AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-26, 22:24   Link #841
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
And besides... who says DtB can't turn into a harem anime yet!

Oh boy I think we've got plenty of those shows anyway.
Plus, this serie has already its fair share of fanservice (pointed a female viewers, in a quite obvious way), heh.
Old 2007-05-27, 06:11   Link #842
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Can I ask that the thread returns to the intended topic, and that's the discussion of Darker Than Black

Lively discussion is one thing but it seems that people are just arguing for the sake of it now. Having an opinion is fine but please remember that others may not share the same view as you but that's no reason to be objectionable.

Due to this a few of the recent posts have been deleted. Please keep this fun and don't take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they have different opinions. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.
Old 2007-05-27, 06:32   Link #843
KonW

Episode 7 and 8 are completely whaiter than white,,
This may just be a little breather for the successive "dark" series in which one death per episode. Or it just wanted to introduce us more about the black cat Mao.
The detective and his assistant in epi07and08 are likely to appear again in the later episodes after debut in 07 and 08,and there may be more plot about the "flat-chested girl" and Hei since she has a big love for him,and Hei usually have noodles at the Ramen just outside the detective's office.

Next week,we'll have a story about Kirihara ,about his childhood maybe.And to see this as a intruduction about Kirihara after the one about Mao,i desperately want the episode about Hei and the girl in the OP.
Old 2007-05-27, 07:56   Link #844
darlliu

DtB is pretty much a harem anime except that most females die or disappear in 2 eps (it's a good thing too cuz it brings new faces every ep)-_-
so anyways next time maybe some yuri story from kirihara? i'm definitely looking forward to that.
Old 2007-05-27, 13:08   Link #845
nubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlliu View Post
so anyways next time maybe some yuri story from kirihara? i'm definitely looking forward to that.
No way!! She's going to fall for Hei the butler
Old 2007-05-27, 15:20   Link #846
Guido

Seen episode seven.

Kurusgawa Gai's character brought me memories of Cowboy Bebop and Lupin III. This was a hilarious episode, but still well packed with detective drama and dark, sci-fi mood.

Kiko was hilarious as well, and her character brought well deserved cuteness and spunkiness to the environment.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-27, 20:44   Link #847
Joojoobees

Spoiler for MAO:
Old 2007-05-27, 20:47   Link #848
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Spoiler for MAO:
Nope, I think you miss-read.
Spoiler for newtype...:
Old 2007-05-27, 21:05   Link #849
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Spoiler for MAO:
No. In episode 8

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-27, 21:16   Link #850
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Nope, I think you miss-read.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 2007-05-27, 23:04   Link #851
KonW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

For this two-parter arc they finally cast some light about Mao (the cat). He can transfer to bodies, but as he explained Hei he only can with animals.

I actually think Mao is able to do body transfer to humans, because maybe he did not want to disclose too much about himself to Hei.

The intriguing question then if Mao can transfer his consciousness to animal bodies, why he hasn't return to his body yet? Something must have gone wrong in the past with Mao.

And if there's a concrete proof on myself to state that Mao is a "he"?

Really I bet no one, Huang included, knows for certain how Mao's real body looks like, and if his or her is still there or alive.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-27, 23:12   Link #852
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonW View Post
Spoiler:
One of the wild and speculative, yet intruiging theory that came up in 2ch thread by someone was... What if Hei's price paid was that he "forgot" what his sister looks like? And what if... Yin is his sister Pai... yet he isn't aware of it?

Of course, it's just a wild and unfounded theory, and if Carmine had seen Yin in their hideout, none of this would make any sense.
Old 2007-05-27, 23:19   Link #853
KonW

Quote:
One of the wild and speculative, yet intruiging theory that came up in 2ch thread by someone was... What if Hei's price paid was that he "forgot" what his sister looks like? And what if... Yin is his sister Pai... yet he isn't aware of it?

Of course, it's just a wild and unfounded theory, and if Carmine had seen Yin in their hideout, none of this would make any sense.
I forgot the exact episode,but in my memory it's already been made clear that Yin is a Doll like the girl in episode 1?
Old 2007-05-27, 23:30   Link #854
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
I forgot the exact episode,but in my memory it's already been made clear that Yin is a Doll like the girl in episode 1?
Yes, she's a doll. But Dolls are described as a "type" of contractor, who lost all of its human emotions.
The Doll that was used in the first story arc was kind of mysterious. From the description of Dolls, it seems they were originally human, like any other contractor.
But the Doll that appeared in the first arc obviously took on the appearance of another person (as well as implanted memory of her), who was deceased, making you wonder if she was "created", or just a look-a-like.
Perhaps the ME technology used to plant Shinoda's memory into the doll also surgically changed the doll's face to look like hers.

Dolls are not bound by "contract", and thus no need for any "payment".
In related issue, Moratorium is basically someone who's heading to become a doll.
Most moratoriums becomes doll after a certain time, losing all of its emotions. Mai was obviously an exception.
Old 2007-05-27, 23:35   Link #855
Joojoobees

Yeah, this is confusing. It seems there are two completely different uses of the term "doll". One is the people like Yin, who are passive, but can sense things (I guess the kid who hangs with January 11 is one of these). The other is someone who is a simulated person with the personality taken from a real person. There has been nothing (besides the word) that ties these two phenomenon together.
Old 2007-05-28, 02:16   Link #856
KonW

well,i began to consider it like this:
Doll is a word for ONLY the body,it is created and not born by mothers.
In epi01 they implanted the memories and personality into a doll,that is the girl we saw.And,for Yin,it's the same.that means,inside the doll they call Yin,there may even be a man's memories and personality...
And we also found some strange things for the doll in epi01 that her consciousness seems to be unstable.This maybe is because that they try to implant into the doll with another personality and memories that they use to control the doll to kill Hei which maybe is over the capacity of the doll or something.
Old 2007-05-28, 03:06   Link #857
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:

oh haruhi!

That would be the BEST twist in the WORLD!

Dammn! I really really reeeeaaaallly hope that's true!
and to twist the knife a little bit further, we get to see Yin die! Then Hei will find out, and the poo will hit the fan! WOOT!

ahhh.... if anyone can top that theory, i'll give you a cookie.

Old 2007-05-28, 03:26   Link #858
KonW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
oh haruhi!

That would be the BEST twist in the WORLD!

Dammn! I really really reeeeaaaallly hope that's true!
and to twist the knife a little bit further, we get to see Yin die! Then Hei will find out, and the poo will hit the fan! WOOT!

ahhh.... if anyone can top that theory, i'll give you a cookie.

Is there any thing to do to with Haruhi or is that just the phase you use everytime to express your emotion ?

No way that Yin is Hei's sister,and no reason that after her death Hei will get to perceive that her sister is actually Yin (if it is so).
Although Yin hold Hei's hand in epi06 but Hei refused with a disgusted face,which means there must be something between her and Hei,which indicates that she is not Hei's sister Pai,(otherwise Hei won't loathe Yin that much),,,
So by no means that Yin is Pai.
Old 2007-05-28, 03:43   Link #859
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

Is there any thing to do to with Haruhi or is that just the phase you use everytime to express your emotion ?

No way that Yin is Hei's sister,and no reason that after her death Hei will get to perceive that her sister is actually Yin (if it is so).
Although Yin hold Hei's hand in epi06 but Hei refused with a disgusted face,which means there must be something between her and Hei,which indicates that she is not Hei's sister Pai,(otherwise Hei won't loathe Yin that much),,,
So by no means that Yin is Pai.
KonW, you probably missed what the theory said, so I'll re-quote it.
Quote:
What if Hei's price paid was that he "forgot" what his sister looks like? And what if... Yin is his sister Pai... yet he isn't aware of it?
Notice the bold line.
If something like that happened, he would not be aware if Yin is his sister or not.
That's the irony of this theory.
It's completely unfounded, and nothing but a "what if" theory.
But it's very intruiging, and would make an interesting plot twist.

If the powers that makes "contracts" with the contractors are some sinister, hellish,
sentinent being with intent to make cruel and ironic situation, it would be hard to top this one.

And btw, the reason why he's saying "oh haruhi", is most likely a joke to "oh my god".
If you watch Haruhi, then you'll understand why that's a joke.
Old 2007-05-28, 09:12   Link #860
KonW

Quote:
KonW, you probably missed what the theory said, so I'll re-quote it.

Notice the bold line.
If something like that happened, he would not be aware if Yin is his sister or not.
That's the irony of this theory.
It's completely unfounded, and nothing but a "what if" theory.
But it's very intruiging, and would make an interesting plot twist.

If the powers that makes "contracts" with the contractors are some sinister, hellish,
sentinent being with intent to make cruel and ironic situation, it would be hard to top this one.

And btw, the reason why he's saying "oh haruhi", is most likely a joke to "oh my god".
If you watch Haruhi, then you'll understand why that's a joke.
Yeah,i know it,,,But if Yin is Hei's sister ,then there shouldn't be any reason that Yin would have done things that made Hei loathe her.So i guess there should be more things between she and Hei.
Anyway,now think it twice,,maybe Yin told Hei that she is his sister and Hei takes that as a dirty cheat and began to hate Yin?
In fact , i'd like to see things about the green-hair girl in the OP.According to the official site she and Hei has complicated relationships.

Oh yeah ,i understand now,,Haruhi is actually one of my favourite animes.

Tags
action, supernatural