AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-04, 12:17   Link #41
Cyz
"Show it to me"

1st episode is now subbed by Serin Go and get it ppl!
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 13:10   Link #42
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

After watching the sub, it makes a little more sense, but I'm still unclear on a few things. The part when Momo and Touka kiss is in the book Yuriko is writing? And is Touka also a character from a Yuriko's book like Momo, or is it just Momo?

And Yuriko is one hot mama.
Old 2007-04-04, 13:54   Link #43
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Well..i cant wait for his one for two reasons

1) it is CARNELIAN art
2) it is based on Moonlight lady (awesome hentai BTW)
Old 2007-04-04, 14:44   Link #44
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
After watching the sub, it makes a little more sense, but I'm still unclear on a few things. The part when Momo and Touka kiss is in the book Yuriko is writing? And is Touka also a character from a Yuriko's book like Momo, or is it just Momo?

And Yuriko is one hot mama.
So Yuriko is Touka's mom? She's looks young to be a mom.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 15:02   Link #45
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
So Yuriko is Touka's mom? She's looks young to be a mom.
Well in the beginning Touka kept calling her mama, but then she all of a sudden asks how old he is. So to be honest I'm not sure. I think he was transferred into the story world at a young age and grew up there. And at some point he came back to the real world at a time when he was still supposed to be young. Which would explain the reason why he feels like he was just born at the same time feeling like he wasn't. So I think it would be better to say that Touka is too old to be Yuriko's child rather than Yuriko being too young to be a mom.

Another thing is I think in the real world Touka is a girl and in the story world Touka is a boy. This is all speculation though.
Old 2007-04-04, 15:06   Link #46
Xellos-_^
Married

love the artwork. Moonlight Lady is a defintely favorite and yes i only watch it for the artwork and the music (great ed theme)

Now can someone just explain what happen in Ep1?
Old 2007-04-04, 15:43   Link #47
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:

Another thing is I think in the real world Touka is a girl and in the story world Touka is a boy. This is all speculation though.
Spoiler:

And Touka's mom is fu**ing HOT! Carnelian seriously rocks with the girls' character designs!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 16:00   Link #48
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

watched ep1 and lol @ similarity it had with moonlight lady

is there any relation between these 2? or they just look similar

My signature gallery
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 16:07   Link #49
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post

i think moonlight lady is suppose to be a prequel to this.
Old 2007-04-04, 16:20   Link #50
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Spoiler:

And Touka's mom is fu**ing HOT! Carnelian seriously rocks with the girls' character designs!
My bad Yuriko isn't the writer of the story. It's Yumiko who possessed Yuriko's body for one scene. But Yumiko says that her mom is Yuriko, so I'm still confused on who's Yuriko's daughter. However, I think I got how the story goes.

Spoiler:

What's the flashback scene with the psycho guy about? I can't make a connection.

Btw on ANN it says that Touka Gettan is a spinoff of Moonlight Lady. I guess I should watch this moonlight lady, maybe I'll understand more.
Old 2007-04-04, 18:15   Link #51
lommm
l'homme de lommm

does the animation team for this have anything in common with Higurashi? just thought certain things looked similar...

i still don't know what's going on... do i need to watch/read something else before i understand this? even if i never get it, the animation is so beautiful that i will probably continue watching.

and i made this because i loved this moment. everyone's had something like this happen before (maybe not with something as embarrassing as a hot dog, but you know what i mean):

ASA

NASA

Last edited by lommm; 2007-04-04 at 18:39.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 18:17   Link #52
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:

Btw on ANN it says that Touka Gettan is a spinoff of Moonlight Lady. I guess I should watch this moonlight lady, maybe I'll understand more.
Yeah sure, you just to want to Touka Gettan so you go watch Moonlight Lady Best excuse for the year.
Old 2007-04-04, 18:35   Link #53
sakuravs

Since the phenomenon of SHnY, we have seen that episode order in anime may not necessarily always follow a linear time line. That kiss scene of at the end of epi.1 may be the last scene of the series or it just happens in the imagination of Yumiko, who knows? All I've seen in epi.1 is that Momoka is gone & Touka somehow left that world to find her after crying in front of her uniform. Why did he become a buddha statue? perhaps epi.5 will reveal that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt

I watched Kao no nai Tsuki long time ago. So far I don't see any relations, except for the background, the similar character costumes & the colorful ball that the girl in the ED keep bouncing up & down. But I recommend watching Moonlight Lady for all those "good h-stuffs" if you will.....
Spoiler for u.18:

Finally, just because it's a spinoff doesn't mean that Touka Gettan & Moonlight Lady have something to do with each other. I've seen something like this before. To name a few: (all of these didn't relate to each other at all)
Canvas~Motif of Sepia~ (a hentai) and Canvas2 ~Niji-iro no Sketch~ (an anime)
Tokimeki Memorial (OVA) (a hentai) and Tokimeki Memorial (Only Love) (an anime)

Last edited by sakuravs; 2007-04-04 at 21:05.
sakuravs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 18:35   Link #54
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Wha~ I don't know what you are talking about... lol.

Hey I didn't know it was a h anime at first... and anyway its like killing 2 birds with one stone. Not only will I get some background info for Touka Gettan, but I will also get some entertainment to ease my mind. There is no shame in getting information...
Old 2007-04-04, 18:45   Link #55
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Wow, I need to watch Moonlight Lady again before I watch this.
Old 2007-04-04, 20:01   Link #56
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Alright...i think images are ok to post since i dont know where to post this

TOUKA CHAN SUTEKI

BTW..is Touka chan a guy or a girl...cause i m having doubts about myself since i went absolutely nose bleeding with this pic

can some one tell me where i can upload big images..i have a 4.72 mb scan but photobucket wont allow

Last edited by toxic_trance; 2007-04-04 at 20:25.
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 20:50   Link #57
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
love the artwork. Moonlight Lady is a defintely favorite and yes i only watch it for the artwork and the music (great ed theme)

Now can someone just explain what happen in Ep1?
That is so unfair. I was hoping you will be able to enlighten considering you watched Moonlight Lady for the story. This was seriously one WTF episode. At first I thought Touka-chan was a girl. Yuriko/Yumiko also confirms Touka-chan is a girl. Then near the end, Touka-chan seems to be a boy. And not to mention Yuriko/Yumiko has Asa-senpai's soul entrapped some where in there. Surely I can't be the only one noticed the voice of Asa-senpai there which has made the appeal for Yumiko/Yuriko's character go up a few fold.

I'll be back for the 2nd serving since it is hard to ignore the Yami to Boshi Hon no Tabibito resemblance in the essence of presentation and the character design. The last half minute of the episode also helps the cause. I suppose the only remaining question for me: was Moonlight Lady about a yuri "story" and was the first episode following the featured plot line in Moonlight Lady?
Old 2007-04-04, 21:10   Link #58
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Uh...the first episode is confusing and no surprise really because I've seen "Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito" in the past so I was sort expecting it. I'm guessing this is another cross reality/different world type of anime like like "Yami to Boushi"

Now how on earth does this anime have anything to do with "Moonlight Lady"? I've seen that ecchi anime before and I don't see the connection to Touka Gettan. I guess it'll all make sense a couple of episodes down the line, hopefully. *shrugs*

Ha. As always Carnelian's artwork is super. Now if she would stop making the boys look so darn girly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
And not to mention Yuriko/Yumiko has Asa-senpai's soul entrapped some where in there. Surely I can't be the only one noticed the voice of Asa-senpai there which has made the appeal for Yumiko/Yuriko's character go up a few fold.
Ooooh, no wonder why her voice sound awfully familiar! Meh, she's not as "genki" as Asa though.
Old 2007-04-04, 21:24   Link #59
rageguy

nice artwork. everything looks so pretty in the anime. but the story so far is a big turn off. it makes no sense, i see random fanservice. there was even a sex scene too.
rageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 21:55   Link #60
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

aw come on..the sex scene was behind a curtain for gods sake. Anyway, i have seen Moonlight Lady and till now, except character design, i dont see any other similarity. Moonlight Lady had all sorts of pairings, so there was a Yuri love scene between the female lead and her maid. But they are no way connected to this story.

The first episode didnt make much sense to me, but what the heck..the girls are awesome cute, so i think i can make through it. If I could watch Kyoshiro, I think i can bear this one too. Plus this might turn out to have a story because there are so many plots introduced with none answered

Tags
bishoujo, deen, mystery, orbit, romance, root, supernatural