AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-01-22, 00:24   Link #81
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Spoiler for manga:
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 00:44   Link #82
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Can you prove that they were not planning a second season?
How about first proving that.
You are the one who claim there was plans for a second season. So it is your responsibility to provide the evidence, not for us to disprove you.

If you claim pigs can fly, you need to provide a flying pig, rather than asking us to check all the pigs in the world for the lack of aviation ability.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 02:42   Link #83
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Spoiler for manga:
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 15:41   Link #84
Souryu
nothing at all...
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 28
I can hardly believe somebody would want a 2nd season of hellsing anime when you see the manga and know that Ultimate will follow its story.

The thing is, the story of the anime is ruined to the point of no return, there's no way to clear that mess. The only thing they had to do was do a new series following the manga, and they are doing that.
Souryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 16:11   Link #85
kayos
RETIRED
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I haven't heard anything about a making of the second season. Actually they still can get back on track, at least with Ultimate. Cause at the end they showed us a glimpse of Millennium (Ultimate 2nd ep).
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 22:04   Link #86
PatPeter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souryu View Post
I can hardly believe somebody would want a 2nd season of hellsing anime when you see the manga and know that Ultimate will follow its story.

The thing is, the story of the anime is ruined to the point of no return, there's no way to clear that mess. The only thing they had to do was do a new series following the manga, and they are doing that.
OK, state every way that you think that the anime was ruined and then we'll talk.
PatPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 04:43   Link #87
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
OK, state every way that you think that the anime was ruined and then we'll talk.
1. The characterisation of Anderson as a kind man who runs an orphanage full of happy kids, and only goes psycho against non-humans, was removed. He is just a plain psycho in the TV anime.
Anderson can regenerate his wounds, but he had still not yet lost his humanity. He is still doing all these violent things because he believe it is for the sake of building a better tommorow. Not even his hatred for Alucard could change that; he has people he fight for.

2. Wild Geese mercenaries, skilled men who fight with courage even against impossible odds, was brushed over in the TV anime. The emphasis that there is strength within humanity, but only for those who earned it, was a core theme in the manga. Alucard and Victoria both respected worthy humans, because power is much more than just having supernatural abilities. (As Dracula witnessed first-hand in the original novel.)

3. The Nazis were removed. Seriously, if I can have Nazis in my Indiana Jones, I should be able to have Nazis in my anime. Unless you think it is only okay if it uses a Jewish Director?
The removal of the original antagonists means Gonzo was not able to create a replacement. At least, they didn't bother with a replacement. (The first promo trailer of Hellsing TV had the original manga antagonist leader. But they chickened out and never used him.)
The original enemies were a full cast of interesting individuals. They were like Alucard and Anderson; twisted, but wonderfully realised characters.

There are more, but these are the major ones that I can think of right now.

Is Hellsing TV watchable as an anime? Yeah, sure. But it is a horrible adaptation. What was enjoyable were all sourced from the manga, with little positive input from Gonzo's part. Each alteration Gonzo made brought nothing extra, but only serve to take away a piece of the Hellsing universe the author had built.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 08:11   Link #88
Mueti
あ!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Japan
Age: 26
Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souryu
The thing is, the story of the anime is ruined to the point of no return, there's no way to clear that mess. The only thing they had to do was do a new series following the manga, and they are doing that.
I don't know the manga, so the alterations of the adaption obviously didn't bother me. But the OVA they're making right now doesn't do anything better. It's much worse if you ask me and basically just sucks.
__________________
Mueti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 08:23   Link #89
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
I don't know the manga, so the alterations of the adaption obviously didn't bother me. But the OVA they're making right now doesn't do anything better. It's much worse if you ask me and basically just sucks.
I understand if you think it isn't any better, since there hasn't been major plot divergence from the TV series yet. But I fail to see why it could be much worse. After all, the animation quality has improved, and the plot remained essentially the same up to this point. What's much worse?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 08:45   Link #90
Mueti
あ!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Japan
Age: 26
Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
It was just action, action and blood until now. It feels like they cut down on plot even more. The atmosphere is different because of the faster (and imo less fitting) pace. Also the awesome soundtrack was replaced by a pretty standard score.
__________________
Mueti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 13:31   Link #91
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
I agree with Mueti that I don't like the OVA very much but it's because of Victoria...in the old series she was a rose stuck in a garden of snakes, now she is more of a depressed clown.
__________________
My Favorite Anime Quotes Courtesy of Answerman of ANN:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 15:23   Link #92
PatPeter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
I don't know the manga, so the alterations of the adaption obviously didn't bother me. But the OVA they're making right now doesn't do anything better. It's much worse if you ask me and basically just sucks.
THANK YOU!!! I'm trying to persuade everyone who randomly come into the thread, yell at me about it, and dont return while I continue trying to debate, I am not an adroit person, I cannot think when everyone is against me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You are the one who claim there was plans for a second season. So it is your responsibility to provide the evidence, not for us to disprove you.

