AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-01-29, 10:20   Link #121
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazan fan View Post
Unlike most people in this thread who believe that they are Masashi Kishimoto and whatever they say is right, I am merely presenting one possible interpretation that Naruto is not the Forth. You're right, the third coffin could have contained anyone, but "it is probably safe to assume" that it is the Forth, if you follow the trend.

All i was trying to say was that its possible that perhaps the third coffin was not the 4th hokage but another Hokage level character thats why i brought up the fact of the White Fang on Konoha. it seemed plausible. but right now i doubt anyone can be sure, except Kishimoto himself. I guess we will only find out in time
Supaiku_of_Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 10:45   Link #122
reloaded
skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
@ sazan fan & reloaded

This point has been brought up several times before. Even though it's likely that Oro was trying to summon Yondaime he shouldn't have been able to summon him either way because if the 4th did indeed die during the fight with Kyuubi, his soul would've been devoured by the shinigami and couldn't be used for Edo Tensei. Seeing as Oro obviously didn't know about the existence of Shiki Fuujin, much less how it works, him trying to summon Yondaime isn't really conclusive evidence that he's dead.
True i see your reasoning but little is known what actually happened between Yondaime and the Kyuubi apart from that Yondaime seemingly used death god technique but it still makes you think why he didnt just take the kyuubi with him into the death god. If it wasnt the fourth in the coffin it does make you think who it was since Orochimaru would try to summon a powerful opponent for the third and since he had to make a sacrifice for it i recon it would be a powerful fighter.

Whoever it was surely made the third worry because even though he didnt know much about orochimarus technique he certainly knew about the death god technique knowing that IF the fourth had used it then there would be no way Oro could summon him unless something else had happened in the fight vs the kyuubi.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 10:52   Link #123
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain

does anyone know what was written on the coffins? there was some kanji on the coffins when they were summoned what did they say?
Old 2007-01-29, 11:53   Link #124
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaiku_of_Sand View Post
does anyone know what was written on the coffins? there was some kanji on the coffins when they were summoned what did they say?
They say 1st and 2nd.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 19:06   Link #125
Zakura_Angel64
Trapped in a dream

This may sound stupid but instead of the yondaime being naruto's dad(which I think almost everyone believes >.>), he could be his brother because he was the youngest hokage ever and wasn't very old o.0 it isn't likely but still possible
Zakura_Angel64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 00:02   Link #126
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
I would say it is possible...I don't know how likely, though. It stands to reason that if one soul is trapped in Naruto, the other may be as well (seeing as both souls are supposed to be trapped together). I kinda hope he is, I think that'd be interesting...plus it's a good way to keep Naruto alive should his Kitsune get ripped out.
Old 2007-01-30, 00:17   Link #127
kxnaruto

I think the fourth technique goes this way. The sealer is doomed to stay in the belly of the death god. There are two options for the sealed. You can trap the soul of the sealed in a living soul which is the case for Naruto, in which case only the sealer is ends up inside the death god. Or you can trap the soul of the sealed inside you as you get swallowed by the death god. In the second scenario which the 3rd tried to implement with Oro, the sealer and the sealed fight for eternity inside the death god .. etc.
kxnaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 15:29   Link #128
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
They say 1st and 2nd.

yes but what does the third one say, its writing is different
Old 2007-01-30, 16:09   Link #129
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
yes but what does the third one say, its writing is different

Because actually the 3rd one never did came out, so we never got to see the sign in it, It was anime filler when part of the last coffin was shown.
Old 2007-01-30, 16:23   Link #130
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain

i think the anime was wrong because i re watched the episode and the kanji read 4th. i dont think that it was the fourth though in the coffin
Old 2007-01-30, 16:45   Link #131
Mangekyo
mmm...cookies

I don't think it is eithercuz theres too much talk for someone who is dead.
Mangekyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 21:08   Link #132
Cha0s

Did the kanji on the coffin say 3rd or 4th?

If it said 4th it means it was Yondaime. Although really he shouldn't be able to be summoned since he should be somewhere in the deathgods stomache

if it said 3rd, that means it's just the 3rd coffin and it can be anyone.

OR MAYBE IT MEANS THAT ITS SANDAIME'S OTHER HALF THAT DIED

no im kidding.

I think kishimoto is evil, he made it seem as though sandaime used yondaime's technique to seal orochimaru, but I bet you later he'll explain that the 4th used a different jutsu and some weird stuff happens. Jeeze
Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 10:13   Link #133
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain

it definately said fourth i know the letters in Japanese. it was the kanji for 4th but it was the anime ot manga
Old 2007-01-31, 23:44   Link #134
Neji_Hyuuga

Location: Indonesia, the country of multiple cultural backgrounds...visit my country guys. It's very beutiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazan fan View Post

Originally 3 corpses were supposed to be summoned, but the Third stopped one of the coffins from being summoned. The first two coffins contained the bodies of the First and Second. It is probably safe to assume that the third coffin would have contained the Forth; this means that the Forth is dead. The picture is from chapter 117 page 19.
If the third coffin failed...and inside the third conffin was supposed to be Yon sama, then he's still alive!!!! akakakakakakaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakura_Angel64 View Post
This may sound stupid but instead of the yondaime being naruto's dad(which I think almost everyone believes >.>), he could be his brother because he was the youngest hokage ever and wasn't very old o.0 it isn't likely but still possible
It is most likely possible, the circle is now complete...Sasuke chasing after Itachi's shadow...and preparing himself to kill him VS Naruto striving to become Hokage cause he admired Yonsama-the brother and determined to live the way he did....wew

Quote:
it definately said fourth i know the letters in Japanese. it was the kanji for 4th but it was the anime ot manga
Well most likely, Kishi did a pretty good job in twisting our minds...only time will tell...let's just wait for him to reveal the truth

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-02-01 at 04:30. Reason: Don't triple post.
Neji_Hyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 00:27   Link #135
Sogoro
Desu

I think theres a possibility that the Third coffin contained

Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by monir; 2007-02-01 at 01:48. Reason: Please use marked spoiler tags in threads that don't have the [manga] tag in the title!
Sogoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 09:37   Link #136
Ichimaru

i still think naruto in his next fight should walk around in a clone of yondaime just to scare akatsuki off that his still alive hahaa
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 16:02   Link #137
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogoro View Post
I think theres a possibility that the Third coffin contained

Spoiler for manga:

I highly HIGHLY doubt that
Old 2007-02-01, 23:25   Link #138
reloaded
skywalker

this is somewhat off the point but can orochimaru use a body which he ressurected by edo tensei as a container?
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 03:43   Link #139
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Aahh... this was always my favorite theory, I never bought into the hole Yodaime is Naruto's dad thing... that's as bad as all the naruto x sasuke garbage that flies around.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Concerning the above, he summoned 3 people, in the 3rd coffin it could have been anyone. There's no way that could have been the 4th in there, all theories concerning this deny this posibility.
Old 2007-02-03, 04:10   Link #140
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakura_Angel64 View Post
...you know...I actually like that...that's not really even a stretch...*ponders*

The only question I have is why keep that fact from Naruto...I'm sure someone would know...judging from their inner monologues and discussions, Ero-sennin and Tsunade don't know...you'd figure they would, or at the least Jiraiya would, having been the 4th's team leader. I suppose they could have just been dancing around the issue, but that raises the question as to why (other than plot purposes)?

I would like that, though...