AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-01-16, 08:51   Link #81
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
lol! sx3, your avatar is awesome. I think that was my favorite part of ep. 110
Hooray for crazy lesbians!
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 14:08   Link #82
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I am muchos pissed with Shinji's Seiyu ( Masaya Onosaka ) cant belive he was Vash , he sounds os ordinary . Shinji being the Vizard Scout/Stalker of Ichigo should have sounded a lot more creepier

Spoiler for Masaya Onosaka:
I'm not so sure Shinji should be creepy, he never seemed that creepy to me. He always seemed to me to be switching form normal and kinda serious high schooler to being a goof ball, kinda like Vash did.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 18:45   Link #83
sx3
0 Gundam
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
lol! sx3, your avatar is awesome. I think that was my favorite part of ep. 110
Hooray for crazy lesbians!
lol thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I'm not so sure Shinji should be creepy, he never seemed that creepy to me. He always seemed to me to be switching form normal and kinda serious high schooler to being a goof ball, kinda like Vash did.
Personally im fine with Shinjis voice being vash but i havn't read any of the manga parts with him in it so i wouldn't know if he should be more creepy or not lol
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 20:30   Link #84
felixm477
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdx514 View Post
chad's around bankai renji's level now remember? if a rookie like chad sucks, what can you say about renji who's been practicing for half a century? yeah, chad's been like totally useless so far, and kubo and the majority of fans obviously don't love him as much as ichigo/ishida, but nevertheless he's got pretty amazing growth rate so you never know.

also, if tasuki & co. reaches the level of chad in S.S., they won't even be able to take care of garbage like d-roy. that's useless. if they manage to reach the level of chad now, and take on ex-espadas or whatever, their growth rate would be even faster than ichigo's, that's impossible.
you need to take it from a manga writers perspective. remember Tasuki received her spiritual awareness around the time chad and orihime had theres if not hers was even a bit more advaced in instances. when chad and orihime got their powers they both had a similar situation in wich they had to protect someone important to them. yoruichi later mentioned this when training them that they had to feel that emotion again to activate their powers. Tasuki as of yet hasnt had this emotional situation so her powers have been around as long as shes known ichigo she simply never activated them, but if they where to give her powers i would be ok with her being a tad above chad given her early lead. im sure the rest of the "backup squad" will get SS level powers.
felixm477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 20:38   Link #85
felixm477
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
BTW, the power of a character doesn't necessarily have to be very powerful, it just has to match the enemy's weakpoint.

However, since Ichigo & Co. are just in the hollow world for a few hours, it would be pretty stupid for some of his left-behind friends to suddenly appear with a special power and the knowledge to use it unless the author decides to reveal, that all of them already had their powers for months and just did't want to show it, which would just be a cheap plot device.
i wouldnt be surprised if urahara showed up right behind them with his little laugh and hand fan stating that he had been training them during the S.S arc, it would be just like him to conviniently move his pieces 1 step ahead.
felixm477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 20:47   Link #86
felixm477
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdx514 View Post
when are renji fanboys going to realize that bankai =/= captain level, and shikai =/= under captain level? kenpachi's half-arsed shikai is captain level. aizen's shikai is above. renji's puny bankai is several years too early to be useful, kubo wanted to make that clear to people so he had byakuya make a good demonstration. find me another low tier captain whose bankai can be defeated by shikai byakuya, or anyone besides aizen/yamaji with zero injury before you make that claim.
actually ikkaku mentioned in his first battle with an arrancar that he didnt want anyone to know he had achieved bankai because he didnt want to become a captain, add that to the fact no other leutenants know bankai yet all captains do other than kenpachi who became one thru non standard methods. its pretty safe to assume that a shinigami either masters bankai and moves to captain rank right away, or becomes a captain and achieves the bankai a little after. i prefer going with the ikkaku method of learning bankai giving u the easy-in to captain ranks.

and on a side note of all the aizen power talk, i consider aizen a middle level captain, he hasnt demostrated any raw power in any battle that wasnt against a captain that even kenpachi could handle. the battle with hitsugaya would have been a win for hitsugaya had it not been for the illusion. basically aizen is just a middle range captain with the most exagerated cheating shikai ever. hed obviously beat anyone my tricking all 5 senses. had it not been for that im sure aizen would have been dead pretty early in the SS series.
felixm477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 21:36   Link #87
hdx514
馬甲
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portofino
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixm477 View Post
you need to take it from a manga writers perspective. remember Tasuki received her spiritual awareness around the time chad and orihime had theres if not hers was even a bit more advaced in instances. when chad and orihime got their powers they both had a similar situation in wich they had to protect someone important to them. yoruichi later mentioned this when training them that they had to feel that emotion again to activate their powers. Tasuki as of yet hasnt had this emotional situation so her powers have been around as long as shes known ichigo she simply never activated them, but if they where to give her powers i would be ok with her being a tad above chad given her early lead. im sure the rest of the "backup squad" will get SS level powers.
advanced how? at least the others have unique abilities. tatsuki so far has none.

also, tatsuki's had the "protect my preciously dumb cry baby hime" mentality since ages ago. earlier on in the manga she protected orihime against bullies and made a promise to protect her forever (something like that). so how well was the promise kept? first time they encounter a real hollow enemy, mr. acidwire, tatsuki weren't able to do shit. ichigo, orihime and what's left of acidwire's conciousness saved her. later when she tried to PROTECT hime against the body-snatching hollow, with all her strong will she end up POSSESSED, and who rescued her from certain death? none other than the dumb hime, the very person tatsuki has sworn to protect.

then for 100s of chapters she just stayed idle. who protected orihime during that? ishida, ichigo...even kenpachi's men, but no tatsuki. what a promise keeper. then the day came when tailender espada yammi showed up and kicked her butt, this time without laying a finger on her, and orihime saved her from certain death, yet again.

and just what happened when ichigo politely and very reasonably requested her to back off? she went berserk like an utter bitch. you want ichigo to let you in on his secret? how about next time you show your violence towards the ENEMY and manage to do something other than get wasted, before hitting the friend that's just trying to protect your weak butt?

tatsuki's had her chances with protection, and kubo made her fail them all. i think his message is crystal clear. people have unrealistic high hopes for tatsuki because we can't see things straight when we're desperately in love with someone. that applies to everyone. which is precisely why we should only love the characters kubo himself love the most (i.e. gave the most power/potential etc.), this way our warped view should be in general agreement with his, and in a warped universe created by kubo, that equals "seeing things straight".

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixm477 View Post
i consider aizen a middle level captain, he hasnt demostrated any raw power in any battle that wasnt against a captain that even kenpachi could handle. the battle with hitsugaya would have been a win for hitsugaya had it not been for the illusion. basically aizen is just a middle range captain with the most exagerated cheating shikai ever. hed obviously beat anyone my tricking all 5 senses. had it not been for that im sure aizen would have been dead pretty early in the SS series.
as i was saying, you're obviously not seeing things straight. it's either intense hatred towards aizen or intense love for hitsugaya/kenpachi
__________________
我是馬甲我怕誰? 只怕那把d-roy當瓦級的超級無敵火星大SB
hdx514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 22:03   Link #88
felixm477
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdx514 View Post
advanced how? at least the others have unique abilities. tatsuki so far has none.

also, tatsuki's had the "protect my preciously dumb cry baby hime" mentality since ages ago. earlier on in the manga she protected orihime against bullies and made a promise to protect her forever (something like that). so how well was the promise kept? first time they encounter a real hollow enemy, mr. acidwire, tatsuki weren't able to do shit. ichigo, orihime and what's left of acidwire's conciousness saved her. later when she tried to PROTECT hime against the body-snatching hollow, with all her strong will she end up POSSESSED, and who rescued her from certain death? none other than the dumb hime, the very person tatsuki has sworn to protect.

then for 100s of chapters she just stayed idle. who protected orihime during that? ishida, ichigo...even kenpachi's men, but no tatsuki. what a promise keeper. then the day came when tailender espada yammi showed up and kicked her butt, this time without laying a finger on her, and orihime saved her from certain death, yet again.

and just what happened when ichigo politely and very reasonably requested her to back off? she went berserk like an utter bitch. you want ichigo to let you in on his secret? how about next time you show your violence towards the ENEMY and manage to do something other than get wasted, before hitting the friend that's just trying to protect your weak butt?

tatsuki's had her chances with protection, and kubo made her fail them all. i think his message is crystal clear. people have unrealistic high hopes for tatsuki because we can't see things straight when we're desperately in love with someone. that applies to everyone. which is precisely why we should only love the characters kubo himself love the most (i.e. gave the most power/potential etc.), this way our warped view should be in general agreement with his, and in a warped universe created by kubo, that equals "seeing things straight".



as i was saying, you're obviously not seeing things straight. it's either intense hatred towards aizen or intense love for hitsugaya/kenpachi
kubo has changed his mind a few times in the manga and changed things around, im sure there is some degree in difference on the level of protection, protecting a friend from bullies is nowhere near as intense as protecting a loved one from certain death at the hands of a hollow. how does calling aizen middle level make me intensly hate him? if anything im being pretty reasonable. he hasnt beaten any high level captains without the use of his illusions. the only one he attacked with a demon art was komamura who wasnt exactly fairing well against kenpachi. ovciously kubo gae him that illusionary ability as a scapegoat for whenever someone wonders how a captain like aizen can suddenly kick every captain that gets in his ways ass.
felixm477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 01:48   Link #89
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sx3 View Post
Personally im fine with Shinjis voice being vash but i havn't read any of the manga parts with him in it so i wouldn't know if he should be more creepy or not lol
I think that is a matter of interpretation. It is hard to tell the tone of someone's voice in a manga. Apparently the director of the anime isn't going for creepy and that's fine.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 01:48   Link #90
hdx514
馬甲
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portofino
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixm477 View Post
kubo has changed his mind a few times in the manga and changed things around
you brought up the whole argument/excuse of lack of protection, not "kubo changes things around", so let's stick to "protection". EVERYTHING changes. but instead of sitting around crying "SHIT happens", we build mathematical models based on the past and present to predict the future with reasonable accuracy

Quote:
im sure there is some degree in difference on the level of protection, protecting a friend from bullies is nowhere near as intense as protecting a loved one from certain death at the hands of a hollow.
the difference is indeed huge. too bad orihime is tatsuki's best friend in life and orhime WAS facing certain death at the hands of a hollow. in fact, she and orihime were in the exact same situation, and orihime's latent powers surfaced while tatsuki got her butt kicked big time. too bad chad was protecting karin not his beloved abuelo when his powers awakened

Quote:
how does calling aizen middle level make me intensly hate him? if anything im being pretty reasonable. he hasnt beaten any high level captains without the use of his illusions.
reasonable you are. let's see what you've said: renji's bankai makes him captain level. in other words, the ability of renji's zanpakutou, which btw is part of renji's own strength is taken into account while judging his level. when people talke about byakuya's captain rank, they consider his bankai as part of his strength. in fact, when talking about the strength of just about every captain, you take the abilities of their zanpakutous, be it powerful or weak, cheesy or cool, into account. that's EVERYONE EXCEPT aizen. with talking about aizen's level, it's aizen MINUS his zanpakutou ability by default. why the discrimination? because he's kicked your beloved hitsu's butt, he stabbed your beloved momo, he tricked your beloved yamaji, he scared your beloved grimmjow with mere reiatsu, because he made your beloved character look like TRASH, and you're PISSED OFF, that's all. that's indeed very reasonable.

A: sampras is an AA level tennise player
B: hell no, his only good because of his right arm. the backhand's just way too powerful. without his right arm, sampras's just amateur level
A: WTF?
B: i'm just being reasonable. have you seen sampras win a single set at wimbledon with his left arm?

i love your people's logic: if A's X ability is too strong and i don't like it, it should not be taken into account while considering A's power. let's see
kenpachi's reiatsu is very frikken large, so when talking about kenpachi's true level, we talk about kenpachi WITHOUT his reiatsu.
yamaji's reiatsu is HUGE, and his zanpakutou is the most powerful attack type, that's broken, let's look at yamaji without shikai or reiatsu and conclude he's VC level.
IN FACT, to be fair, let's have urahara create gigais for everyone so everyone can fight in the real world without reiatsu, zanpakutou or abilities. as it turns out, jidanbo is by far the most powerful shinigami!
and btw, did you read kubo's own words on aizen, and the other captains in souls databook?

anyway, people have the right to dream. bleach itself is but one gigantic shounen dream. you can keep believing that the main villian of this arc is below over half his subordinate's level, or tatsuki/rukia will kick espada ass, or the vastorode lurking among numeros was killed by rukia, or momo will get bankai, become vaizard and pwn aizen, or kenpachi will fuse with yachiru and nell to become super hybrid lv.4 and destroy planet earth, whatever floats your boat
__________________
我是馬甲我怕誰? 只怕那把d-roy當瓦級的超級無敵火星大SB
hdx514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 01:53   Link #91
sx3
0 Gundam
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdx514 View Post
you brought up the whole argument/excuse of lack of protection, not "kubo changes things around", so let's stick to "protection". EVERYTHING changes. but instead of sitting around crying "SHIT happens", we build mathematical models based on the past and present to predict the future with reasonable accuracy


the difference is indeed huge. too bad orihime is tatsuki's best friend in life and orhime WAS facing certain death at the hands of a hollow. in fact, she and orihime were in the exact same situation, and orihime's latent powers surfaced while tatsuki got her butt kicked big time. too bad chad was protecting karin not his beloved abuelo when his powers awakened



reasonable you are. let's see what you've said: renji's bankai makes him captain level. in other words, the ability of renji's zanpakutou, which btw is part of renji's own strength is taken into account while judging his level. when people talke about byakuya's captain rank, they consider his bankai as part of his strength. in fact, when talking about the strength of just about every captain, you take the abilities of their zanpakutous, be it powerful or weak, cheesy or cool, into account. that's EVERYONE EXCEPT aizen. with talking about aizen's level, it's aizen MINUS his zanpakutou ability by default. why the discrimination? because he's kicked your beloved hitsu's butt, he stabbed your beloved momo, he tricked your beloved yamaji, he scared your beloved grimmjow with mere reiatsu, because he made your beloved character look like TRASH, and you're PISSED OFF, that's all. that's indeed very reasonable.

A: sampras is an AA level tennise player
B: hell no, his only good because of his right arm. the backhand's just way too powerful. without his right arm, sampras's just amateur level
A: WTF?
B: i'm just being reasonable. have you seen sampras win a single set at wimbledon with his left arm?

and btw, did you read kubo's own words on aizen, and the other captains in souls databook?

anyway, people have the right to dream. bleach itself is but one gigantic shounen dream. you can keep believing that the main villian of this arc is below over half his subordinate's level, or tatsuki/rukia will kick espada ass, or the vastorode lurking among numeros was killed by rukia, or momo will get bankai, become vaizard and pwn aizen, or kenpachi will fuse with yachiru and nell to become super hybrid lv.4 and destroy planet earth, whatever floats your boat
>=( he scared my beloved grimmjow
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 02:27   Link #92
hdx514
馬甲
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portofino
i know. and i think kubo went too far there. but what can i do, it's his manga. the thing with the villian is, the more far-fetchedly powerful you make them, the more stupidly flawed/cliched you'll have to make their character in order for them to fail in the end. aizen is obviously a very cliched character. he's full of bull crap explanations for his actions but in the end he's making every single dumbass mistake all those other villians are making out there. but just because he's cliched doesn't mean you can dismiss his power. just because you hate ichigo doesn't mean you can dismiss him as the center of bleachverse. just because i like yachiru doesn't mean i can't acknowledge her as trash. the jap imperialistic fanboys thought they could go against the nukes, thought their little yamato would go against fleets. that's retarded patriotism/fanboyism.

bleach is not too bad, least aizen's not shown with tremendous growth rate. sometimes the author makes the villians too powerful and grow even faster than the hero, getting himself stuck in a corner, case Hunter X Hunter. sometimes the"character flaws" are put in too abruptly which results in a rubbish ending, case death note, in which the "villian" suddenly experienced literally a 60% drop in IQ near the end.
__________________
我是馬甲我怕誰? 只怕那把d-roy當瓦級的超級無敵火星大SB
hdx514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 12:45   Link #93
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdx514
tatsuki's had her chances with protection, and kubo made her fail them all. i think his message is crystal clear. people have unrealistic high hopes for tatsuki because we can't see things straight when we're desperately in love with someone. that applies to everyone. which is precisely why we should only love the characters kubo himself love the most (i.e. gave the most power/potential etc.), this way our warped view should be in general agreement with his, and in a warped universe created by kubo, that equals "seeing things straight".
There's no problem in having high hopes for characters even if they are unrealistic, especially since "reality" in a manga can change in an instant. What would you have said to fans of Isshin a year ago if they said they thought he should be given captain-level shinigami powers, when at the time it appeared he couldn't even see spirits, got his ass kicked by Ichigo on a regular basis, and couldn't prevent the murder of his wife by the Grand Fisher? If your reasoning was anything like the logic you use for all the other characters, you would've dismissed him as rubbish and said there was no way he could be a shinigami. Hell, I would've agreed with you, but we know now he's in fact a captain-level shingami and there's no arguing with it, so who knows what Kubo has in store for the other characters. Their roles can literally change on a whim. It's only when these hopes have been absolutely disproven or are being presented as fact by their fans that should be called inappropiate.

But that being said I don't think Tatsuki will recieve powers. Not because the idea is too far-fetched (though I admit, it would be hard to explain her having captain lvl powers so soon without retconning her entire story) it's simply that the plate is full as it is. There's little room for more heroes.

Let's see, if you take out the cannon fodder and the Tres Cifras that will certainly be defeated by Ichigo and co. this arc that leaves:

the Espada, Wonderweiss, Gin, Tousen and Aizen. Aizen might create 2 or 3 more Espada lvl arrancar, so let's say 17 major enemies

Meanwhile you have: Ichigo and gang (Renji, Chad, Orihime Ishida and Rukia), the vizards(not including Ichigo), 10 remaining captains, Ikkaku, Yumichika and Masumoto (who are hinted to achieve bankai soon), Isshin and Ryuuken, then finally Youroichi and Urahara

That's 31 potential captain-level heroes right there (29 if you wouldn't classify Rukia and Orihime). There's no sense in adding another super-powered hero as things are going right now, when the characters that already exist need to see more action.


Quote:
Originally Posted by felixm477
and on a side note of all the aizen power talk, i consider aizen a middle level captain, he hasnt demostrated any raw power in any battle that wasnt against a captain that even kenpachi could handle. the battle with hitsugaya would have been a win for hitsugaya had it not been for the illusion. basically aizen is just a middle range captain with the most exagerated cheating shikai ever. hed obviously beat anyone my tricking all 5 senses. had it not been for that im sure aizen would have been dead pretty early in the SS series.
I'm afraid this is utterly untrue. Aizen is one of the most overpowered villains I've ever seen. Even without his zanpakuto (which is insanely overpowered in itself) he stopped Ichigo's bankai with one finger. This was no illusion, since Ichigo never laid eyes on his shikai. Then there's his reiatsu, which was enough to overwhelm Grimmjow, a captain-class fighter himself. Compare this to the strongest of the Gotei 13, Yamamato, who was only seen to overwhelm a VC with his reiatsu. All this and we haven't even seen his bankai yet. In fact, Aizen is so powerful I would go so far to say that defeating him won't just be a matter of Ichigo getting stronger, but also finding or creating a weakness in Aizen to exploit.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 17:06   Link #94
hdx514
馬甲
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portofino
Quote:
There's no problem in having high hopes for characters even if they are unrealistic, especially since "reality" in a manga can change in an instant. What would you have said to fans of Isshin a year ago if they said they thought he should be given captain-level shinigami powers, when at the time it appeared he couldn't even see spirits, got his ass kicked by Ichigo on a regular basis, and couldn't prevent the murder of his wife by the Grand Fisher? If your reasoning was anything like the logic you use for all the other characters, you would've dismissed him as rubbish and said there was no way he could be a shinigami. Hell, I would've agreed with you, but we know now he's in fact a captain-level shingami and there's no arguing with it, so who knows what Kubo has in store for the other characters. Their roles can literally change on a whim. It's only when these hopes have been absolutely disproven or are being presented as fact by their fans that should be called inappropiate.
1. the poster was talking about lack of protection as an excuse, i proved him wrong, that was the argument, you don't just drop the argument when you can't continue.

2. forecast are never 100% accurate, but we can still make good predictions based on the past and present. the "shit happens" mentality gets you no where. bleach is shounen manga which follows a general formula. it's not something with twist and turns everywhere. how many aizens and isshins have you seen in bleach?

using your logic of:
Quote:
It's only when these hopes have been absolutely disproven or are being presented as fact by their fans that should be called inappropiate.
any dicussion regarding the future, power ranking or indeed anything not manga fact is pointless, because SHIT HAPPENS. even if something is manga fact, it can still change, because SHIT HAPPENS. i can predict that kaien is alive and will suddenly reveal himself as the true mastermind behind aizen with an ability that controls every being on earth, S.S. and hell, that's not at all inappropriate or kaien fanboyism or plain retardation because it has not being completely disproven, and a similar thing happened with aizen that no one predicted beforehand

Quote:
Yumichika and Masumoto (who are hinted to achieve bankai soon)
so now the early, unsuccessful stages of bankai training = hint of getting bankai soon? oh i see, it's not completely disproven. okay then.

Quote:
I'm afraid this is utterly untrue.
if matsumoto fans are looking forward to her start training for bankai and get it in weeks, then hitsu fans sure as hell can look forward to aizen being a mid level captain and hitsu getting catastrophe-kai and super vaizard whatever in hours then kick aizen's butt. after all compared to hitsu matsumoto's nothing.

kubo has not written specifically in the databook that aizen's NOT MID LEVEL CAPTAIN. or grimmjow weren't scared because he's under hypnosis. and ichigo most probably saw aizen's shikai release when he pwned komamura, so he's under hypnosis too. nothing against mid-level captain aizen is absolutely proven. also, aizen might not have bankai, suddenly loose his shikai or experience a sudden power drop and become mid level captain, or VC class, or even regular shinigami. it's not proven that aizen can't get a power drop or loose shikai. it's happened with other villians in other manga, who knows, SHIT HAPPENS.
__________________
我是馬甲我怕誰? 只怕那把d-roy當瓦級的超級無敵火星大SB
hdx514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 19:12   Link #95
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdx514 View Post

1. the poster was talking about lack of protection as an excuse, i proved him wrong, that was the argument, you don't just drop the argument when you can't continue.

2. forecast are never 100% accurate, but we can still make good predictions based on the past and present. the "shit happens" mentality gets you no where. bleach is shounen manga which follows a general formula. it's not something with twist and turns everywhere. how many aizens and isshins have you seen in bleach?
I see. So people should just play it safe and not post any ideas about the strength of any character unless it's about how weak they are compared to Aizen and Ichigo. That way they'll look smart when they're correct that Ichigo eventually beats everyone he comes across because he's the hero and Aizen doesn't lose to anyone except Ichigo. And if they do get some insane idea like a supporting character growing in strength they should remember the rule of all shounen: "All other characters are incapable of sudden leaps in power except the hero and the main villain. All other characters are shit and are meaningless compared to them. At all times. No exceptions." (it's written in the Bible kids, look it up)


Quote:
any dicussion regarding the future, power ranking or indeed anything not manga fact is pointless, because SHIT HAPPENS. even if something is manga fact, it can still change, because SHIT HAPPENS. i can predict that kaien is alive and will suddenly reveal himself as the true mastermind behind aizen with an ability that controls every being on earth, S.S. and hell, that's not at all inappropriate or kaien fanboyism or plain retardation because it has not being completely disproven, and a similar thing happened with aizen that no one predicted beforehand
Yeah, I see where you're coming from. Everyone dislikes theories out the blue. I would cringe at seeing things like "Hanatorau has bankai". But all theories have different levels of likelihood. I don't understand why it's okay for you to say Ichigo's shikai can pwn Renji's bankai and claim it's fact when it hasn't in any way been directly proven (there's some evidence, yes, but it's still just an opinion) but when someone suggests Tatsuki might get powers it's a pathetic dream, especially since

1) Ichigo has already caused powers to manifest in some of his friends

2) Tatsuki is already a skilled fighter, whose martial arts skill would probably make her quite powerful if she developed reiatsu powers.

Sure, we can say it's unlikely at this point, but just dismissing it because you think you know Kubo so well that it can't be possible? Argue you with it all you want, bring up manga facts, but all this "You're a [insert any character except Ichigo and Aizen] fanboy. Shounen law states this must happen.."


Quote:
so now the early, unsuccessful stages of bankai training = hint of getting bankai soon? oh i see, it's not completely disproven. okay then.
If there weren't a possibility of them getting bankai, why would Kubo have shown them training to obtain it at all? Oh I see, he was trying to see which readers were smart enough to realize that they were actually too weak to ever get bankai. Congratulations for being able to see through the facade!


Quote:
if matsumoto fans are looking forward to her start training for bankai and get it in weeks, then hitsu fans sure as hell can look forward to aizen being a mid level captain and hitsu getting catastrophe-kai and super vaizard whatever in hours then kick aizen's butt. after all compared to hitsu matsumoto's nothing.
Yeah, you're right. Renji's nothing compared to Byakuya and we saw how many years of training it took him to get bankai. No wait, it wasn't years...it was days

Quote:
kubo has not written specifically in the databook that aizen's NOT MID LEVEL CAPTAIN. or grimmjow weren't scared because he's under hypnosis. and ichigo most probably saw aizen's shikai release when he pwned komamura, so he's under hypnosis too. nothing against mid-level captain aizen is absolutely proven. also, aizen might not have bankai, suddenly loose his shikai or experience a sudden power drop and become mid level captain, or VC class, or even regular shinigami. it's not proven that aizen can't get a power drop or loose shikai. it's happened with other villians in other manga, who knows, SHIT HAPPENS.
Okay, I'll play along. You caught a fatal flaw in my post. I dismissed someone's idea. I have no choice but to admit that all ideas are stupid and retarded fanboyism with the exception of Ichigo being strongest and Aizen destroying all.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 22:40   Link #96
felixm477
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I'm afraid this is utterly untrue. Aizen is one of the most overpowered villains I've ever seen. Even without his zanpakuto (which is insanely overpowered in itself) he stopped Ichigo's bankai with one finger. This was no illusion, since Ichigo never laid eyes on his shikai. Then there's his reiatsu, which was enough to overwhelm Grimmjow, a captain-class fighter himself. Compare this to the strongest of the Gotei 13, Yamamato, who was only seen to overwhelm a VC with his reiatsu. All this and we haven't even seen his bankai yet. In fact, Aizen is so powerful I would go so far to say that defeating him won't just be a matter of Ichigo getting stronger, but also finding or creating a weakness in Aizen to exploit.
hes not insaleny powerful i gave him middle level for a reason hes no weakling thats for sure but hes not "insanely powerful" oh wow he held off ichigos bankai with his finger big whoop considering ichigo can battle toe to toe with say byakuya at bankai when it comes to speed he doesnt fair too well with pysically stronger fighters since he sacrifices a great deal of strength for speed. aizen and any other middle class captain could probably deflect ichigos blade with a finger. as for his reiatsu overwhelming grimjaw that cant be used in comparison with past events because for all we know aizen could have gone vizard without notice and doubled his reiatsu. ichigo was overwhelemed at first by kenpachis reiatsu and he didnt exactly lose did he. aizen may be powerful but hes by no means insaely powerful or he would have been destroyed SS long ago. aizen has had to depend heavily on his illusionary abilities to get away with things even using them in battle to win.
felixm477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 22:44   Link #97
felixm477
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdx514 View Post
1. the poster was talking about lack of protection as an excuse, i proved him wrong, that was the argument, you don't just drop the argument when you can't continue.

2. forecast are never 100% accurate, but we can still make good predictions based on the past and present. the "shit happens" mentality gets you no where. bleach is shounen manga which follows a general formula. it's not something with twist and turns everywhere. how many aizens and isshins have you seen in bleach?

.
u didnt "prove" anyone wrong you mearly gave another direction. the fact still stands:

-Tatsuki could see hollows as long as Orihime has been able to if not longer.
-In training both chad and orihime HAD to recreat their emotions they had that day in order to activate their powers.

if you had disproven me then they wouldnt have needed to do any reflection on their feelings and their need to protect someone to powerup they would simply just have activated them another way.

ide like to know what this general forumula is because from what ive seen in these series is that characters generate their powers based more on emotions and will to proect while those with items get trounced.
felixm477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 02:41   Link #98
ichigoismyhomie
ichigo's homie
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: da great state of kalipornyaaah
is the new chapter coming out this week or not? it's been 3 weeks since the last chapter is out. i can feel my withdrawal from lack of new bleach chapter...
__________________
currently watching: bleach, Claymore...I'm trying to quit watching anime.....2 more series to go...then I'm done
ichigoismyhomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 02:55   Link #99
striderm
Adusa #1
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yeah it's this week.

Spoiler:
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 04:01   Link #100
hdx514
馬甲
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portofino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
unless it's about how weak they are compared to Aizen and Ichigo.
never in any way said or implied that. please distinguish between "main enemy level"and "big boss level", and between "EVERYONE IN BLEACH" and "those who were outclassed by shounen hero 100 chapters ago"

Quote:
All other characters are incapable of sudden leaps in power except the hero and the main villain.
never in any way said or implied that. please distinguish between "shounen hero" and "main villian". main villian capable of power leap ala shounen hero WTF? please also distinguish between "EVERYONE IN BLEACH" and "those who were outclassed by shounen hero 100 chapters ago and didn't show an iota of decent growth for the past decade"

Quote:
All other characters are shit and are meaningless compared to them. At all times. No exceptions."
never in any way said or implied that. please distinguish between "EVERYONE IN BLEACH" and "those who were outclassed by shounen hero 100 chapters ago"

Quote:
but when someone suggests Tatsuki might get powers it's a pathetic dream
never in any way said or implied that. please distinguish between "getting power" and "getting power useful enough to fight main level enemy, i.e. espadas"
seeing how easily grimmjow owned bankai ichigo, how easily replacement ruppi owned bankai hitsugaya (would have won if the fight was 1 vs 1), how hitsu's full powered shikai does zero damage to unreleased yammi, it's clear that even a low ranking espada in HM would be able to own S.S. arc renji bankai AND S.S. arc ichigo bankai without release. you think S.S. arc shikai ichigo pwning S.S. arc bankai renji's far fetched? then how about tatsuki pwning someone capable of pwning bankai renji?

the hybrid arc saw the enemy going from released numeros to released prevalions, and the next logical step would be released espadas. whether tatsuki gets say S.S. chad level powers, doesn't matter the slightest bit. chad got seat/VC level powers in S.S., and he did shit. the only ones that did shit in S.S. arc were ichigo and ishida, both ultimately reached captain level and beyond in their battles. i don't see why it's going to be any different now.

Quote:
If there weren't a possibility of them getting bankai, why would Kubo have shown them training to obtain it at all? Oh I see, he was trying to see which readers were smart enough to realize that they were actually too weak to ever get bankai. Congratulations for being able to see through the facade!
if renji's bankai weren't going to do the slightest damage against shikai byakuya, WTH would kubo have shown it at all, and gave us an initial impression of it being all powerful? oh i see, kubo was just trying to make sure the readers are not dumb enough to believe that actually having a bankai would make a weakling like renji stand any chance against byakuya.

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. Renji's nothing compared to Byakuya and we saw how many years of training it took him to get bankai. No wait, it wasn't years...it was days
by george you're right, oh wait no, you missed the part in the manga which showed that renji had started bankai training with ikkaku quite possibly decades ago. EVERYONE gets bankai in days, or hours, that's at the end of their decades of bankai training.

Quote:
Okay, I'll play along. You caught a fatal flaw in my post. I dismissed someone's idea. I have no choice but to admit that all ideas are stupid and retarded fanboyism with the exception of Ichigo being strongest and Aizen destroying all.
never in any way said or implied that. please distinguish between "shounen hero = strongest" and "shounen hero stronger than anyone he outclassed100 chapters ago"

of course there's ichigo/aizen fanboyism. the idea of ichigo being a bigger tech genius than urahara is utter fanboyism. the idea of ichigo being a genius in all areas of shinigami combat is utter fanboyism, and the list goes on and on. ishida is strong because he's demonstrated how strong he is in his ultimate form. renji's weak because he's demonstrated how weak he is against byakuya. and byakuya isn't shit compared to grimmjow, and there you have it.

Quote:
u didnt "prove" anyone wrong you mearly gave another direction. the fact still stands:
really? let's see
Quote:
Tasuki received her spiritual awareness around the time chad and orihime had theres if not hers was even a bit more advaced in instances.
wrong, not any more advanced

Quote:
when chad and orihime got their powers they both had a similar situation in wich they had to protect someone important to them. ...Tasuki as of yet hasnt had this emotional situation
wrong. she has had that emotional situation multiple times.

Quote:
In training both chad and orihime HAD to recreat their emotions they had that day in order to activate their powers.
wrong. their powers already showed before the training battling. tatsuki never showed ANYTHING when facing the same situation as orihime. she got her ass whopped and orihime saved her ass. explain that.

Quote:
im sure there is some degree in difference on the level of protection, protecting a friend from bullies is nowhere near as intense as protecting a loved one from certain death at the hands of a hollow.
wrong. first, tatsuki and orihime were in the same situation. so however intense it was for orihime, it could only be more intense for tatsuki, because she was supposed to protect orihime. and chad's power surfaced when he was trying to protect karin, whom he does not love
__________________
我是馬甲我怕誰? 只怕那把d-roy當瓦級的超級無敵火星大SB
hdx514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.