AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-06, 20:46   Link #1681
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Gensokyo
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500 Send a message via Skype™ to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
The long-waited sub-forum for Hayate finally came. A rational decison indeed. As a 52-episoded series, even if the number of posts per episode is not outstanding, sooner or later it would grow too large for a single thread to handle.

Thanks to mods.
I salute them. Now we have more reasons to gossip about Hina & Maria, ne?
__________________
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 18:05   Link #1682
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Surrounded by Mistery (cool isn't?)
YES! You are the best sub-forum ever!

Cant wait for the Image thread.
__________________
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 16:07   Link #1683
acev
Misuzu ftw!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
I guess I'll put this here. Not sure where to put it.

http://www.ankohouse.com/j/Game5/u_rina62.html
Hayate typing game
Kind of hard because you're typing Japanese words.
That's an interesting game, though the words take awhile to type at first =P

About the censoring, I never really have liked that guy. He tends to seem out of place. It might just be me though. O.o
__________________
acev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 13:51   Link #1684
ultima
Kagami+Hayate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Singapore
I just seen 10 eps of this and immediately went to buy the whole manga. Too awesome , except almost at the end of book 1 the story doesnt proceed with the anime.

Should I stop the anime for a while and finish the manga? Unsure whats the story in manga gonna proceed. They skipped a lot of things in the anime.
ultima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 14:45   Link #1685
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima View Post
I just seen 10 eps of this and immediately went to buy the whole manga. Too awesome , except almost at the end of book 1 the story doesnt proceed with the anime.

Should I stop the anime for a while and finish the manga? Unsure whats the story in manga gonna proceed. They skipped a lot of things in the anime.
Its more the anime have put certain scenes in a differnt order, I got confused over this too. Thats why I gave up reading the manga, and just gonna enjoy the anime
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 17:40   Link #1686
shoehead
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Its more the anime have put certain scenes in a differnt order, I got confused over this too. Thats why I gave up reading the manga, and just gonna enjoy the anime
IMO the manga is just as good if not better than the anime. The anime just goes in a different order from the manga. The manga covers some of the scenes in the anime differently. (such as the Hinagiku scene in the haunted school building) Both are good and I suggest that you watch the anime and read the manga.
__________________

By Kira_Naruto
shoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 21:38   Link #1687
S_K
Let's begin!
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to S_K
The thing I enjoy alot about the anime is how the narrator/ Ten no Koe is incorparated
__________________
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 21:38   Link #1688
ultima
Kagami+Hayate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoehead View Post
IMO the manga is just as good if not better than the anime. The anime just goes in a different order from the manga. The manga covers some of the scenes in the anime differently. (such as the Hinagiku scene in the haunted school building) Both are good and I suggest that you watch the anime and read the manga.
Both at once? Should I read or watch in any order?
I'm really afraid of spoilers , but I don't think anyone knows the rest of the anime as it's still far from the end.

Thanks anyway.
ultima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 05:53   Link #1689
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima View Post
Both at once? Should I read or watch in any order?
I'm really afraid of spoilers , but I don't think anyone knows the rest of the anime as it's still far from the end.

Thanks anyway.
If I remember right I think this is suposed to be a 50+ ep series so still got ways to go if thats true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoehead View Post
IMO the manga is just as good if not better than the anime. The anime just goes in a different order from the manga. The manga covers some of the scenes in the anime differently. (such as the Hinagiku scene in the haunted school building) Both are good and I suggest that you watch the anime and read the manga.
Thing is I actually enjoy reading mangas more than watching anime, its just that theres times when I can't be bother looking for the manga or scans. Like with Lucky Star I read some manga, then gave up and just enjoyed the show. This way I can ignore all the whining that goes on about how "OMG that scene is totally different from the manga!!" doesn't mean I don't like manga, in any case I think like 90% of mangas are way better than there anime counter part.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 14:04   Link #1690
shoehead
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima View Post
Both at once? Should I read or watch in any order?
I'm really afraid of spoilers , but I don't think anyone knows the rest of the anime as it's still far from the end.

Thanks anyway.
Its up to you I guess...I'm doing both at once and I'm reading/watching in the regular order
__________________

By Kira_Naruto
shoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 16:49   Link #1691
UPR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima View Post
Both at once? Should I read or watch in any order?
I'm really afraid of spoilers , but I don't think anyone knows the rest of the anime as it's still far from the end.

Thanks anyway.
there both great . Im also doing both at the same time, so that would be my recommendation.
__________________
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 18:39   Link #1692
Fruitfly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
This way I can ignore all the whining that goes on about how "OMG that scene is totally different from the manga!!"
I'm guilty of this

I like both the anime and manga.
Some chapters and sections were cut and the episodes are not in the correct order after episode 3. If you do read the manga, the anime extended some chapters and adds some anime exclusive episodes. So even if you read the manga, the anime is still fun to watch.
__________________
Fruitfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 20:58   Link #1693
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Surrounded by Mistery (cool isn't?)
...The DS game is out today right )(or is it already?? I cant wait until...uh... somebody rips it...

I wonder what kind of game is though, Its on the DS, and some screens I got (probably shops) say there may be a lot of "touch" action...
__________________
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 13:47   Link #1694
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
This is a really cute show! I once flipped through the manga but the bland art was somewhat of a turn-off. I like the anime though. So far, Nagi and Hayate are my favorite characters. Nagi's such a little smart-ass, isn't she?

Quote:
1. You're stupid.
2. You're extremely stupid
3. You're unbelievably stupid
4. You're....
*laughs*
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 18:05   Link #1695
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mihama, Okinawa, Japan
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta Send a message via Skype™ to shomazta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
SS-Eclipse have fansubbed and released the first episode
am i blind or stupid or something XD ... i downloaded it right from simpgfx but its not fansubbed at all... its just the raw file can someone help me out... i mean the file says [SS-Eclipse] Hayate no Gotoku!

^^ need cuz i acidently deleted the rmvb files i downloaded in the past...

as to this anime its freaking awesome, ep23 came out raw and i saw it over on SG but I didn't bother watching it yet since my japanese is a bit sketchy XD ...
Spoiler for i love how they:
if you haven't seen this anime at all you NEED to seriously...

also where's the image thread for this anime -.- I really want to contribute
shomazta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 16:38   Link #1696
Moridin
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sweden
Age: 29
who knows, maybe this is where the idea of Hayate came from :)

In sweden they are rerunning Seinfeld for like the 10th time at night time tv. Today was episode 10 of season 4, it's named "the virgin"
And here is the part of this episode that is so funny:

Spoiler for space saving:
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 23:00   Link #1697
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by shomazta View Post
am i blind or stupid or something XD ... i downloaded it right from simpgfx but its not fansubbed at all... its just the raw file can someone help me out... i mean the file says [SS-Eclipse] Hayate no Gotoku!

^^ need cuz i acidently deleted the rmvb files i downloaded in the past...

as to this anime its freaking awesome, ep23 came out raw and i saw it over on SG but I didn't bother watching it yet since my japanese is a bit sketchy XD ...
Spoiler for i love how they:
if you haven't seen this anime at all you NEED to seriously...

also where's the image thread for this anime -.- I really want to contribute
I'm not sure where you are downloading it from but if you want the subbed version try going to the eclipse site and getting the torrent... Or you may want to try the bots on the eclipse IRC.....
__________________
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 02:27   Link #1698
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Gensokyo
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500 Send a message via Skype™ to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
In sweden they are rerunning Seinfeld for like the 10th time at night time tv. Today was episode 10 of season 4, it's named "the virgin"
And here is the part of this episode that is so funny:

Spoiler for space saving:
Talk about coincidence. Didn't really follow Seinfield, so I don't get it, but if it's true that HNG's creator watches the series, then that's something to talk about.
__________________
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 16:24   Link #1699
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
Seinfeld being the only sitcom I can stand, and actually owning a few of the seasons on the dvd I can assure you it's accurate. It's not very likely that it's a source of inspiration, though, since Hayate isn't really sentenced to be her butler by law, and he didn't owe her the money, he was just lucky enough to have her pay off the yakuza. She even offered to let him off the hook. That is, until she realized he thought her "Mask the Money" outfit looked weird.

There is some resemblance, but as this concept is fairly generic; I really doubt that this is where they drew it from. Still worth a giggle, though.
__________________
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 02:57   Link #1700
Potatochobit
Certified Organic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I stopped watching Hayate for a little while and I picked it up again with a fresh start.
episodes 20+ have been pretty good. alot better than 10-19 I would say.

I;m sure alot of ideas come from other tv shows, did this actually come straight out of seinfeld? the world may never know.
__________________
*Retired*
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.