AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2006-12-15, 09:41   Link #1
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

[Manga] Chapter 256 discussion

Summary:

Infinite Slick

The chapter begins showing Renji continuing to run down the corridor being followed by Dondo. Dondo catches up to Renji and tackles him head first into the ground. Renji gets up and begins kicking him. Dondo replies that he couldn't help it as he became excited at suddenly feeling Nell's reiatsu. He also realizes that Pesh is now missing. Renji informs Dondo that Pesh was never with them. Dondo takes the comment too literally and asks Renji if he's saying that Pesh was in fact an illusion all along. Renji then calls him annoying

The scene switches to Ishida's battle with Chirucchi, who has apparently injured and worn down Ishida. Unknown to Ishida and Chirucchi, Pesh has been observing the battle from a small space hidden in the shadows. He regrets following Ishida, who appears to him to be the weakest looking of the trio. He thinks about aiding him, but doesn't know how he can help. However, he sticks around hoping he can get a glimpse of Chirucchi's panties. Just then, Chirucchi spots him and attacks with her yo-yo weapon. The attack sends Pesh flying out into the open, landing in front of a surprised Ishida.

Chirucchi calls Pesh a white ant and he gets offended, saying that he'd rather be called a beetle because they are black and look cool. Ishida reminds Pesh that he is in fact colored white, who retorts that Ishida is also white (meaning his clothes). Ishida argues that he has no problem being white. They are interrupted by Chirucchi who asks if the "white ant" is Ishida's friend. When Ishida says that they aren't friends, Pesh grows upset stating that he thought they were friends. Ishida yells at him explaining that he was claiming not be his friend so Chirucchi would stop attacking him. However, it's too late and Chirucchi begins attacking both of them

While running from Chirucchi, Ishida asks Pesh why he's even there in the first place. Pesh refers to Ishida by his last name "Uryuu" and says that he's looking for Nell who took off yelling after someone named "Ichigo". He then asks Ishida if he is this "Ichigo" person. Ishida is confused as how Pesh could remember his rightful name but completely forgotten about who Ichigo is. Ishida tells him that Ichigo is the spiky-haired shingami from earlier. Pesh has no idea what he's talking about. Meanwhile, Chirucchi's attacks are getting closer, Pesh stops and turns around telling Ishida that he will take care of the battle. Ishida objects, but Pesh tells him his special power: the ability to shoot a super slick liquid. As Ishida wonders what he could possibly do with such a useless ability, Pesh shoots liquid on the pillar that Chirucchi is standing on. The slick liquid causes her to slip and land face first onto the ground. Pesh starts laughing at her but Ishida says they should use the opportunity to escape. However, Chirucchi has already gotten to her feet and is enraged. She then reveals her arrancar number and full name: no.105 Chirucchi Thunderwitch. The chapter ends with Ishida and Pesh standing in front of Chirucchi in her released state.

Opinions:
Not much in action, but some of the best humor I've ever seen in Bleach. The Desert Bros. are starting to grow on me. Still no update on Rukia.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2006-12-15 at 10:05.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 09:54   Link #2
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-15, 11:02   Link #3
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi
Have you noticed Chiruchi is Bleach's first female antagonist .With Luppi turning out to be an It .. I second Pesh's Ecchiness Chiruchi is like Rawr
Was Luppi's gender ever confirmed? I can't remember, though I think it was stated to be male. Manga/anime always has androgynous characters that confuse everyone. As for Chirucchi, her design is really fetish which is kinda *meh* IMO. What I'm looking forward to seeing the female Espada in action. Wow, I think my geek rating just got raised a few notches.

Quote:
This ones funny , Kubo brings out the best chemistry in his chracters .

With the three desert Bros helping out Ich Ish and Ren That leaves Rukia and Chad alone . Chad is shown in combat still no update on Rukia is she or not she facing and opponent .
Yeah, the Desert Bros. are starting to remind me of the plushie dolls in the Bounto arc anime filler. They aren't particularly great for direct combat but still manage to be useful and have great interaction with the main characters. I orginally was hoping that the Hueco Mundo arc would take the manga in a much darker direction, but some of the comedy in this arc is great stuff.

Rukia I think (hope) will be confronted by Gin. They won't fight, Gin will just play some mind games with her because he scares the hell out of Rukia and he knows it. He might even give her some information or advice, but you can never know if it's trustworthy when it comes to Gin.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 11:18   Link #4
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-15, 13:39   Link #5
S_C_L-1

weird chapter... we have a female S/M arancar with bad makeup and an ant that spits out lube...

i hope they dont screw up the pacing for those jokes when they animate it tho... itll be GOLD
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 13:48   Link #6
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
weird chapter... we have a female S/M arancar with bad makeup and an ant that spits out lube...
I might add very Fashion Concious she makes digs at Ishida's attire last chptr btw her poses
Old 2006-12-15, 13:55   Link #7
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Spoiler:
If you're ruling out the shinigami, then Bleach has hardly had any antagonists at all, besides hollows. And the hollow Inoue fought way back when was female.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 14:01   Link #8
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
If you're ruling out the shinigami, then Bleach has hardly had any antagonists at all, besides hollows. And the hollow Inoue fought way back when was female.
Yeah I vividly remember that sequence concerning Tatsuki and Inoue but guess you can call Anatgonist technically but seeing the airtime that hollow had and her overall importance in Bleach Plot would be miniscule dont you think ? .

To me the only hollows I would deem fit to be addressed as an Anatgonist would be Grand Fischer and that Gillian Menos . In the truest sense the first female anatgonist was thought to be Luppi the first female arrancar . But due to controversy I call Luppi an it . So Chiruchi is the first female anatgonist thats how I felt it
Old 2006-12-15, 15:07   Link #9
Oberon

At first I wasn't all that hot on the inclusion of the Desert Bros. as sidekicks, but they ended up being highly entertainig. Their way of jumping to conclusions combined with overdramatic demeanor is just too funny. My favourites this time were Pesh asking Ishida whether he loves him, because Ishida remembered his full name and the "Pesh the Illusion!?" bit. I hope Chad's battle will end up equaly entertaining, even without a sidekick, but going by the afro his enemy seems to be sporting, I think that'll be a given. Another thought that crossed my mind concerning the Desert bros: Since they're still wearing full masks, I'd guess they're still "normal" hollows. I wonder whehter they'll get a chance to be arrancarized during the arc.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 17:24   Link #10
kagato3

Pesh might be an arrancar. we never get to see whats under the "eye patch" and he is strong enuff not to be completely wasted by the ladybug so who knows.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 18:11   Link #11
Sazelyt
F i n

Although Nell and her friends continue to be laughing objects, they seem to have interesting powers. I hope the third one with Renji also has some interesting powers. Although it is doubtful whether he can fully use that powers with his stupidity level beyond some very-well known persona's in the political arena and the entertainment industry.

For Ichigo's fight, his somehow understandable although not agreeable stubborn pride was preventing him to end his fight quickly, I wonder what is holding Ishida down? He should have beaten his opponent quickly with his speed and power.

Interestingly the people you expect having the most need in terms of additional support are being left unsupported. The three greatest powers among those five ended up with three arrancars, that has and will become useful in many ways. Does that mean Rukia and Chad's opponents will not be very powerful or do we have to take this as them having gained powers beyond our comprehension and they will show those power-ups against really powerful opponents? I hope the second case would be the right choice, against Espadas, they really need to show that they are up to their level.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 19:39   Link #12
ThoHell

Dang, with all that big talk Ishida does he's getting owned! He finally gets a chance to fight something close to an Espada......GOOD THING HELP SHOWED UP!

"I take pride in being white" LOL, man this chapter was great. That ant/beattle hollow is a pervert!
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 20:16   Link #13
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

HeH

Masculinity ranking is simply Hilarious Poor Ishida

Spoiler for Masculinity:
Old 2006-12-15, 20:56   Link #14
shenzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Masculinity ranking is simply Hilarious Poor Ishida

Spoiler for Masculinity:

AHAHAHA...lol, losing to Rukia...
shenzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 23:34   Link #15
S_C_L-1

the one I read was "ranking by strength"... but yeah, that is alot funnier XD

is it just me, or is the bleach writing going back to the way it was in the beginning?

I dunno... I miss the comedy... like the Ichigo VS Isshin segments...
Old 2006-12-16, 04:41   Link #16
Hir0

the comedy came back when nell, dondo and pesh came in lol

funny chapter : )

this chapter actually made me laugh out loud, funniest hollow ever lol

but y is ishida losing!!
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 05:18   Link #17
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i think ishida is losing because he's a nerdy teenage bboy who likes to sew and he's suddenly confronted by a buxom chick in an S&M outfit... no matter how much he's powered up, in the back of his mind he's distracted by naughty thoughts

is renji really more masculine that ichigo? how does that guy figure? renji has red/pink hair!

when Pesh squirted "lube" at a chick dressed in s&m who was playing with a yo-yo, i decided that kuba has some really strange fantasies lol
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 06:11   Link #18
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
i think ishida is losing because he's a nerdy teenage bboy who likes to sew and he's suddenly confronted by a buxom chick in an S&M outfit... no matter how much he's powered up, in the back of his mind he's distracted by naughty thoughts
thousands of Yaoi Fangirls would beg to differ

Quote:
is renji really more masculine that ichigo? how does that guy figure? renji has red/pink hair!
Ichigo can be a boys name as much as it can be a girls name can it not?... that might be the "tie-breaker"... THAT and the fact that he goes all wobbly as soon as rukia is involved... (but Pesh doesnt know about that...)

Quote:
when Pesh squirted "lube" at a chick dressed in s&m who was playing with a yo-yo, i decided that kuba has some really strange fantasies lol
Ya' think?

The main character having the hots for a dead chick aint wrong enough as it is?
Old 2006-12-16, 08:25   Link #19
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

Awesome chapter ^^ Pesh is amusing.
Hisago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 09:39   Link #20
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

3 Amigos or 3 Desert Bros Dondo Pesh Nell are the funniest charas in Bleach by far . In that Pesh is the most Hilarious esp Ishida and Pesh interaction