AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-09, 01:55   Link #1
Thelastguardian

Touka Gettan

桃華月憚
Touka Gettan
Anime : http://www.avexmovie.jp/lineup/momotsuki/ (still dead
Game (18+) : http://www.orbit-soft.com/product/root/nsm2/index.html

Cast info from NeoSam:

Based on the ORBIT/ROOT eroge Touka Gettan ~Kao no Nai Tsuki II~, currently serialized in the magazine Comptiq.

Animation Studio: Studio DEEN

The crew is mostly the same as the other Root game-to-anime Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabi. Don't expect much yuri though- the main character is a male.
Furthermore, I looked through the game introduction and it doesn't seem like the series is going to be yuri-centric.

Other than the memory lossing and stop growing part, the storyline looks just a bit like the first game....But then, they are related....

But look on the bright side: the game has over 18 characters with 14 of them females ヽ(´∀` )ノ

Rant: Yami To Boushi looked fabulous, so why is this series' drawing style seems...different? Especially the eyes. The game (or at least the character page of the game site) looks much hotter. Also, the main character is only 161cm tall, the New Type (I think) shot makes it as if he is much taller...
Old 2006-12-09, 07:43   Link #2
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Spoiler:

darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:31   Link #3
xaisen

any idea on if or even when this is gettin aired or subbed?
or is that a dumb question
xaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:58   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaisen View Post
or is that a dumb question
Yes!? Just kidding. There are no such things as dumb question. Only dumb answers. To answer the question, (I'll try not to make it a dumb answer ) the show hasn't aired yet. There is nothing concrete either as to when this show will air. The worries about fansubbing obviously rises when a show in question has aired.

Few more pertitnent information on this show. This title is apparently based on an adult anime aka Hentai called Moon Light Lady. The staff info is as follows:

Director: Yamaguchi Yuji who also directed one of my favourite shows Strawberry Egg. I despised Fate Stay Nights by the way.
Character Designer & Animation Director: Nishida Asako is also the character designer and the chief animation director for the show Simoun.
Music: Tada Akifumi

The genre reads romance, so I'm obviously interested.
Old 2007-03-09, 16:55   Link #5
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Further to what Monir wrote a month ago, this is my pick for this season. A "large-scale" fantasy-romance from Studio Deen, written by the writer of Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito and director of YKK and Zettai Shounen (Mochizuki Tomomi), directed by the director of Yamibo, Strawberry Eggs...and F/SN (Yamaguchi Yuji), designed and animated by Nishida Asako and with sound director Tsujitani Kouji to guide the cast. Both of these last two did the same jobs on Simoun, Yamibo and Fate/Stay Night. Of course, it's Simoun that attracts my attention.

Starring two new seiyuu, with Yukana (Dominura in Simoun, CC in Code Geass, Lottie in Soukou no Strain), Kitamura Eri (Saya in Blood+, Tatiana in Chevalier), Kobayashi Yu (Setsuna in Negima), Fujimura Ayumi (Karada in Asatte no Houkou), and Nojima Kenji in the cast.

Starts Monday 02 April at 25:30. There will be an event at the Tokyo International Anime Fair on 25 March, featuring some of the seiyuu, scheduled to include Kobayashi Yu and Kitamura Eri.

EDIT: I've now had a look at the staff blog, which says that almost the entire staff is reassembled from Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito, including all four of the names I've linked above. Like Yamibo, this is an adaptation of an adult PC game from Carnelian, and as the blog describes Yamibo, I expect it to be esthetically rich and straightforwardly erotic. With some yuri.

The game comes out the same week as the anime. The game -- originally called Moonlight Lady II -- has been known to be in development for at least two years. So the anime is clearly partly being made to sell the game. The Japanese Wikipedia page gives a summary of the plot situation that I understand better than the ones on the anime or game's web sites. It says that hero (who is played by a female seiyuu) has lost his/her memory and in the course of attempting to regain it attends a school in the mythical land where the story is set.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-03-12 at 13:58.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 13:11   Link #6
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Carnelian

3581x5302, 1.9 MB
Old 2007-03-20, 00:54   Link #7
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

According to Seiyuu Watch Yukana has had to leave the cast because her schedule had been double booked. Her agency, Sigma Seven, made a statement taking full responsibility for their "ineptitude" and apologizing profusely. They only discovered the problem after episode one had been recorded, the statement said, and only made the move after full discussion with "all concerned."

Itou Miki (Sachiko in Marimite, Fuji-nee in F/SN, Asa in Shuffle!) will take over her role of Yumiko, the hero (heroine?) Touka's beautiful young mother, a role which is billed third, after the two stars. Just having heard her again in the Marimite OVAs, I'm looking forward to her in this role, too, despite being disappointed not to hear Yukana.

This coming season, Yukana is finishing a major role as C.C. in Code Geass, and has new minor roles in Nanoha StrikerS, Toward the Terra, and Idolmaster Xenoglossia. It appears the conflict must just have to do with when recording sessions are scheduled, or may concern something coming up in the summer. It seems odd, certainly. Touka Gettan appears to be a 13-episode series, but perhaps it's longer.

Yukana is a controversial figure, having left more than one agency before now, and having been accused of getting roles through her relationship with a sound director, so unfortunately this just adds to her reputation for being a dangerous person to cast. She's worth the trouble, however.

Here's a picture of Yukana (left) with Koshimizu Ami. Two of the best voice actresses around, in my opinion:

MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei
Old 2007-03-20, 01:23   Link #8
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
According to Seiyuu Watch Yukana has had to leave the cast because her schedule had been double booked. Her agency, Sigma Seven, made a statement taking full responsibility for their "ineptitude" and apologizing profusely. They only discovered the problem after episode one had been recorded, the statement said, and only made the move after full discussion with "all concerned."

Itou Miki (Sachiko in Marimite, Fuji-nee in F/SN, Asa in Shuffle!) will take over her role of Yumiko, the hero (heroine?) Touka's beautiful young mother, a role which is billed third, after the two stars. Just having heard her again in the Marimite OVAs, I'm looking forward to her in this role, too, despite being disappointed not to hear Yukana.

This coming season, Yukana is finishing a major role as C.C. in Code Geass, and has new minor roles in Nanoha StrikerS, Toward the Terra, and Idolmaster Xenoglossia. It appears the conflict must just have to do with when recording sessions are scheduled, or may concern something coming up in the summer. It seems odd, certainly. Touka Gettan appears to be a 13-episode series, but perhaps it's longer.

Yukana is a controversial figure, having left more than one agency before now, and having been accused of getting roles through her relationship with a sound director, so unfortunately this just adds to her reputation for being a dangerous person to cast. She's worth the trouble, however.

Here's a picture of Yukana (left) with Koshimizu Ami. Two of the best voice actresses around, in my opinion:

Ah the legendary Zeta Gundam controversy eh. I remember that in that it all but broke her career for a good long time and her recovery has been pretty steep. Considering Four Murasame was never that major a character beyond development for Kamille (and this was before A New Translation cut her already brief role in Zeta down to like a third) and the show aired so darn long ago I don't see what the big deal was. Then again screwing around with Gundam fans is a really dangerous business, just ask me. Gundam can make or break a career, regardless of any external circumstances.

Still I say to anyone who gives her flak I say to cut her a freaking break on that one, because A) I think she was even better than the original Four who was kind of annoying to be honest and B) It's a much much longer story than simply her sleeping with a sound director and its not really her fault at all to begin with.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 19:27   Link #9
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

5667x3594, 4.7 MB
Old 2007-03-23, 02:38   Link #10
Psycho_Kenshin

Moonlight Lady is one of my fav h-ovas... it's too bad this one is non-h.

I hope the character design isn't toned down. I have a feeling these won't "stack up" to Pink Pineapple's, if you know what I'm saying... (hint: boobs).
Psycho_Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 01:59   Link #11
sakuravs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_Kenshin View Post
Moonlight Lady is one of my fav h-ovas... it's too bad this one is non-h.

I hope the character design isn't toned down. I have a feeling these won't "stack up" to Pink Pineapple's, if you know what I'm saying... (hint: boobs).
I second that...It may be a weird thing to watch a Carnelian anime without ecchi or hentai elements.

I think maybe this is a part of a strategy by ORBIT/ROOT for their profit. They have probably anticipated that many TV viewer can NOT resist the "temptation" after seeing those stunningly beautiful, innocent & seductive Carnelian girls in this anime and then eventually many over-18 people will go out and buy the eroge h-game. Sweet & nice for those who live in Japan, though. But it's a painful thing to me when knowing that none of the Carnelian eroge games (like this one, or Quilt, or Yamibou...) are licensed & sold in Western markets. (it takes a huge money for uncensored Carnelian materials, maybe?)

Last edited by sakuravs; 2007-03-24 at 02:52.
sakuravs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 08:25   Link #12
MeganeShounen
The Rebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuravs View Post
They have probably anticipated that many TV viewer can NOT resist the "temptation" after seeing those stunningly beautiful, innocent & seductive Carnelian girls in this anime and then eventually many over-18 people will go out and buy the eroge h-game.
Sadly, seems like I'm in almost the same predicament as "those" guys.

It may sound sad, but I only took notice of Carnelian when this anime was announced. Then, for some reasons, I took on the task of watching Kao no Nai Tsuki, despite being ero, and searching for various Carnelian art. Didn't quite expect the plot though for the OVA, but... wow. The art was amazing. Seriously.

The artist just joined the ranks of Suzuhira Hiro, Tasuku Iizuki, Amadayu Tatsuki and Misato Mitsumi in my "favorite artists" list. Then, I return to this anime, hoping for a good watch with the great art. Even if it's just a conversion from the original art...

And right now, I won't mind seeing an H or non-H Carnelian show. ^_^
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 00:59   Link #13
sakuravs

Some more scans of Touka Gettan.
Hopefully there'll be a fansub picking this series when it's aired.

Here's an update for more oh-so-lovely scans.

Last edited by sakuravs; 2007-04-01 at 19:51.
sakuravs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 06:33   Link #14
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

Quote:

Some more scans of Touka Gettan.

Here's an update for more oh-so-lovely scans.

WOOOWW!!
These are very cool.
I was searching for these!! Thanx!
Carnelian is very cool!! And i am strongly against fanservice, h-content...
And this means, this one is perfect for me, right?

Faint pieces of light, I grasp, subversively, in spite of the pain rushing...
Cai Calamigarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 12:36   Link #15
eggplant
Eggplant

Saw episode 1.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 12:58   Link #16
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Now that it's aired the first episode, any signs that any of the groups are picking it up?
Old 2007-04-02, 19:45   Link #17
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

I watched the episode and it seemed pretty good. The only thing I want to know is that if Touka is a freaking girl or boy? The current he/she definitely seems like a girl, but the past he/she looks like a boy.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-02, 19:50   Link #18
Srin Tuar
無謀

The art and voices were nice... but was the show moving forwards or back?
I liked the kiss scene... set in present or past? I got the impression they had a pile of random clips and voices and jump lumped them all together....
If I can't figure out whats going on I wont follow this show.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 21:44   Link #19
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I agree with with everyone else's words of praise, but not with their concerns about the plot or the gender of the hero. I don't know what's going on, either, but it doesn't worry me...yet. Mystery is good, and this show has plenty of it, like Yami to Boushi. And that scene on the station platform at the end was lovely.

Nishida Asako's version of Carnelian's designs, and her overall handling of the animation is really satisfying. The way the animation and backgrounds work together to give that rich texture is stellar. The art director is Koyama Toshihisa, who did Bottle Fairy, Fafner, F/SN, Kiddy Grade, Noir, and Yami to Boushi, among other shows. And I hear again sound director Tsujitani Kouji's style of sometimes using the music he gets in ways that go against what's happening in the scene, as he did in Simoun. This also gives a rich, complex feeling.

And just as eggplant said, I was impressed with Ise Mariya's voice-acting and with Hayami Saori's singing. I like that ED.

I look forward to figuring out what's going on as I rewatch, and get to see subs, hopefully in both Chinese and English.
Old 2007-04-03, 00:06   Link #20
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

My god, I have no idea what just happened. I was enveloped in lush landscapes, blowing flowers, scenes of ridiculously well endowed women, and quite possibly the most confusing plot progression I've seen since that time I watched the Utena movie without having seen the TV series first.

I want to like this just based on the obvious aesthetic appeal, but if they don't come up with some story soon... (and maybe a sub) then I don't know if I can take this sort of mindblowing assault on the beauty-sensors.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, deen, mystery, orbit, romance, root, supernatural