AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-04-05, 23:08   Link #141
L33tmaster

Glad to see I'm not the only person on here who thought he looks like Laharl. Now we just need Maria in a Flonne costume and maybe a couple of Prinnies.
L33tmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 23:13   Link #142
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
And yah, loved the narrator. Doesn't matter what he says, whenever i hear his voice it reminds me of Chiyo's Dad and it's just lol
QFT

Thanks for pointing this out. This just brings my enjoyment of the narrator to a whole new level. I'll just pretend Chiyo's dad is narrating!
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 23:19   Link #143
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
As always, Eclipse released CPU-killing HD nonsense.
I was wondering before, how could they encode 1024x264 Pumpkin so it would die on me, yet Yoroshiku's Kekkaishi in 1024x264 was perfectly playable ? Now they just decided to only release for the rich kids.
Killed my CPU too, so I had to activate CoreAVC and it works fine now.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 23:40   Link #144
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Very happy with the first episode (Thanks SS-Eclipse, HD earns extra points! ) and of new series, this is currently my favourite. Though first eps aren't a lot to go by; I always give new series 2-3 eps before really judging them. However I was thoroughly impressed with Hayate. I hope I'm not disappointed as the story progresses, because the first episode was excellent. ^^
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 00:38   Link #145
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai View Post
Very happy with the first episode (Thanks SS-Eclipse, HD earns extra points! ) and of new series, this is currently my favourite. Though first eps aren't a lot to go by; I always give new series 2-3 eps before really judging them. However I was thoroughly impressed with Hayate. I hope I'm not disappointed as the story progresses, because the first episode was excellent. ^^
HD was the best wish Each ep is HD . A comedy anime butler style
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 01:53   Link #146
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1.

I love shows like this that relish in their ridiculousness, provided it doesn't overstay its welcome. Really funny episode, but I don't have a great deal to add that hasn't already been said. It's obviously little more than a mindless comedy, but if the rest of the series remains as funny as this ep, then it'll be a winner. Hayate's very hard not to like, IMO.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 02:13   Link #147
shiro83

The narrator's comments adds on to the comedy...
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 02:23   Link #148
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Two words, "Heavily Censored". I can understand the lack of blood (due to the timeslot), but why change gambling to "investing in dreams"? Is gambling a swear word in Japan or something?

Entering the next episode with trepidation.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-06, 02:48   Link #149
Saber Cherry
Marionette

I can't quite put my finger on it, but manga Nagi really is much cuter than anime Nagi. Normally I find it to be the other way around, and I like the chara designs in an anime more than a manga (like Scrapped Princess or Ghost Hunt). However, sometimes anime has different artists for different episodes. At least all the characters were immediately recognizable.

Overall I thought ep1 was pretty good, aside from the OP and ED (I don't expect much from MELL, but KOTOKO?). And so far all the voices were spot-on, though I don't really understand the love in this thread for the narrator. I think he's too hyper, as in Negima!?, and they should have used Keroro Gunsou's narrator. But it's not a huge deal, since he obviously gets zero screentime

The animation and background art all has a high-quality feel to it, as well. And thanks Eclipse, you guys did a great subbing job, especially considering the amount of time!

@Karnot: Jeez, what a little brat you are. How can you complain that free stuff is given out in a format you don't like, when it's also being given out in a format you DO like? Like a little kid in a sandbox, angry that the other kid also got a shovel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
why change gambling to "investing in dreams"? Is gambling a swear word in Japan or something?
That was really confusing, especially when he said his mother invested his paycheck, and the boss said, "No parents would be so cruel!" ...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33tMaster
Now we just need Maria in a Flonne costume
Yes. Yes, we do.
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 02:53   Link #150
Noran
Musouka

Location: In a peaceful, serene place at night, watching the beautiful stars twinkle in sight
Send a message via AIM to Noran Send a message via MSN to Noran
aha! What an interesting anime! I don't know anything about Japanese voice actors, but I know that the girl's voice is the same as Louise's in Zero no Tsukaima, which is really cool because I can't wait for the sequel! It reminded me in many other ways too, of Zero no Tsukaima. The main girl is flat chested again and the animation is obviously also similar. Something else I remembered was when it showed Hayate's boss. I thought it was so funny when he looked like Shinji's dad from Evangelion. Anyways, so many new animes coming out, it's exciting! Happily looking forward to the next episode! :]

Noran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 04:13   Link #151
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wow Hayate really reminds me of Loran Cehack (Romi Paku)from Turn A Gundam not only in his demeanor and voice but in his kind of Jack of All Trades ability.

Spoiler for Loran's Intro similarities to Hayate:
Spoiler:

I hope he dresses up like Edward Elric and Nagi gets into a suit of armor later on.

Overall funny stuff from Nagi bitching out the robot in a mumble to rant (Rie Kumumblia trademark by the way, the spaz freak, if it doesn't happen it just isn't right). I also never expected to see the American Saturday Morning Cartoon convention of the Devil and Angel on the shoulder routine. Speaking of Angel's we got couple random Eva parodies among other things as well. Also recognizing Rie Tanaka's voice in anime these is almost impossible. When did she get so good at doing any type of role.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 04:43   Link #152
mouhitori

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroitenshi83 View Post
The narrator's comments adds on to the comedy...
What was said definitely does add to the comedy, but am I the only one who find his voice a bit annoying?
mouhitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 08:16   Link #153
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Two words, "Heavily Censored". I can understand the lack of blood (due to the timeslot), but why change gambling to "investing in dreams"? Is gambling a swear word in Japan or something?

Cheers.
Yeah, but the way the narator and Hyate's 4th wall breaks put it, I dun think the animation team like it all that much ether.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 08:18   Link #154
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouhitori View Post
What was said definitely does add to the comedy, but am I the only one who find his voice a bit annoying?
I hope you are, because Wakamoto's voice is that of a God.
Old 2007-04-06, 08:28   Link #155
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I hope you are, because Wakamoto's voice is that of a God.
Undoubtedly true, but I think he's out of place here. Wakamoto's is the sort of voice that needs to come out of a character, rather than just a (not so) passive narrator. I almost feel as if he's a bit wasted in this role.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 08:40   Link #156
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Undoubtedly true, but I think he's out of place here. Wakamoto's is the sort of voice that needs to come out of a character, rather than just a (not so) passive narrator. I almost feel as if he's a bit wasted in this role.
"Hayate no Gotoku!"'s narrator is a character. If the anime continues to follow the spirit of the manga, you will see what I mean. Think "Keroro Gunsou".

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-06, 08:59   Link #157
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:

Cheers.
That doesn't make much sense to me either, unless the company that owns the TV stations airing it also runs a chain of pachinko parlors (or gets a lot of advertising from them). Watering it down like that kind of takes the punch out of it a little...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 09:48   Link #158
NaweG
Just some guy

Nice to see a fun new series that is willing to take a poke at itself, and still put together a decent story. Also appreciate that the sub team included the little admonition about sitting a good distance away and with the lights on. Is there really an epidemic of japanese children going blind?
Old 2007-04-06, 09:57   Link #159
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Also appreciate that the sub team included the little admonition about sitting a good distance away and with the lights on. Is there really an epidemic of japanese children going blind?
I thought it was part of their regulations after the pokemon incident.
Old 2007-04-06, 10:18   Link #160
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I thought it was part of their regulations after the pokemon incident.
Indeed, Tv Tokyo also became very weary of a lot of stuff after evangelion. Which explains the blood to a degree (Same thing applies to panty shots too, Kare Kano being the last show to alow that, however, attempted molestation is just fine, aprrently).

Doesnt' explain them being weak willed over the parent's gambleing problem though. TV Tokyo are realy pushing it in that regard, (I'm lookin' at you, AirGear).
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp