AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2007-03-03, 00:15   Link #81
Cloud05
Haruhi Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Most likely it would be a drama shot in live action
That's not what I meant.

Cropped to make it Suki-safe.
Cloud05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 00:22   Link #82
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud05 View Post
That's not what I meant.
Well, then what did you mean?
Old 2007-03-03, 00:25   Link #83
Cloud05
Haruhi Fanatic

Quote:
Well, then what did you mean?
I wasn't sure how they would make a live show out of it, the voices would have to change... I could be wrong, it could work, but I don't really like the idea.

Old 2007-03-03, 00:35   Link #84
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud05 View Post
I wasn't sure how they would make a live show out of it, the voices would have to change... I could be wrong, it could work, but I don't really like the idea.
Well, yeah. They'll be using different actors/actresses, but they may end up doing a brilliant job. I remember hearing that the Great Teacher Onizuka drama was even better than the anime, so don't knock something before it's even in the air.
Old 2007-03-03, 00:46   Link #85
Cloud05
Haruhi Fanatic

Quote:
Well, yeah. They'll be using different actors/actresses, but they may end up doing a brilliant job. I remember hearing that the Great Teacher Onizuka drama was even better than the anime, so don't knock something before it's even in the air.
Your right, I'm just so much of a Haruhi fan-boy. I don't like the fact that it COULD turn out bad, it could also turn out wonderful.

Old 2007-03-03, 15:30   Link #86
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Of course, GTO didn't have ESPers, dueling Living Data Interfaces, Closed Space, or the Mikuru Beamu, and "high production values" for an anime aren't going to cost as much as they would for a live-action series. I guess we've jut got to trust that Kadokawa is taking as much care choosing their live-action production company as they did when they chose KyoAni for their anime needs.

Of course, from what I heard, it's only going to be 6 episodes (meaning it'll probably be Melancholy alone), so it'll be both more likely to be adequately funded, and less likely to be licensed (and obviously guaranteed to be fansubbed). Win-win, baby.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 00:32   Link #87
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Most likely it would be a drama shot in live action
The heck? I got -1'ed for that?
I guess no one can take a joke anymore
Old 2007-03-06, 08:19   Link #88
Azzie
3 bytes of Data

Send a message via Yahoo to Azzie
Live ActioN!? ... well, one has to see it to judge, we may never know ... most live actions often have more than their anime counterparts..

personnaly, Im looking forward to an "Animated" season 2 ..

Endless Eight -Fav. Mini story
Azzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 11:22   Link #89
Joojoobees

So nothing ever came of the big event in Saitama? I haven't been able to find any information about what, if anything, was announced.
Old 2007-03-07, 22:22   Link #90
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asosbrigade.com
???> You must come home. Something is happening.
???> It can only transport two. One must stay behind.
????.?> It is most logical I remain. Please remember me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asosbrigade.com
March 7, 2007 0318 PST
What? Go back? We just got here... What's going on? We haven't spread across North America yet! I refuse to go back without personally supervising these voice sessions!
Hmm... Second season announcement forthcoming?
Old 2007-03-07, 22:49   Link #91
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

It might be that "Haruhi" has a live performance on March 18th...

Hoping it's a second season announcement, though. ^_^
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 11:15   Link #92
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Why would 2nd season teasing be on the asosbrigade site?
Old 2007-03-12, 15:09   Link #93
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I'm currently fearing a preemptive strike on the second season by Kadokawa
Old 2007-03-12, 17:26   Link #94
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Why would 2nd season teasing be on the asosbrigade site?
Because Kadokawa USA, the company that owns the US license, and thus has ultimate control over what goes onto the asosbrigade.com site (even though it appears Bang Zoom! and/or Bandai Entertainment are the ones actually running the site) is a subsidiary of Kadokawa Shoten, the company that publishes the Haruhi novels and owns the broadcast license in Japan as well. Additionally, the site has always been geared predominantly toward die-hard Haruhiists, who, if this board is any evidence, would have no problem purchasing all kinds of Japanese merchandise pertaining to season 2 (including DVDs that they technically shouldn't be able to play), which Kadokawa of course gets a cut of.
Old 2007-03-14, 02:19   Link #95
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

i want haruhi s2 ><

<3 Suzumiya, reading the novel is not enuf!
Old 2007-03-16, 09:04   Link #96
Azzie
3 bytes of Data

Send a message via Yahoo to Azzie
Now that I think about it.. some of the episodes in SHnY are from different parts of the novels like Live A Live or Mysterique Sign , so .. In season 2.. what parts of the Novels will be shown?
Azzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 14:52   Link #97
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzie View Post
Now that I think about it.. some of the episodes in SHnY are from different parts of the novels like Live A Live or Mysterique Sign , so .. In season 2.. what parts of the Novels will be shown?
Read the other pages of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Because Kadokawa USA, the company that owns the US license, and thus has ultimate control over what goes onto the asosbrigade.com site (even though it appears Bang Zoom! and/or Bandai Entertainment are the ones actually running the site) is a subsidiary of Kadokawa Shoten, the company that publishes the Haruhi novels and owns the broadcast license in Japan as well. Additionally, the site has always been geared predominantly toward die-hard Haruhiists, who, if this board is any evidence, would have no problem purchasing all kinds of Japanese merchandise pertaining to season 2 (including DVDs that they technically shouldn't be able to play), which Kadokawa of course gets a cut of.
The U.S. market is hardly the primary target. I don't see why they wouldn't put up something on a Japanese site first. If they have, my original point is moot anyway.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2007-03-16 at 15:35.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 17:29   Link #98
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
The U.S. market is hardly the primary target. I don't see why they wouldn't put up something on a Japanese site first. If they have, my original point is moot anyway.
Not being able to read Japanese, I am limited to getting my information from English sites. As far as I knew at the time, they may have already been hinting at something on one of Kadokawa's Japanese sites.

As it is, it looks like the whole thing is a lead-up to the unveiling of a dubbed episode or two at Sakura-con, which says a lot about just how primary a target they see the US market as.

They still could use the event to announce a second season of Haruhi. Even with the recent CLANNAD announcement, which I don't think they announced broadcast dates for, KyoAni could still have a rather large hole in their Fall '07 schedule (after Lucky Star).
Old 2007-03-16, 17:35   Link #99
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
I'm someone who enjoys j-drama's and K-drama's so I am not biased I think. GTO drama was not certainly not better than the anime.

For what it's worth Haruhi is just something I don't wanna see as a live action. LA should be left to manga and novels that are not supernatural(look at Goong and Full house great drama :O).
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 10:47   Link #100
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
So nothing ever came of the big event in Saitama? I haven't been able to find any information about what, if anything, was announced.
The event took place today but from eggplant's report on the event it seems nothing was announced. See here --> http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=115
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote