AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-04-20, 11:30   Link #521
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Clare is so inconsistent, first she tells Raki that he shouldn't expect kindness from her but then goes out of her way to save 2 nameless strangers at the detriment of her mission
There's a pretty big difference between stopping a couple guards from roughing someone up and stopping a youma from skewering them outright. The Claymores' purpose is to protect humans from the youma. Wouldn't say much for her ability to do her job if she just let them get killed. Plus, she's not Raki's personal bodyguard when it comes to dealing with other humans, especially when he initiated that confrontation (biting the guard's arm).

On the other hand, we can follow Raki's lead with his feelings that she actually is a kindhearted person, regardless of the face she puts on.

Quote:
Interesting explanation. But why aren't there complaints about Claire being annoying on account of not being feminine enough then? Because anime fans are more used to female characters like her than male characters like Raki?
Because it's nice to have a strong female lead on occasion? (eg: Saya from Blood) But a simpering female sidekick is just as annoying as a simpering male sidekick... (my own opinion, anyway)
Kinematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 11:43   Link #522
Seska

Well, lets give him his change. Perhaps he will be a truthfully backup for Clare besides battles...
perhaps he keeps Clares soul balance between Youma and Human.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 12:06   Link #523
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
That's rather odd cause she had her silver eyes back during the meeting between her and the priest in the cathedral tower at night.
Ah, yes I missed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska
and Raki, shame on you... i wonder how she smiles like a .... aehm.. it's nothing
Yeah! I can't tell you how disappointing that was.

About Raki, I don't like the fact that he's basically been pushed to the background; especially in episode 3. I'm not too sure what he's there for anymore. For starters I'd like to see more development with him.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 12:42   Link #524
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
Clare is so inconsistent, first she tells Raki that he shouldn't expect kindness from her but then goes out of her way to save 2 nameless strangers at the detriment of her mission
I think she's not so much inconsistent, as she is hypocritical. She says one thing, but in reality she does the other. She's really just trying to keep Raki from feeling too warmly towards her, since she knows nothing good can come of this in the end.
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 15:27   Link #525
crinaea
white cotton pantsu

Spoiler:
i just wanna bang you
crinaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 16:03   Link #526
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by crinaea View Post
Spoiler:
She wants him as a cook? I mean, she said she needed him to cook. I think that is what Raki is.
Defiled one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 17:34   Link #527
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable View Post
Wasn't it just because Rabon doesn't allow any kind of unhuman creatures in? I say it's just blind following of religious principles.
No, because they can't tell who is a youma. They may have a rule about "no youma allowed." But really, the youma must sneak in all the time. Why should they obey the rule? That is why there is a curfew and armed guards all over the place.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 19:46   Link #528
GriS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
As for speculations, my thinking was going on the direction that the Yoma was Father Vincent. He even looks as a Yoma to begin with.
Seems i'm not the only one. I also thought his head resembles that of yoma but I dismiss it as my wild imagination. However the preview indicates it isn't my imagination
GriS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 19:48   Link #529
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriS View Post
the preview indicates it isn't my imagination
Maybe, but previews are often intentionally misleading.
Old 2007-04-20, 23:39   Link #530
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
On the identity of the Youma:

Spoiler:

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 23:53   Link #531
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
On the identity of the Youma:

Spoiler:
Well the possibility can't be dismissed but I feel quite unlikely.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-21, 03:01   Link #532
Seska

Okay...
Spoiler:
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 03:29   Link #533
GriS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Okay...
Spoiler:
Uh? I thought we saw this in episode 3 when clare's sword pierced his right eye
Old 2007-04-21, 05:23   Link #534
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
I'm sad to inform you all, but it seems like Clare have contracted a severe form of disease known in the world of anime.

That's right, Clare have tsundereism. It's rather mild at the moment but please inform the local doctor if she exhibits symptoms such as yelling 'baka' or 'urusai' at random.
Old 2007-04-21, 05:31   Link #535
zato_1one

It's a big different between "human hits human" and "Youma attacks human". Normally Claymore won't do anything if it's not her mission or not in life threaten situation. In inn, even if those guard hit Clare instead, I doubt she will do something. Because she was trained to be that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crinaea View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriS View Post
Uh? I thought we saw this in episode 3 when clare's sword pierced his right eye
He means in Ep.4 you can know who is Youma by notice his right eye.

Last edited by zato_1one; 2007-04-21 at 05:51.
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 08:54   Link #536
GriS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I'm sad to inform you all, but it seems like Clare have contracted a severe form of disease known in the world of anime.

That's right, Clare have tsundereism. It's rather mild at the moment but please inform the local doctor if she exhibits symptoms such as yelling 'baka' or 'urusai' at random.
I disagree. There is not even a sign of affection from Clare so far. I doubt we will hear such words from her throughout the plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
He means in Ep.4 you can know who is Youma by notice his right eye.
I still don't understand but I shall wait till it is aired to see for myself.
Old 2007-04-21, 09:56   Link #537
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Tsundereism requires more openness of emotion. I can imagine Clare's face in a rage, or laughing uncontrollably, because it's all the same face. She's more like a grown up goth-loli than a tsundere charactor...
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 10:42   Link #538
LCeh

I am surprised by how many people are already making conclusions about the plot and the characters with only 3 episodes aired. Let's not forget that we are only at volume 2 right now while there are 12 volumes out, and things do change. It's interesting to see statements like "I doubt Clare would say something like that" when we only know so little about the characters.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 13:27   Link #539
Joojoobees

It's even more surprising to see her described as a grown-up loli. Still trying to wrap my head around that.
Old 2007-04-21, 13:37   Link #540
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
I am surprised by how many people are already making conclusions about the plot and the characters with only 3 episodes aired. Let's not forget that we are only at volume 2 right now while there are 12 volumes out, and things do change. It's interesting to see statements like "I doubt Clare would say something like that" when we only know so little about the characters.
Calm down, calm down. I know how you feel since I have read up to chapter 71 myself and been annoyed by these guesses from time to time. But it should be understood it is just natural and inevitable for first-time-viewers draw conclusion or speculations own their own based on limited info. This sort of guess or even much wilder ideas happens quite often in those original anime series (for example, the current-airing series StrikerS), and none feels annoyed. It just happens you know what is going to happen and they donno. But let they do their speculations, it hurts no one. Just calm down; wait and see; time will judge if they are right or wrong.