AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 98 66.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 23.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 7.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.68%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-24, 12:22   Link #121
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Kawasumi Mai doesn't seem like the type of person who has ever gone to a ball before this...

Yes, and Sayuri, Mai, and Yuuichi knew they were going to the ball...when? Two days before the ball itself? I hardly think there's enough time for classes
2 days should be enough to learn some basic steps from Sayuri who probably knew some steps. Just guessing from her background. This wasn't the first ball for that school so they had 2 years to learn something. But I agree that Mai doesn't seem like the type to go to dancing classes and Yuichi did know some of the steps. It also seemed that he went with no intention of dancing. Shame on him.
Old 2006-12-24, 12:32   Link #122
martino
makes no files now

Fighting and dancing might have something similar...
Old 2006-12-24, 12:34   Link #123
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
2 days should be enough to learn some basic steps from Sayuri who probably knew some steps. Just guessing from her background. This wasn't the first ball for that school so they had 2 years to learn something. But I agree that Mai doesn't seem like the type to go to dancing classes and Yuichi did know some of the steps. It also seemed that he went with no intention of dancing. Shame on him.
It also seemed to me that Mai probably went with no intention of dancing, either. At the very least, she would not have asked Sayuri for lessons, and Sayuri, being the good girl that she is, would not have forced lessons on Mai either...unless Yuuichi initiated such an action in the first place, then she would have played along with it most likely.

In any case, the fact they ended up dancing at all was probably just an idea Yuuichi, Aizawa Yuuichi, pulled out of what must have been his perfectly-formed ass.

Spoiler for another thing for the joke OVA I hope KyoAni will release after the series is over:

By the way, ever noticed that Yuuichi leading Mai in the dance is kind of a metaphor for his relationship between both Mai and Sayuri? He always has to initiate and take the lead, and both girls follow his lead. You never see Sayuri tease Mai all by herself, for one thing. She always HAS to do it when Yuuichi is around.
Old 2006-12-24, 12:35   Link #124
orion

It's all repetition in the end. (That was actually a reply for martino's entry. Ascaloth beat me in with lightening fast typing skills. )

Yeah, Yuichi does initiate alot with those 2. They need to be more independent imo.
Old 2006-12-24, 12:37   Link #125
Ascaloth

'Tis.

EDIT:

Quote:
Spoiler for another thing for the joke OVA I hope KyoAni will release after the series is over:
And you know, I only realised that word could have had a double meaning after I posted it.
Old 2006-12-24, 12:43   Link #126
orion

I noticed it after I read it.
Old 2006-12-24, 12:44   Link #127
Ascaloth

Ah, the perils of having a glass of sweet red wine after dinner...you never quite know what you're going to type afterwards.
Old 2006-12-24, 12:47   Link #128
orion

Quote:
Ah, the perils of having a glass of sweet red wine after dinner...you never quite know what you're going to type afterwards.
Well, I'm cleaning a cat litter box. No problems here.

Still got to wonder how they are choosing their classical music? Does anyone know what this one was?
Old 2006-12-24, 12:49   Link #129
Ascaloth

You mean the music they were dancing to?

I thought it was covered earlier. Tchaikovsky's "Once Upon A Dream". Yes, the same one Disney used for Sleeping Beauty.

And it's 2AM, so I'm going to lay off beating orion down with my "lightning fast typing skills" and go to bed. Nighty night.
Old 2006-12-24, 12:54   Link #130
orion

Quote:
You mean the music they were dancing to?

I thought it was covered earlier. Tchaikovsky's "Once Upon A Dream". Yes, the same one Disney used for Sleeping Beauty.

And it's 2AM, so I'm going to lay off beating orion down with my "lightning fast typing skills" and go to bed. Nighty night.

Oh, that makes sense now. I only remember the dancing and not the music from Sleeping Beauty. I am humbled yet again by lightening fast typing skills. Nighty night. Happy Holidays.
Old 2006-12-24, 15:58   Link #131
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 23 View Post
Actually that's unfair. He did give this episode a 5. He must have really liked it! ;-)
I am not so sure - after all he listed Kanon in Worst animes that deserve to be used as frisbees thread
Old 2006-12-24, 16:29   Link #132
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

Why are we so fixated on one person's opinion of Kanon? I mean, really, I'm not going to let what someone else thinks of the series ruin my own enjoyment of it.
Old 2006-12-24, 17:09   Link #133
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am not so sure - after all he listed Kanon in Worst animes that deserve to be used as frisbees thread
You know, you shouldn't even bother looking at threads like that. It'll only make your frustration reach new heights I AM browsing that thread from time to time Well, I've seen many of my favorites being brought up as crap, so seeing Kanon 2006 there, too, was no big surprise
Old 2006-12-24, 17:57   Link #134
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Why are we so fixated on one person's opinion of Kanon? I mean, really, I'm not going to let what someone else thinks of the series ruin my own enjoyment of it.
Because it's fun.

I'm going to that thread to see what other series I like is in it.

Edit: Here's an update.

Last edited by orion; 2006-12-24 at 18:24.
Old 2006-12-24, 18:06   Link #135
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
You know, you shouldn't even bother looking at threads like that. It'll only make your frustration reach new heights I AM browsing that thread from time to time Well, I've seen many of my favorites being brought up as crap, so seeing Kanon 2006 there, too, was no big surprise
well opinions differ from person to person...what one might find as a masterpiece is another's trash ~ better to ignore them...or just join them if the first option isnt available

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-24, 18:09   Link #136
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

There's also the Most overrated anime thread somewhere, I'd bet someone is bound to have Kanon 2006 in there eventually. For all the mod preaching, threads such as those should be closed, they're flamebait generating threads if you ask me.
Old 2006-12-24, 18:28   Link #137
orion

Hey, don't let it get to you. Series with loads of vocal fans always get negative responses too.

Besides Kanon is in the same list as Eva, FLCL and Lain. That thread really is interesting.

Last edited by orion; 2006-12-24 at 18:39.
Old 2006-12-24, 21:10   Link #138
superzombie23

I thought episode 12 was amazing. I wonder what's going to happen to Mai after that statement from that douche bag? Everyone saw the people flying and Sayuri even felt the blow of it, so I don't think her punishment will be supported by everyone.
Old 2006-12-25, 05:38   Link #139
orion

She has a history of property destruction. She's the school outcast. She took out at least 3 tables. She put a hole in an expensive floor that's carpeted. She brought a weapon onto campus and used it. Now, they have witnesses. Before, they didn't.

No one is going to admit that some "invisible" creature knocked Sayuri to the wall besides Yuichi.

You're suppose to take these fights outside so as not to harm anyone else or other property.

She's goin' down.

Is she 18 yet? Maybe, they can charge her as an adult.

Last edited by orion; 2006-12-25 at 05:52.
Old 2006-12-25, 06:34   Link #140
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
using one's backstory as an argument of this kind of case is most likely a cheap excuse than a real reasoning.

while people would be unlikely to believe some "unknown" forces are behind the mess, it is rather ridiculous to consider one's guilty, while that person responded to the mess, and was absolutely not the cause. (not only the timing is wrong, but the possibility for someone doing this, while being somewhere else is simply enough to break down such statement)

but if we see kuze's reaction, he will likely charge mai for the whole disaster, no matter how foolish it is -_-
Closed Thread