AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-17, 01:30   Link #541
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
There's no doubt what sells is what stays on the magazine, such as is the case here.

There's also no doubt that Shounen Jump's readers have NO TASTE
Well, SJ is not for tastes. Among other magazines by the same publisher, I'll say Jump Square's quality is better. Since it doesn't move as much copies, SJ is needed to fuel the rest of the department. That's the only reason I can think of.

Within SJ, you'll only catch me actively reading D.Gray-man. From time to time, bits of the three Kings. But, that's all.
Old 2008-05-17, 12:06   Link #542
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
99 is out....no way is that the end...if thats the last chapter its so....its nothing lol
Old 2008-05-17, 14:13   Link #543
Umaibo

It IS the end, indicated by, "please look forward to ___ sensei's next work."
Old 2008-05-17, 14:24   Link #544
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Sensei's next work is going to be chapter 100! Followed by a thousand more!

Because the Nile isn't just an Egyptian river.
Old 2008-05-17, 22:58   Link #545
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by usopsama View Post
It IS the end, indicated by, "please look forward to ___ sensei's next work."
i hope that next work is 100 where it time skips to gold plate....it just doesnt seem like a ending. its fine for a chapter ending, but not a manga ending.
Old 2008-05-18, 08:32   Link #546
vio5555

I have to say, I think there's some misplaced judgment in here.

I think Mx0 peaked in the arc where he was in the cave with the two chicks. Right after that the story started to devolve into a "test of the week" type of scenario where not much really happened until he started to develop the card and then he only got 10% of the black magic which leaves you to wonder whether they would have made that a new set of "10% trial of the month" kind of scenario. Maybe I'm selectively remembering this, but the impression I've gotten has been less than flattering and I'm sure its similar for other people.

Mx0 was great when it was actually developing him and his classmates as well as Lucy, which literally seemed to stop for me after that cave arc. As soon as they stopped developing him and the girls in the later chapters, I sort of lost interest. It started to get almost too predictable for me in a bad way I guess, so I wasn't too surprised to hear it was getting cancelled even though I was unhappy with the result.

People compared it to To Love Ru and are upset that Mx0 is being cancelled, but at least To Love Ru is developing the characters continually and slowly whereas Mx0, I got the feeling like the two girls had totally been left out of the story.

I mean seriously, what was that random chapter 96 or something where literally nothing happened except a bunch of random girls had their boobs enlarged. It didn't even happen in a comedic kind of ecchi way like I expected. Their boobs just got larger and they fell asleep or something.

Surely there are far worse mangas in WSJ so I'm as unhappy with the cancellation since I only read 3 of them (now down to 1, should be easily guessable which 3 I read ;p), but I really think that Mx0 lost its way which is rather sad.

Hopefully, he'll take that into consideration in the next manga he works on and manages to keep developing the characters with the story.
Old 2008-05-18, 08:38   Link #547
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
Surely there are far worse mangas in WSJ so I'm as unhappy with the cancellation since I only read 3 of them (now down to 1, should be easily guessable which 3 I read ;p), but I really think that Mx0 lost its way which is rather sad.
Give Double Arts a try if you haven't.
Old 2008-05-18, 09:12   Link #548
d-one

Quote:
haha I almost never read the big three anymore but still read Gintama 'cause it really good

Quote:
Hopefully, he'll take that into consideration in the next manga he works on and manages to keep developing the characters with the story.
yeah I hope so too. He have a potential to make a good manga
Old 2008-05-18, 10:19   Link #549
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

^ and he has a bad streak for butchering endings(except snow in the dark, which despite a one shot, brought a truly spectacular end - albeit a tragic one)

though i blame the publishers, not him.
Old 2008-05-18, 23:16   Link #550
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
I have to say, I think there's some misplaced judgment in here.

I think Mx0 peaked in the arc where he was in the cave with the two chicks. Right after that the story started to devolve into a "test of the week" type of scenario where not much really happened until he started to develop the card and then he only got 10% of the black magic which leaves you to wonder whether they would have made that a new set of "10% trial of the month" kind of scenario. Maybe I'm selectively remembering this, but the impression I've gotten has been less than flattering and I'm sure its similar for other people.

Mx0 was great when it was actually developing him and his classmates as well as Lucy, which literally seemed to stop for me after that cave arc. As soon as they stopped developing him and the girls in the later chapters, I sort of lost interest. It started to get almost too predictable for me in a bad way I guess, so I wasn't too surprised to hear it was getting cancelled even though I was unhappy with the result.

People compared it to To Love Ru and are upset that Mx0 is being cancelled, but at least To Love Ru is developing the characters continually and slowly whereas Mx0, I got the feeling like the two girls had totally been left out of the story.

I mean seriously, what was that random chapter 96 or something where literally nothing happened except a bunch of random girls had their boobs enlarged. It didn't even happen in a comedic kind of ecchi way like I expected. Their boobs just got larger and they fell asleep or something.

I agree after the cave arc the series it stop developing the characters and it became more of a Taiga being in a "test of the week", kinda lost it's appeal aftwards. Really wished the character were more developed by that didn't happened same goes with the romance which was rather weak.
Old 2008-05-19, 07:34   Link #551
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Perhaps it was losing it's edge after the cave arc but it still didn't make this manga any less entertaining. I was really enjoying it and they were finally going to get somewhere with the characters from the whole manga got axed........
Old 2008-05-19, 09:21   Link #552
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

DANG ANOTHER HANGING END sheesh but still i really wish a really good sequel to it hehehehe
Old 2008-05-19, 16:03   Link #553
LegendsEnd

Arg; why must all the ecchi manga with oversized cow breasts sway the opinion of japanese readers This was definitely one of my top 3 along with ubel blatt and negima.
Old 2008-05-19, 23:02   Link #554
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendsEnd View Post
Arg; why must all the ecchi manga with oversized cow breasts sway the opinion of japanese readers This was definitely one of my top 3 along with ubel blatt and negima.
Negima is pretty ecchi though.
Old 2008-05-20, 15:33   Link #555
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist

negima fan serve stylish underwear more

do Mx0 author have a homepage or what?want to track him/her new movement
Old 2008-07-08, 16:53   Link #556
Ferozban

hiho,
can someone translate this 2 page Mx0 omake from volume 5.
So far no one translated it while all the other omakes are translated.
i can't translate it but i can edit it.
your help is very appreciated.
i will upload it on mangatraders after its done.

thx fwd
Old 2008-09-06, 05:57   Link #557
Dark Mage

The ending sucked. So many unanswered questions were left like
did he get the gold plate?
did Hiragi get to see her mother?
did kuzumi clear the last 9 levels for MO?
He didnt even get to confess to Hiragi
To me it seemed like he set up the ending as a start for another season r is it just me hoping that a sequel will come out?
Has there been talks of any sequel?
Old 2008-09-06, 06:44   Link #558
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
^ No answers to that since Jump canceled Mx0 prematurely.

There won't be any sequel. It got canned because it had a low ranking among shounen jump manga.

And the author won't jump ship to another publisher because of the contract with shounen jump.
Old 2008-09-06, 06:58   Link #559
Dark Mage

shit the readers there have no taste
Old 2008-09-06, 08:32   Link #560
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well cancled mean temporarily stopped wich means it not yet doen right???
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, magic