AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2007-10-02, 17:56   Link #281
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
The new girls look cute, especially the last two.
And Actei (or is it Acty?) and Ein look better in the anime
Wha-!?
They totally shota-fied both of them (and lolified all the females ). I have to say, I much prefer the game character designs...

Huh, so reading Jung's profile, guess they're skipping the males' sub-arc, which is to be expected really. They just outright say he he uses healing magic.
Old 2007-10-02, 20:41   Link #282
K0ryuoh
O.o

Hmm by adding all those bodyguards,
Spoiler:
Hyaweh would be more screwed too....2 stalker type bodyguard now

I agreed with selkrik on Acty and Ein design, prefer the game design.Especially Acty...Ewww he looks very very weird wonder whether he is still a pervert with that face

Also Fel description a bit weird. "excels in ice" ....hmmm in the game her favorite spell seems to be fire instead, she used em a lot more when pissed off.Ice only become prominent on her route.
K0ryuoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 21:59   Link #283
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida Send a message via Skype™ to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by K0ryuoh View Post
Hmm by adding all those bodyguards,
Spoiler:
Hyaweh would be more screwed too....2 stalker type bodyguard now

I agreed with selkrik on Acty and Ein design, prefer the game design.Especially Acty...Ewww he looks very very weird wonder whether he is still a pervert with that face

Also Fel description a bit weird. "excels in ice" ....hmmm in the game her favorite spell seems to be fire instead, she used em a lot more when pissed off.Ice only become prominent on her route.
I agree, Acty and Ein look REALLY weird. Game desings are better, a lot better.

About Fel...
Spoiler for HUGE Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-02, 22:06   Link #284
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
NOOO!! why do I have to be stuck with no proper net for the rest of year at the beginning of anime new season??!!!

Can't even open up the character page properly but dang most of the anime design looks so lolified and shotafied.Acty's face become so much fatter

Isn't it rumored in the game that Priecia used to have a bodyguard squad before she joined the school?The three new guards probably based on that...(the 1st conversation between acty/ein/fel/hyaweh in dining hall)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0ryuoh View Post
Err it might be her favorite but that doesn't mean she excel at it, probably used more because of shorter chant?
Spoiler:
....If am not wrong Fel used ice as much as fire in the game, all those stupid accident LOL

Someone need to post summary for each episodes when it aired till the series end so I could read em for the time being
EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
About Fel...
Spoiler for HUGE Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by raidou; 2007-10-02 at 22:28.
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 23:47   Link #285
Shinova
ANGRY LOLI POWER
*Artist

Where is this official blog site?
Old 2007-10-03, 03:28   Link #286
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Where is this official blog site?
http://prism-ark.at.webry.info/

Today's news is about the (already expected, now confirmed) Prism Ark PS2 port coming in January.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 06:03   Link #287
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

OAH MAN, THE WHOLE ICE INCIDENT. LOL.

I really need to replay that part again!
Old 2007-10-03, 09:40   Link #288
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post

Spoiler:
I noticed that too, that weapon looks awesome, wonder if it has Hyaweh's Winged Sword abilities? They look alike, at least.

Also, that girl reminds more of Filia, those clothes are the same clothes the maids in the Rozenberg Knight School use.
Old 2007-10-03, 10:11   Link #289
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

I was actually worried if Prism Ark would have enough action for it's genre... But after hearing you guys, I've shifted my worries to whether the anime could PRESENT all those AWESOME things that you all have brought up

...I've been hurt once too many times already by other shows I don't think I could bear the pain again should it happen...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 11:04   Link #290
TrueKnight

Well, the opening of the anime is up now......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBCzwaRS280

It's actually rather decent, but kinda with average animation. Hope it's better in the episode later on.

Though I think the game's opening was actually better..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WKVt...elated&search=

I hope this won't turn into a disappointment like Shining x Wind

Anyway, any news on how many eps this series gonna have? 13? 26? or less than 13?

