AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-05, 15:40   Link #81
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Kinda like watching Yami to Boushi but only different but Yami to Boushi is also confusing since it involves too many branching stories....well that's just me anyway. I'll stick around this one and see where it would lead

I had to rewatch the part about the sword girl getting on the train and disappearing but I understood it once i pay more attentation to it. Yami's first is no where near as confusing as Touka's first ep. I mean at least there is no Kurogane Doctrine in play in Yami compare to Touka.

I am still waiting for the Maids to fondle someone.
Old 2007-04-05, 16:02   Link #82
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I am still waiting for the Maids to fondle someone.
There surely are enough maids for something like that to happen. There had to be like 20 maids on each side of the walkway when the son was leaving to go somewhere.
Old 2007-04-05, 18:08   Link #83
Sakuya
*Artist

I find it strange how the opening, eyecatch, and previews all had words that say what they are. And they even say it aloud. They didn't for the preview but I was waiting for it. XD
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 21:41   Link #84
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Jesus Christ, people. Talk about a bizarre reaction. "I don't understand the first episode, so I'm going to throw this series away completely." Haven't you people ever watched a mystery anime before? Paranoia Agent, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Zettai Shounen, Tsukihime, etc, etc. The whole point of the first episode is to present a mystery that makes no sense now, but will later on (provided the story is told well).

And, that's the key to this anime: if it manages to clear everything up and answer all questions, it'll end up a winner. If it fumbles with plot holes and leaves unanswered questions, it's a loser. But, this has potential. Like, serious potential. It could end up anywhere between epic beyond words and total piece of crap. But, I was impressed with the first ep. It had drama, it had interesting, messed-up characters, it had glorious animation (where was this in Higurashi?) and a surreal atmosphere. And it made absolutely no sense. Awwwesooome.

I have my eye on the directing. I've still yet to see Yamiguchi behind the camera in an anime I liked, and while I think he shows occasional glimpses of talent, I've never been satisfied by the way he brings the complete story together in any of his outings I've witnessed. This is undoubtedly a challenge for him, but if he pulls it off, he'll certainly gain my respect.

Final word: So, this is a sequel/spin-off to Moonlight Lady? Let me just say that, even to this day, I've yet to see a hentai that was hotter than Moonlight Lady. Really. The whole thing was just incredibly hot beyond words. I'd kill for more hentai with character designs and animation as good as that series'.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 22:42   Link #85
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Jesus Christ, people. Talk about a bizarre reaction. "I don't understand the first episode, so I'm going to throw this series away completely." Haven't you people ever watched a mystery anime before? Paranoia Agent, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Zettai Shounen, Tsukihime, etc, etc. The whole point of the first episode is to present a mystery that makes no sense now, but will later on (provided the story is told well).
I think its the show's job to pull you in and make you want to see more. The shows you mention had much less insane ep1's that this one. I think the art was good, but I'm too confused to know whether or not i want to see the second episode.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 23:58   Link #86
sakuravs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I don't understand what's going on in ep1, either, but I do have a few ideas:
Spoiler for ep1 possible explanations:
Brilliant!!! So far it ties everything up together. From now on, instead of skimming through a whole bunch of other even-more-confused "WTF" posts, I'll be looking for your further explanations in the future (if you have any) when there is something I don't get as the series proceeds.

Last edited by sakuravs; 2007-04-06 at 00:09.
sakuravs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 01:04   Link #87
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
I think its the show's job to pull you in and make you want to see more. The shows you mention had much less insane ep1's that this one. I think the art was good, but I'm too confused to know whether or not i want to see the second episode.
Yeah, but I hate this idea that first episodes are supposed to be seen as 25 minute commercial ads for the rest of the series, particular when so many anime (especially a lot of the better or more surprising series) have totally misleading first episodes. But, this is inevitably one of those series that will reward loyalty... all the big plot twists will be at the end, or in the middle, and the first part of the series will just be question upon question that continually confuse the viewer. And, I won't deny that it can be a frustrating experience. I definitely thought that was the case during the middle section of Higurashi, for example, when it was just question after question with no answers and little sign of reprieve. The pay off for a series like that comes after that.

Obviously this is assuming that the show actually does explain itself by the end, since, if it doesn't, it'll pretty much be a complete waste of time. So, you sort of have to gamble on whether or not it will when choosing to stick with it or not. But, undoubtedly this series will demand a lot of patience, just by its very nature. I just find the bewildered reactions weird, since it's not like there's a shortage of mystery anime. I'd have thought people would be somewhat used to the formula by now.
Old 2007-04-06, 01:31   Link #88
issei

Quote:

And, that's the key to this anime: if it manages to clear everything up and answer all questions, it'll end up a winner. If it fumbles with plot holes and leaves unanswered questions, it's a loser. But, this has potential. Like, serious potential. It could end up anywhere between epic beyond words and total piece of crap.
personally, i don't see the same potential that you do. i'm all for a challenge, but here, i don't see a challenge; i'm not intrigued by the gender-neutral protagonist, the hints at some kind of violent past, the schoolgirls-in-uniforms, and generally overly serious tone of the first episode. sure, there's mystery, but it's mystery delivered via "LOOK AT ME, THIS IS MYSTERIOUS" scenes, more akin to flashing neon signs than a compelling narrative.

anyway, i can still see the appeal, but like i said, it's not for me, so i'll be staying away from this thread in the future. i think it's unfair, however, to generalize that people who choose not to watch this series are doing so because they can't handle mystery or a challenging viewing experience.
Old 2007-04-06, 02:13   Link #89
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Final word: So, this is a sequel/spin-off to Moonlight Lady? Let me just say that, even to this day, I've yet to see a hentai that was hotter than Moonlight Lady. Really. The whole thing was just incredibly hot beyond words. I'd kill for more hentai with character designs and animation as good as that series'.
No, it is not a sequel/spin-off/whatever ...at least not one i would know of. The character designs look very similar to the ones in Moonlight Lady though, which was the first thing that made me remember that one. The second is the extremely large amount of mysteries thrown at you at the 1st ep where you have no idea what is going on (though i think i still managed to form a couple of theories and guesses about Moonlight Lady 1st ep, while this one left my brain fried, and it was so confusing that it made me feel that speculating is pointless ... i will agree on the animation part of ML - it was incredibly good.

But i just hope this doesn't end up like the ML ...as in - you want to know what is going on ? Then go and buy the game! bwahaha *cough* ...though one might say they wanted to make it as confusing for us as it was for the main female character, but i think that is giving them too much credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by issei
sure, there's mystery, but it's mystery delivered via "LOOK AT ME, THIS IS MYSTERIOUS" scenes, more akin to flashing neon signs than a compelling narrative.
This i can agree with to an extent. It felt like "in your face!" ... this certainly won't stop me watching though
Old 2007-04-06, 02:40   Link #90
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by issei View Post
sure, there's mystery, but it's mystery delivered via "LOOK AT ME, THIS IS MYSTERIOUS" scenes, more akin to flashing neon signs than a compelling narrative.
That is a fair enough complaint for the first episode, but it's something that I see only as a minor flaw. Obviously that's something that's totally subjective. In my opinion, it can do this for the entire series and still be a good series, provided it explains itself. That's the most important thing it has to do, in my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issei View Post
anyway, i can still see the appeal, but like i said, it's not for me, so i'll be staying away from this thread in the future. i think it's unfair, however, to generalize that people who choose not to watch this series are doing so because they can't handle mystery or a challenging viewing experience.
Fair enough, there are probably a fair number of people that drop it because of issues with the execution. I just think it's unfair to claim that the series is flawed when they don't understand the first episode, when the whole point of the first episode is to reveal close to nothing and set up the initial questions of the mystery. You're right, it is unfair of me to group the two together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
No, it is not a sequel/spin-off/whatever ...at least not one i would know of.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=7508
Old 2007-04-06, 04:53   Link #91
CrYsYs
殺害

This has probably been said over and over, but episode 1 was just too weird for me to understand. I mean sure it could have a sense of mystery in the first ep to make you go like "Whoa...wonder how that happened" but everything in the first ep went from one scene to a whole different scene with no transition. In my mind I often told myself "WTF IS GOING ON /WRISTS".

