AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-27, 05:28   Link #41
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

"Reference" does not mean "proven".

Try to abstract from HiME. Use only the information revealed in Otome and Zwei.

Until it is said explicitly that the events of HiME happened in the Otome universe, and that Miyu is the same one from HiME, and that "Searrs" and the logo refer to the same Searrs Foundation from HiME, all speculation based on what we know from HiME will remain just that: speculation.

Also, nothing is said about the bird's DNA. When Miyu activates the Artemis sword, the bird flies into her Marie sword, and the words "Alissa Searrs: Millenium Queen" (sic) are displayed in Miyu's UI. That's the only reference to the name Alyssa/Alissa Searrs in Otome, and it's not linked to the "Alyssa" ancestor of Arika whom Miyu sees in the flashback.

I know I'm denying the obvious, but my point is: HiME isn't part of Otome canon, so if we use any information from HiME to make conclusions about Otome, it immediately shifts into "speculation" territory.

What we do know is:
1. Miyu, the Administar, and the Otome technology are all connected (episode 26) - probably all made by the same party.
2. Miyu is also connected to a "Golden Millennium" and a being named Alissa (not Alyssa) Searrs, who is identified as the "Millennium Queen" (episode 22).
3. She also possibly contains technology similar to Otome nanomachines, since she can be petrified like them (Zwei episode 1), but so can a random tree (Zwei episode 2).
4. "Otome" is written "乙HiME" and stands for "乙-type Highly-Advanced Materialising Equipment" (episode 17). "乙-type" possibly implies that there are other types of Highly-Advanced Materialising Equipment, otherwise the clarification would be redundant.
Old 2007-06-30, 08:13   Link #42
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
"Reference" does not mean "proven".

Try to abstract from HiME. Use only the information revealed in Otome and Zwei.

Until it is said explicitly that the events of HiME happened in the Otome universe, and that Miyu is the same one from HiME, and that "Searrs" and the logo refer to the same Searrs Foundation from HiME, all speculation based on what we know from HiME will remain just that: speculation.
It either falls as;
1. they are the same unless they proven otherwise.
2. they are not the same unless they are proven otherwise.

They are equal in terms speculation at that point. The information presented in the materials could tilt the balance.

Quote:
Also, nothing is said about the bird's DNA.
What about "Confirmed Alyssa Searrs DNA data" statement?

Quote:
When Miyu activates the Artemis sword, the bird flies into her Marie sword, and the words "Alissa Searrs: Millenium Queen" (sic) are displayed in Miyu's UI. That's the only reference to the name Alyssa/Alissa Searrs in Otome, and it's not linked to the "Alyssa" ancestor of Arika whom Miyu sees in the flashback.
Other references are;
1. the unique golden hair glow and Miyu's fixation on this particular characteristic i.e. EP15 My-HIME(21:35), EP06 Otome(8:54), EP23 Otome(9:19). Also,
"Because you inherited her blood" in the context to why Miyu is kind to Arika.

One has to define "Because you inherited her blood" and golden hair glow characteristic in the same context.

Also in Otome 23,

N: “What are you?”
M: I am Miyu, The one who inherits Miss’ will.

In My-Hime EP15
M: "Please hang in there, Miss"

Notice Miyu's usage of "Miss" label.

2. Miyu’s statement living for several hundred years (My-Otome EP23).

3. Genuine materialiser label for Crystal Princess/CatGod/Mikoto**.

**Technically won the HIME festival by defeating Mai.

4. Otome EP06, for reference to Earth's organisms that doesn’t exist on Earl.

5. Otome EP15, for a poem about passing a thousand stars (9:09) and ten thousand nights. It's a poem by the first pilot who landed on planet Earl.
An interstellar space travel via sleeper style spaceships perhaps i.e. not the classic warp/hyperspace type capable starships.

Quote:
I know I'm denying the obvious, but my point is: HiME isn't part of Otome canon, so if we use any information from HiME to make conclusions about Otome, it immediately shifts into "speculation" territory.

What we do know is:
1. Miyu, the Administar, and the Otome technology are all connected (episode 26) - probably all made by the same party.
2. Miyu is also connected to a "Golden Millennium" and a being named Alissa (not Alyssa) Searrs, who is identified as the "Millennium Queen" (episode 22).
Refer to RENA vs LENA. Character "Y" can change to "I".

Quote:
3. She also possibly contains technology similar to Otome nanomachines, since she can be petrified like them (Zwei episode 1), but so can a random tree (Zwei episode 2).
The red beam could carry the nano-machine payload or environmental nanotechnology contamination (1).

1. http://www.hazards.org/nanotech/safety.htm

Quote:
4. "Otome" is written "乙HiME" and stands for "乙-type Highly-Advanced Materialising Equipment" (episode 17). "乙-type" possibly implies that there are other types of Highly-Advanced Materialising Equipment, otherwise the clarification would be redundant.
"Type 2" implies a Type 1.

