AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-02-05, 22:45   Link #101
Hey_dude
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
Is it in English or Japanese? If it is English then it is called Shine most likely, I have the episodes but the torrent provider cut the intro and credits off every episode except the first (which annoyed me) so I will try to help you out more to my extent.
The song is Japanese, It played a little before the end theme though, at about 19:30 through Episode 13. The song started just after Incognito was finished off. After the song, Alucard walked in on Integral and asked for his orders.
Hey_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 18:40   Link #102
Hey_dude
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Call it off, Call off the search, the song is called "Secret Karma Serenade"
__________________
Hey_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 21:37   Link #103
Souryu
nothing at all...
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 28
The thing is, people are judging the OVAs for the part that is identical to the anime. OVA 3 is where everything changes. You are comparing a whole series of development with two fricking OVAs. And even then, the development of the anime was subpar.

1 - Wild Geese was introduced to.... well... disappear like fog. They didn't even appear as cannon fodder for bad guys, they were just scrapped from the whole story!

2 - Seras's dilemma. We see her going to a vampire mambo jambo to get some advice... None taken. Then we see her dreaming with a guy she didn't even knew. She fought with him, won and.... bam, no development.

In the manga, however, we see a more struggling Seras, thinking and having doubts about being a vampire. And we see a clear development in her character after knowing her past, the ties with the Wild Geese and the whole chaos that comes at some point at the manga.

3 - Walter. Another one that showed how awesome he was just to be thrown away. In the manga, Walter becomes one major character at some point.

4 - Enemies. WHO THE HELL IS INCOGNITO? A crazy... thing that wants to destroy the world... well, because he wants. Such a generic bad guy, geez.

5 - Alucard. Main point here. In the anime we have seen little development on his character (he's just a cool, cocky vampire, while in the manga we see an Alucard completely insane, that shows respect to mankind, and even envy, but his vision of humanity is quite different than normal) and, of course, his powers.

What Alucard did in the anime that was incredible after the invasion of Hellsing? Melting a gun and shooting a lance through it? Wow.

In the manga, however, we see why Alucard is the uber vampire everyone talks about.

Now, the only thing i think the anime is superior than the OVA is music. The anime soundtrack was something astounding, whereas the OVA has those musics you will never remember LoL.

It's like i said. Hellsing anime had the feeling something was missing. After you read the manga, you see that it wasn't a tiny little hole, it was a crater the size of australia. Only people that haven't read the manga will say that the anime is better.

And for the people saying that the anime is better than the OVA... well, watch the Ep. 01-02 and 03-04 together and compare to the OVA counterpart. IT'S THE SAME, HOW THE HELL CAN IT BE BETTER OR WORSE?

And wait for OVA 03.
Souryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 21:49   Link #104
PatPeter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Hey everyone, I'm back after getting banned for quoting Hellsing, yes, quoting Hellsing, on a Hellsing TV Series thread, if you dont know the anime dont waste my time.

I do not know what everyone is talking about now, I'll read some of the posts, but I remember last time factually proving that Hellsing anime is better than the OVA, much much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souryu View Post
The thing is, people are judging the OVAs for the part that is identical to the anime. OVA 3 is where everything changes. You are comparing a whole series of development with two fricking OVAs. And even then, the development of the anime was subpar.

1 - Wild Geese was introduced to.... well... disappear like fog. They didn't even appear as cannon fodder for bad guys, they were just scrapped from the whole story!

2 - Seras's dilemma. We see her going to a vampire mambo jambo to get some advice... None taken. Then we see her dreaming with a guy she didn't even knew. She fought with him, won and.... bam, no development.

In the manga, however, we see a more struggling Seras, thinking and having doubts about being a vampire. And we see a clear development in her character after knowing her past, the ties with the Wild Geese and the whole chaos that comes at some point at the manga.

3 - Walter. Another one that showed how awesome he was just to be thrown away. In the manga, Walter becomes one major character at some point.

4 - Enemies. WHO THE HELL IS INCOGNITO? A crazy... thing that wants to destroy the world... well, because he wants. Such a generic bad guy, geez.

5 - Alucard. Main point here. In the anime we have seen little development on his character (he's just a cool, cocky vampire, while in the manga we see an Alucard completely insane, that shows respect to mankind, and even envy, but his vision of humanity is quite different than normal) and, of course, his powers.

What Alucard did in the anime that was incredible after the invasion of Hellsing? Melting a gun and shooting a lance through it? Wow.

In the manga, however, we see why Alucard is the uber vampire everyone talks about.

Now, the only thing i think the anime is superior than the OVA is music. The anime soundtrack was something astounding, whereas the OVA has those musics you will never remember LoL.

It's like i said. Hellsing anime had the feeling something was missing. After you read the manga, you see that it wasn't a tiny little hole, it was a crater the size of australia. Only people that haven't read the manga will say that the anime is better.

And for the people saying that the anime is better than the OVA... well, watch the Ep. 01-02 and 03-04 together and compare to the OVA counterpart. IT'S THE SAME, HOW THE HELL CAN IT BE BETTER OR WORSE?

And wait for OVA 03.

Identical to the anime?!? What?!? Sure there are slight similarities in the plot at the basis but still the anime is so much better.

Replies to bullet points:
1) Dont know what you are talking about
2) At least Seras is actually a person in the Anime, in the OVA she becomes and vampire and BAM! she wants to kill everything in sight, she has no character at all.
3) Wow, I read Walter joins the Nazis in
4) OK this is important:
a.-Throughout the entire anime Alucard complains about fighting "pretenders and frauds" so knowing that they would be cancelled Gonzo had to create what they thought would be a killer ending by pitting Alucard against someone from the Dark Continent
b.-Does anyone summon a demon from Hell in the OVA?
5) Not really there is some character development, Alucard does express things like "giving up is what kills you"

Misc

6) If you do not understand the significance of shooting a lance from his broken gun (he didn't melt it Incognito shot it off in their first battle, duh [lol])
7) (Now, the only thing i think the anime is superior than the OVA is music. The anime soundtrack was something astounding, whereas the OVA has those musics you will never remember LoL.) LOL I JUST BOUGHT BOTH SOUNDTRACKS AND GOT THEM TODAY STRAIGHT FROM JAPAN!!!
8) Hellsing anime was missing something, like a crater, please do tell more.
9) It...is...hardly...the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_dude View Post
Call it off, Call off the search, the song is called "Secret Karma Serenade"
WAH! You didn't let me use my new albums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
If I'm not mistaken, that phone call at the beggining and Integra's orders to Alucard were also in the manga but never put in the TV series
Gonzo had a low budget and had to bleap a bunch of stuff, seriously they spend as little money as possible on their anime.

Like I just watched the four episodes of Blue Sub. No. 6, look, that could have been an AMAZING anime, but they just put no effort into these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I missed your question sorry.
So yeah there was no plan for a 2nd season for a very simple reason already adressed in this thread : the mangaka was very unhappy about the changes that Gonzo had done in the storyline, hence why now the OAV is handled by a different compagny and will follow the exact same storyline than the manga this time.

I'm not gonna resume the discussion about the fact that the anime lost its track half way to the end because obviously you disagree and don't want to hear it.
I will even agree on one thing : the OST of the series was much better than the current OAV's.
So what is the company currently running the OVA?

And it is not that I do not want to hear what you have to say about Hellsing, it is just that I have disproved everything throw at me (except for a couple things I am getting to dont go awall on me),

I will quote Hellsing in a different way than what got me blocked: "giving up is what kills people."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Culturally, the Japanese like to keep personal disagreements behind close doors, so it is hard to get direct confirmation.

http://animenation.net/news/askjohn.php?id=846


And from an interview with Shoji Murahama:
http://www.animeondvd.com/conitem.php?item=189





...That has got to be the second most childish thing I have ever heard.

The TV anime lost its track because according to the original trailer released, the final boss was not Incognito and never meant to be. Go check the trailer yourself; it contained footage involving the incident of Alucard visiting South America to investigate the possibility of post-war Nazis based their operations there. This is due to happen in the 3rd Hellsing OVA, but Gonzo obviously chickened out and scampered away from anything controversial and thus, lost track for their TV version.
Instead of going to South America after the last Valentine brother told them the key word "millennium", Gonzo has Alucard stuck with killing thugs and petty murderers. The track was the manga version, as the original trailer showed; since the TV no longer followed the manga, it was off track. Q.E.D.
Sorry about sounding childish, I had had a long day, tongue was tied.

I think it wasn't that Gonzo chickened out but rather didn't have money, all their animes are like that.

Last edited by monir; 2007-04-22 at 21:41. Reason: use the DARN "edit" button instead of multiple posting, as in 6 times in a row!
PatPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 05:57   Link #105
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
Sorry about sounding childish, I had had a long day, tongue was tied.

I think it wasn't that Gonzo chickened out but rather didn't have money, all their animes are like that.
What does lack of money had to do with the script changes?

If this was a live-action series, then you can save money by staying in London rather than flying actors to South America for the video-shoot. The only thing that would save money in animation is to decrease animation quality by hiring cheap foreign labour and to decrease frames, neither would have anything to do with changing the script.

EDIT: Oh, have you seen OVA3 yet?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 09:00   Link #106
FireChick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
My dad has three T-shirts (one he lost) and the whole DVD set of this series.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 12:37   Link #107
PatPeter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
My dad has three T-shirts (one he lost) and the whole DVD set of this series.
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
What does lack of money had to do with the script changes?

If this was a live-action series, then you can save money by staying in London rather than flying actors to South America for the video-shoot. The only thing that would save money in animation is to decrease animation quality by hiring cheap foreign labour and to decrease frames, neither would have anything to do with changing the script.

EDIT: Oh, have you seen OVA3 yet?
Ok, look at it this way. Every episode they make costs so and so amount of money. Somewhere along the line they found that they would have to cut the series short, now I have read that if there hadn't been a script change then it would have been a cliffhanger at ep 13.

For the manga readers: Where would you estimate the season ending if they hadn't changed the script.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-04-23 at 16:34. Reason: Do not double post
PatPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 17:06   Link #108
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ok, look at it this way. Every episode they make costs so and so amount of money. Somewhere along the line they found that they would have to cut the series short, now I have read that if there hadn't been a script change then it would have been a cliffhanger at ep 13.

For the manga readers: Where would you estimate the season ending if they hadn't changed the script.
Actually, no.

One thing Gonzo can't do is to cut the episode length. They have bought the timeslot from the TV station already by the time the airing is decided, and will just waste money if they cut back. And there is also the issue of contract obligations...

Episode lengths are NOT that fluid. It is simply not an option to cut the episodes short. As for cliffhangers, the manga has Alcuard fighting progressively stronger enemies. The death of any one of these major vampires would have been a good ending for the series. The changes were too drastic for merely episode length edits; quite simply, all references to Nazis were taken out because Gonzo don't want to go there, but to make a good Hellsing show you had to go there.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 12:43   Link #109
PatPeter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Actually, no.

One thing Gonzo can't do is to cut the episode length. They have bought the timeslot from the TV station already by the time the airing is decided, and will just waste money if they cut back. And there is also the issue of contract obligations...

Episode lengths are NOT that fluid. It is simply not an option to cut the episodes short. As for cliffhangers, the manga has Alcuard fighting progressively stronger enemies. The death of any one of these major vampires would have been a good ending for the series. The changes were too drastic for merely episode length edits; quite simply, all references to Nazis were taken out because Gonzo don't want to go there, but to make a good Hellsing show you had to go there.
What if they only had enough budget to buy a small timeslot? And what station did Hellsing originally air on?
PatPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 17:14   Link #110
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
What if they only had enough budget to buy a small timeslot? And what station did Hellsing originally air on?
If that's all they could buy, then that means they know way ahead of time that that it's all the episodes they could get. Thus it wasn't a surprise at all, and will not warrant any changes. And as I said, how does that have to do with not following the plot they had in mind with the pilot trailer? There is no reason why the Nazis can't be in it.

They changed the plot because they wanted to, not because they had to. Such is the case about how some studios have no respect for the author's input. That's why Ultimate is being made.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 20:50   Link #111
PatPeter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
If that's all they could buy, then that means they know way ahead of time that that it's all the episodes they could get. Thus it wasn't a surprise at all, and will not warrant any changes. And as I said, how does that have to do with not following the plot they had in mind with the pilot trailer? There is no reason why the Nazis can't be in it.

They changed the plot because they wanted to, not because they had to. Such is the case about how some studios have no respect for the author's input. That's why Ultimate is being made.
Well where in 13 episodes of the anime would it have ended if it had gone straight by the manga? Would the Nazis have appeared?

And what if they had premired the anime on a network with a number of Jewish Executive Officers?
PatPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 21:14   Link #112
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
Well where in 13 episodes of the anime would it have ended if it had gone straight by the manga? Would the Nazis have appeared?

And what if they had premired the anime on a network with a number of Jewish Executive Officers?
First, I am sure Jewish executives won't mind portrayal of Nazis as blood-sucking psychos hell bent on the apocalypse. If it is good enough for Indiana Jones, it is good enough for Hellsing.

Second, if they went for the manga plot they could easily have gone as far as Dandy Man, if not all the way to the battle on the Aircraft Carrier. Conclusion via the death of any of the Nazi "sub-bosses" would have been just as good if not better than what Gonzo went with in the end.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 11:14   Link #113
PatPeter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
First, I am sure Jewish executives won't mind portrayal of Nazis as blood-sucking psychos hell bent on the apocalypse. If it is good enough for Indiana Jones, it is good enough for Hellsing.

Second, if they went for the manga plot they could easily have gone as far as Dandy Man, if not all the way to the battle on the Aircraft Carrier. Conclusion via the death of any of the Nazi "sub-bosses" would have been just as good if not better than what Gonzo went with in the end.
Yeah the Jewish executives was just an extreme example. Do they ever talk about the original vampire used in the creation of the chips in the manga?
PatPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 11:26   Link #114
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
Do they ever talk about the original vampire used in the creation of the chips in the manga?
Say what??? And your questions are started to read ridiculous more and more in each of your recent post. Why don't you just a do a bit of research by yourself? Start with google and then, read on.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 21:39   Link #115
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
Yeah the Jewish executives was just an extreme example. Do they ever talk about the original vampire used in the creation of the chips in the manga?
I believe Hellsing: The Dawn covers the origins of Millenium's vampire project.
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 21:58   Link #116
PatPeter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Say what??? And your questions are started to read ridiculous more and more in each of your recent post. Why don't you just a do a bit of research by yourself? Start with google and then, read on.
Wow for a moderator that is pretty harsh monir. Could I ask you what the point of threads, and posts, and hell maybe even message forums are? They are meant for peers to discuss their stance on common grounds. I haven't read the manga, so I am asking for estimates from my peers and collaborating on what the problems with the anime were. The Jewish executive thing, that was an extreme view, it is what you do if you want to convey a point easily with a non-realistic example. People have troble excepting Incognito, but I say would it not have been just as important in the ceasing of the production of the Freak Chips?
PatPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 22:26   Link #117
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
Wow for a moderator that is pretty harsh monir. Could I ask you what the point of threads, and posts, and hell maybe even message forums are? They are meant for peers to discuss their stance on common grounds. I haven't read the manga, so I am asking for estimates from my peers and collaborating on what the problems with the anime were. The Jewish executive thing, that was an extreme view, it is what you do if you want to convey a point easily with a non-realistic example. People have troble excepting Incognito, but I say would it not have been just as important in the ceasing of the production of the Freak Chips?
The Freak chips were a GONZO creation. It has nothing to do with the manga, as the chip was merely used as a means of keeping track of where each of them are at any time. Further, Incognito's appearance explained nothing; he is just a generic powerful vampire, no information on the chips were explained.
Thus it would be much better to just stick to the manga script and make either Dandyman or one of the "Werewolf Brigade" members the last fight opponent instead.

What was your point then, in using an extreme example? The extreme example made no sense, thus it failed at convey anything to me. It isn't the first time that a story built itself around the Nazi's fascination and research concerning the occult, as Indiana Jones showed a few times. Gonzo backpedaled in its treatment of the Hellsing script, knowing that it was going against the author's wishes and what was previously advertised in the preview.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 00:26   Link #118
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
Wow for a moderator that is pretty harsh monir. Could I ask you what the point of threads, and posts, and hell maybe even message forums are? They are meant for peers to discuss their stance on common grounds. I haven't read the manga, so I am asking for estimates from my peers and collaborating on what the problems with the anime were. The Jewish executive thing, that was an extreme view, it is what you do if you want to convey a point easily with a non-realistic example. People have troble excepting Incognito, but I say would it not have been just as important in the ceasing of the production of the Freak Chips?
The problem that I have with your posts as a passive reader (not as a moderator) is that how little you know about the TV series in regards to its production and other related tid-bits. You insist on a discussion where your prime objective seems to be nothing but to prove the TV series was fine in regards to its story telling. And yet you have failed to provide a single legitimate argument to support your view. You never were in the common ground with your peers due to your lack of knowledge in this matter. The question that you have posed so far, and the observation you have made only seem to corroborate that particular assumption. Arguing with someone who doesn't know much to begin with isn't fun.

I'm also surprised by how patiently a few particular poster is indulging you with an argument while you continually posing asinine question which have anything but to do with your original point, that there is nothing wrong with the storyline of the TV series. I find it disrespectful in your part because it seems you are summarily ignoring all the counter arguments that have been presented to you so far, and a bit annoyed at your insistence on continuing on this course of discussion when you have nothing to add to the particular point you are trying to highlight.

P.S. I haven't read the manga either, but I've come to admit after watching the 3 episodes from the OVA that the storyline is much richer in the Hellsing: Ultimate than the TV series. Alucard is demonstrating personality variation in this OVA series which is a complete contrast to his one dimensional role in the TV series. As a result, Alucard is a much better character. Admittedly, Gonzo's TV series still holds the edge over the music and the style of presentation compared to the OVA series.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 11:21   Link #119
PatPeter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The Freak chips were a GONZO creation. It has nothing to do with the manga, as the chip was merely used as a means of keeping track of where each of them are at any time. Further, Incognito's appearance explained nothing; he is just a generic powerful vampire, no information on the chips were explained.
Thus it would be much better to just stick to the manga script and make either Dandyman or one of the "Werewolf Brigade" members the last fight opponent instead.

What was your point then, in using an extreme example? The extreme example made no sense, thus it failed at convey anything to me. It isn't the first time that a story built itself around the Nazi's fascination and research concerning the occult, as Indiana Jones showed a few times. Gonzo backpedaled in its treatment of the Hellsing script, knowing that it was going against the author's wishes and what was previously advertised in the preview.
I was just trying to say that it is a possibility that some stations might have rejected Hellsing with Nazis in it that Gonzo cut them out because of that, I was just throwing that out there as a possibility. What was the original station Hellsing aired on?

Did you catch that Incognito was the vampire that the Freak Chips were coming from, and that after killing him Gonzo would have probably sent them to face the Nazis second season and tie it into the freak chip?

This is a good example. Think of a movie trilogy. Ever notice that if it is not meant to be a trilogy (i.e. Star Wars, LotR) then the first movie is usually very different from the last two in terms of plot? Like PotC Curse of the Black Pearl doesn't talk a lot about Jones' deal with Jack or close to anything that happens in the last two movies. This is because they did not know how much of a sucess the first movie would be, but after finding out they planned the trilogy.

Now think of this like Hellsing. Do you think that Gonzo knew people would love the anime? That they wanted to gain fans before putting in the Nazis? That they didn't want to turn people off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
The problem that I have with your posts as a passive reader (not as a moderator) is that how little you know about the TV series in regards to its production and other related tid-bits. You insist on a discussion where your prime objective seems to be nothing but to prove the TV series was fine in regards to its story telling. And yet you have failed to provide a single legitimate argument to support your view. You never were in the common ground with your peers due to your lack of knowledge in this matter. The question that you have posed so far, and the observation you have made only seem to corroborate that particular assumption. Arguing with someone who doesn't know much to begin with isn't fun.

I'm also surprised by how patiently a few particular poster is indulging you with an argument while you continually posing asinine question which have anything but to do with your original point, that there is nothing wrong with the storyline of the TV series. I find it disrespectful in your part because it seems you are summarily ignoring all the counter arguments that have been presented to you so far, and a bit annoyed at your insistence on continuing on this course of discussion when you have nothing to add to the particular point you are trying to highlight.

P.S. I haven't read the manga either, but I've come to admit after watching the 3 episodes from the OVA that the storyline is much richer in the Hellsing: Ultimate than the TV series. Alucard is demonstrating personality variation in this OVA series which is a complete contrast to his one dimensional role in the TV series. As a result, Alucard is a much better character. Admittedly, Gonzo's TV series still holds the edge over the music and the style of presentation compared to the OVA series.
Have you not read any of my other posts on this thread? I have already stated my views on the Anime and such a legitimate argument, but sometimes telling someone your side isn't enough, because they don't understand, so I began to question others to get a feel for what their thoughts are not because I have a lack of knowledge. So arguing with me is plenty fun, if you know enough about arguing to know why I ask such questions, it almost seems as though you have a lack of knowledge of arguing.

I have not put this argument about the status of the TV series away but am rather approching it from another angle. Am I talking about some random facts about the manga and OVA or am I trying to understand others opinions on the faults on the anime, and comparing the anime to the OVA and manga? The OVA is the competitor with the Anime so it only makes sense to bring it up in discussion

If you do not think that I am arguing my point then you come up with a topic for this thread, next post don't only reply to me but make a new topic for debate, I have gotten the jist of others stikes against the anime but I could get back to arguing that the plot of Hellsing Anime was wholesome, that the freak chips didn't have Incognito for them to make them anymore and that they only needed to find the person responsible for making them to tie that up, before making another exploration into the case of the Nazis.
PatPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 23:19   Link #120
jamieoz
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: australia
Age: 24
hellsing help

hey im a long time lover of hellsing. ive recently been searching to see if there is a second series. i came across this forum. and read all this stuff about OVA and GONZO and stuff like that. could someone explain all this stuff.

ive only seen i think the anime series. i have the 4 disc series on dvd. if this ova is another series of it or something could i please be shown where to download it.

thanks heaps




jamieoz
jamieoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, gonzo, horror

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.