AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-01-07, 02:13   Link #1
toru310

How to convert mp4 files to .avi?

Is there a program that can convert mp4 files to .avi? with guides of course.
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 03:54   Link #2
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Lot's of MP4 files (if not all of them) use H264 video, so conversion is not straight forward. You probably have to recompress the video to convert it to AVI, as AVI isn't very suitable for containing H264. You may have a similar problem with the audio if it's in AAC format.

Anyway... have you searched here yet? www.videohelp.com
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 05:47   Link #3
toru310

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Lot's of MP4 files (if not all of them) use H264 video, so conversion is not straight forward. You probably have to recompress the video to convert it to AVI, as AVI isn't very suitable for containing H264. You may have a similar problem with the audio if it's in AAC format.

Anyway... have you searched here yet? www.videohelp.com
Thanks for the info ill manage with this information thanks alot..

Also this will be quite difficult because their was a recent earthquake in thai one i think, and it affected the bandwith in the internet thingy so basically i can't reach international websites. Including some websites with .com
Old 2007-01-07, 06:08   Link #4
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migufuchi Fusutsu View Post
Also this will be quite difficult because their was a recent earthquake in thai one i think, and it affected the bandwith in the internet thingy so basically i can't reach international websites. Including some websites with .com
So? AnimeSuki is hosted in Germany and even though this sounds weird, most internet traffic between Europe and Asia is routed through the US. So AnimeSuki would probably seem even slower than sites hosted in the US.

And otherwise just wait until they get the problem fixed (even if that takes a few more days or weeks).
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 08:46   Link #5
Eclipze

If I may provide an alternative...

http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_...peg4+converter
(choose the first one)

This worked for me because I was trying to convert mpeg4 files that were directly taken from a digital camera, but that might not necessarily be the case for the files you are converting.

Using the program is simple - after unzipping, choose the files to convert, set the quality and other settings on the right side, and convert. I did face a problem though, and it was that I coun't do a multi-convert without lagging, but that might just be me and having only 256RAM.
Old 2007-01-08, 05:33   Link #6
toru310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
If I may provide an alternative...

http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_...peg4+converter
(choose the first one)

This worked for me because I was trying to convert mpeg4 files that were directly taken from a digital camera, but that might not necessarily be the case for the files you are converting.

Using the program is simple - after unzipping, choose the files to convert, set the quality and other settings on the right side, and convert. I did face a problem though, and it was that I coun't do a multi-convert without lagging, but that might just be me and having only 256RAM.
Thanks for the information ill look it up immediately
Old 2007-01-08, 13:38   Link #7
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migufuchi Fusutsu View Post
Is there a program that can convert mp4 files to .avi? with guides of course.
I suggest you to try Super (http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html). I haven't used the program for the file type you mentioned, but, in general, it is a great, easy-to-use, and free converter.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote