AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-12-20, 10:16   Link #1
karumofin

One Piece Movie 8: Episode of Alabaster - Sabaku no Ojou to Kaizoku Tachi

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=4851
huh?
a full movie thats nothing but a recap? what are they thinking?
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 17:22   Link #2
Chuixupu
Shikachu

It's not the first time this has been done, I think they did this for Dragonball of one of it's incarnations, with successful results.
Considering that the anime is in a transitional period at the moment, it's not a bad idea (if you are caught up with the manga and watch where the anime is currently, you know what I mean).
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 18:02   Link #3
marvelB

Yeah, this should be a pretty decent movie (and thankfully, the Ace filler should be skipped). And the scene of Crocodile's defeat should look quite sweet indeed....

And I've actually got that Dragonball movie on video. That was pretty decent itself (it goes from the beginning of the series up to the Red Ribbon storyline, though with many things skipped/changed to fit the timeslot).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 23:39   Link #4
karumofin

well okay, i have to admit, considering how bad the last movie was in my opinion, its probably better if they stick to an oficcial story.
I think im jsut disapointed because iw as expecting the two new crewmembers to show up
Old 2006-12-20, 23:44   Link #5
-Breakthrough-

A remake of Arabasta in a form of a full movie, ne? This should be interesting, too bad, it would have been awesome if Franky was in it. Oh well, that can wait next year seeing as how..
Spoiler for For anime viewers:
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 12:36   Link #6
King Jb612

ya

the movie is a new story but in the setting of arabasta, so u never know who might be in it and its comming out March 3, 2007 in Japan.
Old 2006-12-30, 14:34   Link #7
onepiecelover

I actually would'nt mind seeing crocodile getting his butt handed to him a secind time.
Old 2007-03-23, 07:17   Link #8
karumofin

wasnt the movie out yet? has anyone seen it or at leats got any info?
Old 2007-03-23, 10:18   Link #9
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

As far as we are in the actual anime I still see Crocodile as by far the most menacing villain...Lucci wishes he had as much hate in his heart as Crocs...

That Dragonball (All-size fits-all) recap movie was OK, but it did seem to slap canon upside the head...But I happen to like Alabasta an a totally enhanced animation of this saga wiil probably be good...Hopefully they downplay "The Passion of the Vivi" though xD...During the actual arc you almost wanted to shoot her out of her misery crying for her people...

Stiill need to see Movie 7, so sad it's almost impossible to get in an easy way...

Quote:
the movie is a new story but in the setting of arabasta, so u never know who might be in it and its comming out March 3, 2007 in Japan.
Who said that?? From the previews it seems to be the same arc with some better animation....
Old 2007-03-23, 11:29   Link #10
Chuixupu
Shikachu

It is basically an abbreviated version of Arabasta...with only slightly better animation according to those that have reviewed it. In fact the reviews have been so disappointing I don't think I even want to bother seeing it.
Old 2007-03-23, 15:06   Link #11
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Ooops...I did see movie 7^^....

I did all the bitching for nothing...

If anyone cares he gets his gear second in the movie...
Old 2007-03-25, 09:16   Link #12
andrew86

I really like the idea of remaking the Arabasta arc into a movie. It will actually be a movie worth watching. With the animation redone, new songs, and the filler cut, I think that it will be pretty good.
andrew86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 15:54   Link #13
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Well, here's a review from someone who's seen it... http://apforums.net/showpost.php?p=482718&postcount=598
Old 2007-03-25, 18:01   Link #14
Tommy
Mr. Prince

^ Yeah they ripped that movie a new one over on AP forums.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 18:58   Link #15
Chuixupu
Shikachu

It's not "they", it's just one guy who lives in Japan. Considering that Greg was really looking forward to the movie and he's usually really happy and upbeat about anything that happens in OP, it's kind of shocking hearing such a bad review from him.
Crossbones at K-F also posted a review which wasn't quite as scything but it wasn't good either.
There apparently are some really good parts about the movie though. I guess I'll have to see it so I can judge for myself. It'll be a while before that happens.
Old 2007-03-25, 22:51   Link #16
Nasuke

Send a message via AIM to Nasuke
one thing you guys havta understand is that no matter how hard a person works to make people happy,people still don't appreciate anything
Nasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 23:16   Link #17
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuke View Post
one thing you guys havta understand is that no matter how hard a person works to make people happy,people still don't appreciate anything
And one thing you have to understand is that there's a difference between people who are so picky they gripe about everything and someone expressing an opinion of disappointment over a major screw-up.

I don't care how hard someone worked to create a burned squirrel souflet, if it tastes bad I'll say so, particularly when you know the person is perfectly capable of cooking up something perfectly good but they were just too lazy and assumed "hey they'll take whatever we give them so let's not spend a lot of time and money on it". And this is the case of this movie from all evidence as is a lot of stuff going on with the animated adaption lately.
Old 2007-03-26, 17:42   Link #18
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Ya more Crocodille! He seems to having something the other Villains don't have. I can't wait for the movie. So far i've liked all the one piece movies.
Old 2007-03-29, 09:32   Link #19
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

there is also a difference between releasing quality material and cashing in on a franchise.

I'll wait till alot more opinions come in though.
Old 2007-04-03, 17:30   Link #20
Spider20
o_O

Send a message via AIM to Spider20 Send a message via MSN to Spider20 Send a message via Yahoo to Spider20
why does it seem like alot of people like to let others decide if a movie this movie is good or not. you all already know its based on a past arc and all that other stuff, like no fillers and new additions to the story line that the orignal arc didnt have.

I for one cant wait to see it and I wont let anyone else tell me different since this is one anime that I love so much that I dont let anyone base it with out tearing them a new one. ^^

plus I got the Movie Log Box that came with a Chopper-man key chain. its soo cute. XD
Spider20 is offline   Reply With Quote