If you claim pigs can fly, you need to provide a flying pig, rather than asking us to check all the pigs in the world for the lack of aviation ability.
In actuallity Old Geezer was the first to say that they had no plans for a second season, and I challenged him on it so neither side would be right, but quoting wikipedia:

[edit] Rumor?
Is this an eBay hoax or is there really a new 2ed series or bleated 2ed season of Hellsing going on in Japan right now?

No, it isn't a hoax. We've known about it since spring of last year, and the first episode came out in February '06. Schrödinger 05:24, 25 November 2006 (UTC)
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Hellsing_%28TV_series%29"

ALSO: There are a number of things I already stated that alude to a continuation (refer to the last page), such as in the theme song you see an entire courtyard of ghouls that they obviously were planning to but in (why else would it be in the intro???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
1. The characterisation of Anderson as a kind man who runs an orphanage full of happy kids, and only goes psycho against non-humans, was removed. He is just a plain psycho in the TV anime.
Anderson can regenerate his wounds, but he had still not yet lost his humanity. He is still doing all these violent things because he believe it is for the sake of building a better tommorow. Not even his hatred for Alucard could change that; he has people he fight for.

2. Wild Geese mercenaries, skilled men who fight with courage even against impossible odds, was brushed over in the TV anime. The emphasis that there is strength within humanity, but only for those who earned it, was a core theme in the manga. Alucard and Victoria both respected worthy humans, because power is much more than just having supernatural abilities. (As Dracula witnessed first-hand in the original novel.)

3. The Nazis were removed. Seriously, if I can have Nazis in my Indiana Jones, I should be able to have Nazis in my anime. Unless you think it is only okay if it uses a Jewish Director?
The removal of the original antagonists means Gonzo was not able to create a replacement. At least, they didn't bother with a replacement. (The first promo trailer of Hellsing TV had the original manga antagonist leader. But they chickened out and never used him.)
The original enemies were a full cast of interesting individuals. They were like Alucard and Anderson; twisted, but wonderfully realised characters.

There are more, but these are the major ones that I can think of right now.

Is Hellsing TV watchable as an anime? Yeah, sure. But it is a horrible adaptation. What was enjoyable were all sourced from the manga, with little positive input from Gonzo's part. Each alteration Gonzo made brought nothing extra, but only serve to take away a piece of the Hellsing universe the author had built.
1) What do you mean he is a pure psyhco? Well, if he is pure I guess he must go crazy on non-humans AND HUMANS!?!? Is that what you are getting at? Is it? Because I'm pretty sure it is.
Sure, he kills members of the Hellsing organization but there is not even a Hellsing organization in the OVA! What I mean by that is in the OVA you always see only Alucard and Seras going to the crime scene! Where is Furgusson!?!? HE IS one of my favorite characters and they killed him!

2) I have to quote RvB to answer your question:
"What the h2|| are yuo babbling about?"
Seriously you give NO examples thus NO evidence, for all I know you could be making that up.

3) I'm pretty sure they would put the nazis in the second season but can you link to a site with the trailer? I would really like to see that.

4) Gonzo brought plenty extra, the music, the destruction of the original who brought the chips, better building of the character's personality, the OVA has NONE of that. Why? Because it is horrible.

I have to stand this out as I am a musician: THE MUSIC IN HELLSING OWNS ALL!!! The peices are amazing, especially if you are astually a musician you would truely understand how well the music fits into the peice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I understand if you think it isn't any better, since there hasn't been major plot divergence from the TV series yet. But I fail to see why it could be much worse. After all, the animation quality has improved, and the plot remained essentially the same up to this point. What's much worse?
No, no no no no no nono no no no NO!
Alright time to start paying attention to detail:
A) Victoria's character doesn't evole, or change in the least, in the anime she is struggling on her way to become a Draculina, in the OVA they destroy her character, making her just an ordinary bloodsucker, she does not act like Alucard in the least when it comes to being a true honorable vampire, Alucard doesn't drink all the blood he can on missions while Seras goes crazy!
IMPORTANT: In the OVA Seras is no better than one of those chipped freaks and takes on the resemblence of Bonnid and Clyde in Anime Episode 2 (who by the way look like a father and daughter in the OVA, plus the awesome as h3|| music is not in the background.

B) 1) The animation is better, true BUT
2) THE ART IS HORRIBLE! I mean part of this is my opinion (keep in mind I am treating the art and animation differently because they are) but the ghouls shead blood, but they can't shead blood BECAUSE THE VAMPIRE DRINKS IT ALL. Seras starts using faces like ^_^ that completely destroy the seriousness of the anime. And Alucard's bullets dont drill into a person, they are explosive rounds (look at how he kills Clyde, its pathetic)

C) The vampire and Alucard face in a feild, a random random stupid random feild. There's no Alucard crucifying the vampire with his bullet and

SERAS SCREAMS BEFORE ALUCARD SUCKS HER BLOOD! WHAT THE H3|| IS THAT!?!
Seriously she made the choise herself and that screaming just demeans them both.

Last edited by PatPeter; 2007-02-02 at 16:14. Reason: Forgot Multiquote
PatPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 17:18   Link #93
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
It was just action, action and blood until now. It feels like they cut down on plot even more. The atmosphere is different because of the faster (and imo less fitting) pace. Also the awesome soundtrack was replaced by a pretty standard score.
Oh, you mean the plot with Victoria's life as a vampire? That's made up by Gonzo. Victoria's real background as a human was a bit more complicated originally in the manga and as such, she adapted to the ways of darkness far more smoothly.

Just as humanity is portrayed with potential for great strength and courage, the reverse is also true; acts of great evil are not exclusive realms of supernatural beings. Some humans had once greatly scarred Victoria, and that part would be animated soon enough.

Oh, another thing, Victoria's character development is linked with the leader of the Wild Geese mercenaries. Since the man arrived in the ending credits of episode 2, that is coming right up.

There are character developments. It's just that they are not the same ones Gonzo had, because the story is taking a different path. For example, you will see in episode 3 how Alucard view humans who doesn't measure up to his standards of humanity.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 19:21   Link #94
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
In actuallity Old Geezer was the first to say that they had no plans for a second season, and I challenged him on it so neither side would be right, but quoting wikipedia:
I missed your question sorry.
So yeah there was no plan for a 2nd season for a very simple reason already adressed in this thread : the mangaka was very unhappy about the changes that Gonzo had done in the storyline, hence why now the OAV is handled by a different compagny and will follow the exact same storyline than the manga this time.

I'm not gonna resume the discussion about the fact that the anime lost its track half way to the end because obviously you disagree and don't want to hear it.
I will even agree on one thing : the OST of the series was much better than the current OAV's.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 20:12   Link #95
Hey_dude
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
I have a question about the song feature in the last episode of the supposed first season (Episode 13) in the last 5 minutes.

Does anyone know what it is called? It's a cool song.
Hey_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 21:30   Link #96
PatPeter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I missed your question sorry.
So yeah there was no plan for a 2nd season for a very simple reason already adressed in this thread : the mangaka was very unhappy about the changes that Gonzo had done in the storyline, hence why now the OAV is handled by a different compagny and will follow the exact same storyline than the manga this time.

I'm not gonna resume the discussion about the fact that the anime lost its track half way to the end because obviously you disagree and don't want to hear it.
I will even agree on one thing : the OST of the series was much better than the current OAV's.
A) Can you prove that Mangaka was unhappy about it? Maybe an article of some sort?
B) No, please continue the discussion, because I DO want to hear it and because if you don't you are telling me that I was right that the anime did not lose its track half-way, as it didn't.
C) Thank you for agreeing with me about the music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_dude View Post
I have a question about the song feature in the last episode of the supposed first season (Episode 13) in the last 5 minutes.

Does anyone know what it is called? It's a cool song.
Is it in English or Japanese? If it is English then it is called Shine most likely, I have the episodes but the torrent provider cut the intro and credits off every episode except the first (which annoyed me) so I will try to help you out more to my extent.
PatPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 22:10   Link #97
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
A) Can you prove that Mangaka was unhappy about it? Maybe an article of some sort?
Culturally, the Japanese like to keep personal disagreements behind close doors, so it is hard to get direct confirmation.

http://animenation.net/news/askjohn.php?id=846
Quote:
And Gonzo Studios president Shouji Murahama has stated that it is Hellsing creator Kouta Hirano that is delaying production of more Hellsing animation. The two common rumors are that Hirano was not pleased with the first Hellsing anime TV series and therefore doesn't want a second series made; and that Hirano simply wants to publish more of his Hellsing manga before agreeing to allow the production of more Hellsing animation.
And from an interview with Shoji Murahama:
http://www.animeondvd.com/conitem.php?item=189
Quote:
Q) Will there be a sequel to Hellsing?
A) Murahama said he would like to make one, but it might be hard to.


Quote:
B) No, please continue the discussion, because I DO want to hear it and because if you don't you are telling me that I was right that the anime did not lose its track half-way, as it didn't.
...That has got to be the second most childish thing I have ever heard.

The TV anime lost its track because according to the original trailer released, the final boss was not Incognito and never meant to be. Go check the trailer yourself; it contained footage involving the incident of Alucard visiting South America to investigate the possibility of post-war Nazis based their operations there. This is due to happen in the 3rd Hellsing OVA, but Gonzo obviously chickened out and scampered away from anything controversial and thus, lost track for their TV version.
Instead of going to South America after the last Valentine brother told them the key word "millennium", Gonzo has Alucard stuck with killing thugs and petty murderers. The track was the manga version, as the original trailer showed; since the TV no longer followed the manga, it was off track. Q.E.D.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 23:53   Link #98
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
OK,
A) Prove that this IMAGINARY trailer exists that no one bothers to post a link to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FHSUdZ3w6s

2:28 is from the South American trip that Gonzo dropped for some unknown reason despite how delightfully sadistic it was. The Major's clapping at the end. It's an extra on the DVD so I've seen it dozens of times.

Damn I can't wait until they animate the slaughter Alucard commits in Ultimate 3

Last edited by Royal_Devil; 2007-02-04 at 00:29.
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 01:31   Link #99
I Like Shinny!
Me love you long time
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FHSUdZ3w6s

2:28 is from the South American trip that Gonzo dropped for some unknown reason despite how delightfully sadistic it was. The Major's clapping at the end. It's an extra on the DVD so I've seen it dozens of times.

Damn I can't wait until they animate the slaughter Alucard commits in Ultimate 3
That has to be one of the best trailers I have ever seen in my life.

Gonzo has an awesome animation studio, but their writing sucks and Hellsing TV just proves it. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Incognito.

I am not trying to diss the series since I would have never become a fan of Hellsing without it.
I Like Shinny! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 18:42   Link #100
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 26
If I'm not mistaken, that phone call at the beggining and Integra's orders to Alucard were also in the manga but never put in the TV series
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, gonzo, horror

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.