AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Old 2008-01-06, 18:40   Link #141
MemoryDragon

I have to disagree with whoever said that there's no point in watching the animation if you haven't played the game. I'm a long time fan of the Tales series... but have unfortunately never been able to play Symphonia due to the fact it was on a different system. XP Since it would have been the only game I'd play on the game cube, I thought it hardly worth the buy. Since I really liked the ToP animation, I figured this one would be pretty good too.

I haven't found the plot of the animation confusing at all. In fact, I've rather enjoyed it. <3 I just hope they'll do more of the games. Get some of the ones that weren't availble to those of us in the US out there.

Though... my favourite still by far is still the orginal Tales of Phantasia. It's the story that moved me the most. Symphonia's got it's good points too though. I wish I could play. ^^ Maybe now that gamecubes can be gotten fairly cheap, I'll pick one up...
MemoryDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 20:06   Link #142
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
It might even be better to watch it without playing the games. No expectations. ^^ You can also play GC games on the Wii, for reference.

(I've always secretly and hopelessly wished for a Legendia animation. )
Old 2008-01-06, 22:23   Link #143
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Did enjoy the game on the gamecube. Luckily could borrow a friend's and burn through it. Though you can only fit so much in a 13 episode series it's been pretty good. Would probably put this one right up there in favourite Tales series.

Will be looking forward to the next part anyways.
Old 2008-01-08, 02:59   Link #144
MemoryDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
(I've always secretly and hopelessly wished for a Legendia animation. )
I'm totally with you on that one, heh. ^^ I'm game for all of them though. Especially a real version of Eternia... Hopefully if they're all popular, eh?
MemoryDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 07:15   Link #145
ochibi77

it's a wonderfull anime ova (the four of them XD)

I hope they do the tethe'alla part too ^^ (there hasn't been any news 'bout it right?)
ochibi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 08:13   Link #146
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

No news yet, but they made it seem like it was only a matter of time before the announcement would come.
Old 2008-05-11, 12:53   Link #147
Hakuryu
Klutz

Soo...any news on the upcoming episodes or is it still too soon. ^^;
Old 2008-05-11, 12:59   Link #148
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I love Tales of Symphonia, without a doubt my all time favorite game. But, despite the great animation quality of the OVA's, I'm not happy with the story telling, and how they amp'd up Collete's relationship with Lloyd... and why was there no Presea? Blasphemy!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 13:09   Link #149
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I love Tales of Symphonia, without a doubt my all time favorite game. But, despite the great animation quality of the OVA's, I'm not happy with the story telling, and how they amp'd up Collete's relationship with Lloyd... and why was there no Presea? Blasphemy!
Same here. This is, by far, my favorite game. The anime could have been longer, that way it wouldn't have been so rushed. And I think Colette's and Lloyd's relationship wouldn't have seemed more.
I think there are supposed to be 4 more episodes focusing on Tethe'alla reigon, where we should see Presea and Regal. But I'm wondering when it'll be released. ;_;
Old 2008-05-12, 01:27   Link #150
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I wanted to see the flustered blushing Shihna err.. Sheena , when shes around Lloyd, particularily when she thought Lloyd agreed to marry her, lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 16:49   Link #151
Maxtro

Does anybody have any information as to if/when the next batch of episodes will come out? Tales of Symphonia 2 was released about a week ago in Japan and it will come out in the US in November. I hope to be caught up with the story by then.

I did play the game several years ago and it's very ironic that in the game I got to the same part where the anime ended, thanks to my little brother who deleted my save file.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 18:02   Link #152
FireChick

I love this OVA! I only have 2 episodes to watch to finish it. I wanna play the game, but I don't have a GameCube nor do I have any experience with one at all.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 19:02   Link #153
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Sadly, still no info on a continuance. Believe me, I'm waiting... perhaps not so patiently.
Old 2008-09-24, 06:38   Link #154
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ject-green-lit

Finally! For everyone who said it wasn't going to happen, nyah. :P
Old 2008-09-24, 12:54   Link #155
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Darn still just OVAs...Oh well aslong as Presea gets more then a 5 second role I'll be content...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:38   Link #156
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
I am so relieved that they are making a continuation of the OVA. I mean if they had stop with the Sylverant arc, it would have left a bad taste in my mouth for ending it without curing Collette.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 05:48   Link #157
ershin

Um... sequel means is a new ova, right? I mean a new title? And not ep5+?
ershin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 12:05   Link #158
kasumicc

It's a new OVA, but just by name. Technically, you could take it as ep 5+.
Yay for the new OVA! I want Zelos

In Symphonia's case, I don't think it's necessary to play the game first. In fact, I got hooked with ToS after watching the OVA! That made me want to get the game and play it.
While it's true that there are too many things left out, the story was quite well explained. On the other side, I feel grateful for playing the game before watching the Phantasia OVAs; those ones were too rushed, and a little confusing.

I would be dreaming too much, but I 'd like to see a nice single little OVA based on ToS2 =) But that can wait. Tethe'alla's first!
kasumicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 17:52   Link #159
Gunbladeuser
Trace... ON!

I seriously wonder why they did not produce more than just OVAs für Tales of Symphonia...
Imo the OVAs are too rushed and try to cover too much story in too little time.
Gunbladeuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 10:21   Link #160
TheCaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryDragon View Post
I have to disagree with whoever said that there's no point in watching the animation if you haven't played the game. I'm a long time fan of the Tales series... but have unfortunately never been able to play Symphonia due to the fact it was on a different system. XP Since it would have been the only game I'd play on the game cube, I thought it hardly worth the buy. Since I really liked the ToP animation, I figured this one would be pretty good too.

I haven't found the plot of the animation confusing at all. In fact, I've rather enjoyed it. <3 I just hope they'll do more of the games. Get some of the ones that weren't availble to those of us in the US out there.

Though... my favourite still by far is still the orginal Tales of Phantasia. It's the story that moved me the most. Symphonia's got it's good points too though. I wish I could play. ^^ Maybe now that gamecubes can be gotten fairly cheap, I'll pick one up...
I don't believe you have to play the games either, I never have and I am enjoying Tales of the Abyss very much. I am not a big video gamer anymore so I will probably never play the games, but I will watch and enjoy the anime! Can't wait for episode 17 baby!
TheCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote