AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2008-03-05, 06:13   Link #1761
Siegel Clyne

More Anime Planned for Hayate the Combat Butler?

In Vol. 173, March 5, 2008 of WEB Sunday's BACKSTAGE with Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate the Combat Butler) mangaka Hata Kenjirou, Hata reveals that something new is in the works for Hayate no Gotoku!

Use this link to see Vol. 173 of Backstage with Hayate the Combat Butler comic artist Kenjiro Hata after Vol. 174 comes out next week.

The current Hayate no Gotoku! television anime series - the 52nd and final episode airs on TV Tokyo Sunday, March 30, 2008 - was scheduled from the start to run for only a year.

Speculations by Japanese fans on the something new being planned for Hayate no Gotoku! include 1) a second television anime series; 2) OVAs (a la Ranma 1/2 and Tennis no Oujisama {Prince of Tennis}); 3) an animated film; 4) a live action television series (a la Negima); and 5) a live action movie (a la Higurashi).

Someone even suggested a musical a la Sakura Taisen (Sakura Wars).

Sakura Taisen used the same seiyuu from the games, the OVAs, and the television anime series in the musicals. However unlikely the event, a Hayate no Gotoku! musical probably would go the Sailormoon and Tennis no Oujisama route, employing stage actors instead of the seiyuu from the anime.

In addition, a lot of the Hayate no Gotoku! seiyuu are comparatively younger than the Sakura Taisen veteran seiyuu who performed in the Sakura Taisen musicals, and, anyway, are just too busy doing low paying voice work in anime (including the many late night, UHF, and CS/BS broadcasted anime series which have sprung up after the 1990s) to perform in musicals.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2008-03-05 at 07:39.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 06:29   Link #1762
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
In Vol. 173, March 5, 2008 of BACKSTAGE with Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate the Combat Butler) mangaka Hata Kenjirou, Hata reveals that something new is in the works for Hayate no Gotoku!

Use this link to see Vol. 173 of Backstage with Hayate the Combat Butler comic artist Kenjiro Hata after Vol. 174 comes out next week.

The current Hayate no Gotoku! television anime series - the 52nd and final episode airs on TV Tokyo Sunday, March 30, 2008 - was scheduled from the start to run for only a year.

Speculations by Japanese fans on the something new being planned for Hayate no Gotoku! include 1) a second television anime series; 2) OVAs; 3) an animated film; 4) a live action television series (a la Negima); and 5) a live action movie (a la Higurashi).
please let this be the second television anime series... *prays*
Old 2008-03-05, 06:48   Link #1763
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
In Vol. 173, March 5, 2008 of BACKSTAGE with Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate the Combat Butler) mangaka Hata Kenjirou, Hata reveals that something new is in the works for Hayate no Gotoku!

Speculations by Japanese fans on the something new being planned for Hayate no Gotoku! include 1) a second television anime series; 2) OVAs (a la Ranma 1/2 and Tennis no Oujisama {Prince of Tennis}); 3) an animated film; 4) a live action television series (a la Negima); and 5) a live action movie (a la Higurashi).

Sakura Taisen used the same seiyuu from the games, the OVAs, and the television anime series in the musicals. However unlikely the event, a Hayate no Gotoku! musical probably would go the Sailormoon and Tennis no Oujisama route, employing stage actors instead of the seiyuu from the anime.
this is some good news, now I can't wait for the second season if their is one
Old 2008-03-07, 02:06   Link #1764
Epoq
1-Up Mushroom

Pleeeeeease let me it another season! 52 episodes isn't quite enough.
Old 2008-03-07, 02:08   Link #1765
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
so... I stopped watching the show about 15 episodes ago... it was getting extremely repetative with no character growths. Has it gotten any better? Is there a solid plot leading to a resolution? or is it destined to be open ended with nothing resolved?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 03:19   Link #1766
Epoq
1-Up Mushroom

I've personally felt that it has gotten better. Yes, I can understand what you mean by it being repetitive and not too long ago I was starting to feel the same way. But, somehow it's gotten more interesting for me once again.

I don't think there is anything in the way of a solid plot with a resolution, but then again, that's not exactly what this show is about is it? It's just fun to watch, it's not meant to tell a deep and thought provoking story.
Old 2008-03-07, 04:17   Link #1767
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I honestly went into this show like I usually do, and thats without knowing exactly what its about, I like to be surprised. I can understand the randomness, and I don't mind so much as the lack of a central plot with resolution, but I always want character growth and resolution, otherwise it'll feel more like a waste of time, know what i mean?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 00:20   Link #1768
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I honestly went into this show like I usually do, and thats without knowing exactly what its about, I like to be surprised. I can understand the randomness, and I don't mind so much as the lack of a central plot with resolution, but I always want character growth and resolution, otherwise it'll feel more like a waste of time, know what i mean?
15 ep ago so about 33? yea it was pretty dull then for me but after butler battle arc is over I have loved every episode since, it REALLY did pick up for me again and Im glad I stuck with it.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 03:52   Link #1769
Siegel Clyne

Important Announcement at End of Hayate Final Episode?

More Anime Planned for Hayate the Combat Butler?

Quote:
In Vol. 173, March 5, 2008 of WEB Sunday's BACKSTAGE with Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate the Combat Butler) mangaka Hata Kenjirou, Hata reveals that something new is in the works for Hayate no Gotoku!

It has been posted on various 2ch threads that an important announcement will be done at the end of the 52nd and final episode of the Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate the Combat Butler) television anime series, which will be broadcasted in the Kantou region on TV Tokyo, Sunday, March 30, 2008, 10:00am-10:30am.

If true, what would it be about?
Old 2008-04-20, 03:26   Link #1770
Siegel Clyne

Hayate no Gotoku! Episodes 40-52 Kantou TV Ratings

Compiled from Video Research Ltd. television household audience ratings data obtained at the National Diet Library and posted by a reliable source on TV ratings threads at 2ch here, here, here and perhaps elsewhere...

Average Television Household Audience Ratings for Hayate no Gotoku [Hayate the Combat Butler] in the Kantou Region, Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Saitama, Chiba, etc.)

*2.5% Episode 40 2008/01/06 (Sunday) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo
*2.3% Episode 41 2008/01/13 (Sunday) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo
*3.5% Episode 42 2008/01/20 (Sunday) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo
*4.4% Episode 43 2008/01/27 (Sunday) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo
*4.1% Episode 44 2008/02/03 (Sunday) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo
*4.0% Episode 45 2008/02/10 (Sunday) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo
*3.9% Episode 46 2008/02/17 (Sunday) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo
*3.5% Episode 47 2008/02/24 (Sunday) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo
*3.3% Episode 48 2008/03/02 (Sunday) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo
*3.6% Episode 49 2008/03/09 (Sunday) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo
*3.4% Episode 50 2008/03/16 (Sunday) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo
*3.5% Episode 51 2008/03/23 (Sunday) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo
*3.4% Episode 52 2008/03/30 (Sunday) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo
-------------------------------------------------------
*3.49% Episodes 40-52 (The End) [4th Cour] 2008/01/13 (Sunday) - 2008/03/30 (Sunday) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo

Television program household audience ratings data from Video Research Ltd. are reportedly available to the public at the National Diet Library beginning around two weeks after broadcasting.

According to the aforementioned reliable source at 2ch, however, TV ratings for programs airing on NHK-ETV (e.g., Anime Major) are not available to the public at the National Diet Library. These TV ratings are sometimes leaked at 2ch by sources with inside information.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2008-04-20 at 04:07.
Old 2008-04-20, 09:19   Link #1771
Lauren Revolt
Ride the Lightning

Hmm, why did it peak at around ep 43 then slowly and continually drop? o_o
Lauren Revolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 16:33   Link #1772
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I love this show. ;o

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 00:00   Link #1773
Dr. Casey

Wow, those ratings are pretty awful. I'm surprised it got picked up for a second season.

I just got finished watching episode 20. Are there any more episodes with a decent emphasis on jealous Nagi? I always enjoy episodes that focus on the heroines being possessive of their love interest.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 19:27   Link #1774
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Wow, those ratings are pretty awful. I'm surprised it got picked up for a second season.
Compared to...? It's a lot more than most anime gets on TV (saving the classic and prime-time stuff). That being said, those ratings combined with above average DVD sales don't make it seem that unlikely. I mean, it's that or some other series that may or may not pull in better ratings in that timeslot, and most shows in that timeslot don't see nearly the DVD sales. So yeah -- don't know that it's that surprising, if you ask me...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 20:18   Link #1775
Dr. Casey

Urusei Yatsura averaged in the range of 20-25 percent.
Old 2008-11-23, 20:22   Link #1776
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Urusei Yatsura averaged in the range of 20-25 percent.
That's hardly a fair comparison for so many reasons... (Different timeslot, different era, different competition, different... well, everything. I mean, shows like Doraemon and Sazae-san still pull in ratings like that, but they're about the only shows in that sort of bracket. Most anime that get sequels have way, way, way less.)

Edit: Recent anime viewer ratings post for reference.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-11-23 at 20:33.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 06:38   Link #1777
Dark Mage

I have some questions about the Hayate the Combat Butler Manga so I was wondering if this thread was for discussing the Anime or the manga. But anyways I just started reading this manga and before I get in too deep I wanted to ask is there any romance at all in this manga? Does Hayate's Feeling for Maria ever understood by Maria? Or does something develop between Nagi and Hayate? Does Hayate still not understand Nagi's feelings for him? I would really like it if MariaxHayate works out/ In the very first chapter did Maria ask Hayate if he had alover or was it just Hayate's imagination?
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 06:47   Link #1778
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I have some questions about the Hayate the Combat Butler Manga so I was wondering if this thread was for discussing the Anime or the manga.
This thread is for anime only discussion. The whole subforum is devoted to anime discussion, with just a few exceptions.

If you want to the discuss the manga, then you can use the following threads:

- Hayate the Combat Butler manga (Viz Edition only)
- Hayate no Gotoku manga (raw discussion only)

The difference between them is of course that the former covers the chapters that Viz has officially released for the U.S. market, while the latter is up to the latest chapter released in Japan.
Old 2008-12-26, 22:18   Link #1779
Dr. Casey

Random debate time!

Nagi Sanzenin. Would you guys say that she's unreasonably jealous and possessive, or is Hayate so cruel and insensitive to her feelings that he deserves whatever he gets?
Old 2008-12-28, 20:49   Link #1780
brocko

I'd say Hayate is just plain clueless

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp