AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

Old 2007-04-16, 20:53   Link #441
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well, yeah everyone dies. If you mean of old age, then it is not tragic. The surviving partner will not be that much longer.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 20:55   Link #442
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Well, yeah everyone dies. If you mean of old age, then it is not tragic. The surviving partner will not be that much longer.
Unless she's an immortal undead.
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 21:02   Link #443
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Lol we went from this show, to lamune, to love stories in general, to this again. Haha.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 21:23   Link #444
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

"If you mean of old age, then it is not tragic. The surviving partner will not be that much longer."

Interesting point of view.... check with you again in 40 years and we'll see how 'not tragic' it is
Old 2007-04-16, 21:31   Link #445
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Lol we went from this show, to lamune, to love stories in general, to this again. Haha.
Guess that there are too many things going on with this anime ^^ .
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 21:40   Link #446
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I just watched the second episode.

If it wasn't for the fact my wife would hate it, I would totally love to have a ceiling like that. I always dreamed of having a house that was partially sunk into the side of a lake (I grew up at Lake Tahoe) so I could have a big window in my bedroom and see out into the water.

Last edited by rooboy; 2007-04-16 at 22:25.
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 22:21   Link #447
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I confess I was a bit on the fence after the first ep - I liked it, but my slate is pretty crowded this season (lots of intriguing shows). But the second was note perfect - every line of dialogue, every background, every cut, every action sequence, every slice of background music. I can't tell you just exactly why, but that struck me as 23 minutes of sheer brilliance, and I'm officially hooked as of now.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 22:29   Link #448
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

And it just struck me, the last part of that post could have been taken from the Petopeto-San boards... The tone is obviously different, but there's something shared there - an unhurried willingness to explore these characters in depth, merely for the moments of beauty that generates - let things like plot and action follow at their own pace.
Old 2007-04-16, 22:30   Link #449
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
(There's still the HD release for those with 2 ghz plus computers.)
Or with CoreAVC installed. I speak from experience, AMD 1.5 gHz and it eats HD releases for breakfast.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 23:32   Link #450
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I confess I was a bit on the fence after the first ep - I liked it, but my slate is pretty crowded this season (lots of intriguing shows). But the second was note perfect - every line of dialogue, every background, every cut, every action sequence, every slice of background music. I can't tell you just exactly why, but that struck me as 23 minutes of sheer brilliance, and I'm officially hooked as of now.
For me, the reason was largely that the three one-dimensional characters (Rei-clone, imouto, and osananajimi) had only bit-parts, in favor of the real characters. Though I would not go so far as 'perfect' or 'brilliance'.
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 00:22   Link #451
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Spoiler for saving space:

The following is based on [Doremi]'s fansub, hence my "lateness" in making this post.

Random Thoughts on Ep02:
  • Several things went through my mind when Matsuri did that hang-time. From Michael Jordan to the song, "I Believe I Can Fly".
  • I found it interesting that Takeshi is keeping Matsuri out of Mayuko's sight. Mayuko is well-aware of what Takeshi is hunting, so the most plausible reason to do so is because Mayuko knows Matsuri, but doesn't know that Matsuri is the "Night Plague".

That would be a rather interesting development, and an eventual explanation on the relationship between Matsuri and Mayuko would be welcomed.
  • Where the heck does Takeshi sleep anyway? Or is it going to be one of those, "We leave it up to your imagination" kind of scenarios?
  • Matsuri's power seems to be accelerated decay. If we tie this to her comment to Yorito (about eventually hating her), what if things around her passively decay at an accelerated rate (just not as fast as when she actively uses it)? It would befit her title of "Plague of the Night".

Continuing on that note, what if Matsuri's presence hastens Aono's condition? Making Aono closer to her death-bed would certainly trigger all sorts of angst in Yorito. His sister, or his potential lover.
  • Also, what fuels Matsuri's immortality? In most storylines, short of being a God, immortality usually requires some sort of sacrifice. What if Matsuri requires the draining of lifespans to fuel her's?

I highly doubt there is no catch with her immortality. I will probably come back to this plot point in future episodes.
  • I'm wondering why the previews are called previews.
  • Going on a tangent here, but I have noticed from the ED and promotional artwork that Aono seems to get a lot of presence. I guess she is going to play an important role later on?
Yes, I am aware that [Doremi] chose "Calamity of the Night", but I prefer Omni's usage of "Plague of the Night" as it sounds more poetic, and rolls better on the tongue. Also, "Plague" has the ominous meaning of the European "Black Death" that wiped out around half or more of Europe's population. With Takeshi's grim tone in saying it, I feel "Plague" lends more weight to his description.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-17, 01:06   Link #452
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And it just struck me, the last part of that post could have been taken from the Petopeto-San boards... The tone is obviously different, but there's something shared there - an unhurried willingness to explore these characters in depth, merely for the moments of beauty that generates - let things like plot and action follow at their own pace.
yes... I can see the petopetosan influence in story development so the second ep was extreme win for me.

Tragic or not, this *looks* like its going to go well (fingers crossed that they avoid any derail).
Old 2007-04-17, 03:08   Link #453
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Well, it's slated for only 12 episodes, hope Sola doesn't jump the shark in the middle with some random plot point (little sister heaven in Petopeto-san).

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 03:29   Link #454
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

that would be the derail concern... hopefully the writer learned a bit about story focus since then...
Old 2007-04-17, 15:30   Link #455
New/Old
Old to the New

I most certainly hope so, Vexx. Ah but it shall come, it shall come when the course of time arrives at the exact intersection of airing and subbing.
Old 2007-04-17, 15:38   Link #456
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Episodes 1 and 2 were quite greedy of avatar material, but.. just a little bit of Matsuri goodness

Old 2007-04-17, 18:53   Link #457
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yes, that was surely the flaw in Petopeto-san - not coincidentally when they seemingly got too concerned with having a definable "plot" and strayed away from the leisurely insanity of the first arc. I never stopped loving it dearly, but there's no doubt it sagged in the middle. Let's hope Sola doesn't go down that road.
Old 2007-04-17, 18:59   Link #458
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone Send a message via Skype™ to Anacone

<<-- Does my gif work ?

<<-- Why my gif, won't upload fully? Strange eh...it should be that...

eh...So why size is different?

Ah...got it...eh was 2px too wide... me me

Last edited by Anacone; 2007-04-17 at 19:31.
Anacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 21:12   Link #459
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Wait, so now we have 2 OPs and 1 ED? What are the names of the songs. I'm sorry if someone already posted this before.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 21:40   Link #460
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
There is 2 OPs (the second one is permanent) and 1 ED (which I already ripped into .mp3). As for their titles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Opening themes
"Sensitive Scenery" (敏感な風景, Binkan na Fūkei) by Ceui (episode 1)
"Colorless Wind" by Aira Yuhki

Ending theme
"Mellow Melody" by Ceui
As for avatars and sigs, I definitely need one, the Doven Wolf isn't cutting it >_> .
kct is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, nomad, romance, seinen, supernatural