use the Akatsuki either, meaning Arika has a couple of tricks Rena didn't have either.

The Hairglow Effect, I think, is relevant as well.

But it's all really just a theory, we'll have to see more Zwei to see for sure.

That's actually a pretty good theory, but I have one quibble with it: if the Blue Sky Sapphire is the property of the Sayers family and not of the Windbloom, then why did Rena give the GEM to baby Nina when she sent her off in the floating cradle? If the Blue Sky can only be used by the Sayers family, then she just gave Nina a GEM that would have been utterly useless to her; if that was the case, she should have left it with Arika.

Miyu seems to think that the Blue Sky rightfully belongs to Arika, but she's also more than a little biased towards Alyssa's descendents.
Amaiko is offline  
Old 2007-02-16, 16:22   Link #14
kat-sakura
Baka-purple
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England, UK
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaiko View Post
That's actually a pretty good theory, but I have one quibble with it: if the Blue Sky Sapphire is the property of the Sayers family and not of the Windbloom, then why did Rena give the GEM to baby Nina when she sent her off in the floating cradle? If the Blue Sky can only be used by the Sayers family, then she just gave Nina a GEM that would have been utterly useless to her; if that was the case, she should have left it with Arika.

Miyu seems to think that the Blue Sky rightfully belongs to Arika, but she's also more than a little biased towards Alyssa's descendents.
Thats a really good point, i think. But i is thinking that Rena gave it to baby Nina coz the whole castle was being attacked an all, an that if baby Arika got caught up in it while she had the Blue Sky Sapphire then that would be kaput. But, thats only if Arika was in the castle. If she wasnt, then i just wasted two minutes of my life ^_^
kat-sakura is offline  
Old 2007-02-16, 18:11   Link #15
y063banana71
kris
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Send a message via MSN to y063banana71
It was most likely given to Nina as she's the rightful heir. I guess it was just always hoped that Arika would survive and become her otome in which case she would be using the blue sky sapphire.
y063banana71 is offline  
Old 2007-02-20, 16:58   Link #16
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
This can be looked at from two sides, really.

On one hand, we have the ownership belonging to the true heir to the throne. Considering its usually royalty that chooses the Otome, and not the Otome that chooses the royalty, it makes sense to pass on the GEM of the previous guardian to the next heir to the throne.

On the other hand, we have the GEM ownership to the Sayers familly. This is supported by the fact that Arika is obviousely one of Allyssa's descendants. In this case, theories as to why Rena gave the GEM to Nina are more wild, though the 'because she was closest' explanation would seem the most suitable.

Personally, I would agree with Gearhead, because it seems more romantically, but both sides of the argument are valid.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-02-20 at 17:32.
Keroko is offline  
Old 2007-02-22, 22:13   Link #17
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
By giving Nina the GEM, Rena effectivly disguised the princess as her own child.

They ARE the exact same age, afterall.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have fooled many people.
__________________
- Kicking it old school.
Gearhead is offline  
Old 2007-03-08, 06:17   Link #18
encia
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GMT 10+
Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenAltena View Post
I think that theory is a good one given what went on with the GEM. Even when Arika didn't have nanomachines it allowed her to float, something that appears to have been unexpected. My guess is that it probably does have some sort of genetic aspect to it to limit the use of it.
Even without a contract, Azure Sky GEM was able to generate a reactive shield bubble (ep7).
encia is offline  
Old 2007-03-08, 06:25   Link #19
encia
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GMT 10+
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
how does this robe compare with the others? im a bit confused. since its mai star shouldn't it be at the same level at natsuki's and other mai stars? why do they make it look so much stronger than the other robes?
Like Ultimate Black/White Diamond, Azure Sky is an ultimate class GEM i.e. materialise Robe Zwei (Robe 2.0) and existence of GEM pendent (helper/supporting device).
encia is offline  
Old 2007-04-23, 21:09   Link #20
blenderben
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
pardon for bringing up a old dead thread, but i have a question.
after reading this thread, gave me some clarification as to what really happened in Mai-Otome..but it also confused me at the same time

so from my understanding. Rena is really Arika's mother.
but the REAL princess of Windbloom is suppose to be Nina?

How the heck did Arika get the Blue Sky Saph starting from ep1?

And what role does Mashiro-chan play as princess? Does she have any significant connection with anyone from the past? or is she just a fake princess they put in place to cover crap up? and it just so happens she was there.

also---

which episodes have proof that Arika is Alyssa's descendant? What in the series gave that away?
blenderben is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.