AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 35 24.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 39.01%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 21.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 6.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.71%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-01-09, 03:43   Link #181
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon View Post
I'm still wondering why nobody has asked this: what did Lelouch do to the driver that got Geass'd?
I thought about that to, then realized that Lelouch had only narrowed down the possibilities of the Kyoto leader to ten people. The possibility that Lelouch and C.C. drew the name out of hat is unlikely. So I guessed they found it out by Lelouch getting the information about the leader from the driver then contacting C.C.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 03:45   Link #182
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

for those who wonders:
NO karen do not know Zero's identity because the Knightmare (or whatever) stood between Zero and Karen (and the other black knights) so they didn't see who he was.
also the old guy behind the curtain did not say Lulu's name out loud.

about the ending: I kind of liked it. the kiss and all I mean.
Lulu never has shown any fake emotions so he wouldn't have kissed Shirley if he didn't want to, and since it looked like it was more her kissing him why would he stop her if she maybe really needed to kiss him (she was sad because of loosing her father, and maybe lost her belief in Zero's means of fighting)

I liked this episode and can't wait for the next

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 03:50   Link #183
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Spoiler:

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 06:30   Link #184
Trax
Rock beats scissors

About Shirley's reaction... I assumed her father was a soldier, but as some comments pointed out that might not have been the case. He could've been working in the nearby town that also got hit by the avalanche, perhaps he was the one that they showed walking around? (eventhough everyone should have evacuated already) Well, at least it will give Lulu something to consider and might keep his actions in check a little bit. Wouldn't want him to go nuts without thinking of the consequences to innocent bystanders.

As for the kiss, assuming it was one... I still find it hard to believe Shirley would try something like that out of the blue, and even harder to believe that Lulu would reciprocate. Well, maybe he was just shocked from what she said and didn't know how to react.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 07:41   Link #185
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

From what Shirley said, about her father being harmless... It's unlikely he was a soldier. Probably just some kind of civilian away on a business trip. The upperclass equivalent of a salaryman.

I love Lloyd's way of expressing his views on Suzaku's naivete. If only Suzaku realised that if he's got any moral high horse, it's only by virtue of being so far down he ends up in Australia!
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 08:20   Link #186
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
I just couldnt believe it. So i rewatch the episode... and its true, she was F@#K!NG doing something naughty alright! Fixing her skirt after she was done...
I had to rewatch that scene for like 3-4 times before I understood what the heck she was doing. I had my thoughts (you in the Shuffle section know me^^) regarding her facial expressions and her fixing shirt afterwards and the magazine but that sound... It sounded like she was trying to grind table.

(You might say she was perhaps though )

I suspect a horrible death is awaiting her.

As for the more important part towards the end I found that to be something really interesting and itīll be fun to see how Lelouch is going to handle this. Heīll probably try and stay with her out of guilt but in the end iītīll all get screwed up. Just like Kira/Flay in SEED. Albeit I donīt know if sheīll bite the dust though.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 09:09   Link #187
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
edit: and you guys need to stop it with the suggestive talkings
But I havent even started yet ;_;

Anyway, forgive me, but some of you seem to know that guy that watching CC watching Lulu .. Who exactly is he? Have he show up before?

The twist of Lulu now having to know someone close to him suffers from his action .. even tho he said himself that the landslide was beyond his initial calculation .. would be interesting. How would he lay out his tactics now . Will he still go for pure tactical advantage regadless of bystanders..

Lastly, forgive me for the 2nd time, but I must let this thing out as well .. FLLAAAY ALERT!!!!

there.. much better now

Also, i guess its a 9 for me .. +1 for the WTF moment with Nina .. +1 for Llyord's golden comment =3
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 09:25   Link #188
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Anyway, forgive me, but some of you seem to know that guy that watching CC watching Lulu .. Who exactly is he? Have he show up before?
no, he didn't. from what we could gather from some newtype articles etc, his name is...
Spoiler for spoiler for the next 2-4 episodes:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-01-09 at 10:20. Reason: name of the spoiler
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 09:29   Link #189
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Klashikari: Seeing as though thats a pretty huge spoiler, you should at least label it.
Old 2007-01-09, 09:39   Link #190
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Klashikari: Seeing as though thats a pretty huge spoiler, you should at least label it.
*sigh* yes, i forgot to name the spoiler, which wll only occur in 2-4 episodes... duh my mistake (twice in the same topic, my bad...)
my flat apologies for this inconvenience.

edit : nevermind, i prefered to remove the most dangerous spoiler part, just leaving his future stance.
Old 2007-01-09, 09:41   Link #191
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Well, at least it will give Lulu something to consider and might keep his actions in check a little bit. Wouldn't want him to go nuts without thinking of the consequences to innocent bystanders.
Go watch the next episode preview - Lulu is thinking about totally giving up the Zero thing.

Quote:
As for the kiss, assuming it was one... I still find it hard to believe Shirley would try something like that out of the blue, and even harder to believe that Lulu would reciprocate. Well, maybe he was just shocked from what she said and didn't know how to react.
This kind of thing happens on TV all the time, you would think that is normal and expected behaviour...
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 09:42   Link #192
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
From what Shirley said, about her father being harmless... It's unlikely he was a soldier. Probably just some kind of civilian away on a business trip. The upperclass equivalent of a salaryman.
There was an interview translated in the LJ community and it said
Spoiler for Is it really a spoiler?:

I'm laughing at all the Shirley bashing (not necessarily here) because she's between LuluxCC's or LuluxKallen's twue luv
Old 2007-01-09, 09:45   Link #193
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

Here's a clue on Shirley's father:

Spoiler:

CC pretending to be Zero though, and the man himself owning three mechs in a surprise attack.. THAT was awesome

Edit: Beaten by three minutes on the info

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 09:53   Link #194
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys View Post
I'm laughing at all the Shirley bashing (not necessarily here) because she's between LuluxCC's or LuluxKallen's twue luv
Most people are annoyed because it goes against their one true 'ship -_-. But damn, this episode makes me think Nanali is going to die in the future, what with her words about how she wants Lulu to stay with her.... -_-

Also, regarding the next episode title...most people thought that Shirley would be in danger cause it's Shirley and the gunpoint. But after watching the preview, I suspect it's more like Lulu in danger *the gunpoint* and only because of his doubts about what he's doing and what he did to Shirley. Hence Shirley *and* the gunpoint

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 10:01   Link #195
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Question: don't you guys think Kirihara's bodyguards could see Lelouch's face?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 10:09   Link #196
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

Most likely they could... but I don't think they're brave enough to defy their master's orders if they're asked not to blurt it out ^^;;

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 10:16   Link #197
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Question: don't you guys think Kirihara's bodyguards could see Lelouch's face?
I believe they could but they wouldn't recognize him for who he truly is, since Lelouch met Kirihara during his childhood and the goons did not. Even if they have an idea of what he looks like (provided that ample collar of his didn't partially mask his features), they have no idea of who Lelouch truly is - I mean, the Emperor's estranged son, once used as a political tool prior to the invasion. Moreover, if Kirihara says Lelouch/Zero is okay, I don't think they have anything to say to an old geezer who seems to have some character. Kirihara lifting the veil masking his face and smiling at Zero is proof enough that there is a good understanding between the two of them.
Quote:
Spoiler:
Well, he's got the proof that his actions, no matter how crucial the goals and the purposes are, do not always have good consequences and do hit outside of the chessboard (as I believe he considers the battlefield as a giant chessboard where all actors are either enemies or allies - no neutrals)...and that they can hit a little close to home - namely a close friend's family. So I guess he'll start doubting his strategies, following Shirley's teary revelations, and will have a small depression - quite ironic since Kirihara just asked him if he was willing to tread the path of carnage...to which he answered 'yes' with conviction.

Either the next arc
Spoiler:
will set him straight back on tracks or next ep will reinforce Lelouch's belief that something needs to be done.
Another thing I'm surprised about is that Lelouch doesn't seem to have spared any attention to the fact that he saw Suzaku during the limbo moment with C.C. I guess he was more concerned with her survival than the scenes he saw that moment. Anyway, I still wonder when he'll finally get the hint that it's his best friend he's fighting and he would be faced with the Athrun-Kira dilemma. I nevertheless believe it'll be less emo than for those two GS/GSD characters yet I can't help keeping on wondering.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 11:44   Link #198
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Another thing I'm surprised about is that Lelouch doesn't seem to have spared any attention to the fact that he saw Suzaku during the limbo moment with C.C. I guess he was more concerned with her survival than the scenes he saw that moment. Anyway, I still wonder when he'll finally get the hint that it's his best friend he's fighting and he would be faced with the Athrun-Kira dilemma. I nevertheless believe it'll be less emo than for those two GS/GSD characters yet I can't help keeping on wondering.
or suzaku as well for that matter...but im not dropping the possibility that sometime in the future those images would click in and they both going "ah! shit" ~ face of between lulu and suzaku now thats a thought...there is no way in hell lulu can beat the lancelot but at the same time using geass would be a bit of an easy defeat :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 13:25   Link #199
bond4154

I'm not even sure Lelouch saw Suzaku during the "C.C. limbo moment"...

Forgot I didn't post my thoughts on this episode yet. Will do now.

Honestly speaking, the death of Shirley's father came as a complete surprise to me. Mostly because I had regarded Shirley as a less-than-important character. I didn't think bad things would happen to the students (with the exception of the estranged Prince of ego, the undead girl, the blind estranged Princess Wheels, the half-Britannian terrorist, and the super Knightmare pilot). I figured she was just kind of there to put a bit of humor into the anime, add some background into Lelouch's scenes at the Ashford Academy and perhaps be a factor in small and trivial romance storyarcs/episodes. So when her father actually died, well, I was surprised. But not necessarily displeased.

BTW, Shirley looked so much like Asuka from NGE in the rain right there.

Funnily enough, despite the fact that Nina...erm...borrowed a corner from a table, and Suzaku being whiter than white in both conscience and intelligence, I haven't gotten anywhere close to hating them. Funnily enough, I actually still like the two of them, although I admit Nina's pretty much useless at the moment, unless something happens again. Which I hope will.

It was nice seeing Lelouch smile like that in front of Kirihara.
bond4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 14:21   Link #200
SinsI

The only thing I didn't like about this episode is how Violetta
Spoiler:

It's pretty improbable in any real-life situation.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote