AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 50 33.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 29.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 21.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 9.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.66%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-01-15, 12:08   Link #261
hitsugaya307
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: France
Yes !!! you are !! no I'm kidding...
Well, maybe you're right, it might be indeed good for the character developpment. But I'm not sure it will happen. A little Geass use and plop !! everthing about that is forgotten....

We'll see on next stage ^^
hitsugaya307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 12:09   Link #262
Jaruromania
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae View Post
Suzaku not Suzuka Well,Suzuka is a more annoying than Suzaku could ever be.
At least Suzuka is hot. Suzaku is just a whiny hypocrite, and the fangirls don't want him either.

Quote:
Call me sick but I am actually hoping that Kalllen or Lelouch will have to kill Shirley in order to proctect their secret;It would bring the angst to levels never seen in mecha anime and provide useful character develpoment for them,especially Kallen.


Am I a sadist?
Ideally I'd like Shirley to say something like, "I forgive you, because you're Lelouch. You did what you had to do and I understand." Unfortunately, that's probably not going to happen, and the most likely scenario will be that Lelouch erases her memory with the Geass.

She can't die, otherwise Karen will have no more competition!
Jaruromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 12:41   Link #263
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruromania View Post
She can't die, otherwise Karen will have no more competition!
You seem to be forgetting CC
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 12:56   Link #264
mangastuff
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
After watching ep13, I kindly have a question to Mr. Suzaku:

You cried to Zero "You are a murderer" and tried to kill him

Why before didn't you cry to your lord and tell them "You are a murderer ?"

So, dear, do ppl need some criteria to be called murderer ? (like: not in your army, have fashion that you don't like, or didn't let you die then ? OR because of him that you nearly have been excecuted that you have a hatre toward him ? )

For the next ep: I have a feeling that Mr. TVshow may interrupt the scene
mangastuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 13:10   Link #265
attobyte
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
If Shirley dies, no matter by whom, I really think that Suzaku will really start to kill, instead of just stop, the resistance. I mean Shirley was the only one (or rather the first one) who showed some empathy towards him whem he arrived at school.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 13:32   Link #266
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae View Post
Suzaku not Suzuka Well,Suzuka is a more annoying than Suzaku could ever be.
Suzuka is infinitely better than Suzaku. I am getting a bit sick and tired of Suzaku, or I just don't understand his motive.
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 13:42   Link #267
Seska
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 41
Suzakus new roll will be bodyguard for Cornellia? Come on, its his 2nd time to save her butt....

And Lulu is so strict focus to capture her... Men, is there not other important things out there?

And im wondering, that this series has his fans in Nippon.

A Hero, an Gaijin. That goes over corpse to reach his goal. He sacrifice elven citizans, Soilders...

Im really wondering about the fans there

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 13:59   Link #268
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Suzuka is a hot girl, which buys her some indulgence. Suzaku is a self-righteous killer, which buys him a lot of damnation.
Conclusion: Suzuka: 1 - Suzaku: -137.

Question: do you think Kallen knows what Lelouch did? Diethard guessed it, and some in the Order may suspect it without wanting to think about it too hard, but what of Kallen? She seems to have more clues than the others.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 14:08   Link #269
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
I think she does know... but she believes in Zero and is ready to follow him to hell and back, especialy after the little conversation they had in that storehouse. She understands that some bloodshed is inevitable, but just like Lulu that won't stop her.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 14:35   Link #270
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 28
They probably don't want to know,the lie was so obvious."Oh the ship blew up,how convenient....charge comrades!Don't let their (unwilling)sacrifice go to waste" I was laughing for a minute after hearing his little speech.

Unfortunately Suzaku had to ruin everything whith is BS.
__________________
"Politics always takes vengeance on those who belittle it."
Julian Minci, Legend of the galactic heroes .
ZeusIrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 14:35   Link #271
Jaruromania
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Jaruromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 15:10   Link #272
etothex
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
pfft, hahaha, thanks for that Jaruromania. I had assumed everyone was using "Suzuka" on purpose, but you're right, we shouldn't insult the Suzukas of the world.

I realized that LL's interactions with Shirley are gonna be all complex or psycho obsessed/revenge now. *sigh* I'm gonna miss the more lighthearted school action of the ealier episodes. Some of my favorite scenes were of Shirley's misplaced jealous antics towards Kallen (Shirley's "merely a kiss" face was priceless). Guess we won't have any of those anymore.
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 17:44   Link #273
myopius
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Whoa, I just had a revelation on how they should handle it. Kallen should overhear Shirley finally deciding that it's best to let the authorities "help" Lulu by reporting him, and then kill Shirley tearfully. Then Lelouch swears vengeance in front of the council and Kallen upon hearing about it, but when Kallen reports to Zero later that she killed a girl who happened to see Zero's identity (not knowing it's Lulu) and after a moment of quiet contemplation he takes off his mask, thanks her, and says he would have done the same thing. Yeah, that'd be pretty sweet if that happened, except in that it could drive Kallen away from Lelouch (I feel like she may one day break off and decide what they do isn't right--although it's more "right" then when she was just a petty terrorist, things are different for her now). Doubt it will, however.

Seska, Cornelia's presence is his main obstacle--she's out to get him, she's in charge of a lot of anti-resistance missions. And, she may know something about his mother. Right now he's gaining a lot of support and rising in influence so it'd secure his rise to the position where he can really take down the empire, if he can deal with her early on. And yeah Suzaku has to be near Cornelia obviously, since he gains credibility by beating Zero. =\
myopius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 20:23   Link #274
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I think she does know... but she believes in Zero and is ready to follow him to hell and back, especialy after the little conversation they had in that storehouse. She understands that some bloodshed is inevitable, but just like Lulu that won't stop her.
Im with you on that skyfall, I mean she has been with Zero since the beginning. After the last episode i think she is sure that hers and Zeros goals are one in the same. She believes that only Zero has what it takes to bring down Britanna. She would follow him to hell and back i think she would also give her life to protect him
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 20:48   Link #275
Jaruromania
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im with you on that skyfall, I mean she has been with Zero since the beginning. After the last episode i think she is sure that hers and Zeros goals are one in the same. She believes that only Zero has what it takes to bring down Britanna. She would follow him to hell and back i think she would also give her life to protect him
Which makes me more interested to see how she'll react once she finds out Zero is Lelouch. She still doesn't seem to be on good terms with Lelouch right now, so I doubt she'll like it, but at least she'll realize that Lelouch is actually putting his brain to use instead of "looking down on the world thinking he's cool."

First I think she should beat up Suzukazaku though.
Jaruromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 21:52   Link #276
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
The problem with Suzaku is simple. He continually preaches and condemns Zero, but does not preach and condemn Brittania the same way. Brittania tried to destroy 2 different 11's settlement, women and children included (and no, calling them collaboraters is a stretch when they are civilians who are not fighting and are not informants). Instead, he continually follows and obeys Brittania while condemning Zero. That is why he is hypocritical. He only says what is convenient for him, much like Shinn.
Remember episode 4, where Zero said "Come to me. Britania is a worthless country that you cannot use." To which he replied, "That may be true, but that's why I'm going to change Britania into a worthwhile country from inside out." Thus from this we can gather that Suzaku does acknowledge that Britannia is a worthless country, and thus he does not like nor condone the actions of Britannia one bit.

So why does Suzaku work in the Britanian military even if their ideals are not the same as his? Because Britania is a country ruled by the strong and the respected, and thus in order to become both for a number like him he has to be in the military. He is not fighting for Britannia because he is fighting for national pride or what not; he's doing it so that he can be recognized and thus gain a voice in Britannia. Suzaku is only in the military because to him its the best (or maybe the only) way he can think of changing Britannia from the inside without much or any loss of civilian lives.

So if one does not condone the actions of the country he is working for, does condemning similar actions done by another individual be actually called hypocrisy? Nope, that's called consistency. Suzaku does not like how Britannia acts, and thus he has every right to condemn Zero, who's actions are as bad and sometimes even worse than what Britannia actually does.

Remember, Suzaku is not fighting FOR Britannia, but rather he's fighting for the recognition one gets by fighting WITH Britannia. He might be very vocal against Zero's actions, but every move Suzaku has made ever since he became an honored brittanian was to change Britannia's 'evil' ways. So while he might not condemn Britannia verbally, he's still doing something that effectively says that he does condemn Britannian's way anyways. As they say, actions speak louder than words.



Quote:
Another thing that is hypocritical about him is his "I want to reduce the number of people killed." In that regards, he has killed Japanese people to save the lives of Brittanian soldiers. So in effect, he is truthful about saving the lives of Brittanian soldiers, but not so for the Japanese people, who he himself is trying to "protect" with his idealistic comments. He is upset when Brittanian soldiers are killed, but is perfectly fine killing people of his homeland to get promoted.
Try to see it from his POV, so bear with me here.

While he does not verbally claim to be, one can conclude from his actions that Suzaku is a protector of the civilians, no matter if they are Britannian or Japanese. He protected Lelouch in the beginning because he thought that he was just an innocent civilian caught up in the mess. When he gets rescued by Zero later on, part of the reason why he comes back to Britannia was because 'If I don't go, the accusations against the Elevens and the honored Britannians will begin.' When he met Euphie for the first time, all she had to say to get him to help her was 'To tell you the truth, I'm being chased by bad people.' When the JLF decided to do terrorist like actions by taking the hotel hostage, he was eager to fight against them in order to save the people (mostly pure blooded Britannians). He doesn't care who they are or where they are from, as long as civilians are getting hurt, he will oppose or try to change those hurting them.

Thus, he is not fighting the Japanese rebels because he wants to save Britannian lives. Rather he is fighting the JLF for the same reason why he's opposed to Zero and the same reason why he's trying to climb up the Britanian social ladder: he is just protecting innocent civilian lives and try his hardest to improve their lives as well. If us viewers try to see it that way, then him fighting against the JLF is by no means hypocritical at all.

I think I already established that Suzaku does not like the way Britannia is right now, and I'm sure everyone knows that Suzaku does not like Zero. Why does he not like either of them? Because both treat civilian lives as an expendable tool to further their goals. Taking this further, he must not also not like the JLF because they too did the same at Narita.

And yet, why does Suzaku have such a pained expression in eps 13 at 11:49 (when he accepts his mission to eliminate the JLF) and at 17:04 (when he was shooting back at the 'surrendering' JLF), even though these people are the type of people he hates? Clearly he is not 'perfectly fine' killing them, so I don't know where it is implied that he was fine killing his own countrymen.


Quote:
Suzaku sprouting his beliefs and anger at the funeral was wrong. He should have been comforting and supporting instead of trying to fuel more anger and sadness in Shirley.
Agreed whole-heartedly. Suzaku is... ummm, whats the word... insensitive? Crude? Whatever the word is, what Suzaku spouted then made him look like a real jerk. Just not the right place nor the right time to say those things.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2007-01-15 at 22:18.
DragoonKain3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 22:35   Link #277
FSNxPhantom
ZOMG!!! HEAVEN'S FEEL FTW
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas (go H-Town)
Send a message via AIM to FSNxPhantom
I just love it how people hate other people *coughSuzakuandLelouchecough*and make threads super long cause of this. There should be a thread specifically made for the arguments to go on (forever).

I'm putting alot of faith in the next episode cause of that cliff hanger. DON'T DISAPPOINT ME NOW EP. 14!!!
__________________
How to describe this...

FSNxPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 22:37   Link #278
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Guze no Sekai
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Well now, episode 13 was interesting.

As expected, Lelouch only had a real moment of weakness here after seeing Shirley at the place of the battle. What's important in this episode is likely to be more development for his character. If it wasn't for C.C's wake-up call, who knows what might actually happen?

Aside from that, Lelouch is shown here not to be made out as the cold-blooded killer many people think he might be. The momentary hesitation in shooting Cornelia and possibly hurting his friend is good enough to show that.

Contrary to previous assumptions, at least there is some inkling of Suzaku's character. From the conversations and the actions he took during the operation, I see quite a bit of hesitation on his part, although he eventually took a more active role in it, albeit reluctantly (unless concerned with Zero, with whom he is totally convinced is the scourge of the people and the world, of course). To tell the truth, I think that makes him more similar to Zero than he thinks he might be, if his goal was to remain on track about changing Britannia from within. He has to obey orders from higher ranking officers to participate in what could be deemed a massacre, and there is little doubt there will be more of these happening in the future, especially when insurgency is never quelled in an oppressed country. Yet, Suzaku has to partake in this, 'for a promotion', apparently, so he can get closer to his goal...And to what cost? The lives of his fellow countrymen. I don't see any difference in what he does with the actions of Zero. That might actually be why Suzaku is getting condemned for being a hypocrite.


And at the rate this keeps up, either Cornelia's going to fall in love with Suzaku or Lancelot's going to be a permanent plot device whenever it comes out.

Seems like our newest member of the OoBK isn't in it for justice, either. We need more of such characters, seriously. Diethard pretty much about gave logic to Zero's apparently dastardly crazy plan to some of us who feel his destruction of the Sakuradite and General Katase was uncalled for. It's somewhat inhumane, perhaps, but it's a war they are fighting with Britannia, and wars with competent leaders with larger forces and more advanced technology in some ways need to be fought with intelligence and stealth rather than meeting them head on.

I'll be very interested to see how episode 14 goes, though, especially with the title, the monologue by Lelouch and the trend of misleading previews from CG. In any case, Lulu's going to need a way to untangle himself from this big mess he's gotten himself into.
__________________
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 22:56   Link #279
SuperAsuradaGundam
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
It seems that Leouch, in this episode has some needed development because now he knows that his actions did lead to some consequences and he is not too happy about it. Suzuka....I mean...Suzaku still does not realize that his actions are the same as Leouch's actions against Britania in which there is serious consequences such as betrayl from his native people and even he is blaming Zero for everything, which is somewhat true with the exception of a few instaces.
__________________
In life, there are those who take things too seriously and bust on everything and those who just relax and enjoy it for what it is.
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 22:58   Link #280
kira11111
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

I think I already established that Suzaku does not like the way Britannia is right now, and I'm sure everyone knows that Suzaku does not like Zero. Why does he not like either of them? Because both treat civilian lives as an expendable tool to further their goals. Taking this further, he must not also not like the JLF because they too did the same at Narita.
Nice read. I like how your trying to show things through Suzaku's POV.

Just want to make something clear, Lulu has yet to use civilians as expendable tools. Lulu was not targeting those civilians in Narita, they were caught up in the landslide because of a miscalculation. None of them should have been there anyways the town was supposed to be evacuated. If Lulu did use them as expendable tools it would have been deliberate and not an unfortunate accident, which it clearly was. Cornelia and a minor faction of the JLF have used civilians as "tools". So you are correct about those two.
kira11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.