AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-22, 21:22   Link #81
CrimsonBlitz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
your right

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
No, my point is that Zakus didn't and don't need vulcans to destroy Balls, of all things.
During the battle of Solomon a Zaku didnt waste its bullets on a ball. He just kicked it.

Problem solved. Left foot kick = anti-ball tactic
CrimsonBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 03:39   Link #82
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orange County
Zakus didn't need anything to destroy Balls, all they need was to take a page out of Char's book XD

Throughout various mangas some facts have been pointed out :

-By the end of OYW Zeon's MS technology and NT research was superior to the Fed's
-Zeon pilots are generally better than the Fed's
-The only reason Zeon lost it's because they ran out of resources

CDA really needs to get translated for the mass gundam fans XD
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34701&dateline=122081  2182
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 19:14   Link #83
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio, Holy Empire of Britannia
Age: 20
Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Sorry about stupid question apart from being effing pretty what are Destiny's wings supposed to do because mahq says something about afterimages but I haven't noticed anything weird about them in a operation ragnarock video i watched to check.
__________________
Fear the wrath of mai bunny.
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 20:21   Link #84
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
The blurry afterimages is supposed to confuse opponents, but like you have observed, it failed to produce that effect. Instead of looking confusing, it draws all attention to it looking pretty.

This is just another failed attempt of bringing back an old Gundam ability.

Gundam F91 was the first to have afterimages as a side effect of its cooling systems. It sheds off layers of heated particles to quickly cool its weaponary, as a side effect, the heat particles form after images as it speeds around.

Wings of Light comes from V Gundam, V2 Gundam's Minovsky thrusters are so powerful, it can condense the particles into a pair of beam wings which can stretch for a kilometre or so, he uses that to shred enemies as he flies past them.

Destiny's wings did not fool any opponent with afterimages and didn't shred any.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 20:50   Link #85
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The blurry afterimages is supposed to confuse opponents, but like you have observed, it failed to produce that effect. Instead of looking confusing, it draws all attention to it looking pretty.

This is just another failed attempt of bringing back an old Gundam ability.

Gundam F91 was the first to have afterimages as a side effect of its cooling systems. It sheds off layers of heated particles to quickly cool its weaponary, as a side effect, the heat particles form after images as it speeds around.

Wings of Light comes from V Gundam, V2 Gundam's Minovsky thrusters are so powerful, it can condense the particles into a pair of beam wings which can stretch for a kilometre or so, he uses that to shred enemies as he flies past them.

Destiny's wings did not fool any opponent with afterimages and didn't shred any.
And don't forget Destiny's Palma Fiocina which is a failed attempt at bringing back the Shining Finger (thanks to Fukuda/Morosawa nerfing its ranged abilities)...
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 21:19   Link #86
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The blurry afterimages is supposed to confuse opponents, but like you have observed, it failed to produce that effect. Instead of looking confusing, it draws all attention to it looking pretty.
When it first appeared in this series, i just took it as them not wanting to carry on the afterimage that is supposed to distract the enemy. Either way it's fail on their part.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 05:45   Link #87
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
And don't forget Destiny's Palma Fiocina which is a failed attempt at bringing back the Shining Finger (thanks to Fukuda/Morosawa nerfing its ranged abilities)...
Poor Destiny, he tried so hard to grab Kira... so hard... but failed.
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 11:14   Link #88
LordStrike
Gundam Meister
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA-Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Poor Destiny, he tried so hard to grab Kira... so hard... but failed.
lol yea he was like

Shinn: SHIIIIIIINIIIING FIIIINGAH!

Kira: Shut up wrong Gundam anime

*there goes the beating* XD
LordStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 07:15   Link #89
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Orgrimmar
I wanna Discuss about one of The Best Gundam ever made (second only to Legend IMO)...Stargazer...You know..Those Beam Ring Cutters it got...Plus it's super-speed-Voiture Lumiere Ring Thruster...Doesn't it makes it Virtually the Strongest Close-Combat Unit ever made??... Even compared to IJ...It's Beam Rings are even Stretchable to Mid-Range Battle plus Super-Speed like Destiny....No one dares to Take it on a Closecombat as it offense and defense Beam Rings can cut anything in it's range.....
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 07:53   Link #90
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Legend only rely on its Dragoon for combat.If all of his dragoon get destroyed,he's toast. Anyway,Stargazer weakness is his power source, & lack of long range weaponry.I've play Rengou vs Zaft 2 & Stargazer has the most best melee move & it also have somekind of nuclear bomb.
__________________
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 08:07   Link #91
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin View Post
I wanna Discuss about one of The Best Gundam ever made (second only to Legend IMO)...Stargazer...You know..Those Beam Ring Cutters it got...Plus it's super-speed-Voiture Lumiere Ring Thruster...Doesn't it makes it Virtually the Strongest Close-Combat Unit ever made??... Even compared to IJ...It's Beam Rings are even Stretchable to Mid-Range Battle plus Super-Speed like Destiny....No one dares to Take it on a Closecombat as it offense and defense Beam Rings can cut anything in it's range.....
Stronger close combat unit: Shining Gundam. Strongest close combat unit: God Gundam.

Actually there are like another 20 or so 'stronger close combat units' and 3 or so between stronger and strongest.

God Gundam, if he wants to show off his speed, you'll find yourself taking on 6 of his afterimages. He punches and kicks with a few thousand strikes per minute. With just his fingers, he can detonate your MS. It is basically a Super Saiyan Gundam complete with Super Saiyan style Hyper Mode and Kamehameha.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 08:08   Link #92
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Orgrimmar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Legend only rely on its Dragoon for combat.If all of his dragoon get destroyed,he's toast. Anyway,Stargazer weakness is his power source, & lack of long range weaponry.I've play Rengou vs Zaft 2 & Stargazer has the most best melee move & it also have somekind of nuclear bomb.
Yeah..My Source is also ZAFT vs EA 2...ayway, I'm not referring to the game...
but i'm talking about it's Close-Combat capability....It does lacks of FirePower but In Close-Combat Battles, It's a God....Even if compared to Justice....In my opinion...

Quote:
Stronger close combat unit: Shining Gundam. Strongest close combat unit: God Gundam.

Actually there are like another 20 or so 'stronger close combat units' and 3 or so between stronger and strongest.

God Gundam, if he wants to show off his speed, you'll find yourself taking on 6 of his afterimages. He punches and kicks with a few thousand strikes per minute. With just his fingers, he can detonate your MS. It is basically a Super Saiyan Gundam complete with Super Saiyan style Hyper Mode and Kamehameha.
God Gundam is a Cheat...DOn't compare a Normal MS with that thing please...
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 08:17   Link #93
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin View Post
God Gundam is a Cheat...DOn't compare a Normal MS with that thing please...
Domon certainly didn't cheat to become that strong. He trained all his life to become what he is. God Gundam is just an MS with the specs to handle Domon's abilities. Meaning God Gundam is a machine best built for melee fighting.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 08:23   Link #94
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin View Post
Yeah..My Source is also ZAFT vs EA 2...ayway, I'm not referring to the game...
but i'm talking about it's Close-Combat capability....It does lacks of FirePower but In Close-Combat Battles, It's a God....Even if compared to Justice....In my opinion...
Err...I did'nt say i'm referring to the game actually. IF Stargazer has the same engine with SFreedom & some ranged weaponry,it will be more stronger.Too bad Sunrise does'nt make a sequel,Stargazer gundam has become fan favourite.

Agree,God Gundam & Shining Gundam cannot be compare to Stargazer.They both are differrent in its nature.
__________________
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 08:27   Link #95
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Well Miyamoto Shin did not explicitly state the scope of comparison.

Even in the same universe, The entire Astray Red Frame line would be up there as strongest melee MS.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 08:38   Link #96
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Orgrimmar
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Well Miyamoto Shin did not explicitly state the scope of comparison.

Even in the same universe, The entire Astray Red Frame line would be up there as strongest melee MS.
Call me Shin please m8...Yeah..I forgot to tell you the comparison, but I mean just compare it with at least normal MS...

By the way...Astray??..strongest combat unit??...really?...more even than IJ??
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 08:42   Link #97
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin View Post
Call me Shin please m8...Yeah..I forgot to tell you the comparison, but I mean just compare it with at least normal MS...

By the way...Astray??..strongest combat unit??...really?...more even than IJ??
The Astray manga series, if you do not know.

'Powered Red' has a 150 metre long katana, even Phase Shift is useless against it.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 08:43   Link #98
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Even in the same universe, The entire Astray Red Frame line would be up there as strongest melee MS.
You mean the Red Frame,it has over kill weapon i must say & very innovative too.
Astray Frame line probably one of the best design Gundam to me.
__________________

Last edited by RAVNEN; 2008-12-18 at 08:44. Reason: CA ninja-ed me.* facepalm*
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 08:48   Link #99
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Orgrimmar
Lol...Phase shift is pretty much Useless on almost any kind of Melee weapon...150 meter katana?...with Stargazer's Beam Rings that can be stretched to reach to that extend and even more...Plus stargazer beam Rings is surrounding it and keeps rotating like a barrier that can slice anything in it's range which makes almost Melee attack can't reach it coz It'll cut your weapons off....

Spoiler for GSX:
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 08:57   Link #100
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Powered Red's katana isn't a beam weapon, but its powerful enough to crush a Gundam with Phase-Shift on, into two. Actually he can slice Gundams even with his normal sized katana, Gerbera Straight, as well.

The 150m Gerbera Straight is not a thin blade, its broader than a gundam and is anti-beam coated. It crushes anything if not sliced.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.