AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-09, 22:46   Link #301
hoang24

I just finished watching the first episode. The story I think is great and That Hei guy is like a undercover assasin (to me). This anime;s plot is a little different from the ones I watched.
Old 2007-04-09, 22:48   Link #302
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

It looks interesting. Hei is a bit creepy. He's like this dork at one moment, creepy scary person the next.

...I like it!
Old 2007-04-09, 22:52   Link #303
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Yes, I am silly.
I concur.

Ah! Shouldn't have given into the temptation. Should have waited until the 2nd episode aired. I should have known from past experience of Bones watching ( ) that waiting until two episodes have aired should be the sensible thing to do before jumping into the wagon. Oh, how I suffer! Now that I think about it, could it be that I'm just as silly as 7th?

When will episode 2 air? Are we there yet? and so on...
Old 2007-04-09, 23:33   Link #304
Triker

I've just finished episode 1. I like Hei. He is so cool with assassin personality. With the other personality, he is cute. ^__^ Yin is cute too.

I have some thing that I don't quite understand. What is a doll? I watched the entire episode and I still have no clue about it.
Old 2007-04-09, 23:42   Link #305
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
DtB's first episode is a perfect example of Italo Calvino's literary theories in Six Memos for the Next Millennium...
Very interesting. I don't think that is silly. I thought it was a pretty cool post!
Old 2007-04-10, 01:47   Link #306
PreSage
Eureka!

That was a rather interesting and relatively fast first episode. My favourite scene has to be Hei fixing the television set . I just love his faux innocent expressions.

Since the first episode sub is already out, I'm not going to bother with a spoiler tag: correct me if I'm wrong but did Misaki say that Hei is a Contractor for the police/Department of Public Peace ? So he's actually working with her or at least on the same side? And he was being hypocritical saying he disliked Contractors when he's one himself. I'm wondering why those Contractors have to do the silly or not so silly exercises to complete their contracts; I wonder if Hei is required to do the same thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker View Post
I have some thing that I don't quite understand. What is a doll? I watched the entire episode and I still have no clue about it.
Dolls are "soulless" mediums that can detect information over a large radius, basically like a living-radar. That's my understanding.
---------------
Old 2007-04-10, 02:19   Link #307
Mattguy

The first episode was great but, yeah it did go by pretty quick. There are a ton of reasons too love this show it's great but my reason for loving it is going to be the stupidest one you'll ever hear. I love the mask he is wearing in the first scenes of the episode. I love creepy mask like those it's why I watched innocent venus and tolerate bleach.
Old 2007-04-10, 06:09   Link #308
Honey_and_Cleaver

Watch this anime(some spoilers). Not expecting it to be like Ghost Hunt. Yeah, Heis a dork with super natural powers(like Hiyu in Tokyo Gakuen Kenpokucho), very common. He cant beat the guy in Ghost Hunt, that guy seems much superior than him.

Seeing how he shoots out strings from his belt looked like bat man, except the part where he pulls out his knife, and i was hoping he used it to removed his spinal cord.

He says he hates the contractor, but i feel his voice dont mean it. Hes a assasin alright, but he uses his seduction more than he used his knife(looking foward to the knife).Im thinking, is this another double timer, well it is, since its the director of NHK ni yokosou who made this anime. Probrably trying to potray his life experiences.

Well ill keep watching until something interest me. The action was good in the beginning, but the OP is kind of a dramatic sexuality craving love sort of thing.

Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Old 2007-04-10, 08:40   Link #309
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey and Cleaver
since its the director of NHK ni yokosou who made this anime

I simply cannot figure out how on earth you came to that conclusion.
Old 2007-04-10, 08:43   Link #310
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
I simply cannot figure out how on earth you came to that conclusion.
Specially considering how many times I mention TENSAI OKAMURA's name when I talk about this series.
Old 2007-04-10, 10:25   Link #311
PreSage
Eureka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattguy View Post
The first episode was great but, yeah it did go by pretty quick. There are a ton of reasons too love this show it's great but my reason for loving it is going to be the stupidest one you'll ever hear. I love the mask he is wearing in the first scenes of the episode. I love creepy mask like those it's why I watched innocent venus and tolerate bleach.
It reminds me a bit of Harry Potter...the lightning bolt that is .
---------------
Old 2007-04-10, 11:15   Link #312
tyranimo
Sue me, Why don't you?

Send a message via AIM to tyranimo
I'm assuming the way the powers work would be like the whole FMA 'equivalent trade' theory.

The person is 'contracted' so that when they use the powers they need 'pay' their part of the contact by doing something. eg, Breaking fingers, arranging stones..

Pretty interesting!
Old 2007-04-10, 11:20   Link #313
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
It reminds me a bit of Harry Potter...the lightning bolt that is .
Reminded me of th ANBU masks from Naruto XD
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
Old 2007-04-10, 11:22   Link #314
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranimo View Post
I'm assuming the way the powers work would be like the whole FMA 'equivalent trade' theory.

The person is 'contracted' so that when they use the powers they need 'pay' their part of the contact by doing something. eg, Breaking fingers, arranging stones..

Pretty interesting!
Isn't FMA's "equivalent trade" just the conservation of mass taken to metaphysical levels? ie: assigning some physical value to souls and memories and stuff

Anyway, yeah it seems like the contractors have to do something strange and specific in order to use their power. I wonder if the main character's behavior is related to that...
Old 2007-04-10, 11:34   Link #315
ssfsx17

My theories:

- We will eventually meet a contractor who has to cut cameras in half by karate-chopping them =)

- Hei's contract is to fix electronics. In general, his powers seem to be electricity-based.
Old 2007-04-10, 11:44   Link #316
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Wasn't Hei's contract connected to stargazing and astronomy? I think one of the interviews wao posted mentioned that that was that.
Old 2007-04-10, 11:49   Link #317
cmage

I hope it's stargazing. I want to see him with the telescope some more.
Old 2007-04-10, 12:10   Link #318
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmage View Post
I hope it's stargazing. I want to see him with the telescope some more.
Yeah, it suits that role far to well to just let it go.

>_>
Old 2007-04-10, 12:35   Link #319
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah, it suits that role far to well to just let it go.

>_>
Are you suggesting Hei is a... NOOOOO.. Hei is NOT a peeping Tom.. or at least, I would like to think that.

The preview has me anticipated for episode 2 like no other show in this season that I have watched so far. Are we there yet?
Old 2007-04-10, 12:38   Link #320
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Are you suggesting Hei is a... NOOOOO.. Hei is NOT a peeping Tom.. or at least, I would like to think that.
No-no, i'm just saying that he looks pretty GAR when doing so.

He's one of my new hero's this season. <3

Tags
action, supernatural