AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-04-24, 20:52   Link #1
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germany
Tokimeki Memorial

Just saw that a fansub of Tokimeki Memorial has been released
However, it's from an unknown Fansub group, and it's a Vhs rip, so quality probably isn't the best... has anyone already d/led it and can say something about it? Image quality, translation quality etc.
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 21:35   Link #2
darkchibi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I've seen the episode, and I think I need to play the game since I got lost with all of the characters.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 00:21   Link #3
Greenish Growth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
Just saw that a fansub of Tokimeki Memorial has been released
However, it's from an unknown Fansub group, and it's a Vhs rip, so quality probably isn't the best... has anyone already d/led it and can say something about it? Image quality, translation quality etc.
Wasn't this fansubbed by VKLL?

Unfortunately this file quality is pretty low. Someone needs to resub this badly. Tokimeki Memorial was done by the same people that did the ?second Fushigi Yuugi OVA and you can tell by the characters pointed noses. I like Tokimeki Memorial OVA series a lot because I played the game so I can understand all the events they are referring to in the anime. For example they mention when you go on the school field trip and have to fight a bull (sometimes you fight another animal in the game). That scene was referring to a humorous mini-game that happened inside of the main game.

In the second OVA, they also show a scene of Shiori when you walked home with her after the Christmas party and it began to snow. The second OVA is nice because it shows all the girls wearing their Christmas party clothes and the animation looks particularly nice during those scenes. The problem is that if you haven't played the game you end up missing a lot of what the anime is referring to. All the girls are basically talking about the same guy (you the gameplayer).

I like the first OVA, but there isn't a whole lot that happens during it. You have to see the second OVA to find out what they are building up to and how Shiori realizes what the guy (her childhood friend) really means to her.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 01:09   Link #4
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
I have seen this somewhere before. When I downloaded it I couldn't remember if it was the same thing or not, because I presumed that the file I got before I got from ASuki. Yeah its an old VHS sub, but its better than nothing. It pisses me off though that all these girls want the main guy and are willing (and ready) to sacrifice their futures just to be with him. Damn you gameplayer, don't take all the pretty girls for yourself! :fingers:
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 01:48   Link #5
Greenish Growth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
It pisses me off though that all these girls want the main guy and are willing (and ready) to sacrifice their futures just to be with him. Damn you gameplayer, don't take all the pretty girls for yourself! :fingers:
LOL..yeah well as I'm sure you're aware this same thing happened in the Sentimental Journey anime as well. All the girls in Sentimental Journey were talking about the same guy too.

Tokimeki Memorial in an old game (it's celebrating its tenth anniversary on a lot of websites right now). A lot of the older games let you be more of a girl chaser and go after several girls at the same time. In the original Tokimeki Memorial game you could go after quite a few of the girls at the same time. Of course the more girls you went after the more problems you could potentially have trying to finish the game, but it was all the more fun to try. If you had fairly decent statistics and yet still didn't manage to win any of the girls hearts you would usually end up with Miharu. Miharu was the girl that accidentally telephoned Shiori in the anime. She had a crush on the "player", but was pretty shy so she often floated around in the background of the games story. In the anime she sort of does the same thing. You can see her popping up every now and then in the scenes in the background. She was the one that walked past Shiori at the very end of the first OVA.

I just rewatched some of the first OVA again. I had forgotten that in the anime the Tokimeki girls also mention things that happened during the dates they went out with you and the presents that you gave them for their birthday.

Last edited by Greenish Growth; 2004-04-25 at 02:16.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 10:33   Link #6
kuru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth
LOL..yeah well as I'm sure you're aware this same thing happened in the Sentimental Journey anime as well. All the girls in Sentimental Journey were talking about the same guy too.
Don't know about Sentimental Graffiti (game), but in Sentimental Journey anime, as I remember it, the girls aren't interested in the same guy. Each episode features a different girl with a different man.

Answering someone's question. Tokimeki Memorial was indeed subbed by VKLL. After he finished Sailor Moon, he started Saint Tail, as a long series (he never finished it, but Group Hooseki, who had started before, did finish it) and 2 short OVAs: Tokimeki Memorial and Ja Ja Uma Quartet (that was later released commercially as Wild Cardz). It took him years to release the second OVA.

BTW, in his latest updated (from december), Val Lam mentioned he was selling his Tokimeki Memorial LDs. Both LDs for $15.

Check http://www.spots.ab.ca/~lamv/ if you're intested.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 18:43   Link #7
Greenish Growth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
Don't know about Sentimental Graffiti (game), but in Sentimental Journey anime, as I remember it, the girls aren't interested in the same guy. Each episode features a different girl with a different man.
Nah. It really was the same guy. In the first game you played a seventeen year old guy that moved a lot from place to place all over Japan while you were growing up and for that reason you got to know all twelve of the game girls:

http://www.tcp.com/doi/sg/char/index.html

The Sentimental Journey anime is like a prelude to the Senti 1 game. Each girl gets their own episode and each story is about how the girl comes to realize how much they miss the guy that they knew earlier. The first Sentimental Graffiti game was about how you got a letter from a girl saying that she realizes what you meant to her and that wants to meet you again. The problem is that she didn't put her name in the letter so you travel around Japan to meet up with the girls (each of them now seventeen years old) again to find out which one them wrote it. So unlike most ren'ai games all the girls in the story begin the game already liking you.

If you want to enjoy the Sentimental Journey anime a lot more go to Game FAQ and read Hooi's translation of Sentimental Graffiti Yakusoku. It contains the stories of how the twelve girls got to know and like the guy (you) when they were younger:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/30851.html

Sentimental Graffiti Yakusoku, the two Sentimental Graffiti games and the Sentimental Journey anime are not always consistent with each other in terms of the extreme details, but you still get a much better understanding of what the girls are referring to in the anime than you would have from just watching the anime alone.

You miss a lot from the Tokimeki Memorial and Sentimental Journey anime if you have no knowledge of the games story at all. They're not like the To Heart, Kanon and KimiNozo anime where you can enjoy them a lot without any knowledge of their respective games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
Answering someone's question. Tokimeki Memorial was indeed subbed by VKLL. After he finished Sailor Moon, he started Saint Tail, as a long series (he never finished it, but Group Hooseki, who had started before, did finish it) and 2 short OVAs: Tokimeki Memorial and Ja Ja Uma Quartet (that was later released commercially as Wild Cardz). It took him years to release the second OVA.

BTW, in his latest updated (from december), Val Lam mentioned he was selling his Tokimeki Memorial LDs. Both LDs for $15.

Check http://www.spots.ab.ca/~lamv/ if you're intested.
That is a good price and I wouldn't mind getting it except for the fact that I already have the two Tokimeki Memorial region 2 DVDs. It seemed so unlikely to get picked up commercially for region 1 that I went out and bought them.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 14:21   Link #8
Dubkatz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Hi, just saw you guys chatting about tokimeki, if needed i can send yu ppl screenshot of the games, currently there are some screen shot/wallpaper/winamp skin/opening video/screen mate/screen saver/ringtones up at :

http://www.uplace.net/forum

Also i make winamp skin and wallpaper for tokimeki only at my webpage:
http://www.geocities.com/dubkatz008

You might have seen the site around, i have the site up since 1997 serving tokimeki material and helping out with the cheat section at Brian's tokimeki page(it disappear this webpage.... for reason unknown) during that time

I might also post the opening video for tokimeki 1 and 3(game) if more people are interested, currently nobody reply, so i assume everyone hated what i posted up

------------------------------------

Tokimeki City BBS
http://www.uplace.net/forum
Mirai - Dubkatz creation
http://www.geocities.com/dubkatz008
Dubkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 18:34   Link #9
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkatz
Hi, just saw you guys chatting about tokimeki, if needed i can send yu ppl screenshot of the games, currently there are some screen shot/wallpaper/winamp skin/opening video/screen mate/screen saver/ringtones up at :

http://www.uplace.net/forum

Also i make winamp skin and wallpaper for tokimeki only at my webpage:
http://www.geocities.com/dubkatz008

You might have seen the site around, i have the site up since 1997 serving tokimeki material and helping out with the cheat section at Brian's tokimeki page(it disappear this webpage.... for reason unknown) during that time

I might also post the opening video for tokimeki 1 and 3(game) if more people are interested, currently nobody reply, so i assume everyone hated what i posted up

------------------------------------

Tokimeki City BBS
http://www.uplace.net/forum
Mirai - Dubkatz creation
http://www.geocities.com/dubkatz008
Hi Dubkatz, welcome to animesuki... it's always nice to have another fellow older otaku around. Wow, a geocities page that's been around since 1997, that's fantastic!

I for one would like to see the opening videos. I've been enjoying two songs labeled "Tokimeki Memorial" since I downloaded them back in 1998 off the internet in MP2 format. It's often the case that great anime/games have great music, and I've been curious ever since. At least maybe there's more good music from this series. ^_^

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 19:16   Link #10
silviachan
Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: italy
Age: 31
Remember that I dowloaded the first Tokimemo ova from Animesuki about one year ago and its quality was perfect.
I'd like to play the Famicom game too, but I guess my knowledge of Japanese isn't good enough yet... T__T
I really love this game songs, but must say that I like the Tokimemo 2's better. Sentimental graffiti's too are very catchy and I'm collecting every original cd I can get^^ I checked out the licensed list and saw that Senti isn't, is it? If so it'd be nice to see a torrent...
Another similar games series coming to my mind is True love story (getting the cds, again! I like sweet songs!) but I don't know it very well, must say I liked the ovas.
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 19:35   Link #11
Dubkatz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
okay i will be posting the link for tokimeki 1 opening soon....... just wait coz it's like 8am right now and i got work at 8.30am
Dubkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 22:38   Link #12
Greenish Growth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviachan
Sentimental graffiti's too are very catchy and I'm collecting every original cd I can get^^ I checked out the licensed list and saw that Senti isn't, is it? If so it'd be nice to see a torrent...
The Sentimental Journey anime was announced as being picked up by Media Blasters back in July 2002:

http://www.animeondvd.com/licenselist/S.php

(I'm not sure why the Sentimental Graffiti game is still listed on that list even though it was determined to be an error post. Is Media Blasters really going to translate the game also? )

I haven't heard any news on Sentimental Journey for a long time so I am wondering if it's going to end up being one their titles that they are going to drop.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 12:10   Link #13
Dubkatz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
just to make it easy for u ppls, if you want the winamp skins for tokimeki memorial go here:
http://classic.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=138604
http://classic.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=136343
http://classic.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=8849


Also for tokimeki utilities like pinup dolls/screen saver/screen mate you can visit here to get it: http://www.geocities.com/dubkatz008/utility.html

i will be posting up the opening video for tm1 and tm3 real soon, i dun have time atm.
Dubkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 16:58   Link #14
silviachan
Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: italy
Age: 31
I haven't heard any news on Sentimental Journey for a long time so I am wondering if it's going to end up being one their titles that they are going to drop.

(sorry but I can't find any quote button...)

I didn't know it. It's so bad to see that a anime might stay stuck this way...
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 06:33   Link #15
Dubkatz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
if anyone is interested in the opening for tokimeki memorial 1 give me a shout, i will post the address to where it can be downloaded from here
Dubkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 22:55   Link #16
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I relly injoyed the 1st OVA I really like Shiori and the girl who speaks quite a bit of english. I have 3 plush dolls I have got from thrift stores of them. Odd I have never seen them on the net.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 00:08   Link #17
Greenish Growth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
I relly injoyed the 1st OVA I really like Shiori and the girl who speaks quite a bit of english. I have 3 plush dolls I have got from thrift stores of them. Odd I have never seen them on the net.
You mean Ayako? I'm more of a Shiori/Miharu/Saki fan myself. But yeah...she always talks half-Japanese/half-English.

Have you played any of the game?

It used to drive me nuts watching the raw second OVA because it would black out while Shiori was talking at the end. And then I had no idea what was going on because I couldn't even pull any context out from the video because there was nothing on the screen.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 16:47   Link #18
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Age: 30
Tokimeki Memorial 1-2 - DVD version (by Crossfade)

Does anyone have any idea why this is suddenly on the mainpage? Is it a reseed or something? It looks the same as the one Crossfade released ages ago, same file size and everything.
...
__________________

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.