AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-12-27, 07:01   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
UB storage system installation

i bought my mom a MP# player for christmas, this morning i tried to put some music on it for her, but when i plug it in i do not get the usual pop up sreen that shows the MP3 player window, in fact when i go to this computer i see no new devices at all

a little pop up from Wizard came up saying it would look for updates / installation running programs for the device, i entered the small cd that came with the MP3 player.. though wondering why i should be doing it cause the cd is for windows 98 and ME, while i am using Windows XP and never ha such trouble with ym own mp3 player, it simply pops up a window showing my files etc. Wizar says something like this " there is a problem with the installation of this hardware.. a error occured during the installation .. a service installation section in this INF file isnt right or something like that.. "

well i let windows look for the cd for the installation but ti wasnt capable of installing.. i tried to look the setup up myself, finding it, installing it but after rebooting still nothing happens.. when i go to my device bla screenie it shows a yellow " ! " mark and says that the program is uses isnt correctly installed, showing a function to install again.. though it dosnt work either..

anyone have any clue on how i can install this thing correctly?

-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 10:14   Link #2
ShinNoNoir
Nothing to see, move it.

I had a weird problem with my mp3 player when i upgraded to a new computer, it would mount the drive, but only in USB1, USB2 was yellow, so the transfer speed was quite slow. I dunno if it's similar/related to the problem you have, what i would try is unhook the player first, delete the yellow entry from the device list, reboot, rehook the player and see what the wizard says. I was only able to fix my problem doing the upgrade from USB1 to USB2 on WINXP if the device was actually hooked to the computer, i needed the CD that came with the motherboard, hope it might help in some way. Good luck ^_^
ShinNoNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 10:24   Link #3
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Sometimes (USB related) it is necessary to install the drivers first, then restart and then plug in the device (at least my blue tooth adapter was one of these devices).
Old 2006-12-27, 10:24   Link #4
Syaoran
Contemplating Naruto

Use the mobo drivers for USB.

If no change after reboaot, I'd try to see if the CD that came with the MP3 player has drivers.
Most likely you'll need a special program on the MP3 player's CD to load music onto it and not drag & drop using Windows Explorer.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 06:51   Link #5
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinNoNoir View Post
I had a weird problem with my mp3 player when i upgraded to a new computer, it would mount the drive, but only in USB1, USB2 was yellow, so the transfer speed was quite slow. I dunno if it's similar/related to the problem you have, what i would try is unhook the player first, delete the yellow entry from the device list, reboot, rehook the player and see what the wizard says. I was only able to fix my problem doing the upgrade from USB1 to USB2 on WINXP if the device was actually hooked to the computer, i needed the CD that came with the motherboard, hope it might help in some way. Good luck ^_^
i deleted the yelow doted one, rebooted and plugged in but Wizar then pops up again looking for hardware to run it and fails to do so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
Use the mobo drivers for USB.

If no change after reboaot, I'd try to see if the CD that came with the MP3 player has drivers.
Most likely you'll need a special program on the MP3 player's CD to load music onto it and not drag & drop using Windows Explorer.

1. what are mobo drivers o.o;
2. yes i think the cd doesnt have anything, basicly because its for windows ME / 98 and not for XP, even the little booklet says that to get the mp3 player to work on your pc just plug it in >.> i swear ill burn that booklet one day
Old 2006-12-29, 14:14   Link #6
Wervy
Cutely Pervy

If your talking about those chinese players you can get off ebay, its pretty well buggered. Most likely the thing had a fake capacity and when you loaded it all up, to the brink of the fake capacity, the firmware got screwed up and it will no longer be able to play anything and the only use of it would be as a usb storange device.
Old 2006-12-29, 16:38   Link #7
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wervy View Post
If your talking about those chinese players you can get off ebay, its pretty well buggered. Most likely the thing had a fake capacity and when you loaded it all up, to the brink of the fake capacity, the firmware got screwed up and it will no longer be able to play anything and the only use of it would be as a usb storange device.
first off i got no idea on what youre trying to say.. o.o;

this mp3 player isnt even made in china nor did i get it from ebay.. i got the same problem with the usb stick i got for school, it works at school, popping up as soon as i put it in (mac or windows, doesnt matter) while at home nothing shows except Wizard being an ass saying it needs something to make magic happen..

at the moment i cant check if it works at school, cause i got holiday.. shcools closed but i am crtain it works..
Old 2006-12-29, 19:08   Link #8
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

May I ask what Service Pack is installed on your Windows XP?
Old 2006-12-30, 07:36   Link #9
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
i got the same problem with the usb stick i got for school, it works at school, popping up as soon as i put it in (mac or windows, doesnt matter) while at home nothing shows except Wizard being an ass
OK, sounds like there is a problem with the USB drivers on your PC. Does your Windows XP have Service Pack 2? If not, scan your computer for viruses and spyware and then install it (Service Pack 2 can experience problems if you install it on a non-clean computer).
Old 2006-12-30, 07:51   Link #10
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin View Post
May I ask what Service Pack is installed on your Windows XP?
not sure what service pack we got, how can you check?
Old 2006-12-30, 08:07   Link #11
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
not sure what service pack we got, how can you check?
You should see it in your system control panel:

or if this does not work try dxdiag and the operating system information there.
Old 2006-12-30, 10:56   Link #12
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

i got service pack 2 installe don my pc
Old 2006-12-30, 11:39   Link #13
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Hm, okay SP2 is good. Well, the bad news is, now I really don't know whats causing the problem. Maybe (I've seen this once, when I tried to power a laptop hdd) the USB has not enough power. Otherwise you might consider Danj's suggestion, though I assume if the install of SP2 was not clean, a clean uninstall will be tricky too.
Old 2006-12-30, 12:12   Link #14
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

though im not sure what you mean by installed on a non clean pc..
Old 2006-12-30, 19:40   Link #15
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Non clean - like corrupted system files in the windows directories. (though I do not have an idea how you could possibly fix this without some sort of reinstallation - and I am sure thats something your father wouldn't want you to do )
There is an option in the properties for the root hubs (hoofdhub) where you can set the energy options to suspend to save energy, maybe you try to disable this, so this can be ruled out as a cause.
Another problem might be an outdated BIOS, maybe you can flash it with a newer one (however I want to warn you here... if your PC crashes while flashing the BIOS, you might not be able to recover the BIOS, you have to send the BIOS chip or the Motherboad to the manufacturer then).

Its just something you can try, but chances are not so high that it will solve your problem (yet possible).

edit: check if EHCI is set to on in the BIOS (if there is no such option, ignore that I mentioned it )

Last edited by Jinto; 2006-12-30 at 20:01.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 14:07   Link #16
Syaoran
Contemplating Naruto

Quote:
1. what are mobo drivers o.o;
Motherboard drivers.

Sometimes, those that come with windows don't work correctly. In that case you need the ones on the installation CD that came with your motherboard or at their website.

My motherboard's (Epox 8RDA6+ Pro) USB controller wasn't even recognized with Windows XP. I have to use those from the CD or their newer releases on the internet.
Have you checked if it's possible to copy music to your MP3 player using Linux ? Often they get also seen as USB Mass Storage and you can just copy paste as you do with Windows. Ubuntu and Knoppix have Live CDs you don't need to install in order to try Linux. Maybe worth a try?
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 14:49   Link #17
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
Motherboard drivers.

Sometimes, those that come with windows don't work correctly. In that case you need the ones on the installation CD that came with your motherboard or at their website.

My motherboard's (Epox 8RDA6+ Pro) USB controller wasn't even recognized with Windows XP. I have to use those from the CD or their newer releases on the internet.
Have you checked if it's possible to copy music to your MP3 player using Linux ? Often they get also seen as USB Mass Storage and you can just copy paste as you do with Windows. Ubuntu and Knoppix have Live CDs you don't need to install in order to try Linux. Maybe worth a try?
cold youe xplain to me what linux is then..
Old 2007-01-02, 14:58   Link #18
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Whats with people prescribing Linux to those have problems with Windows.
If it does fix the particular USB problem there is still the Learning Curve of learning a new OS.

Karuma Could you tell us which MP3 player this is?
The Brand the Model number.

My bet its something with the MP3 player, it could've died.
Btw does the MP3 player have AA batteries?
Are those batteries new, if not switch them out.

United Leecher Front.

Save your Love ones from Disease.
Folding@Home Team Animesuki
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 16:25   Link #19
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurz View Post
If it does fix the particular USB problem there is still the Learning Curve of learning a new OS.
I think this is a good point. ^^'

Quote:

Afaik, she said its been brand new (christmas present for her mum ). Though it might be broken, it is rather unlikely?
-KarumA- said she wanted to test it in school, just to be sure about it.
Old 2007-01-03, 07:36   Link #20
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:

MP3 PLayer , MP700

from, MP-CHART, the hting is brand new like Jinto already said, i havent been at school yet, i still got this week off so i cant check