AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-01-02, 03:46   Link #1
Double_Edge
Cool Lander
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Help with Overlapping subtitles

Well, in code gease (gg fansub version) subtitles sometimes overlap eachother and I cannot read what they say at all.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Would Media Player Classic solve this problem? I use VLC, and I have never tried Media Player Classic. What is a safe site I can download MPC from?

By they way, if I did use media player classic, would I need to install seperate other things to get files to play?

I would REALLy appreciate some help here. =[
__________________
Signature eaten by fluffy bunnies...nom nom nom!
Double_Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 06:26   Link #2
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
Well, in code gease (gg fansub version) subtitles sometimes overlap eachother and I cannot read what they say at all.
Yes, basically VLC is the worst pile of **** you can get for softsubs (subtitles that can turn on/off)

VLC's subtitle filters are broken completely and it will never show you the soft subtitles the way the fansubbers wanted you to see them.

Quote:
What is a safe site I can download MPC from?

By they way, if I did use media player classic, would I need to install seperate other things to get files to play?
Follow the sticky:http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=34910

The MPC from CCCP is safe to use, everything is configured so that all the shows from the GG fansubgroup will work.
__________________
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 16:49   Link #3
Double_Edge
Cool Lander
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Alright, I installed the whole CCCP thing and the subtitles are just fine but sometimes an episode just pauses the picture while the sound still plays. What should i do?

Thanks for showing me where to get MPC by the way.

EDIT: Alright, never mind, I fixed the problem. The wonders of CAREFULLY reading FAQS is amazing. *feels stupid*
__________________
Signature eaten by fluffy bunnies...nom nom nom!

Last edited by Double_Edge; 2007-01-02 at 18:14. Reason: problem fixed
Double_Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 19:46   Link #4
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
@VLC

I have had a similar problem I was watching raws wih subs in srt file so I changed settings for that , I directed subtitles from that .srt file . When I normally watch soft subs now , I get overlapping subs and have to turn off subs ... ANd for files which dont have subs I get default subs ( last used soft subs file ) .

I dont get why I get overlapping subs ( same text ) this problem was non exsistant before I made that subtitles adjutsment . I know how to revert it but just out of curosity whats happening here ?
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 20:19   Link #5
Nicholi
King of Hosers
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 31
I don't know how you think you can revert the overlapping subs. Since that problem has existed since VLC has been rendering subtitles. It has never worked properly to my knowledge.

Though mplayer does now, along with full SSA/ASS rendering.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 20:33   Link #6
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholi View Post
I don't know how you think you can revert the overlapping subs.
I have already done it just changed default sub directory . Though I want to know why ie previous Post
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 15:39   Link #7
BOZZY
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
So this is a problem with VLC, eh? That sucks cause the only program that seems to want to display subtitles when playing MKV files on my Mac is VLC...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 17:20   Link #8
Nicholi
King of Hosers
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 31
mplayer... read the rest of the thread.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 23:37   Link #9
BOZZY
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I did read the rest of the thread (if that response is in reference to my post), and downloaded the SAC edition of Mplayer, but it doesn't display subtitles either.
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 06:18   Link #10
Yoshire
Scary No-Subber
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY View Post
I did read the rest of the thread (if that response is in reference to my post), and downloaded the SAC edition of Mplayer, but it doesn't display subtitles either.
You did remember to put the code required to play subtitles in mplayer, and actually activate them while watchin?
In other words, put "embeddedfonts=yes" and "ass=yes" in the mplayer.conf (or perhaps config, might variate from OS) and press "j" while watching the anime (standard button for switching sub-track. Standard subtrack is no track, so you need to go to the one you want, usually the first one)?
Yoshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 06:22   Link #11
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
All that customization just to play a subtitle track with mplayer...

Someone seriously needs to make a real media player for the Mac.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 16:05   Link #12
BOZZY
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshire View Post
You did remember to put the code required to play subtitles in mplayer, and actually activate them while watchin?
In other words, put "embeddedfonts=yes" and "ass=yes" in the mplayer.conf (or perhaps config, might variate from OS) and press "j" while watching the anime (standard button for switching sub-track. Standard subtrack is no track, so you need to go to the one you want, usually the first one)?
Hehehe, I didn't know you needed to press 'j', but hey it works now!
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 20:15   Link #13
Nicholi
King of Hosers
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
All that customization just to play a subtitle track with mplayer...

Someone seriously needs to make a real media player for the Mac.
Well there are real players for Mac, one is called Quicktime :P. Unlikely you will ever find one that renders SSA or even a filter for whatever weird environment they have on Mac for such things (cocoa or something?). You are right though, mplayer is not for people who never learned how to read. I find it amazing they can d/l and run it n_n.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.