AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-05-05, 07:59   Link #861
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by flick View Post
I'm sure I read somewhere it would be 50 episodes of anime, so at the pace it's going... (snipping out various bits of the manga) someone might be able to speculate how many volumes?
If it has 50 episodes. Consider the pace of anime, there should have many anime original. Don't sure if it's good or bad. But from my experience, anime original makes me more disappoint than satisfy.

But I wouldn't mind watching if it reveals more past of other Claymores. I also want to see loli version of other Claymore besides Clare.

By the way, I think it has 26 episodes according to ANN.
Spoiler for where in the manga the anime should stop:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-05-06 at 04:02.
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 08:17   Link #862
Seska

Perhaps, they will shorten some Fightings scenes. See Clare in Episode 2 at the beginning. in the Anime its only 1:25 minutes, in the manga a lot more.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 19:41   Link #863
ZODDGUTS

The action scenes in the beggining of ep 5 were pretty good and how much of a difference level wise Teresa is from Clare.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 14:22   Link #864
Sable
Zetsubou Sensei

Well we got to see a little of angered Teresa in action - that was splendid. Waiting with anticipation for the next fight
Old 2007-05-09, 20:14   Link #865
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
If it has 50 episodes. Consider the pace of anime, there should have many anime original. Don't sure if it's good or bad. But from my experience, anime original makes me more disappoint than satisfy.

But I wouldn't mind watching if it reveals more past of other Claymores. I also want to see loli version of other Claymore besides Clare.

By the way, I think it has 26 episodes according to ANN.
Spoiler for where in the manga the anime should stop:
Is that feasible given that the rate has been 3 chapters an episode with the exception of the standalone in 2.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 22:22   Link #866
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
Is that feasible given that the rate has been 3 chapters an episode with the exception of the standalone in 2.
Well, it has been speculated that the early pace was particularly fast to get to the better part of the Manga. Presumably now or soon the adaptation slows down to make the most of the quality material.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 22:37   Link #867
alanmh

Send a message via AIM to alanmh
All I know is Loli-Clare made me tear up twice in episode 6.
alanmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 14:48   Link #868
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Donīt make me remember loli Clare ;_; She is so moe I was going to die, yet so normal unlike the cute face style nowadays.

And the voice acting was awesome, especialy the thief...Yes that one, his voice in the end made me shiver.
Defiled one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 21:59   Link #869
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I think it would have been poetic justice if a Youma had shown up and slaughtered all the bandits while Teresa watched, holding Clare.

Youma: Why aren't you stopping me, Claymore?

Teresa: Should I?

Youma: It's your job isn't it?

Teresa: Only when we get paid for it. Besides, all the people worth saving are already dead.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-05-11 at 01:22. Reason: removed spoiler
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 07:15   Link #870
Jinx999

It appears that the Bandits were deliberately designed by the Author to be more vicious and monstrous than the Youma.
Jinx999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 13:04   Link #871
HinaThePrince

Up 'till now the anime had been a nice eye-candy side dish for the manga, but episode 6 officially turned it into win for me. No Hand-kun had the perfect seiyuu, and Teresa was so full of win and love and I even got used to her hideous voice [Paku Romi was a horrible casting choice, doesn't suit Teresa at all and ruins all of the creepy-happy behavior that made her character so lovable from the first panel she appeared in]. Chibi Clare's is kind of annoying, though, whining "Teresa, Teresa" like some parrot. Oh well. STILL AWESOME.

Anyway, can't wait for the next episode, to hear Sophia, Noel and Arm-Dyke's [err, Ilena's] voices! <3
HinaThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 05:52   Link #872
lousy

Spoiler for response to bandits:
lousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 07:08   Link #873
Child_of_Sierra

apparently, slaying yoma is not charity (evidenced by teresa's threat in episode 5) so the question is not whether humans are worth saving because of their good nature but whether a group of humans in need can pay for the aid the organization provides
Old 2007-05-12, 07:50   Link #874
lousy

so.. why does the organisation actually provide this service? why do claymores kill? -to earn money? -to save human lives with their powers?
we know that claymores dont actually need money from teresa. they dont even use their money.
infact, the money goes to the organisation, which is most likely then spent on the claymore-isation process or on equipment etc. i.e. they dont need money at all. they hardly even eat.
anyway
Spoiler for :
lousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 13:48   Link #875
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
apparently, slaying yoma is not charity (evidenced by teresa's threat in episode 5)
I'm not sure that Teresa's "threat" was a true threat; the human was trying to pay her, and she rejected the money. Then the human started panicking that her description of who to give the money to was vague, and they might give the money to the wrong person, so she seemed to be teasing him with the remarks about youma destroying the town immediately after a payment does missing.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 23:41   Link #876
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post
Teresa was so full of win and love and I even got used to her hideous voice [Paku Romi was a horrible casting choice, doesn't suit Teresa at all and ruins all of the creepy-happy behavior that made her character so lovable from the first panel she appeared in]
IMO, Paku Romi's voice is perfect for Teresa. I always imagined Teresa having the condescending tone in her voice. Romi has a distinguished pitch and it kind of fits with the elite portrait of the character portrayed in the manga. I was hoping Teresa wouldn't sound too feminine and I felt that Romi delivered on that aspect.

Bah, different opinions I guess, lol.
Wosho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 00:34   Link #877
chrry370

Quote:
IMO, Paku Romi's voice is perfect for Teresa. I always imagined Teresa having the condescending tone in her voice. Romi has a distinguished pitch and it kind of fits with the elite portrait of the character portrayed in the manga. I was hoping Teresa wouldn't sound too feminine and I felt that Romi delivered on that aspect.

Bah, different opinions I guess, lol.
I too agree...i think Paku Romi did a great job in voicing Teresa. She's the right choice because i myself cannot imagine Teresa sounding feminine and obviously Romi can offer that. Hence her roles in FMA as Edward or Hitsu in bleach. Geez gotta love Hitsu from bleach..sorry being a little off topic!
chrry370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 18:34   Link #878
zoozoc
Anime is my drug....

I hope we get to see more of the 2 soldiers from the holy city (knife guy and the longsword guy), really liked them. Can't wait for the next episodes to come out.
zoozoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 20:14   Link #879
rarukyu
umeboshi

just saw ep 7 and i have to say what an aweeesome episode!!!

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-16, 20:59   Link #880
Archmagination2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarukyu View Post
just saw ep 7 and i have to say what an aweeesome episode!!!

Spoiler:
MUUUUUUUST CONTAIN MYSELF!! I will say this without it being a spoiler.. Awakening does not refer to Teresa using her Yoki powers and I believe it has already been mentioned before but this is the Claymore Clare's past.
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote