AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-24, 17:57   Link #141
LacusClyneX
Junior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
How do I get the audio file for the OP songs and EDs?
__________________
LacusClyneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 18:09   Link #142
dwigga
Junior Member
*Fansubber
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
You can extract it with AVIextractGUI or MKVextractGUI, but Aegusub 2.0.0 can load the video as audio, just select "all files" in the "Files of type" field.
dwigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 18:45   Link #143
LacusClyneX
Junior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
How do you time each word...It's off when I try to time it.
__________________
LacusClyneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 20:00   Link #144
dwigga
Junior Member
*Fansubber
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Separate the words to syllables using the "split" button next to the "karaoke" button. After this hit the karaoke button and make the timing to every syllable. Then click on "commit changes" to save the timing of the syllables.
dwigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 21:59   Link #145
LacusClyneX
Junior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwigga View Post
Separate the words to syllables using the "split" button next to the "karaoke" button. After this hit the karaoke button and make the timing to every syllable. Then click on "commit changes" to save the timing of the syllables.
after you hit the karaoke button how do you make the timing for every syllable?
__________________
LacusClyneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 22:06   Link #146
MasterKommander
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 30
It seems as though you do not have a very good understanding of timing, so try watching these videos first. They are kind of old but at least you will have a basic understanding of timing, once you have the basics down then try doing your karaoke.
Timing Part I
Tming Part II
Timing Example
MasterKommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 07:54   Link #147
martino
makes no files now
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LacusClyneX View Post
after you hit the karaoke button how do you make the timing for every syllable?
Maybe you should read the help file first... all that you need to know is in there well explained (the basics anyway, which are all the questions that you asked too). :/
__________________
"Light and shadow don't battle each other, because they're two sides of the same coin"
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 20:54   Link #148
LacusClyneX
Junior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
What program do I use to save the subs? I timed everything now I need to save it into the video.
__________________

Last edited by LacusClyneX; 2007-12-27 at 11:04.
LacusClyneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 21:07   Link #149
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cave of Evil- Invite Only
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire] Send a message via Skype™ to [darkfire]
If your making karaoke. The program you use from beginning to end is Aegisub.
__________________
"Lepers, women are Lepers" - Sheriff of Nottingham
[darkfire] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 14:50   Link #150
jfs
Aegisub dev
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by LacusClyneX View Post
What program do I use to save the subs? I timed everything now I need to save it into the video.
I think you mean render the subs.
You use some encoding software if you want to hardsub.
You can also go for softsubs, in which case you only need to mux the subtitles along with the video into an MKV file.

Both things have been discussed numerous times already, just search the forum.
__________________

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 18:26   Link #151
atlantiza
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Maryland, US
I've figured out a lot of Aegisub just by reading various sites, along with the help file (which, for once in a program, is actually... you know, helpful) however I'm a bit stuck here. Is there a way to "bend" text in an arc shape?
atlantiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 18:56   Link #152
martino
makes no files now
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantiza View Post
I've figured out a lot of Aegisub just by reading various sites, along with the help file (which, for once in a program, is actually... you know, helpful) however I'm a bit stuck here. Is there a way to "bend" text in an arc shape?
That's proposed in the AS5 format, but 4 as is right now does not support it. A workaround might be rotating and positioning each character/syllable manually *ugh*.

Other than this AE can curve text quite easily.
__________________
"Light and shadow don't battle each other, because they're two sides of the same coin"
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 09:48   Link #153
That1GuyTim
Moe~ Moe~ Kyun~
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Allen, TX
Send a message via AIM to That1GuyTim Send a message via MSN to That1GuyTim
Hopefully you can help me with this. I've searched far and wide for this, but nothing is helping. What I'm trying to do is make a note box appear as a semi-dark transparent color to a bit darker transparent box with text overlaying on top of it. No matter how hard I try, it only appears as a solid box t.t

Here's what I have written for the code at the moment:
{\move(275,-50,275,60,0,600)}{\1a&E0&}{\t(0,500,\1a&80&)}{\p1} m 65 40 l 65 100 450 100 450 40{\p0}

Here is an example of what I'm trying to achieve as the final product (although, not so fancy just the transparent effect):


Any help would be greatly appreciated since I want to finish this by today and send it off for encoding.
That1GuyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 04:10   Link #154
edogawaconan
LOL?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Indonesia
Send a message via MSN to edogawaconan Send a message via Yahoo to edogawaconan
Quote:
Originally Posted by That1GuyTim View Post
Hopefully you can help me with this. I've searched far and wide for this, but nothing is helping. What I'm trying to do is make a note box appear as a semi-dark transparent color to a bit darker transparent box with text overlaying on top of it. No matter how hard I try, it only appears as a solid box t.t

Here's what I have written for the code at the moment:
{\move(275,-50,275,60,0,600)}{\1a&E0&}{\t(0,500,\1a&80&)}{\p1} m 65 40 l 65 100 450 100 450 40{\p0}

Here is an example of what I'm trying to achieve as the final product (although, not so fancy just the transparent effect):


Any help would be greatly appreciated since I want to finish this by today and send it off for encoding.
it works without problem here
moving box + decreased transparency as it moves

edit: oh, I thought I know what's wrong... try setting shadow transparency to 255 / FF (4a)
__________________

Last edited by edogawaconan; 2008-01-04 at 04:22.
edogawaconan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 07:35   Link #155
That1GuyTim
Moe~ Moe~ Kyun~
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Allen, TX
Send a message via AIM to That1GuyTim Send a message via MSN to That1GuyTim
OO Thank you very much. I really don't know why I didn't think of that =\
That1GuyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 11:43   Link #156
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 40
Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
{\1a&E0&}
{\t(0,500,\1a&80&)}
You're missing a letter "H" after the initial ampasands in those alpha level codes. Like {\1a&HE0&}. The transparency code in decimal isn't guaranteed to work. It's better to get in the habit of writing it in hexadecimal, and use upper case "H" too.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 09:54   Link #157
Billkwando
Fanschlubber?
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maryland, USA
Send a message via AIM to Billkwando Send a message via Yahoo to Billkwando
Yes, I'm a n00b, but I'm trying to subtitle this concert video and it's really frustrating because every time I do a line and click on the next I have to randomly scroll through 2 hours of video trying to find my place, because it jumps back to the beginning. I have like 4 lines done because of this. LOL

Any suggestions?

I wish there was a way to just "punch in" subtitles on the fly with the video playing. Like hit key "A", to start line" hit key "B" to end line, autoadvance to next line, repeat.

I'm a musician so I have the timing, and Hyde's not gonna overlap himself singing any time soon.

Oh and I'm using 1.10. By the time I found out there were newer versions I'd already started and now I'm afraid to upgrade.
Billkwando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 10:00   Link #158
edogawaconan
LOL?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Indonesia
Send a message via MSN to edogawaconan Send a message via Yahoo to edogawaconan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billkwando View Post
Yes, I'm a n00b, but I'm trying to subtitle this concert video and it's really frustrating because every time I do a line and click on the next I have to randomly scroll through 2 hours of video trying to find my place, because it jumps back to the beginning. I have like 4 lines done because of this. LOL

Any suggestions?

I wish there was a way to just "punch in" subtitles on the fly with the video playing. Like hit key "A", to start line" hit key "B" to end line, autoadvance to next line, repeat.

I'm a musician so I have the timing, and Hyde's not gonna overlap himself singing any time soon.

Oh and I'm using 1.10. By the time I found out there were newer versions I'd already started and now I'm afraid to upgrade.
press enter after finishing a line? (assuming you're on the last line)
or right-click -> insert (after) might also help.
__________________
edogawaconan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 10:56   Link #159
martino
makes no files now
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billkwando View Post
Oh and I'm using 1.10. By the time I found out there were newer versions I'd already started and now I'm afraid to upgrade.
You shouldn't have any reason why to fear upgrading. The 2 alpha releases are fully compliant with ASS, the same that 1.10 used, so really, there's no reason apart from the fact that the alpha versions are well, not yet "stable". However personally I haven't gotten a single crash lately with the latest release...
__________________
"Light and shadow don't battle each other, because they're two sides of the same coin"
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 14:07   Link #160
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ISDB-T
Age: 28
As mentioned, use 2.1.0, it actually has less problems than 1.10 does.

Anyway the solution to your problem is to turn off autoscrolling. This is done by clicking the green button to the right of the pause button below the video area, so it turns red. You can do the same with the audio, it's button number 17 in this screenshot: http://aegisub.cellosoft.com/docs/Au...ain_audio_view
__________________
| ffmpegsource
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aegisub, help thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.