AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 35 24.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 39.01%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 21.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 6.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.71%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-01-08, 21:52   Link #161
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Is it a crime if I am actually hoping for that outcome? :P
Nope.

Quote:
And hmm, I growing to dislike Nina now. Not because she is racist, but because she can't seem to make up her mind between Milly(when Milly said she liked something about Shirley) and Euphie (you know, THE scene). I never really like indecisive people like this (much less other anime in which they're the main character), be they male, female, straight or gay.
Trax says it clearly

Nina... Just go away please, stop taking up valuable screentime with your antics. -_-

I'm still having a hard time figuring out Nina's role in this series.

Quote:
Shirley's father might be a soldier, which may explain why he died.
If he was a soldier wouldn't he be stationed with Cornelia's troops during the event?

Most likely he was working in the nearby city which the Britannian troops were evacuating. Obviously he and many other people didn't make it. Looking back at the episode when Euphie is looking at the readout the landslide passed the G1 post which was where the refugees were holding up and it didn't seemed to be too far away. Plus, Lelouch stated that it was far more devastating than he imagined.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 21:55   Link #162
myopius

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
I have a feeling that Sakuya will be on Lelouch's harem list.

Zero/Lelouch's Harem list:
C.C - check
Shirley - check
Karen - check
Sakuya - pending. Probability: 70%
Quoted for emphasis.

I don't think Shirley has a personality which would deliberately use her dad's death to further her relationship with Lelouch. It's just a bad cliche, is all. And I don't think Lelouch has feelings for her, though I guess it wouldn't be impossible for him to develop them, so I expect next episode he will apologize or try to clear things up so they can return back to normal.

I remember from when Shuffle was active there was a lot of discussion on harem pairings, and one point mentioned was that a relationship which seems to develop so early in the series definitely won't last till the end. The slow buildups like KallenxLelouch which are occasionally the subject of random misunderstandings seem much more typical of relationships which work out or want to work out, IMO.

Everyone's so dramatic... I don't foresee Shirley's or Nina's death anywhere in this series. I also don't think Lelouch is evil. Of course, most people are attached to the validity of the anime theme/cliche that only a hero who doesn't sacrifice any lives, but who stubbornly tries to accomplish his means perfectly, will succeed (in other words, up with Suzaku and down with Lelouch). It's a ridiculous cliche and I'm happy that it hasn't surfaced in this series, yet. Lelouch is able to put up an act to deceive enemies, but never does he fake emotion, and certainly never to his friends. It's just because he has a theatrical demeanor that he comes off that way to some viewers naturally (unfortunately).

However, while he hasn't lost his sensitive side, he's become removed from it, unfortunately. Same with Suzaku, whose troubled past is interfering with his self-confidence. Seems that these two main characters are each enduring a bit of hardship, but not at the expense of each other. In any case, Lelouch isn't becoming a heartless monster like people dumbly anticipated he would be, it's more that the stress of what he's doing is taking a toll and causing him to be more removed, which could cause some potential trust/friendship issues later on. I can see him snapping at someone unthinkingly out of frustration and so estranging a friend, but I can't see him killing innocent people with a smile.

On to Nina. Well, from the start her cliche personality annoyed me, then her dumbly bigoted attitude pissed me off, and now her sudden act of hedonism has prompted me to lose complete faith in the potential of her character. It's nice to have a character who with her racist attitude shows that even "nice" people can be raised/socialized to have that belief, since it's a socially relevant character trait which would improve viewers as they watch her, but if she has no redeeming qualities other than seeming to be a gentle person, what can you do? She made a racist comment, was too distress to simply apologize, and is now obsessed with the person who distracted that guy from her? I'm not someone who hates Suzaku or Euphemia, and the act of getting oneself off isn't an issue, but I've just lost patience with her. I won't expect anything from her for the rest of this series.

Man, I'd love it if people labeled all their spoiler tags. I'm never opening an unlabeled one again, lol. I find it amazing how much information magazines are revealing about the series in Japan. In any case, I really hope there's a second season to this series like people are saying, in whatever form, since I just like the general style of the series and wouldn't mind if there were many different characters, as long as they weren't all very boring. Oh yeah, and another OP/ED would indeed be sweet. Another ED, most of all, since that's grown slightly tiresome... Episode 14 would be when it'd work best to come in.

I'm going to watch this episode again.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 22:04   Link #163
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
That is exactly why it's reprehensible. Since we are taking things from Shirley's POV, then she believes that Karen and Lelouch are dating. You support her using her grief to cheat on Lelouch?
...Hello...even Karen denied they were dating. And she denied it to Shirley. -_- I'd say she's in the clear here.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 22:16   Link #164
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

wtf that didnt even look like petting the kitty.. it looked like she was... trying to open a stuck door or something...

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 22:58   Link #165
etothex

Good episode with lots of development, but what was the point of Nina's scene? Is it foreshadowing her going fatal-attraction later? God, I hope they don't waste more story time developing her um . . . stalker transformation.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that got L x Sakuya vibes. "Infatuated" makes one wonder. It'll be interesting to see how she reacts when/if Kirihara informs her of Zero's identity.

Lloyd's cynical remark was golden. C'mon Suzaku, open your eyes.

I'm not a proponent of L x Shirley, but from an unbiased standpoint, I still don't really think her reaction fits. Have any of you lost someone close/dear to you? You don't go running to your crush. You go to someone who cares about the deceased, or has been in a similar situation. Seriously, she should be with her mom, sharing their mutual grief.
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 23:11   Link #166
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster View Post
wtf that didnt even look like petting the kitty.. it looked like she was... trying to open a stuck door or something...
You are assuming she was using her hands...

Oh well, if you are not corrupted enough to know the physical details of what Nina was doing, I certainly won't be the one to twist your mind further.
Old 2007-01-08, 23:36   Link #167
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

^ @Vallen Chaos Valiant

Damn, you made me thought of something I shouldn't have...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 00:19   Link #168
Lumir

Man wtf! Did she kiss Lulu at the end?!?!?! If so WTF!!! Who asks for help in an emotional state in tears and then kisses the person right out? WTF!!!

And WTH was that girl doing? She was like moving violently and such, my mind thought dirty things, but i also thought she might be sick with something... WTH was she doing?!?!?!
Old 2007-01-09, 00:32   Link #169
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
And WTH was that girl doing? She was like moving violently and such, my mind thought dirty things, but i also thought she might be sick with something... WTH was she doing?!?!?!
Doing things using the corner of the table...
Old 2007-01-09, 00:42   Link #170
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
...Hello...even Karen denied they were dating. And she denied it to Shirley. -_- I'd say she's in the clear here.
That's true, but early on in episode 12 she is still thinking about it, which means she didn't entirely believe Karen. To be honest though it wouldn't surprise me if we began the next episode with Lelouch waking up having just slept with Shirley. Which will bother me for the simple reason that we have seen this somewhere before, Fllay anyone?

In fact let's do a Gundam Seed checklist
Checklist

1) Childhood friends fighting each other. check
2) Main character with awesome eye ability. check
3) Potentially psychotic girlfriend with dead father. check
4) Very good mech fights. check
5) Lacus/Kira pairing. check
6) Different types of races fighting each other. check

If I'm forgetting any please let me know.

I enjoyed Lloyd giving Suzaku a reminder that they are soldiers.
Old 2007-01-09, 01:32   Link #171
Eskay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
You know those initial dirty thoughts you had......ummm yeah just go with that.
While im on the subject of nina, her attraction to yuffie was pretty obvious to everyone, but am i the only one that was not expecting a scene like that? Within the first 2 seconds of that scene, my jaw dropped and i couldnt help but to start lmao.

Anyways onto more important things, like the plot. I've really gotta question shirely's fathers involvment with that battle. What possible part could he have been playing to end up dead on the battlefield. Keep in mind that zero and his crew was busy trying to snatch up Cornelia so i seriously doubt zero had anything to do with his death. At the end of a battle as chaotic as the one at Narita, it would be easy for Brittania to just toss out the blame to whoever they wanted to. And well....zero makes a good target for that blame.

As for suzaku....i dont hate him like most ppl seem to. But i dont like him either. He's working for the side thats slaughtering his own ppl and he has the nerv to get angry at zero? If it wasnt for the fact that he pilots launcelot (because i need my kickass mecha fix ) and that he has a guilty past that we'd all like to know about, he would pretty much be dead wieght in the series.

Shirely x LuLu......dont see it happening. I really hate when characters play the "Important person X died, comfort me with a kiss" cliche. I hated fllay/fray for it and if shirely starts acting real emo im gonna hate her for it too. The situation between C.C. and Kallen is much more interesting because it seems alot more meaningful. At least to me anyways.

Ohh well, overall great ep, cant wait for more
Eskay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 01:36   Link #172
Skane
Anime Snark

Deducted a point for the Nina scene. Any Nina screentime is bad screentime in my opinion. Just... just go drown in some lake already, or something.

Who's the blue-haired girl in the flashback(19:34)? Cecile?

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-09, 01:48   Link #173
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ notice the headband thing? shes Kaguya methinks ~

edit: and you guys need to stop it with the suggestive talkings

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 01:48   Link #174
bond4154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo"
I have a feeling that Sakuya will be on Lelouch's harem list.

Zero/Lelouch's Harem list:
C.C - check
Shirley - check
Karen - check
Sakuya - pending. Probability: 70%
Shall I add Nunally to the list? =P

Oh, and to the list above...

7) Mask-wearing man. And never wears any sort of pilot suit when in a mech. For style, of course. check
8) Mechs that are much better than tanks, but are cannon fodder when up against prototypes. check
Old 2007-01-09, 02:06   Link #175
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

It took a bit of researching on my part, but I think I finally figured out the meaning behind the Nina scene. I posted something similar on DesignChronicle's blog.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for my opinion on ep. 12:
Old 2007-01-09, 02:12   Link #176
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskay View Post
You know those initial dirty thoughts you had......ummm yeah just go with that.
I just couldnt believe it. So i rewatch the episode... and its true, she was F@#K!NG doing something naughty alright! Fixing her skirt after she was done...
Old 2007-01-09, 03:09   Link #177
JayF

With the table? Unless it's really rounded it's gonna hurt real bad.
JayF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 03:20   Link #178
GhOsTeDgE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayF View Post
With the table? Unless it's really rounded it's gonna hurt real bad.
Some ppl like it painful. And it is Nina we're talking about here, she couldn't be any more abnormal.
GhOsTeDgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 03:34   Link #179
Pakxenon
popcorn

Nina sucks period. Screw any tragic pasts: she's a racist bitch and has hopes for a never-gonna-happen relationship.

I'm still wondering why nobody has asked this: what did Lelouch do to the driver that got Geass'd? If Lelouch was going to get changed with C.C., then the members on the lookout could see them... wait... Lelouch Geass'd him, called the members down, then went to switch? ?????
Old 2007-01-09, 03:37   Link #180
Cetra
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman.exe213 View Post
It took a bit of researching on my part, but I think I finally figured out the meaning behind the Nina scene. I posted something similar on DesignChronicle's blog.

Spoiler:

Thanks, going to have nightmares now.

Either way though, this episode was epic.
Cetra is offline   Reply With Quote