Gonna follow up this show along with Gundam 00, maybe also Shana II.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 11:44   Link #291
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Well, the opening of the anime is up now......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBCzwaRS280

It's actually rather decent, but kinda with average animation. Hope it's better in the episode later on.

Though I think the game's opening was actually better..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WKVt...elated&search=

I hope this won't turn into a disappointment like Shining x Wind

Anyway, any news on how many eps this series gonna have? 13? 26? or less than 13?

Gonna follow up this show along with Gundam 00, maybe also Shana II.
Woah, what happened to Kisarov? Other than the clothes, it hardly looks like him.
I do hope that that is just some pre-release version, since a lot of it is just still shots... And the running scene about midway?

Anyway, TV series story outline translation:

Story

Priecia, of the Rozenberg Knight Training Academy, a prodigy tsun? bishoujo gifted with both beauty and intelligence; wherever she points her sword, enemies scatter. Within the Academy, she is rumored to be the child of the late king...

One day, she suddenly crossed swords with the puzzlingly naive Hyaweh, but in the end, suffered the humilition of defeat in front of all of the students in the school.

And together with that, add the troublemaker Fel, the mysterious miko Kagura, the klutz Brigitte...... and other eccentric classmates all disturbing the pace of Priecia's life, and when Hyaweh's brother-complexed little sister Filia declares her to be a love rival, it's the beginning of Priecia's troublesome school life.
......no matter what the background, this is a fantasy of young men and women, doing their best in love and battle!

And then, Priecia, with the support of everyone around her, will discover her "true reason to fight".

Ummm... is this the right series?
Oh well, I'm not getting my hopes up. I just got the four serialized manga chapters, and those were pretty bleh as well... *sigh*
At least the game is AWESOME.
Old 2007-10-03, 12:02   Link #292
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Woah, what happened to Kisarov? Other than the clothes, it hardly looks like him.
I do hope that that is just some pre-release version, since a lot of it is just still shots... And the running scene about midway?

Anyway, TV series story outline translation:

Story

Priecia, of the Rozenberg Knight Training Academy, a prodigy tsun? bishoujo gifted with both beauty and intelligence; wherever she points her sword, enemies scatter. Within the Academy, she is rumored to be the child of the late king...

One day, she suddenly crossed swords with the puzzlingly naive Hyaweh, but in the end, suffered the humilition of defeat in front of all of the students in the school.

And together with that, add the troublemaker Fel, the mysterious miko Kagura, the klutz Brigitte...... and other eccentric classmates all disturbing the pace of Priecia's life, and when Hyaweh's brother-complexed little sister Filia declares her to be a love rival, it's the beginning of Priecia's troublesome school life.
......no matter what the background, this is a fantasy of young men and women, doing their best in love and battle!

And then, Priecia, with the support of everyone around her, will discover her "true reason to fight".

Ummm... is this the right series?
Oh well, I'm not getting my hopes up. I just got the four serialized manga chapters, and those were pretty bleh as well... *sigh*
At least the game is AWESOME.
Now I was using a translator program to translate the games text and it's not the best thing in the world, but I don't recall Precia losing any sort of duel to Hyaweah. In fact any time Precia bitches at him, he's the one that ends up losing, and I'm only on chapter 2, but I don't recall Filia declaring any sort of love rivalry with anyone. The summary also makes it sound like the focus will be on Precia and not Hyaweah. Why?

The opening is also generic Eroge Adaptation Opening #413656, not much positive to say here. I never thought I'd say it, but Clannad's Opening with it's Tomoyo swift kick sequence looks more engrossing than all of this so far, and that games not even really action oriented like the Prism Ark RPG with it's multiple flashy special attacks, stunning artwork and solid characters. It reminds me of Crescent Love almost. The game had some great HCG artwork, and then the anime not only didn't follow the character designs, but it also looked mediocore compared to other adaptations of games with less outstanding HCG. I think 2ch fans are gonna be angry, and for once I don't blame them as this just looks careless on the part of the studio.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 12:40   Link #293
Shinova
ANGRY LOLI POWER
*Artist

I can never understand why Prism Ark didn't get a "Best Game" ranking from Getchu.
Old 2007-10-03, 12:50   Link #294
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I can never understand why Prism Ark didn't get a "Best Game" ranking from Getchu.
Well what else came out that year?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 13:26   Link #295
Shinova
ANGRY LOLI POWER
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Well what else came out that year?
ttp://www.getchu.com/php/search.phtml?search_keyword=&pickup=1

The thing is if you look at the best games section, there are multiple winners for each year. I think it's dependant on a certain level of ratings rather than sales numbers or such.

Other games that came out in 2006 (Prism Ark's year) included Happiness, Braban, Da Capo 2, Kono Aozora, and these all got "Best Game," even Kono Aozora which I've played and felt it's good but definetly not on Prism Ark's level.

I thought it'd have to do with sales but it's not that either, cause Scarlett did way better in sales than Prism Ark, ef, Happiness, and Kono Aozora and it didn't get best game, while the last three did.
Old 2007-10-03, 14:57   Link #296
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

The best part of the OP... THE DARK KNIGHT! Damn, that guy is just awesome... Also, it seems there will be some cameos/appearance of Prinsea's mother and Comet.

Is that story description real? 'Cause it doesn't sound anything like the game.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Also... The CGs of the Angels that appear on the OP... Are those new models? They white one barely looks like a Phaguiel type while the black ones don't look anything like Xaquiel type.

Last edited by johnishida; 2007-10-03 at 15:08.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 18:10   Link #297
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
It reminds me of Crescent Love almost. The game had some great HCG artwork, and then the anime not only didn't follow the character designs, but it also looked mediocore compared to other adaptations of games with less outstanding HCG. I think 2ch fans are gonna be angry, and for once I don't blame them as this just looks careless on the part of the studio.
Cabbage Love? Ah, I can almost imagine it already...
Spoiler for chap 4 or so:

Old 2007-10-03, 18:58   Link #298
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Cabbage Love? Ah, I can almost imagine it already...
Spoiler for chap 4 or so:

That would be crazy. If someone ever does he/she should get fired in the spot lol

By the way, that is a Kagura moment they ought to include.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-03, 19:15   Link #299
rg4619

Quote:
The thing is if you look at the best games section, there are multiple winners for each year. I think it's dependant on a certain level of ratings rather than sales numbers or such.

Other games that came out in 2006 (Prism Ark's year) included Happiness, Braban, Da Capo 2, Kono Aozora, and these all got "Best Game," even Kono Aozora which I've played and felt it's good but definetly not on Prism Ark's level.

I thought it'd have to do with sales but it's not that either, cause Scarlett did way better in sales than Prism Ark, ef, Happiness, and Kono Aozora and it didn't get best game, while the last three did.
The award seems like an "Editor's Choice" or "Recommended" stamp (probably issued just before a game's release after they've evaluated it), which is naturally subjective. On the American site IGN, a score of 8.3/10 seems to be the cut-off for a similar award. Other sites might have it up to 9.0 or 9.5, but the decision is simply based on a reviewer's opinion.

The IGN Editors' Choice Award is a sign of excellence reserved for only the best products. The award signifies excellence in entertainment value, performance, design, originality, and lasting appeal. A product bearing this award has our unequivocal recommendation and is sure to become a classic in its field.

Some of Getchu's choices are a bit funny, such as Illusion's Sexy Beach 2. I'd wager that the hype surrounding the 3D visuals won them over.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 19:29   Link #300
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

The OP for the animation doesn't look particularly outstanding or anything. I don't like how it shows Precia and all the other characters, but hey, we get to see Kisarov and the other extra characters in detail (though Kisarov DOES look odd o_o).

This is another adaptation that has the "wtf the game's op was better" label for me, right besides Nanatsuiro Drops.

And hey, we get to see the Dark Knight right off the bat! FUCK YES, YOU ARE THE BEST BOSS FIGHT EVER!

Tags
adventure, bishoujo, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, pajamasoft, romance, rpg, seinen