I'll stick around for one more ep and see if it can pull me in, because this first episode was just weird and not understandable at all.
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 05:15   Link #92
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
The genre reads romance, so I'm obviously interested.
If I remember correctly. Monir, you once said (or twice or more) that you were a big sucker for romance correct? Plus the anime confuses me. All those H-game to animes are always like that. (death, rebirth, more soap opera, death, ta da, repeat ^_^) [not exactly, but you know what i mean.]

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 12:32   Link #93
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Quote:

ut, undoubtedly this series will demand a lot of patience, just by its very nature. I just find the bewildered reactions weird, since it's not like there's a shortage of mystery anime. I'd have thought people would be somewhat used to the formula by now.
The problem is that there's no mistery for now.Just an incoherent assemblage of beautiful scenes,IMO.I didn't understand anything at all.I will be watching because I am curious but it was a badly done first ep.
Old 2007-04-06, 12:33   Link #94
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

This anime, or at least the game associated with it, was apparently originally going to be called "Moonlight Lady II", so I think it really is some kind of spin-off, but it doesn't appear to be a sequel.

As for the notion that this show is inferior because it "screams out" that it's mysterious, I'll just say that I'm a big fan of the films of David Lynch.

And to counteract the idea that this first episode is totally beyond comprehension, please take a look at the spoiler in this post, where I suggest some possibilities. The episode was definitely not an incoherent mess, just full of mysteries. It was not "badly done," in my opinion, just very complex and elliptical.
Spoiler for more possibilities:
And I'm in this for the romance, too, like Monir. That last scene gave me hope for something pretty good in that department.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-04-06 at 12:44.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 13:08   Link #95
Xellos-_^
Married

Just out of curiosity how many people here have seen Moonlight Lady I And how many have seen for it awesom animeamtion, artwork and music
Old 2007-04-06, 14:37   Link #96
Sheba
Night Battle Oh La La

I've seen Moonlight Lady, mostly because I love Carmelian design.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 14:54   Link #97
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
And the sex scenes freakin' ROCKED especially the yuri ones!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 15:05   Link #98
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
We all seen Moonlight lady for the artwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
And the sex scenes freakin' ROCKED especially the yuri ones!
what sex scene

I just notice on ANN's list of VA for Moonlight Lady that Itou Miki was the VA for Yuriko and is currently the VA for Yomiko. Form guess work Yomiko is Yuriko's daughter.

Does anyobne know if the Yuriko in Moonlight Lady is the same Yuriko in this Touka?

Also anyone know why there change in VA for the EP5 of Moonlight Lady for the main Female Character?
Old 2007-04-06, 15:56   Link #99
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Well i have seen Moonlight Lady and the Yuri scenes atleast 10 times i think. But i really dont remember the names so well. Who was Yuriko in moonlight lady??? the idol(or reporter) who is forced to sex and become a maid??? because the possesed hot mother in this series bears a lot of similarity with her
Old 2007-04-06, 16:39   Link #100
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

In Moonlight Lady, Yuriko (according to ja.Wikipedia) was the mother, but her name was Kuraki Yuriko, so it seems to be a different person. She basically ran the operation, since her husband the former head of the family was dead and the present head was ill. She was an ageless beauty. Some of the summaries say she "should have been dead." The Kuraki family had a similar huge estate and everyone on it was under some kind of spell (which involved constant sexual activity, this being hentai).
Spoiler for ep1 of Touka Gettan:
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, deen, mystery, orbit, romance, root, supernatural