AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-12-30, 01:17   Link #61
Yondaime-The Fourth

lets not jump to conclusions. I still think naruto hasnt unleashed the full potential of his technique. In the following chapters I bet anything that the next time he performs the jutsu its going to drop jaws all around the world.
Yondaime-The Fourth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 01:47   Link #62
Rahan

So in the end, it is really a ranged attack. Naruto was lacking in this domain.

Also maybe they didn't attack Kazuzu directly, but intimidated him by attacking just in front of him to stop him and buy the time to move in front of Kakashi.

I think we may see Ino doing something useful in the next chapter. Remember the "don't lose to Sakura anymore" as the last words she heard from Asuma. It can't be good if she is saved by Sakura in her first fight after that.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 02:04   Link #63
kishinfoulux

i cant see that being naruto's "new" attack thats been hyped up. maybe its something he picked up along the way or maybe its still incomplete. i would think they wouldnt show it until waaaaay later.

anyways looks like its actually possible both akatsuki members will perish. kakuzu stands no chance against 7 people. and im sure shika has something up his sleeve or someone will rescue him as well. one of the two definately needs to die though and its looking more and more like kakuzu.
kishinfoulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 02:14   Link #64
kiryuuken99

This really doesn't tell us much about naruto's new attack. I mean, the only reason he couldn't use his wind rasengan alone is because of the fire element he was up against. I have a feeling that we'll be pleased by its destructive power when he actually hits someone with it.

Shikamaru must have another plan up his sleeve. He could've just played possum on the ground but he attacked hidan, provoking him instead. If he was really losing strength and fighting a downhill battle, I doubt he would've attacked hidan when hidan thought he was dead anyway. Besides, I would sure hope that a smart guy like shika would only tell his entire plan like some kinda idiot villain from a bad movie for a reason...if not...ugh...
kiryuuken99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 02:34   Link #65
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
This was a pretty strange way to introduce the Wind Rasengan after all the hype. The ultimate wind jutsu that even the fourth wasn't capable of performing, and it can't even counter Kakuzu's elemental jutsu without Yamato's help?
I guess you are assuming that the Rasengan Jiraiya used on a person that gave a brief trouble had the same output as the one Naruto used on Kabuto to destroy all of his internal organs. Again, according to your implication, if there is only one output level, then Jiraiya should have blowed up that person. But, it didn't happen, meaning it can have multiple power levels. Hence, Wind Rasengan, which is something that is based on Rasengan and elemental impact, that should also be the case. So, it is definitely not surprising, especially if you consider that he might have actually performed that one-handed resulting in a much less power output. And, with all the friends there, I hope that you are not expecting Naruto to be dumb enough to blow everyone with a small nuclear bomb there, just to stop Kakuzu.

After all the complaints regarding 4-tailed Naruto - not differentiating between friends and enemies - attacking at full power - etc., complaining about Naruto having control over his power is a bit strange.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 04:37   Link #66
anti-sasuke brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
(Shika, at the same, screams for help, but nobody hears it)
anyone have a feeling Shika is going to die??
anti-sasuke brigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 04:59   Link #67
Blaster

Temari is coming out to 1-hit-ko Hidan with her new jutsu.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 05:23   Link #68
WLegend
Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I guess you are assuming that the Rasengan Jiraiya used on a person that gave a brief trouble had the same output as the one Naruto used on Kabuto to destroy all of his internal organs. Again, according to your implication, if there is only one output level, then Jiraiya should have blowed up that person. But, it didn't happen, meaning it can have multiple power levels. Hence, Wind Rasengan, which is something that is based on Rasengan and elemental impact, that should also be the case. So, it is definitely not surprising, especially if you consider that he might have actually performed that one-handed resulting in a much less power output. And, with all the friends there, I hope that you are not expecting Naruto to be dumb enough to blow everyone with a small nuclear bomb there, just to stop Kakuzu.

After all the complaints regarding 4-tailed Naruto - not differentiating between friends and enemies - attacking at full power - etc., complaining about Naruto having control over his power is a bit strange.
Zek is right, a jutsu the fourth cannot perform is done by a extra bunshin is BS...
How the heck Naruto can think of it in a moment and yondaime and other Hokages can't. Something that over hyped that is done by a Bunshin. Im sure its a strong jutsu, the only weakness rasengan had was the lack of penetration. But now it's enhanced with wind, it can probably cut threw any matter. (and it better be able to cut threw anything.)
WLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 06:46   Link #69
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Hey Tatami, I guess Hidan was informed this chapter after all. Never though Shik would inform him though... Why do they do this in anime/manga? Why can't a secret be kept until the complete action has been taken. Oh well, anyway, as far as Naruto's Wind Rasengan, It looked like a one handed Rasengan to me. Also, and this is completely an assumption, looks like he can control it completely now too. I guess all of the clones used throughout all of this training did come in handy to allow him to do a one hander after all? It's also cool to see combo techniques.

But anyway, question to all? Do you think that it is official that Team 7 is Yamato, Sai, Sakura, and Naruto? I guess Kakashi is going elsewhere huh?
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 07:07   Link #70
kheldorin

I don't think so. Tsunade and Jiraiya specifically handed over Sakura and Naruto to Kakashi so that he could train them. Tenzo was just a replacement.
kheldorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 07:21   Link #71
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheldorin View Post
I don't think so. Tsunade and Jiraiya specifically handed over Sakura and Naruto to Kakashi so that he could train them. Tenzo was just a replacement.
Yeah Kakashi is the guardian/trainer for Naruto and Sakura. There can´t be anyone else, and besides "the-get-Sasuke-back-story" should be closing in towards its end.

And why can´t Tenzo replace Asuma? Wouldn´t that be more logical and easier than doing a complete rocade of team members?

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 07:45   Link #72
ShikaShika
無罪

Hisashiburi, just popping in with a few thought...

Naruto will have plenty of time to put on a dedicated fuuton rasengan display, so I'm sure all you people who are dissapointed have some good stuff coming up in the next few chapters.

Personally it really bugs me how females are portrayed as useless at fighting in shounen manga, and yet again here's one more example. Ino's sole contribution to this fight was locating Hidan and Kakazu, and other outstanding female achievements (versus males) are few and far between in Naruto, One Piece, Bleach etc... It's the one thing that bugs me most about shounen manga.

Kurenai coming to the rescue of Shikamaru sounds like a very nice ending to that fight, especially if Kurenai gets the honor of finishing Hidan off. Only problem is that the other fight is rather overpopulated and I'm sure a few of them will go to help Shika out. Either way I hope Shikamaru is disabled (not killed though) for some time to come, he's hogging a bit much of the spotlight and there are other characters out there as well.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 09:03   Link #73
Hir0

omg, they make shika do something good, and now they make him weak again, dont tell me he's gonna start losing to Hidan and some1s gonna save his ass again. If it is, its not gonna be good for the fans.

Fuuton Rasengan? thats not the final thing is it?

Kakuzu looks extremely ugly without his mask on lol
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 09:08   Link #74
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
Personally it really bugs me how females are portrayed as useless at fighting in shounen manga
Didn't 2 females "take out" Sasori?

What more do you want Ino to do at the moment ?
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 09:22   Link #75
Rezard

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-sasuke brigade View Post
anyone have a feeling Shika is going to die??
Let´s see... When did kishimoto killed any popular characters?
He didn´t kill Neji, didn´t kill Gaara, even CHOUJI wasn’t killed.

No, he won´t die. It could be an interesting twist, but it won´t happen.

Quote:
I don't think so... I already wrote it above, but nobody seemed to notice:
IMHO it's very likely, that it's just a Bunshin and not the real Shikamaru.
I think Shikamaru couldn´t avoid Hidan Schyte and make it seem he was hit with a simple clone. Since Kage Bunshin halves his chakra, it is likely that he would use a weaker type of clone. He must give his best in order to do that, so I don’t think he is clone.

Maybe he has plan to escape, involving traps and explosive tags, I’m sure shikamaru isn´t just his kage type jutsu.
Rezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 09:41   Link #76
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLegend View Post
Zek is right, a jutsu the fourth cannot perform is done by a extra bunshin is BS...
How the heck Naruto can think of it in a moment and yondaime and other Hokages can't. Something that over hyped that is done by a Bunshin. Im sure its a strong jutsu, the only weakness rasengan had was the lack of penetration. But now it's enhanced with wind, it can probably cut threw any matter. (and it better be able to cut threw anything.)
So, if Naruto can perform a jutsu that Yondaime is capable of using with an extra bunshin it is ok, but the opposite is not? Strange. The last time I checked Yondaime wasn't capable of growing tails either.

Also, as Kakashi said it is not about thinking or not thinking, it is about training to achieve that. Yondaime spent three years just to develop Rasengan itself. Imagine the difficulty of combining it with an elemental, and the years that it may require.
Maybe you are not following but Naruto didn't think of it in a moment, he had years of actual training time to think of it. Yondaime, maybe didn't have the chance to achieve it. Doing with clones does only make the things easier for Naruto, but it doesn't mean anyone can do it the same way Naruto did.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 09:42   Link #77
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Not really.. it was shown in it's finished form, only... we couldn't see how he formed it, or if he needed help.
I thought that Naruto used KBs to also control the directing of the Rasengan. I can't remember correctly, so if you remember some situations, it would be helpful, but I haven't seen Naruto used KBs for starting, forming, finishing and attacking with the Rasengan? The fact that he was able to guide it singlehandedly is a big step!

Last edited by tramadrama; 2006-12-30 at 13:41.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 10:46   Link #78
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
This was a pretty strange way to introduce the Wind Rasengan after all the hype.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondaime-The Fourth View Post
lets not jump to conclusions. I still think naruto hasnt unleashed the full potential of his technique.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishinfoulux View Post
i cant see that being naruto's "new" attack thats been hyped up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
Naruto will have plenty of time to put on a dedicated fuuton rasengan display, so I'm sure all you people who are dissapointed have
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hir0 View Post
Fuuton Rasengan? thats not the final thing is it?
What the hell, lol It's like nobody reads . You guys are missing the main point, I too thought the same. Why is it that wind + water vs wind + fire cancel out if water is > fire. That could only mean two things either, Naruto's wind attack was weaker then Kakuzu's wind attack, or Tenzo's water attack was the weak one hence they both canceled out. How ever that’s not the case at all cause we missed the most important thing, which is. There is an element present in both attacks which fuels one element more so then the other meaning, wind element is meant to fuel fire more then it fuels water so ->

Ok, wind makes fire stronger right? Now think about it, Water > Fire but the jutsu's canceled out why?? The answer is with in the answer, they were both powered by wind but, the main thing that wind element powers is fire element not water element. It only slightly powers the water element.

So, Naruto and Tenzo's Wind + Water, actually caused Kakuzu's fire to become a bit stronger but because water is > fire, it canceled out instead of Yamato + Naruto's jutsu breaking through Kakuzu's. I know it sounds complicated it, but give it some thought you will get exactly what I mean.

A good example would be... imagine if Naruto was earth element... Water + Earth = Mud > Fire + Wind 100% (try pouring mud over a fire, it would stop right away), but its Water + Wind... the wind in the water is like Oil to the fire... although it made the water jutsu stronger, it also slightly boosted the fire hence ending in a total cancellation!

Maybe I'm looking too much in to this, but I just can't except Naruto's jutsu being lame In other words the new mathematical equation would look like this... Wind + Water vs Wind + Wind + Fire = 0 (0 = Cancellation) It's not Wind + Water vs Wind + Fire, its Wind + Water vs Wind + Wind + Fire! That extra wind comes from Naruto's wind jutsu!

You guys have to consider things like this, now that Naruto has introduced a elemental chart his attack is just fine there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, not to mention it's the first time we have seen it we cant judge it right away. Not to mention I think Tenzo's water jutsu was a defensive jutsu not an offensive.

It just sucks that, Naruto has now turned in to one of those manga where it goes "Oh no, because he used that jutsu, I have to use this jutsu" and almost always going to be elementally involved, lol Sabaku Kyu was afraid of this. Hey its not really that bad, it makes things more debateable o_O, kinda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama View Post
Hey Tatami, I guess Hidan was informed this chapter after all. Why do they do this in anime/manga? Why can't a secret
This is from one of my post's in the 336 discussion, lol people just dont read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
Now as for the trap, and all the people mentioning that Hidan will be informed please look at page 6 again and realize how far this trap spreads and also try and accept the possibility. Not only is it to keep people in, but it is also to keep people out. No Hidan will not be informed because he does not need to be, why? Because as soon as Shikamaru makes his first move, Hidan will know what’s going on unless Hidan really is that stupid, hence the informing is already being done and will be done by Shika's next move. (By that time it's too late obviously)
In any case, it's this is done for all the fans out there who do not think about it but are starving to know. There are people out there who read the manga, but do not use discussions boards like this, or even discuss it with their friends. To them they probably thought it was Shika's blood and Shika died, however when in the next chapter they saw Shika was alive, the revelation of the plan and explanation is done for those people. Not to mention it's also done to "warp things up" the plan is told because the next move decides it all it's obvious the conclusion is in 338.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hir0 View Post
omg, they make shika do something good, and now they make him weak again,
Shika, is faking "The first move is always a faint" we didn’t see Shika's face at the end as he falls to his knees, he just wants to lure Hidan in to a false sense of security, so he can execute the next step in his plan. Your forgetting how Shikamaru "works" and his tactics.

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2006-12-30 at 11:40.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 11:19   Link #79
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Another Bamf Chapter again! Damn Kishi is on point!
Ok now for analysis:
1) Shikamaru. . . .Is obviously faking. He already said that he wasn't scared of Kazu so why is he pretending like he can't fight and falling to his knees? (tayuya flashback anyone?) PLUS the entire battle field is his trap. He hasn't so much as blinked about the trap field he laid out yet. Shika has already established that he thinks 200 moves ahead, AND he doesn't make the same mistake twice, so I think that Hidan is in some deep shit.

2) Kakuzu. . . .is super freaky . From the way his body went limp when the heart was destroyed, it looks like the hearts are realy capable of separating from his body and being independent. Here's my supporting evidence
a. When he had his heart punctured by kakashi's rasengan he got right back up
b. When he removes body parts his hearts can move inside his body like when his arm had a heart inside to reatach his hand
c. The Lightning mask was destroyed even thou the heart that was attacked was in Kakuzu's main body. This is shown to happen AFTER kakuzu absorbs it's heart into his own body.
Old 2006-12-30, 11:34   Link #80
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Oh yea. As for Naruto. He can't do rasengan with just one hand yet. This is shown when he was sparing against Yammato (post 3 year timeskip) and pretended one of his clones was sai. He gave himself away by using both sai clone hands to help with his rasengan.

FUton Rasengan. We still don't know it's true power. Just cuz it can't take on a fire and wind jutsu combined by itself doesn't mean its not still bamf. As we all know, it prolly can't take on a fire jutsu by itself anyway, so it's obviously not gonna be the nastyest thing alive. However I predict it will be the most powerful wind jutsu in the series cuz it still uses the rasengan principle:
Compress wind chakra into small space>Increase Power>Explode it onto target, thereby multiplying the power exponentially. Stand alone. This jutsu (considering the ultimate attack power of wind type chakra) will probably be the most powerful uncombined standalone jutsu in the narutoverse. For it to only have the weakness of sucking against fire is not that big of a deal to me.