AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-01-08, 03:05   Link #61
ri0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
People aren't born angels, you know.
But born devils?
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 03:34   Link #62
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
itachi had it bad as well, killing his own clan at the age of 13, man that is a bit . And now he's a terrorist that likes bombing everything with his kage bunshin. The uchihas really are a sad bunch, obito the caveman, itachi the terrorist, and sasuke the toyboy of orochimaru.
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 07:27   Link #63
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
0TaKu0 since you take the time to make such a precise post, let's comment on this.

Gaara :
Your point bad 4 is wrong or at least very exagerated. Called monster yes, the rest no. Gaara wanting people to stay with him meant broken bones if they tried to leave, throwing rock at him probably would have meant death.
Your point bad 3 & 6 are partially wrong. Gaara did have a friend & loving family : Yashamaru.
That's what make it so worse for him, what he believed was love was in fact hate. He was betrayed by his own loved ones.
Which lead to your point bad 13. Gaara wasn't alone from the start : at first he was loved, the fear and hate came after they realized the Jinchuuriki experiment was deemed a "failure". The final blow being Yashamaru's betrayal.
At last your point bad 16. like I said above Gaara does have a family. What's sad is that his own family used to be the source of his despair. I also find rather funny that you place this point as bad for Gaara but good for Sasuke :P

I have nothing to add for good things except I don't know why you use "..." about Temari and Kankuro being his siblings.

Naruto
I agree with your point bad 2 but I think there is something you don't take in consideration about the others (Gaara and Sasuke especially).
They do have memories of good time but they are only a reminiscence of what they used to have and thus a perpetual reminder of their own tragedy.
In both cases, who they believed to be their loved one(s) betrayed them and destroyed all they cared for : these good memories were lies.

Your point bad 4 is purely assumption. We have heard from Naruto himself what he suffered from people and there is no mention whatsoever of this kind of behavior. Ostracized yes but nothing physical.
The worst we have heard of is people mentioning the Kyubi, period.
Your point bad 6 is partially wrong : he had Iruka who he met before he was 12 years old btw, they started their ramen ritual before the start of the manga hence between his entrance at the academy and the first chapter. Sandaime also acknowledged him but I don't think Naruto knew about that so it doesn't count.

Your point bad 9 seems rather made up to me. I don't see anywhere Naruto concerned about that. Actually he really isn't the kind of person wondering about "who he is" in the first place.
In fact your point 1, 2, 9, 10 & 11 were pretty much the same thing.


Haku
I think you summarized very fast his life contrary to the previous 2, many points you developed longly for Naruto and Gaara could be applied to Haku as well.
I kind of agree with the rest though. I would add that Haku was even more infortunate than Naruto & Gaara in one sense : his tragedy happened because of who he was and not what was put into him.

Sasuke
The lack of attention of his father doesn't strike me as very important overall. I mean ok it's not funny but compared to the kind of tragedy we are talking about it's kind of irrelevant.
Not completely though, you place his father accepting him as a good thing whereas I would put this under bad thing as well : he gained the acceptance of his father just to see him killed, somehow that made it worse.
Your bad point 2 is irrelevant. For what Sasuke knows his brother slaughtered his family, that's all what matter.
You also forgot to mention he was mentally tortured twice and was inflicted with a Cursed Seal that triggers dark and evil thought into someone's mind.

Most of your good points don't matter at all, there is nothing good to be an Uchiha when the said clan was obliterated and obtaining the Sharingan when he was 12 doesn't change a bit his past.
Your point 7 is a complete assumption and a rather bad one. He became an orphan at 7 years old, he had no say in choosing or not foster parents. The very fact that he doesn't have any prove that it's false.
As for anyone trying to be his friend, I have seen girl with a crush about him and kids impressed by his abilities at school but that's pretty much it.
You may add that the whole "killing your best friend to gain the ability to face Itachi" doesn't make thing easy.
His knowledge of his clan history including the secret scroll is still unknown but seems rather terrible and may have leaded to what Itachi has become hence one the reason he lost everything.

I also disagree about the fact that Sasuke made his own bed alone. He's of course partially responsible but so does Gaara when he chose his psychopatic way. He made with the remain of what Itachi let of his life.
You can also wonder if Sasuke really have a choice to live a happy life : Itachi is still out there and wish for his brother to live in hate and despair, what stop Itachi to destroy his life and friend again if Sasuke doesn't stop him once and for all?
The last time he met Itachi, he was tortured and got his mind broken just because Itachi thinks he lacked hatred.
That doesn't excuse Sasuke's betrayal, he did that on his own volition.
But that doesn't change how tragic his past is either.


What do you think about Neji's life?

edit : no monir I don't squeal

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-01-08 at 07:37.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 08:32   Link #64
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Hmm, I have to disagree. He got tortured and mindbroken because he sought his brother out and then tried to chidori him -_-. In that instance, if Sasuke had done nothing, I believe that Itachi would have just ignored him and continued on with his mission to retrieve Naruto.

Also, you're basing your conjecture around the possibility that Itachis purpose in life is to torment Sasuke. What makes you think he'll go after Sasuke if Sasuke ever became happy?

Also, keep in mind that people don't need to be emo-avengers to become 'strong' enough to protect people. Rock Lee, arguably one of the strongest genins in the series at his full potential (and someone I think could kick sasukes ass) isn't an emo-avenger. Neither is Naruto.

The thing is Sasuke made the choice of becoming an emo-avenger, he chose the path he would take in life because he thought *wrongly* that that was the path that would give him the most strength. So to some extent, I think sasuke is kinda pitiable but I also can't deny the fact that he pretty much chose his life.
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 09:21   Link #65
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Hmm, I have to disagree. He got tortured and mindbroken because he sought his brother out and then tried to chidori him -_-. In that instance, if Sasuke had done nothing, I believe that Itachi would have just ignored him and continued on with his mission to retrieve Naruto.

Also, you're basing your conjecture around the possibility that Itachis purpose in life is to torment Sasuke. What makes you think he'll go after Sasuke if Sasuke ever became happy?
You mean except the fact that from his own admittion Itachi sparred Sasuke's life for this very reason and wasted 2 Tsukuyomi to torture his mind to remind him of that? One of them used whereas he was facing Jiraiya, one of the most powerful ninja alive, instead of resuming his mission?
Secondly Sasuke wasn't seeking Itachi, he was seeking Naruto.
As for Sasuke who should have done nothing when he saw his brother : yeah right. I guess he should have said hello and let him with Naruto so he could feel better than his brother took away someone close to him again.

Quote:
Also, keep in mind that people don't need to be emo-avengers to become 'strong' enough to protect people. Rock Lee, arguably one of the strongest genins in the series at his full potential (and someone I think could kick sasukes ass) isn't an emo-avenger. Neither is Naruto.
None of them have to avenge anyone in the first place so your point is rather moot.
Then emo? Openly expressing the depressing melodrama they think their life is about -and most often isn't- is pretty much what defines emo characters.
Sasuke is an obsessed angsty teen with homicidal tendencies, post traumatic stress disorder, a huge inferiority complex to his brother and an overall asshole attitude.
But emo? The most emo stuff he ever did was during his fight with Naruto just before he aknowledged him. And then again making people whinning about their shitty past is one of Naruto's super power.

Also even if it's rather off topic but Lee ables to beat Sasuke at this point of the story is nothing but a wet dream.

Quote:
The thing is Sasuke made the choice of becoming an emo-avenger, he chose the path he would take in life because he thought *wrongly* that that was the path that would give him the most strength. So to some extent, I think sasuke is kinda pitiable but I also can't deny the fact that he pretty much chose his life.
I didn't deny that, in fact it's what I precisely said. Sasuke chose to sever all his bounds with the people he cared about because he thought the happiness he was finally feeling was weakening his hatred and thus made him loose sight of his goal. Like I said it's his own choice and if Tsunade wasn't a Naruto fangirl she should have ordered his death for his betrayal.

But this has absolutely nothing to do with how bad was his childhood.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 09:40   Link #66
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

-You know, as much as I love malodrama and bad childhood experiences in fiction I have to say that we, the audience, cannot place value upon who had the worst childhood. The only ones who have that right are in fact characters themselves (or if you want it more simplistic, Kishimoto). Each individual has a different outlook on their life. One person may be scarred for the rest of his/her life because of a family member's death while another person may move on with their life. Besides, all bad experiences should be treated as such. Death in the family, living as an orphan, being spit on and beaten, all are bad experiences and as such we cannot minimize their effect that they have on a person. We may regard living as an orphan as "not-so-bad" when comparing it to "child molestation" but to the people experiencing these bad times they do indeed cause equal harm.
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 10:35   Link #67
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
But that's way too reasonable, where's the fun in that?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 11:25   Link #68
abazou
Uchiha Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I say Sasuke. Cant imagine a brother (Itachi) doing that.
__________________
abazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 12:35   Link #69
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
But that's way too reasonable, where's the fun in that?
-Hmmm, I suppose so. Logic can just sometimes be so boring .
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 06:41   Link #70
chutup
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
maybe Inari, he was beaten up by bullies, his dog was thrown in the river and his adopted father was killed by gangsters.
chutup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 14:05   Link #71
Red-Winged Angel
A Fallen Male Angel
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Earth's Shadow
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Red-Winged Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Red-Winged Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou View Post
I say Sasuke. Cant imagine a brother (Itachi) doing that.
Ok, i can see a brother doing that. But to be honest the worst would
be the one that relates to you in no way. Because you are not used to it,
it is something you think that would be the worst for yourself.
Now for me the childhood that would mess me up the most was: Sasuke's.

Now wait be for you go off on me about it or say anything. Now i am
saying that think about it, you have no one left: your brother hates
you (maybe even wants to kill you), some people fear you because of
your talents. Yes, he may have blocked out people but alot of you
would too, because you dont know what to do about it. You dont know
if your brother is goin to come back and kill you too, or just leave you
alone, people wont really understand your pain
(sounds abit emo but still...) He is annoyed by an overly-obsessed
fan club *cough* sakura *cough* Ino *cough* anyways that is my
take on it...any complaints post them but anyways... if you look at it
everyone in Naruto and they pretty much had some type of bad
childhood...with the exception of a few... well that ends my rant on
this subject
__________________
I am a Fallen Angel to some, yet a demon to others. I fight for whom I believe is with me...it helps my pain...
Red-Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 21:27   Link #72
cat1516
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
i think gaara because of the demen
cat1516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 21:45   Link #73
rasedori
akatsuki member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: akatsuki cave
i think neji and naruto had a horrible childhood because neji lost his dad and u no of course about naruto s childhood
rasedori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 00:34   Link #74
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sunset Park Neighborhood, Brooklyn, Newyork.
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
What do you think about Neji's life?
Well as I stated in my original post "I'm sure there are many other "Naruto" characters who has had worst childhoods, however I cant recall". None the less at the time I picked the 4 characters most people mentioned, any way as for Neji.

I mean I don’t know it really depends, we know how Neji felt about it later one after the death of his father but even after he received the cursed seal, there was happiness in his heart, he also pretty much accepted who he was and his roll in the Hyuuga family.

More then likely it was the death of his father that triggered everything, but also the fact that he didn’t know the real truth about it is what caused him to grow up how he did, in a way he is who he is because of what he believed so yea.

As far as it goes, things that happened to Neji couldn’t really be helped due to the fact it was clan rules and traditions (based on an assumption that Neji's dad and Hinata's dad are not the first twins in the long line of the Hyuuga clan, and something like this was done before). However that does not excuse or defeat the purpose that Neji had a bad childhood, and if you want my real answer, no ones suffering or pain is more or less then any one else's. (Why the change of heart you ask? lol, read on you will see.)

Also as for what you thought of my post, I guess it cant be helped really because everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and well your not me, and I'm not you. To be honest with you as you can see almost everyone who posted here has a different opinion in terms of who had the worst childhood and why, if you ask me I think this is more based on what the person has been through in their own life. Meaning, what you, I, or some one else has been through in their real life possibly and most likely applies to who we feel had the worst childhood and why, maybe because they can relate subtly? Another good example of what I mean would be what Fukitsu Naruto said.

However, I can't lie to you ^^, my post was not completely truth full. Rurik and I had a discussion about my post on MSN haha, I'll tell you what I told him in less detail because well... I speak to Rurik on MSN and I can't speak to you on MSN. What I typed was mainly done to annoy a certain some one (certain group maybe? for fun ), lets just say mission accomplished. In fact, I did it in several threads, on several occasions, for several reasons, but I realized it was/is childish so I decided to stop.

Last but not least, the truth (according to me). No ones pain is worst then another, I feel everyone’s pain and suffering is equal. You can’t possibly know my pain or suffering, or what I go / have been through. Whatever may seem small to you is huge to me, and your pain may seem small to me but it is huge to you. You could be rich as hell, but whatever is bothering you, eating you up inside and, making you unhappy. That is no less and / or no more then a person who is not so rich and has a problem which they are suffering from, is eating them up inside, and is making them unhappy. If these two people were to meet and were to tell each other their problems, both might think the others problem is not that big of a deal, but fact is they are both suffering from it, they are both being eaten up inside, they are both unhappy. (That’s the best way I can explain it, Its not a great example but its really hard for me to put in to words exactly what I mean)
__________________

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2007-01-10 at 01:36.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 01:33   Link #75
abazou
Uchiha Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Winged Angel View Post
Ok, i can see a brother doing that. But to be honest the worst would
be the one that relates to you in no way. Because you are not used to it,
it is something you think that would be the worst for yourself.
Now for me the childhood that would mess me up the most was: Sasuke's.

Now wait be for you go off on me about it or say anything. Now i am
saying that think about it, you have no one left: your brother hates
you (maybe even wants to kill you), some people fear you because of
your talents. Yes, he may have blocked out people but alot of you
would too, because you dont know what to do about it. You dont know
if your brother is goin to come back and kill you too, or just leave you
alone, people wont really understand your pain
(sounds abit emo but still...) He is annoyed by an overly-obsessed
fan club *cough* sakura *cough* Ino *cough* anyways that is my
take on it...any complaints post them but anyways... if you look at it
everyone in Naruto and they pretty much had some type of bad
childhood...with the exception of a few... well that ends my rant on
this subject
I hope you're not serious.
__________________
abazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 04:06   Link #76
Ziv
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ALASKA!!! W00t! I'm BACK FINALLY!!!!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru_kun View Post
Kakashi had a pretty bad childhood, but then again so did Zabuza - this guy was like a more psychotic version of Naruto. He got kicked out of the academy and murdered all the students. The students of Kirigakure were all forced to fight and kill each other, that's pretty bad.
I thought he got kicked out because he murdered all the students.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 07:11   Link #77
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
Also as for what you thought of my post, I guess it cant be helped really because everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and well your not me, and I'm not you.
Don't misunderstand me, I wasn't discussing your order of choice at all. I was merely picking on the particular facts you listed among your list when I felt they were innacurate and/or incomplete.

Quote:
Last but not least, the truth (according to me). No ones pain is worst then another, I feel everyone’s pain and suffering is equal.
What's this new contagious disease? Would you stop being reasonable and start resuming meaningless debats about fictional characters please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
I thought he got kicked out because he murdered all the students.
What? Zabuza wasn't kicked out.
He murdered all the students of his graduation, greatly enjoyed it and then became a Genin.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 09:29   Link #78
Red-Winged Angel
A Fallen Male Angel
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Earth's Shadow
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Red-Winged Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Red-Winged Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou View Post
I hope you're not serious.
serious about the brother?: yes i am or Sasuke's past?: well there are certain parts that are my friends and mine (she added a bit to it, maybe more) so maybe?
__________________
I am a Fallen Angel to some, yet a demon to others. I fight for whom I believe is with me...it helps my pain...
Red-Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 11:19   Link #79
Asianknight82
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Age: 31
Actually if I remember correctly Zabuza never got kicked out at that age. He wasn't even in the "academy." He was just some random kid who showed up in the midst of fighting and killed everyone, and thus was used by the country as a Ninja. He was kicked out for *gasp* trying to kill the feudal lord of the area. Sorry, just have to correct whats been floating around about Zabuza.
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 17:27   Link #80
drakenblader
Assassin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
lol what about Rock Lee who could'nt use his ninjitsu...
well maybe I'm wrong but..just pointing out?


OH OH and don't forget Tsunade ^_^
drakenblader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.