AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-23, 21:19   Link #21
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

nina is the real one

miyu stole the gem from somewhere to give to arika's grandma

mahsiro was a coverup

arika has the same hairglow as alyssa
Old 2007-04-23, 21:41   Link #22
blenderben

sweet thanks for the explanation..it really helps!
Old 2007-04-24, 07:29   Link #23
mdauben

Sorry for jumping into a rather old thread, but I really like Mai Otome, so I just wanted to offer my own opinion on a couple of things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
how does this robe compare with the others?
I think a lot of it comes down to the Otome involved. Look at that first Mai-Battle between Arika and Nina. All the Coral robes should be the same, and yet Arika was able to do something that astounded Natsuke, Shizuru ect with hers. Perhaps their are differences between the Meister robes, too, but I believe a lot of the reason that Airka can do so much with the Blue Sky robe is due to Arika herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjs20 View Post
Azure Sky probably looks stronger because there have been more oppurtunities to show off.
I think it goes beyond the idea that the only reason Arika looks so strong, is becuase the other's have not showed off, yet. Look at what Arika did in the first episode of the OVA, everyone (including the other Meister Otome) where astonished at the speed and power Arika demonstrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenAltena View Post
My guess is that it probably does have some sort of genetic aspect to it to limit the use of it.
If I rememember correctly, after the events with Arika and Mashiro in the catacombs, Natsuke or Shizuru made a comment that indicated the fact that the Blue Sky Saphire "accepted" Arika was supprising, or at least unusual. This would seem to suggest that there is something special about Arika and she has a connection with the Blue Sky Saphire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
On one hand, we have the ownership belonging to the true heir to the throne. Considering its usually royalty that chooses the Otome, and not the Otome that chooses the royalty, it makes sense to pass on the GEM of the previous guardian to the next heir to the throne.
I actually had the impression that it was Garderobe that chose the Otome for each Royalty and that the gems were just loaned to each Otome. Remember in her cerimony, Akane was giving the matching gem ring to her future Master, not the other way around. Of course this does not explain then why Rena still had the Blue Sky Saphire after she gave birth to Arika and had lost her "qualifications" to be an Otome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blenderben View Post
How the heck did Arika get the Blue Sky Saph starting from ep1?
Whoever it was that found Nina pawned the gem as a normal piece of jewlery after finding her, and Miyu later found it in a bazzar and (realizing what it really was) aquired it and gave it to Arika.

Quote:
And what role does Mashiro-chan play as princess? Does she have any significant connection with anyone from the past?
It seems she is just some random child that was sustituted for the real princess when they could not find Nina.

Quote:
which episodes have proof that Arika is Alyssa's descendant? What in the series gave that away?
I don't think it was never expicitly stated, but from Mai HiME we know that Miyu was built to serve and protect Allyssa, and if I remeber correctly in Episode 8 Miyu said something about serving Arika's family. They also showed in that episode that Miyu sees Arika as having glowing hair, just like the Miyu in Mai Hime saw Alyssa.
Old 2007-04-25, 02:59   Link #24
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I actually had the impression that it was Garderobe that chose the Otome for each Royalty and that the gems were just loaned to each Otome. Remember in her cerimony, Akane was giving the matching gem ring to her future Master, not the other way around. Of course this does not explain then why Rena still had the Blue Sky Saphire after she gave birth to Arika and had lost her "qualifications" to be an Otome.
Well, Garderobe manufactures the GEM's, so naturaly Akane would have the GEM. I remember Mashiro describing Otome as 'wallflowers for Royalty' Obviously royalty are above Otome in this regard, which means that they would use their rights as royalty to make the choice.
Old 2007-04-25, 07:11   Link #25
mdauben

Quote:
I remember Mashiro describing Otome as 'wallflowers for Royalty' Obviously royalty are above Otome in this regard, which means that they would use their rights as royalty to make the choice.
Well, it's true that the role of the Otome is to serve and protect the royalty to which they are assigned, but I don't think that necessarily means that the royalty gets to choose which Otome they get. Gaderobe seems to have a lot of independence and authority in regards to Otome.

Still, while there is nothing in the story to indicate that the the royalty does get to choose, there is really nothing concrete to indicate they don't either. I guess it just comes down to a matter of oppinion.
Old 2007-04-25, 09:05   Link #26
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Well, it's true that the role of the Otome is to serve and protect the royalty to which they are assigned, but I don't think that necessarily means that the royalty gets to choose which Otome they get. Gaderobe seems to have a lot of independence and authority in regards to Otome.
On the contrary, they can't even accept new students or punish existing ones without running it through the council. The only time they have a say in things it concerns to otome technology.
Old 2007-04-25, 09:32   Link #27
mdauben

Quote:
On the contrary, they can't even accept new students or punish existing ones without running it through the council.
Arika's case was special, as she was being admitted in the middle of a semester without taking part in the competative testing the students usually must undergo to gain admittance. It only seems right that all the countries who's girls did have to go through that process should have a say.

In the end it seemed in a lot of ways nothing more than a formality, though. Natsuke decided that she wanted Arika accepted and Nina not expelled before the council even started, and she got what she wanted. During the council she seemed more annoyed at having to go through the process, than worried she might not get what she wanted.

Quote:
The only time they have a say in things it concerns to otome technology.
Again, I think this just comes down to opinion. Nothing in the anime really says one way or the other. I'm not saying that the repesentatives of the other countries don't have any say at all, but just I think Garderobe has more authority in the matter than you seem to.
Old 2007-04-25, 10:02   Link #28
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Arika's case was special, as she was being admitted in the middle of a semester without taking part in the competative testing the students usually must undergo to gain admittance. It only seems right that all the countries who's girls did have to go through that process should have a say.
So? That hardly seems a reason to call various ruling bodies to converse wether she should or should not be admitted. Unless Garderobe doesn't have free reign.

Quote:
In the end it seemed in a lot of ways nothing more than a formality, though. Natsuke decided that she wanted Arika accepted and Nina not expelled before the council even started, and she got what she wanted. During the council she seemed more annoyed at having to go through the process, than worried she might not get what she wanted.
Actually, they were giving Natsuki plenty of trouble. In fact, Mashiro was allowed to forbid, forbid Arika access to Garderobe. Rescue came in the form of Nagi, who manipulated Mashiro in allowing Arika a chance. Hell, even after the fight it still took the help of Yukino to convince the council to allow Arika acces. That would not have been necissary if Garderobe could decide these kind of things of her own.

Quote:
Again, I think this just comes down to opinion. Nothing in the anime really says one way or the other. I'm not saying that the repesentatives of the other countries don't have any say at all, but just I think Garderobe has more authority in the matter than you seem to.
Well, a matter of opinion to a certain degree, but I find evidence clearly pointing that Garderobe is not as independent as you seem to think.
Old 2007-04-25, 10:59   Link #29
mdauben

Quote:
In fact, Mashiro was allowed to forbid, forbid Arika access to Garderobe.
Mashiro was always trying to throw her weight around, though. Just becuase she said "no" does not mean they had to listen to her (again, Natsuke seemed more exasperated at Mashiro's outburst than worried). Other events in the anime let me to believe that despite the location of Gaderobe, it was in fact not strictly part of Windbloom (rather like the grounds of a foregn embassy is considered "forign soil" in the real world). So even if we grant that Gaderobe was subordinate to the council, that does not mean Mashiro has any more power over them than any other representative.

Quote:
Well, a matter of opinion to a certain degree, but I find evidence clearly pointing that Garderobe is not as independent as you seem to think.
You raise some good points, but I'm still not totally convinced. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.
Old 2007-04-26, 19:09   Link #30
LunarSun

umm...... about the robe thing in the begining

i was under the impression that natsuki/shizuru and people have stronger looking robes because they are the five pillar/collems(forgot which it is)
Old 2007-04-28, 17:30   Link #31
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjs20 View Post
The strength of an Otome isn't limited to her robe. If Arika and Lena had a fight, I think we all know who will win. With that said, setting robes to different levels, saying 'XXX robe is stronger then YYY robe' isn't accurate, wouldn't you say?

Azure Sky probably looks stronger because there have been more oppurtunities to show off. Besides, the stronger Otomes ...Shizuru ..Maria ...they're very capable of killing butt without their robe. Akira is very determined at what she does, not to mention very physically dependable.

Even knowing that, it's hard to measure exactly how strong each Otome is because 1) we've yet to see them fight each other and see one fall, 2) There hasn't been a situation where one fails and another succeeds.
Both "Ultimate" (Black/White) Diamond and "Sapphire of the Azure Sky" are "Zwei Ultimate" capable GEM. "Ultimate" term was never attributed for other GEM types.

"Ultimate Black Diamond" was start-up label for Diamond GEM e.g. Mai-Otome Episode 21.

In Otome Zwei Episode 1, other Otomes besides Arika was astonished with speed and power from the “Sapphire of the Azure Sky" GEM. Garderobe was still investigating “Sapphire of the Azure Sky" GEM’s technology.

Also, "Sapphire of the Azure Sky" GEM is also linked to Alyssa Searrs’s DNA(“bloodline”) i.e. taps Alyssa Searrs bloodline's HIME power i.e. bright golden glow hair mode. The direct link between Arika and Alyssa Searrs “bloodline” was made in Mai-Otome Episode 23. The reason why Miyu was kind to Akira was due to Akira's inherited Alyssa Searrs’s bloodline.
Old 2007-05-26, 23:57   Link #32
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Umm i know this might be a stupid question, but can someone please tell me who Alyssa Searrs is? I finished Mai Otome and never heard her name in the anime before... I have a feeling that it's from Mai Hime but haven't gotten around to watching that so could someone please explain who Alyssa is and her role in Mai Otome?
Old 2007-05-27, 05:32   Link #33
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Umm i know this might be a stupid question, but can someone please tell me who Alyssa Searrs is? I finished Mai Otome and never heard her name in the anime before... I have a feeling that it's from Mai Hime but haven't gotten around to watching that so could someone please explain who Alyssa is and her role in Mai Otome?
Alyssa Searrs is the ancestor of Rena Sayers and Arika Yumemiya.

In http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:AlyssaMO.jpg screenshot;
this shows Alyssa Searrs in a flashback in My-Otome.

Hair glow shows the mark of the Searrs foundation’s bio-engineered HIME enhanced DNA.
Miyu’s caring of Akira is due to the Alyssa Searrs’s bloodline i.e.

--- To quote (subtitle) My-Hime Episode 15.
Miyu: The Light is gone. The soft, warm, golden light, She was so adorable and so lonely**...
---

According to OVA1, Garderobe is still investigating the Akira’s Robe 2.0 power (cite expanding energy sword weapon and robe 2.0) i.e. hair glow was shown to be linked to Sky Blue GEM. Alyssa's also DNA carries an expanding energy sword type weapon. As you may already know, a DNA string contains information in a fix alphabet format i.e. quad-state/four letter alphabet. Your computer works on two letter alphabet.

Researchers (in information science) today are looking into DNA as future storage medium.

**Being a "mutant" (using X-Men's terms) has advantages and disadvantages.

Last edited by encia; 2007-05-27 at 05:53.
Old 2007-05-27, 11:54   Link #34
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
Miyu’s caring of Akira is due to the Alyssa Searrs’s bloodline i.e.
Arika, not Akira.

Spoiler for HiME Alyssa:
Old 2007-05-27, 17:53   Link #35
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ahh yes, Miyu, the pain in the neck for the connection deniers.

Alyssa Sears was indeed a character from Hime, and is one of the greatest bridges between Hime and Otome (though there are still many who claim there is 'not enough information' despite Miyu blatantly telling Arika she is a descendant of Allysa).

As you can see, I prefer to believe in a connection, though I am sure there will be people who can tell you their point of view for why it is not.
Old 2007-05-28, 04:08   Link #36
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post
Arika, not Akira.

Spoiler for HiME Alyssa:
Ops, I meant Arika. I spelt it backwards…
Old 2007-06-07, 03:49   Link #37
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
(though there are still many who claim there is 'not enough information' despite Miyu blatantly telling Arika she is a descendant of Allysa)
Miyu tells Arika that she is a descendant of "that person", and a flashback of Alyssa is shown. She never calls the girl Alyssa, only the bird.
Old 2007-06-07, 06:19   Link #38
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Miyu tells Arika that she is a descendant of "that person", and a flashback of Alyssa is shown. She never calls the girl Alyssa, only the bird.
That bird carries Alyssa Searrs's DNA data.
Old 2007-06-07, 08:34   Link #39
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

My point is that there is no human character explicitly called "Alyssa Searrs" in Otome.
Old 2007-06-08, 05:44   Link #40
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
My point is that there is no human character explicitly called "Alyssa Searrs" in Otome.
There’s a clear reference if one watches the entire episodes in one go.

By visual, there was a reference for Alyssa Searrs i.e. flash back reference. The DNA sequence carried by the bird was labelled Alyssa Searrs. As with any human DNA database, the unique DNA sequence with a known human name is associated to its human owner i.e. in this case it's Alyssa Searrs.

Both episode 22 and the teaser movie trailer shows Miyu having yellow glowing energy sword. Both sequences shows Alyssa's lending of her strenght to Miyu.

We know from OVA1/OVA2, proto-Z-Hime type nano-machines already exist on Earth e.g. Miyu. Also, My-Otome’s AdminStar has the Searrs’s logo.

Last edited by encia; 2007-06-08 at 06:40.
Closed Thread