Last edited by encia; 2007-06-30 at 08:37. Reason: More information.
Old 2007-06-30, 08:55   Link #43
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
They are equal in terms speculation at that point.
No, they're not. POV 2 prevails because Otome is not a direct sequel - it's a different show with different similar-looking characters (recycled via a procedure that, I believe, is more or less commonplace in anime), set in a different (by default) universe.
Quote:
What about "Confirmed Alyssa Searrs DNA data" statement?
Which episode?
Quote:
**Technically won the HIME festival by defeating Mai.
And the mark disappeared. Why would it reappear on another planet after hundreds of years? Also, why would she survive while the other HiME are dead - and for that matter, if Otome is a sequel, what happened to the original Mashiro, who was also a natural-born HiME?
Quote:
Refer to RENA vs LENA.
"Lena" is the official romanization, used consistently in Zwei (in the infamous "Arinko,Save US!!" newspaper) and on an official poster - it's just her character page on my-zhime.net that is called rena.html. But then, Mahya's is maya.html, Sergay's is sergei.html, etc.
Old 2007-06-30, 09:13   Link #44
encia

Quote:
No, they're not. POV 2 prevails because Otome is not a direct sequel - it's a different show with different similar-looking characters (recycled via a procedure that, I believe, is more or less commonplace in anime), set in a different (by default) universe.
Natsuki Kuga and Dr Kuga looks similar.

Quote:
Which episode?
Otome 22.
Old 2007-06-30, 09:20   Link #45
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
Natsuki Kuga and Dr Kuga looks similar.
I'm not sure I get the point...

Quote:
Otome 22.
I went through both Miyu scenes in that episode, and neither mentions DNA.
Old 2007-06-30, 09:55   Link #46
MirokuKazuya
Abe No Kazuya

Send a message via MSN to MirokuKazuya
hmm... for wat i see and think...i think that sunrise is trying very hard to connect mai hime and mai otome.. mai otome zwei episode 3 says so..( my opinion )
Old 2007-06-30, 13:27   Link #47
soleil192

well i personally think that the 2 of them are related somehow...maybe mikoto survive for so long 'cause she was a little different from the other HiMEs ,she never materialize anything and after her powers were gone she heal really fast (ep 26 hime when she was hanging from a tree and mai went 2 her...blah U know)
and by a...dont know lets say "magic door" she ends up in earl with no memory.
i'm still hoping for duran to appear in MOZ 4.
heck i wouldn't be surprised if in Mai HiME Destiny someone with a true
materializer mark pop out from nowhere trying to destroy the academy or people with robes start attacking the school or something...
Old 2007-06-30, 18:25   Link #48
encia

Quote:
I'm not sure I get the point...
One can treat the fictional anime characters like real actors and separate them from the stories e.g. Mai’s statement on not getting enough screen/stage time(Otome 26).

Quote:
I went through both Miyu scenes in that episode, and neither mentions DNA.
MIYU OS:Sword:Marie. Starting materialization sequence.
MIYU GUI: Equipment Stand By.
Miyu: Miss Alyssa, lend me your strength.
MIYU OS: Confirmed Alyssa Searrs DNA data.
MIYU GUI: Alissa Searrs Millenium Queen. Gold Sword, Artemis
MIYU OS: Artemis; Golden Sword. Mission start.
//Sword expansion scene.

PS; This is via SS translation.

Last edited by encia; 2007-06-30 at 18:55.
Old 2007-06-30, 18:44   Link #49
encia

Quote:
That doesn’t disprove POV1, if Sunrise treats its anime characters like real world actors.
Old 2007-06-30, 22:10   Link #50
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
heck i wouldn't be surprised if in Mai HiME Destiny someone with a true
materializer mark pop out from nowhere trying to destroy the academy or people with robes start attacking the school or something...
Isn't Destiny yet another alternate universe, where the HiME never existed, but Fuka and it students did?

As for the "sword expansion scene", this is how it goes in the Doremi version:

"Sword Marie. Begin the higher order tuning sequence."
[Equipment Stand By]
"Alissa-ojousama, give me your power!"
[the bird flies in]
"Confirming status of Alissa Searrs."
[Alissa Searrs: Millenium Queen]
"Artemis. The golden sword. Mission start."
Old 2007-07-01, 01:48   Link #51
encia

Quote:
Isn't Destiny yet another alternate universe, where the HiME never existed, but Fuka and it students did?
Both My-Hime and HIME Destiny deals with DNA based enhancements.

HIME Destiny just introduces another variant i.e. reference to a Mordiford Wyvern legend (European). Emmm, "yet another legend" Deus Ex Machina...

Refer to Otome OVA3’s book with a dragon drawing.

Quote:
As for the "sword expansion scene", this is how it goes in the Doremi version:

"Sword Marie. Begin the higher order tuning sequence."
[Equipment Stand By]
"Alissa-ojousama, give me your power!"
[the bird flies in]
"Confirming status of Alissa Searrs."
[Alissa Searrs: Millenium Queen]
"Artemis. The golden sword. Mission start."
Compare Otome 22 "Confirming status of Alissa Searrs"/"Confirmed Alyssa Searrs DNA data" Japanese voice statement to Mai-Hime 12’s Japanese voice statement.

My-Hime 12’s english voice statement is "Confirming the genetic imprint of Alyssa Searrs".
Closed Thread