AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 49 46.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 32.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-15, 18:10   Link #21
Kuon
Were you seeing a dream?

Wow a very entertaining episode, kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.
Old 2006-12-15, 18:37   Link #22
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Wow, now that was a plot twist i did not expect. Nicely done. So... Misa wants to be friends ... i bet Light will find a way to manipulate her if they ever get to talk/he doesn't kill her first.

One thing tho - how in the world does she know that Light does not have the shinigami eyes ? Messed up writing, or....?

L shows of his intelect again...and that move about not telling Light about the fact that he knows about second Kira is brilliant... this might cause some problems for Light.

Damn, this is getting really good....i soo want to see the next ep, but we get a god damn useless recap T.T
Old 2006-12-15, 19:08   Link #23
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Outstanding episode. The tension, the action, the drama, it all worked brilliantly. Absolutely riveting stuff, even though the same could be said of all this series, but I still think this was one of the more enthralling episodes. Obviously the more interesting stuff is to come, eg, what role Misa takes in this story and how she'll interact with Light and L (and how they'll interact with each other now that they're well... sorta allies).

I look forward to seeing how Hirano Aya will take to the role of Misa. The voice acting in Death Note has been superb so far and Hirano has been launched into the spotlight somewhat after her work in (and as) Suzumiya Haruhi. She does have quite a unique voice and an unusual ability to go from cute to not-so with only a very small change in tone.
Old 2006-12-15, 19:52   Link #24
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Wow, now that was a plot twist i did not expect. Nicely done. So... Misa wants to be friends ... i bet Light will find a way to manipulate her if they ever get to talk/he doesn't kill her first.

One thing tho - how in the world does she know that Light does not have the shinigami eyes ? Messed up writing, or....?

L shows of his intelect again...and that move about not telling Light about the fact that he knows about second Kira is brilliant... this might cause some problems for Light.

Damn, this is getting really good....i soo want to see the next ep, but we get a god damn useless recap T.T
Well she knows that Kire/Light has to see people and know their names in order to kill them. He refuses to get the eyes because he want to rule as a god as long as pissible. That's why L was a little confused when he was talking about Kira not needing someone name to kill them just their face. BUT DAMN...she messed everyone up bad, she's pretty gutsy and awesome...I LIKE HER!!
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
Old 2006-12-15, 20:37   Link #25
Spastic_Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Well she knows that Kire/Light has to see people and know their names in order to kill them. He refuses to get the eyes because he want to rule as a god as long as pissible. That's why L was a little confused when he was talking about Kira not needing someone name to kill them just their face. BUT DAMN...she messed everyone up bad, she's pretty gutsy and awesome...I LIKE HER!!
She doesn't look half bad either...
Old 2006-12-15, 20:52   Link #26
myopius

Good episode. Aya Hirano's voice sounds a bit stuck to me for some reason, but I overall enjoyed it pretty well. The new death god's voice was probably what I would have expected it to be. They really did a nice job making the next episode look good from the preview. And as has been said, too bad about the recap. =\
Old 2006-12-15, 22:32   Link #27
Sinanju
Koroshiya

I don't know, barely even found this episode interesting :P I felt like it was just drawn-out throughout the entire time, except for the last 5 minutes, ofcourse. My first time not giving a 9 or 10 to a death note episode. Maybe it's because I'm such a huge Light-fan though :P
Old 2006-12-15, 22:51   Link #28
CherryMartini

Red face

Misa's voice sounds so cute.
Old 2006-12-16, 01:42   Link #29
EfrainMan
Scourge of the Seven Seas

Having only before read the first volume and a later volume where Misa was already well enmeshed into the plot, I had no idea of how and when she was introduced. So when people started being
Spoiler for This episode.:
And then I had the giddiest nerdgasm I have ever had in my life. I'm glad no one else was home. OMG, MISA!
Old 2006-12-16, 01:49   Link #30
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Looks like Ryuk done started himself a FAD.

As a nonreader of the manga I find myself wondering whether Misa can hang with L and Light in the brains club or if she's more dependent on the additional layer of anonymity granted by the eyes.

I think I probably enjoyed this episode more than any since L got his act going in 2 and 3. I got all bummed out when Light killed Penbar and Naomi. Well, I'm assuming she's dead, but the continued absence of a body is starting to make me suspicious, even though Light provided for it. Power to deny fate or outside intervention plz. Inspector Yagami For Great Justice-ing that stupid TV station was great.
Old 2006-12-16, 06:09   Link #31
StrawHatLuffy
L Lawliet

Misa's voice was great. Not what I expected but sounds good. Reminds me of Chopper/Pkiachu's seiyuu.

Things are going to start heating up for the first part of the story.
Old 2006-12-16, 06:55   Link #32
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i was quite impressed to see how L managed to keep his cool though all this...i mean seeing people drop like flies in front of you and not being able to do anything ~ he must have been pissed yet the only sign of him breaking was him shaking his legs in anger...

man hes soo cool when it cam to the phone scene...i bet his left and right ears have a mind of their own XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-16, 08:34   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i was quite impressed to see how L managed to keep his cool though all this...
If someone was pointing a gun upto L, or maybe he knows he's about to be killed by Kira - you know for a fact he'd keep his cool. :3
Old 2006-12-16, 09:37   Link #34
Darashinai
R.Y.F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
man hes soo cool when it cam to the phone scene...i bet his left and right ears have a mind of their own XD
Haha, I liked that too.

I enjoyed Yagami's antics. That was sweet. When the detective - forgot his name - collapsed, I figured something was fishy. Not because Light hadn't revealed it before hand to us, but that with rules as they are, it would have been impossible. And then there was the random shot of a pair of binoculars...

As for Misa, she sounds/looks like she's graduated from Milky productions and I want her to die.

I'd be highly surprised if she's half as clever about things as Light is, but since she has the Eyes, I'm thinking not.

Well, it'll be interesting...
Old 2006-12-16, 11:24   Link #35
willem113
I wanna go peeping ^^

Send a message via MSN to willem113
It was a pretty good ep.
But i wonder why did this other shinigami let his deathnote fall in to human hands.

I dont think it is for his own amusment like Ryuk,
he seems to serious for that.

But i think that will be resolved in further episodes to come.

But the girl is a bit dumb she already did the Shinigami Eye deal,
and thus lost half of her life.
Old 2006-12-16, 12:17   Link #36
Neku
yare yare..

Quote:
Originally Posted by willem113 View Post
It was a pretty good ep.
But i wonder why did this other shinigami let his deathnote fall in to human hands.

I dont think it is for his own amusment like Ryuk,
he seems to serious for that.

But i think that will be resolved in further episodes to come.

But the girl is a bit dumb she already did the Shinigami Eye deal,
and thus lost half of her life.
Yep.. it's a pretty nice episode.. though I thought it was kinda short and it's kinda frustrating to hear that the next episode is gonna be a recap and they had to do it right after Misa's short appearance. /rant

Anyways.. the other Death God is a female and the reason Misa has the Death Note would be -if I'm not wrong- discovered at episode 13. It's a pretty good one.. imo and it also.. sort of explains why she accepted the eyes.
Old 2006-12-16, 12:37   Link #37
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author

Nice epi! I loved the background music in this!

Spoiler:

I will say the over dramatic ways they animated certain thing, like L with both the phones is quite amusing but I really like it, it adds to the overall feel of the anime

Also Rem's voice was perfect!!! and Hirano Aya is a great choice for Misa
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
Old 2006-12-16, 13:47   Link #38
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Looks like Ryuk done started himself a FAD.

As a nonreader of the manga I find myself wondering whether Misa can hang with L and Light in the brains club or if she's more dependent on the additional layer of anonymity granted by the eyes.

I think I probably enjoyed this episode more than any since L got his act going in 2 and 3. I got all bummed out when Light killed Penbar and Naomi. Well, I'm assuming she's dead, but the continued absence of a body is starting to make me suspicious, even though Light provided for it. Power to deny fate or outside intervention plz. Inspector Yagami For Great Justice-ing that stupid TV station was great.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-16, 14:02   Link #39
tsukari

this is getting better by every episode. i was on the edge of my seat all the time ^^ unbelivable!
and another character appeared, i was beginning to wonder when she would show up. well, she's got the eyes, so technically that makes her stronger.
and i wonder what's wrong with L, in the preview for the next episode something looked very, very wrong, same with yagami.
to bad i have to wait another week.
Old 2006-12-16, 14:52   Link #40
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I wonder if Misa will be intelligent like Light? It looks like she is pretty reckless, however she got god eyes.
Closed Thread