AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Old 2006-12-22, 03:14   Link #21
ThoHell

LOL, too funny!

Everything about Ishida seems to revolve around sewing. Poor him and his fetish!
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 23:42   Link #22
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Well I pictured it , then made a Needle Crack . Too Bad I am not that good at drawing a Needle =_= but I am good at making crack so here goes

LOL OMG ROFL

that's hilarious! ishida is ridiculous! great job geta boshi!!

as to bankai's we haven't seen... logic would have it that since ikkaku has one, yachiru has one also
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 04:07   Link #23
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
as to bankai's we haven't seen... logic would have it that since ikkaku has one, yachiru has one also
I think that towards the end of the show, all of the current captains (of course) and the vice-captain will have fought with Bankai. And we can probably count in that guy in Zaraki´s division who is a narcissist aswell as Ichigo´s friends. (Maybe not a Bankai in the laters case but something equal.)

Although I would give a lot to see Inoue say "Bankai!"

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 08:14   Link #24
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

If even zaraki dosent have a sword release, it makes no sense that yachiru, who was similar to zaraki in that they did not take the squad test, would have a sword release.
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 18:03   Link #25
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
I think that towards the end of the show, all of the current captains (of course) and the vice-captain will have fought with Bankai. And we can probably count in that guy in Zaraki´s division who is a narcissist aswell as Ichigo´s friends. (Maybe not a Bankai in the laters case but something equal.)
Same here the more merrier . What would Vizards ( other than Ichi ) Shikai or bankai be like make you wonder considering the Power Up . Yachiru will have a Zanjutsu type Zanapkuto so her shikai and bankai wont be spectacular but on the lines of Renji or Ikaku

Quote:
Although I would give a lot to see Inoue say "Bankai!"
Maybe her Bankai would be like Dissapear from the Series Wishful thinking we are all prone to it
Old 2006-12-24, 18:07   Link #26
lommm
l'homme de lommm

not that our discussion has anything to do with ch257, but i've seen a theory on several jp forums and fansites for several months (in fact probably over a year now) that states that zaraki does have a shikai and a bankai, he just doesn't realize it. their theory: yachiru is his zanpakuto. much the way ichigo saw zangetsu and renji saw zabimaru, they theorize that he is seeing his zanpakuto, but he just doesn't realize it. (personally, i think it would be a million times cooler if we found out at some later date that zaraki is yachiru's bankai, but that will probably never happen)

anyway. how exactly is this sword going to help ishida? only if it's like the old zelda games where link could shoot energy blast versions of the master sword. otherwise ishida is going to have to get up right next to chiruchi. and if you think back to ss arc when inoue tried to change clothes in front of ishida, he doesn't do very well around scantily clad women.

lol at pesh trying to see her underwear lol

EDIT absolutely right, geta boshi!! i can't wait to see shinji's shikai and bankai!! think about it. he totally pawned grimjow without even releasing to shikai and he didn't even seem to flinch at all when ichigo was having trouble controlling vichigo. BTW, do vaizards inherently have bankai already? like, are they already in control of their zanpakutos enough to have bankai prior to gaining control of their hollows?
Old 2006-12-24, 18:30   Link #27
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
but i've seen a theory on several jp forums and fansites for several months (in fact probably over a year now) that states that zaraki does have a shikai and a bankai, he just doesn't realize it. their theory: yachiru is his zanpakuto. much the way ichigo saw zangetsu and renji saw zabimaru, they theorize that he is seeing his zanpakuto, but he just doesn't realize it. (personally, i think it would be a million times cooler if we found out at some later date that zaraki is yachiru's bankai, but that will probably never happen)
Really Fascinating Theory it would be sweet if Kubo reads those Jp forums and implements it . Possible why not the first Yachiru appears before Zaraki he has slain a lot many people with his zanpkuto maybe his shikai ?. In theory In Shikai mode you are transported to Zanapkuto world this goes against it . But the weilder being Zaraki you never know

Quote:
pesh trying to see her underwear lol
Pesh is funnier than Kon also Pawns Kon at Ero -ness

Quote:
I can't wait to see shinji's shikai and bankai!! think about it. he totally pawned grimjow without even releasing to shikai and he didn't even seem to flinch at all when ichigo was having trouble controlling vichigo. BTW, do vaizards inherently have bankai already? like, are they already in control of their zanpakutos enough to have bankai prior to gaining control of their hollows?
From what I have Heard Vizards are of taicho rank in terms of powere maybe even higher . So Bankai and Shikai are always in the Books . Shinji was toying around with Grim even without releasing that gives you an idea on the overall power
Old 2006-12-24, 19:56   Link #28
hdx514
馬甲

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
If even zaraki dosent have a sword release, it makes no sense that yachiru, who was similar to zaraki in that they did not take the squad test, would have a sword release.
look around mate, people are already bullshitting that rukai and every VC'll get bankai, even orihime who's not even frikken shinigami will get it. okay, so they're saying that yachiru is a zanpakutou, but hey, at least zanpakutous are closer to shinigamis than human orihime right? so what's to prevent yachiru from having one? hell she could even go vaizard, cause you know, soon these people'll realize it will take more than bankai to fight aizen's top dogs and they'll promtply start dreaming about vaizard rukia/renji/whoever (actually some has already started). i'm really envious, the crack kubo's feeding me, it ain't nothing compared to DA SHIT they're taking. you think it makes no sense? too bad. you're not smoking the right shit.
Old 2006-12-24, 22:10   Link #29
kagato3

Quote:
First Kenpachi's sword is like Ichigo's always in its Shikai release state, because he can't seal it Every translation of the manga and anime have stated so.

The translations from pages 14- 17 chp 109.
Quote:
Ichigo: is that why your not releaseing the seal on your soul cutter?
K:My sword has no name. this is the only form of my sword. I didn't put a seal on it. this is the true form of my soul cutter
I: oh yeah? good to know. so your sword won't get any stronger. so
K: so what? you're the one underestimating me.The reason why there's no seal is because my spiritual pressure is so strong that even the strongest seal won't do any good. so when I fight, I just hold back how hard i swing.

note: almost all shinigami refer to their shikai form as the True form of their sword and refer to their non released swords as being sealed. Kenpachi states his sword is both not sealed and in it's true form, both of which implies that it is in shikai mode. He goes on to state the even the strongest seals won't work on his sword, which also implies he has tryed to seal it or had someone with more knowlage look in to sealing it..
the translations in the anime are pretty much the same as the manga.

form the wilki entry on Kenpachi:
Quote:
Kenpachi Zaraki is the only captain of the Gotei 13 who so far is not able to perform the final release (bankai) of his zanpakutō. During his battle with Ichigo, Zaraki states that his spiritual power is so great that his zanpakutō is constantly released, though he does not know its name.[2] Zaraki always relies on his own strength to fight and does not believe in fighting alongside an ally (a zanpakutō would qualify as one). However, his own sheer power was enough for him to challenge the previous captain of the 11th Division and defeat him..

2. ^ Bleach Official Character Book SOULs; page 258.

Second It has never been stated that Yachiru, does not know the name of her zanpakutō in any of her bio material, while It is stated it in all of Kenpachi's. So she very likely has a Shikai form but may almost never use it as she sees it as "cheating" since it would be 2 on 1.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 00:34   Link #30
lommm
l'homme de lommm

true. stupid ikkaku. such a cheater. and yumichika's no better. "bloom fujikujaku!" hrmph.

anyway. is 238 still supposed to be this week? there's no break in bleach or jump before the end of the roman calendar, is there?
Old 2006-12-25, 02:43   Link #31
kagato3

I think last issue was a double issue for SJ. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If so then no new Bleach till after the first of the year.
Old 2006-12-25, 04:40   Link #32
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
She doesn't need something like a Bankai for this... it's her power to delete special events out of time... she could delete her own birth, then she would be gone..
Actually that was badly fragmented , Joke on my part what I meant to say was Orihime Gone from Bleach Series for Good . Like her Bankai makes her dissapear for Good . Aha my bad

Quote:
Maybe her Bankai would be like Dissapear from the Series Wishful thinking we are all prone to it
Old 2006-12-25, 05:57   Link #33
hdx514
馬甲

c257 is about ishida's fight with chirucci, why're people talking so much about some guy who has nothing to do with this chapter who admitted that he lost to ichigo like 10 volumes ago and hasn't done nothing but obey yamaji's orders lately? ishida in his ultimate form is the only one shown to flash kill bankai captain besides aizen. he totally pwns both kenpachi and shinigami ichigo. even rukia and renji had the guts to accompany ichigo into HM. frivolous decision or not it beats being the captain of the battle division and staying home

Quote:
AMEN, let's pray to god that the pesterous biatch orihime will soon commit suicide in despair using her BANKAI no less and ichigo won't even bother cause he's too busy training rukia goddess who will get first a kick-ass bankai, then vaizard form and become even more powerful than ichigo, never an A cup major burden in battle no more. ain't wishful thinking the sweetest thing in the world~
Old 2006-12-25, 10:17   Link #34
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
You shouldn't trust the translations too much. Kenpachi has no Shikai. If you don't wan't to change your opinion: Okay, we can't change it, but please stop telling this false information in every manga thread again.
Perhaps I would be more likely to change my opinion if it had only been from one source, but its the same basic translation from multiple magna groups and dub groups, I'll still need to confirm what was said in the Viz translation once I return home from xmas visits. And this isn't the only part that Implies that Kenpachi is in Shikai mode, ch 120 page 7 also has Ichigo claiming that Kenpachi was in shakai mode as well.
Quote:
Yoruichi: Have you ever noticed that your Zangetsu is always in it's released form?
Ichigo: Realy? So It's like Kenpachi's soul cutter? No wonder is's a lot Bigger than the other soul cutters and it won't cange shape when I call his name.
The Wilki entry for Kenpachi also claims that he is in released mode by a statement made in the Bleach Official Character Book SOULs page 258, I'm working on getting a copy to try to verify this. If this is correct then it is a fact that he is in Shikai mode, by word of god ( Kubo ) and this whole debate is pointless.

So far the only counter proof that Kenpachi is not in Shikai mode is that he does not know his swords name. Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not ever remember seeing it stated anywhere that the only way to release the seal on a soul cutter was to say the name of the sword. In fact we know this to be incorrect as shinigami that are of Bankai level are able to release the seal with out saying anything, and we don't know why they are able to do so. Is it because they are more in tuned whit thier sword or is it because they are able to draw in more power and that in turn breaks the seal? If its the second reason then it is not only quite possable for Kenpachi to be unreleased it is down right likely that he would have always have been unreleased given his monsterous power level.
Old 2006-12-25, 11:18   Link #35
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

@The Small One

That´s how I remember it aswell. As long as Kenpachi can´t hear his swords name he won´t be able to use shikai nor bankai. But over time I´m expecting for Kenpachi aswell to use shikai and bankai.

------------------------

Is Ishida and his father, by the way, exceptionally strong for a Quincy? If they´re not it feels like a plot-hole for Soul Society to be able to eradicate almost every single one of the Quincy´s and still maintaining control over the hollow-situation.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 18:21   Link #36
hdx514
馬甲

Quote:
It was stated several times, that the only way to get to Shikai is to know your swords name.
actually, that's true for most zanpakutous, but does not apply to kenpachi because his zanpakutou belongs to a very special class: 常时解放型, or permanently released type or whatever they're calling it in English. souls databook, under kenpachi's entry, check the following out for yourself

Quote:
斬魄刀は常に【始解】状態を保ち続ける「常時解放型」だが

that says his zanpakutou is of 常時解放 type and constantly remains in shikai mode

Quote:
Is Ishida and his father, by the way, exceptionally strong for a Quincy? If they´re not it feels like a plot-hole for Soul Society to be able to eradicate almost every single one of the Quincy´s and still maintaining control over the hollow-situation.
ishida's dad is most definitely a great quincy genius. ishida himself used a high level technique ransotengai which mayuri had never seen from the thousands of quincies he experimented upon, and ishida's just a kid (talking about real kid here, not a fake one like hitsugaya). mayuri acknowledged ishida's genius, yet ryuken said ishida had no talent.

obviously ishida's grandpa should be a decent quincy but he's is totally rubbish compared to his own son. first, he didn't know there's a way to recover from the ultimate quincy state. otherwise he wouldn't have made a promise with ishida in the first place. second, he trained ishida for YEARS, and ryuken made ishida go from no power to stronger than before in a month.

also, unlike shinigamis, quincies rely on the surrounding environment in battle. ishida did well in S.S., but if the war against quincies were fought on earth, where spiriton density is much lower, then it would be a totally different senario. thing is, even if a quincy enters ultimate form, he'll have little spiritons to absorb. it's kind of like the bountos.
Old 2006-12-25, 20:28   Link #37
kagato3

hdx514 Thank you for confirming the SOUls information. I think we can finaly put to rest this debate and Kenpachi is in fact in Shikai mode, although I dobut he can fully use it since he is completely out of sync with his soul cutter.

---------------------------------------

On to the new chapter, I do think that Ishida's new "swords" look quite a bit like his bankai killer arrows from the SS arc. I'm almost willing to bet we will see him pulling a move out of Fate, when archer was shooting swords from his bow at beserker. I do wonder if they are tools to store spirt energy allowing him to still shoot the bankai killer arrows, but limits the number of useages by makeing him have to recharge them out side of battle since he persumably can't do his One Winged Angle mode any more.
Old 2006-12-26, 02:20   Link #38
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

If he is in constant shikai then its pretty sad. That means his shikai is equivalent to nothing, because he isnt able to use any of its special ability anyway, and breaking all the fans hopes of a uber shikai :/. Then how did he release it in the first place?
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 22:25   Link #39
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
If he is in constant shikai then its pretty sad. That means his shikai is equivalent to nothing, because he isnt able to use any of its special ability anyway, and breaking all the fans hopes of a uber shikai :/.
Sad? He has a shikai capable of defeating some captains' bankai and he can't even use the full ability of that because he doesn't know the name of his zanpakutou. Imagine how overpowered he'd be if he knew how to fully use his shikai, much less had a bankai.

Quote:
Then how did he release it in the first place?
I think it was stated that due to the sheer amount of Zaraki's reiatsu, his blade is always in a released state, similar to Ichigo's.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 00:18   Link #40
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I think it was stated that due to the sheer amount of Zaraki's reiatsu, his blade is always in a released state, similar to Ichigo's.
Yet even Ichigo had to learn Zangetsu's name in order to get his shikai. There seems to be a discrepancy here, if you want to follow that argument.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote