AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2006-12-21, 06:00   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

[Manga] Chapter 257 discussion

If you think I'm going to write up one of my mega-huge synopses... no way in heck. That's too much trouble to do it twice in one day since I can hit the high points of this chapter in just a few sentences.

Ishida's battle with Chiruchi continues. Ishida's squabble with Pesh continues. Chiruchi is cool and psycho. Pesh is an idiot.

Pesh is such a flake that I can't help laughing at him. Forgetting what the name of his own attack is. Then he admits that the name is a lie... well, not a lie as such, more like an embelishment.

Ishida argues with Chiruchi about his Hirenkyaku being different from Shunpo. Honestly if it is different I'd like to know what that difference really is. Hopefully he'll bother to explain it next episode.

Finally they get done will all the comedy. (And the comedy was gold.) Getting serious, Chiruchi demonstrates her awesome power and it looks like she's gonna toast Ishida until he pulls out a sword. A sword?!? Holy moley, I thought he shunned anything that isn't a bow, but that really looks like a sword to me.

BTW, can anyone make out where he pulled the sword from? That close-up was way too close for my taste.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 06:06   Link #2
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The back-side of his psuedo-belt on his waist. It's the only plausible location for him to brandish his 'sword' in that pose and position.

It looks like a sword, but considering he has more than just 2 or 3, maybe it's a special arrow or something? Or long throwing blades.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 06:08   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Interesting point. It sure as heck looks like a sword, but maybe it is a sword-arrow. He's got at least 4 of them. So perhaps there are 4 super-ultra-killer shots waiting to be fired.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 07:00   Link #4
shenzu

Ishida with a sword lol.

But a sword-arrow thing does make sense, cause he didn't want to waste it he says.

Although he did look like a knight in that last panel, with his snowflake shape bow looking like a shield..
shenzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 07:41   Link #5
Oberon

I'll go with the one-way sword theory. The hilt looks a bit too clunky for an arrow-like projectile. Although it does have that hole at the end to pull the string if it really were an arrow, so who knows. As for why one-way, I'd wager those hilts can store spiritual energy, like the thingies he used when he had lost his powers, although it would seem kinda useless to have only limited uses. IIRC Ishida mentioned that his powers here should be a great deal higher, since he can draw upon Hueco Mundo's energy, which would be kinda pointless, if his special attack used pre-stored energy. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I second the comment on the entertainment value of the Pesh/Ishida-combo. Pesh is the ideal sidekick to break Ishida's (wannabe) stoic demeanor. Also, nice eyecandy from soon to be offed ex-espada Chiruchi on the front page. Lastly, here's an alternate version of the last page, courtesy of 4chan.
Spoiler for alternate chapter end:
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 08:29   Link #6
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenzu View Post
Ishida with a sword lol.

But a sword-arrow thing does make sense, cause he didn't want to waste it he says.

Although he did look like a knight in that last panel, with his snowflake shape bow looking like a shield..
The sword looks Korny and so un Ishida like ... Kubo we need Ryuuken in this arc . yeah I can imagine he will be animated with a blue glow looking like a Palladin
Old 2006-12-21, 08:40   Link #7
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

LOL. Ishida pulled a lightsaber out of nowhere. [cue StarWars music]

You know, considering Ishida, it be so like him to pull cheesy stuff out of nowhere, IMO.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 09:01   Link #8
Lotiman

I thought he pulled out the sword with 1 finger but later it become biggger and hold with his hand. With the sword on his hand, then how he going to use the bow? Maybe he will should the lightsaber of his with the bow. I saw a few sword handle in his back.
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 10:17   Link #9
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Lastly, here's an alternate version of the last page, courtesy of 4chan.
Spoiler for alternate chapter end:
Good one Oberon Ishida reminds me of Legolas here . Kudos to 4chan for the edit =]
Old 2006-12-21, 13:01   Link #10
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen Stx View Post
LOL. Ishida pulled a lightsaber out of nowhere. [cue StarWars music]

You know, considering Ishida, it be so like him to pull cheesy stuff out of nowhere, IMO.
LOL, I thought it was a lightsaber too!

Somehow Ishida went from getting owned to back ontop of things.... Even though he was getting owned by her in her sealed form. Her unsealed form is suppose to be ALOT stronger, but yet Ishida isn't getting owned like before. I'm lost....

And that Ant/bettle guy is funny as hell!
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 14:35   Link #11
lommm
l'homme de lommm

pesh is too funny!! i can't wait to hear what seiyu they choose for him! i'm thinking Tatsuya Gashuin would be hilarious!

okay, i looked at it closely

it does look like ishida pulls it out of his belt... and there are at least three others there... but it is tiny... like the size of his finger... so those four we see could all be different things... this one's a sword, that one's a sewing machine... you know, stuff ishida thinks he might need... but that's just speculation.

now, he destroys the wings without the sword. that's the energy blast from creating the swords, i think. if you look at the bottom panels on the second to last page, he's not actually holding the sword when the wing halves are falling. there is some kind of energy spinning around his outstretched hand. (reminds me of kariya when he first revealed Messer to Byakuya) I suppose that could be the sword and he's spinning it in a circle. but i am willing to bet that the circle and the energy blast had something more to do with releasing the sword from it's sealed state. (if we think of the quincies like the bounto, as they are pretty similar, then they should both have this second level of release for their toys/dolls)

i can't wait for two chapters from now when chad pulls out a battle axe! lol

anyone else notice that the sword looks like a giant sewing needle? it has an eye where you should put the thread. i wonder if ishida will use some of the spirit threads he used to track ichigo before to sew Chiruchi a nurse outfit?? either that or something with cat ears!!

@Oberon: that's really good!! i love how he has two swords on his back!!
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 14:40   Link #12
Sazelyt
F i n

I don't know why but the sword Ishida took out made me recall Flame of Recca, the water sword being replaced with, most probably, a spirit sword here. If it is a spirit-based sword, then he might be able to extend its size depending on the situation, and it would make the sword become very handy against opponents like the current one.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 14:53   Link #13
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I don't know why but the sword Ishida took out made me recall Flame of Recca, the water sword being replaced with, most probably, a spirit sword here. If it is a spirit-based sword, then he might be able to extend its size depending on the situation, and it would make the sword become very handy against opponents like the current one.
If you think about it yeah very much like Flame of Recca. Actually does remind Mikagami's Madogu Ensui and Ishida does have a similar personality to him . But Mikagami was Kewler . But somehow I cant digest ishida with a saber ... kinda to much like a shinigami .... I always pictured quincies with a bow .... Hopefully that Banakai crack is not true
Old 2006-12-21, 17:44   Link #14
yuchan

The desert trio are just killin me. I can't get enough of them. So Ishida is bringing out his trump card already? Again, i disappointed he isn't as strong as i hoped he was. His arrow shots just seem to have gained numbers and not power. At least he has skill on his side. This manga needs someone with brains AND brawn. But that doesn't seem to work here.....goes to read Naruto.
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 17:51   Link #15
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
anyone else notice that the sword looks like a giant sewing needle? it has an eye where you should put the thread.
Well I pictured it , then made a Needle Crack . Too Bad I am not that good at drawing a Needle =_= but I am good at making crack so here goes

Old 2006-12-21, 18:04   Link #16
Wervy
Cutely Pervy

Ishida using bankai would be soooooo lame. Its bad enough the soul society arc is being partly rehashed so soon after it ended, but giving Ishida bankai would just show a HUGE lack of creativity. Hell if this arc ends with eeeeveryone of the good guys pulling a bankai out of their asses, and then Ichigo gaining somthing like a bankai lv.2 would make me just give this manga up.
Old 2006-12-21, 18:20   Link #17
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wervy;
Ishida using bankai would be soooooo lame. Its bad enough the soul society arc is being partly rehashed so soon after it ended, but giving Ishida bankai would just show a HUGE lack of creativity. Hell if this arc ends with eeeeveryone of the good guys pulling a bankai out of their asses, and then Ichigo gaining somthing like a bankai lv.2 would make me just give this manga up.
Actually leaving Ishida I dont mind Shinigami's getting Bankai . I would love to see Yumichika and Rangiku getting their resp Bankai . More the Banakai better for me . I do hope lot many Taichos Bankai's are shown I especially intrested in Yamaji's Bankai . Aizen's bankai is going to be weird or it wont be Bleach . Even Zaraki just knowing the name of his zanapkuto will be spectacular

Arrancars ( espada ) Second Release also intrests me a lot we have seen their Shikai ( Numeros Mostly ) and well it looks great . I am perticularly intrested in Ulqi's first Release hopefully by the time this arc finishes we are shown that .

Ichigo can and will have a second stage in Bankai when Bya can why cant Ichi , afterall he is a prodigy of sorts . But using this Bankai over and over again is simply boring and as you said total lack of creativity . Btw I would be delighted if they showed more of Hichigo and I am not talking about the mask ( controlled )

Spoiler for Bankai Count:
Old 2006-12-21, 20:18   Link #18
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

im pretty sure it has to be a sword, cz im pretty sure he mentioned that he is useless with anything but a bow and arrow (that or its the only weapon he can use, its the same thing)

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 22:02   Link #19
hdx514
馬甲

for someone capable of using ransotengai to control his own paralyzed body as a puppet to fight a captain, wielding a sword or any other weapon is really nothing. and ishida doesn't need bankai. sooner or later he'll be forced to go into ultimate mode again and that shit's way better than bankai.

even if weaklings like narcissist or bimbo or whoever somehow get premature bankais the best they could achieve would be to get toyed around by an average espada unreleased, or 1 hit k.o.ed by vaizard ichigo. they'll be able to handle small fries, but really, who gives a darn. even ichigo desperately needs his vaizard form, bankai ichigo's shit compared to that, and what is a VC compared to even shikai ichigo? instead of training for bankai, the shinigamis should really be begging the vaizards. after all, if aizen's hybridization could be matched with a short period of intense training, he would've just trained his hollows, instead of going through all the pain of stealing the houguyoku in the first place.
Old 2006-12-22, 02:58   Link #20
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Actually leaving Ishida I dont mind Shinigami's getting Bankai . I would love to see Yumichika and Rangiku getting their resp Bankai . More the Banakai better for me . I do hope lot many Taichos Bankai's are shown I especially intrested in Yamaji's Bankai . Aizen's bankai is going to be weird or it wont be Bleach . Even Zaraki just knowing the name of his zanapkuto will be spectacular

Arrancars ( espada ) Second Release also intrests me a lot we have seen their Shikai ( Numeros Mostly ) and well it looks great . I am perticularly intrested in Ulqi's first Release hopefully by the time this arc finishes we are shown that .

Ichigo can and will have a second stage in Bankai when Bya can why cant Ichi , afterall he is a prodigy of sorts . But using this Bankai over and over again is simply boring and as you said total lack of creativity . Btw I would be delighted if they showed more of Hichigo and I am not talking about the mask ( controlled )

Spoiler for Bankai Count:
Spoiler for missed one:

Man, I can't stop starting at that cover image of Chirucchi

PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote