AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-07, 15:54   Link #221
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I'm at chapter 14 now. Dispatching the enemies isn't so hard. However, the boss character is too strong! He hits hard, and he's fast. He can barely be hit, and most characters won't survive the encounter.

This is with troops of LV12 - 14. Eirika is LV15. She was able to hit Carlyle, only to be defeated with a critical hit.

Anyone who says this game is stupidly easy without using the tower is obviously talking out of his ass.
This got me curious, so i finally sat down and am replaying the game now on Hard mode (No, not going for the no-promotion challenge ...yet). Just cleared chapter 16 ... and i must say, i have no idea how you managed to have your units lvl 12-14 by this point (Chapter 14), as that was the chapter where i promoted all of my units, and all of them (minus Natasha) were lvl 18-20. I haven't set a foot inside the tower, and haven't been fighting the monsters spawning on world map either, minus once, when i needed to get to the store. I can only venture a guess you are either having Seth be an exp hog from the early stages, or rushing the boss without clearing the maps fully, or both.

The desert fight against Valter and Caellach (i think that is what the Hero boss was called) was quite silly. Franz and Amelia, both Great Knights at this point with A support, cleared the entire left side of the map alone. Just the two of them. No healers. Which means they took out a dozen of units, and then Franz simply soloed Caellach (without crits being involved). Physical units can't scratch the two (no, wait - i am somehow having a rather crappy Amelia growth, so she can be poked for 3 damage with a lance ...provided anyone actually lands a hit), and magic attacks can do about 6-9 dmg ...provided anyone actually hits, as the hit rate against them is about 35%. It was quite silly.

Valter simply went down by a combo of Lute + Arthur (A support). Have Lute attack him, and Artur stand behind her and heal. Took 3 attacks to bring him down. Neither has the speed advantage to double attack. Of course he could have been swarmed with more units as well, but i got lazy and just skipped the turn.

Orson in next chapter was quite hilarious as well - Artur soloed him, because his dark imbued sword couldn't do a single point of damage against Artur, who was using Divine. Took some 6 turns to bring him down, but i was in no hurry.

And this is on the supposed Hard mode .. and i am not even utilizing supports to the fullest, as i haven't bothered to level any additional supports for anyone beyond having an A with one person .. there is still room for performance boost by obtaining B between other persons in your group. Oh, i made a mistake previously and Moulder died in chapter 14, due to my own berserking unit ... poor guy ..well, i left him for dead, as i felt it wasn't worth replaying the chapter ... Lute and Artur had digivolved in said chapter, and could pick up the slack on any needed healing just fine.

So i suggest you better review your strategies regarding your gameplay, before you start saying some questionable things about people claiming this game to be easy. The fact your units are grossly underleveled is of no one's fault but your own.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 17:14   Link #222
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Before I get Mario & Luigi RPG3, I replayed the FE games I have on Hard, but without a doubt, in hardness, DS >>> SS (F route)> FE7 >>> GC

DS's is just evil... Evil~~... The first stage... and the rest... Wolf and the other guy's greatness helps calm my heart after seeing a bunch of bad growths...

SS F's... Phantom ship is... scary... *shiver* From there and here and everywhere... Ahh! Ephraim! Don't kill them all Ahh he died... His stages really provide a challenge when you don't use the tower. Though I still train Ewan and Amelia out of love!

FE7... The only real thing hard about this is the lack of characters I can send out and collect support conversations... Which I tried on the stage before last with two weak units... One who got killed by reinforcements that came out of the starting point! Why there?!

GC's was a joke... I did lose Lethe and Zihark to the Black House because I miscalculated his movement range, but it was a breeze, as expected. Ashnard's 2nd form worried me, but Mist and Elincia using Physic from afar and letting Ike slowly kill him was simple...
And how did "Fushuuuuuuuuuuuu" translate to maniacal laughter, translator of the game?!

...
Started reading the novel for SS... As interesting as always, but with more reality to the stuff, like units not able to receive a bunch of axe attacks and still live and horses no longer in castles, etc.
The art is unfortunate though...

FE7's is out of order...
Though reviews are bad anyways...
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 15:24   Link #223
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
No, I barely use Seth, and I do clear the maps. You should have tried Beginner or Normal mode instead of Hard, as you aren't playing the same game as me.

People saying this game is piss easy either
  • are very good players,
  • die-hard Fire Emblem fans who know every trick, or
  • lying
I'm currently at chapter 19, with both Eirika and Ephraim promoted, and the rest of the units at at least LV17 (except Ross, LV16), but still unpromoted.
__________________
SeaMonkey - surfing the net has never been so suite
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 15:42   Link #224
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
No, I barely use Seth, and I do clear the maps. You should have tried Beginner or Normal mode instead of Hard, as you aren't playing the same game as me.
I fail to see how someone having much less difficulties than you would be counted as "playing another game".
For your instance, Hard mode doesn't give any bonus of exp. The AI units got better stats, but the same lvl, hence the exp isn't tailored at all. Hard Mode is "more challenging", because you have thougher enemies, less gold (and so ressources) and a "smarter" AI.

I would largely suggest you trying out FE6 and 7, because Sacred Stones has a very inherent issue, and that is the ridiculous difficulty combined with all characters having retardly high growth rates.

I'm pretty sure sety would have fun time with some comparisons (well, let's avoid the silly "uber ike" from RD problem though )

Quote:
People saying this game is piss easy either
  • are very good players,
  • die-hard Fire Emblem fans who know every trick, or
  • lying
By no mean, I'm not trying to be rude, but the fact you jumped on valter with eirika, a unit that doesn't exploit valter weakness (aka: axe and anima/light/dark) and is leading you to a game over should you make it die, is really making me wondering about your strategies.
Weapons advantages + field advantage AND characters skills are the base and leaving everything to some fancy factors is hardly strategy.
Like serenade said, if valter procced pierce, it would have been a very ugly result (aka impending doom to Eirika). You were basically lucky on that occurence, while using safer way such like casters + rescues would be hardly as dangerous (remember that speed + con + field allow you to control your evasion stats with these, so saying valter would steamroll them is void, especially with support).
And no, it isn't for FE pro, it is really made evident by Sacred Stones. FE6 was the complete opposite: overwhelming the player with raw and "archaic" manoeuvres without giving you any tutorial.

Without using experience hogs such like Seth, Innes and any prepromoted unit, most characters of a stable team are promoted by the time of chapter 15-16. Using hero unit is probably the second best way to suck up your exp badly as well...
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 19:01   Link #225
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
For your instance, Hard mode doesn't give any bonus of exp. The AI units got better stats, but the same lvl, hence the exp isn't tailored at all.
I see. I stand corrected.
Quote:
Sacred Stones has a very inherent issue, and that is the ridiculous difficulty combined with all characters having retardly high growth rates
Explain to me what these "retardly high growth rates" are, because an average of 3 stats only going up by 1 doesn't sound that high to me.
Quote:
By no mean, I'm not trying to be rude, but the fact you jumped on valter with eirika, a unit that doesn't exploit valter weakness (aka: axe and anima/light/dark) and is leading you to a game over should you make it die, is really making me wondering about your strategies.
Valter uses a lance, and a Lancereaver takes care of that pretty well. I attacked him with Eirika because she's one of my strongest units, and because it fit the story.
Quote:
You were basically lucky on that occurence, while using safer way such like casters + rescues would be hardly as dangerous
Lucky? No, I do look at the window that pops before you attack.

Valter has a ranged weapon, and he isn't slow either. My casters would have been toast.
Quote:
Without using experience hogs such like Seth, Innes and any prepromoted unit, most characters of a stable team are promoted by the time of chapter 15-16.
At which level? LV10? That's not a very good idea.

Eirika and Ephraim (both promoted!) owned chapter 19, by the way, and got a lot of level ups.
__________________
SeaMonkey - surfing the net has never been so suite
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 09:07   Link #226
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I see. I stand corrected.

Explain to me what these "retardly high growth rates" are, because an average of 3 stats only going up by 1 doesn't sound that high to me.
You are being quite unlucky then, as generally seeing 4 stat LVL-ups is not rare at all. Someone like Ephraim should be getting more than that on fairly regular basis. An average of 3 is fairly low indeed ... if that is really your growth rate, then it is just bad luck. Shouldn't have too much of an impact on performance though - i am still killing most of the enemies in a single battle phase with a 2x attack, and that is on hard mode. Enemies that can withstand that are relatively few and far in-between.

Quote:
Lucky? No, I do look at the window that pops before you attack.

Valter has a ranged weapon, and he isn't slow either. My casters would have been toast.
Valter is considerably slow actually. Well, not completely slow, but he shouldn't be able to double attack you. As i noted before, i simply beat him with Lute attacking 3 times, and Artur healing her. Rest were sitting back and enjoying the show. No chance of dying at all. If he were actually moving that might have been another story, but he is a sitting duck ...a shame, really.

Quote:
At which level? LV10? That's not a very good idea.
No, definitely not 10. I still can't figure how you manage to have characters of such low levels, without using hogs like Seth etc. At the rate you are going, if you plan to wait till 20, the game will be over before you promote a single unit.

I just completed chapter 19 as well on my side, and my stable team is (All my non-lord units got promoted at chapter 14):

Ephraim (Lvl 4 Great Lord)
Eirika (Lvl 2 Great Lord)
Innes (Lvl 5 Sniper ... not that he is the best of units, but i wanted to see his support conversations with Eirika)
Franz (Lvl 8 Great Knight, promoted at lvl 20)
Tana (Lvl 9 Falcoknight, promoted at lvl 18)
Amelia (Lvl 4 Great KNight, promoted at lvl 18)
Artur (Lvl 7 Sage, promoted at lvl 19)
Lute (Lvl 6 Mage Knight, promoted at lvl 18 or 19 (can't remember))
Neimi (Lvl 7 Ranger, promoted at lvl 20)
Colm (Lvl 7 assassin, promoted at lvl 19)
Joshua (Lvl 4 Swormaster, promoted at lvl 18)
Natsaha (Lvl 5 Valkyrie, promoted at lvl 10 ... only one i promoted as soon as i could, but there isn't really any reason not to with her)

All characters were promoted during Chapter 14 (Minus Natasha, who was digivolved during 15), and that could have actually been done sooner, as none of my characters will be close to hitting 20 by the time the game ends ... i venture Tana and Franz might reach ~ lvl 15 at best, but no more than that. I haven't set a foot inside the tower, and have fought monsters on the world map for 3 times, which probably gives my team an "extra" 1-1.5 lvls or so.

So ..yeah. I can't tell what without knowing the specifics, but something most definitely is going very wrong with exp gain on your side.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 10:39   Link #227
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Asia Tour
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
You can try levelling at the tower thing. I always made Lute reach 20 first. She's one of my favorites second to Larachel.
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 02:29   Link #228
Karnot
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
-TOO-MANY-UNITS... They all come in packs into my party, and they either get a second-long introduction, or none at all... And thanks to the lack of support conversations, when I ended the game, lots of characters felt pretty undeveloped, and I lacked any emotions towards most characters...
So true. Like level 3 or something, where you get like 5 soldiers who dont say a single word !
After that i just couldnt care less, i plugged in FF7 and went to get remaining 30% of supports, and sold Shadow Dragon cart the following day. Good riddance i say.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 03:31   Link #229
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
So true. Like level 3 or something, where you get like 5 soldiers who dont say a single word !
After that i just couldnt care less, i plugged in FF7 and went to get remaining 30% of supports, and sold Shadow Dragon cart the following day. Good riddance i say.
Eehh... I know character development is important to Fire Emblem, but that isn't the only thing it has. You should at least play the game through once instead of just selling it away out of silly anger or you won't even see what is next. Okay, sure, there still is little development later, but there's still the actual gameplay and seeing what everything is like?
Well, it is your choice... In the end, only you are affected by this decision...
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 03:39   Link #230
Karnot
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
should at least play the game through once instead of just selling it away out of silly anger
Read posts before answering. It wasnt an anger, i just didnt give a damn about any of the characters, and therefore the game was pretty colorless and battles were just tedious. I didnt care whatsoever if someone got a level or not. How come i got giddy happy every time Guy gained a point in Str, but i wouldnt really mind Marth dropping dead if he wasnt a Lord ?
Why forcing yourself to play the game just because of its name ?
Eh.

I give IS props for further streamlining the interface, though. At least SOMEONE is here with us in 21st century, unlike all those SRT games which never changed since the stone ages.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 04:18   Link #231
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
Read posts before answering. It wasnt an anger, i just didnt give a damn about any of the characters, and therefore the game was pretty colorless and battles were just tedious. I didnt care whatsoever if someone got a level or not.
Why forcing yourself to play the game just because of its name ?
Eh.

I give IS props for further streamlining the interface, though. At least SOMEONE is here with us in 21st century, unlike all those SRT games which never changed since the stone ages.
I see... So you figured the characters were colorless and emotionally sold the game away... And when you say tedious, explain to me just how it was any different from other Fire Emblem games? Sure, there was no rescue, but don't tell me that just because of it, things somehow became serious... in your quick 3 or so map play of the game?
No one is forcing you, of course. Like I said, it is your choice. But I simply found it unfortunate that a decent game (in its genre) was given up on just like that.

Quote:
How come i got giddy happy every time Guy gained a point in Str, but i wouldnt really mind Marth dropping dead if he wasnt a Lord ?
1. Because you liked him more.
2. Because Guy is a myrmidon. I'm always happy if myrmidons manage to earn strength.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 12:05   Link #232
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
i plugged in FF7
Final Fantasy VII? It's a strategy game?!
__________________
SeaMonkey - surfing the net has never been so suite
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 17:58   Link #233
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Final Fantasy VII? It's a strategy game?!
Oh god, a typo! Get in the nuclear bunkers!

Quote:
Explain to me what these "retardly high growth rates" are, because an average of 3 stats only going up by 1 doesn't sound that high to me.
It's high compared to some of the other FE games [*cough cough Sealed Sword*]. I don't remember well, but I think it was high for FE7 as well.
It might have just been me, but I usually got around 3-5 stats per level on Sacred Stones.

Last edited by OceanBlue; 2009-03-29 at 18:08.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 20:32   Link #234
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
It's high compared to some of the other FE games [*cough cough Sealed Sword*]. I don't remember well, but I think it was high for FE7 as well.
It might have just been me, but I usually got around 3-5 stats per level on Sacred Stones.
It seems that FE8's is the highest of the 3 GBA games. But I wouldn't really call it that high (besides, people say it as if they love seeing their characters only get 1 or 2 up every time)... I mean, if you want to see high, just look at Karel's growth rates in FE6! Even higher than Myrrh's...
And then there is FE9/FE10... *cough*
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 00:45   Link #235
Lostdreams
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
No, I barely use Seth, and I do clear the maps. You should have tried Beginner or Normal mode instead of Hard, as you aren't playing the same game as me.

People saying this game is piss easy either
  • are very good players,
  • die-hard Fire Emblem fans who know every trick, or
  • lying
I'm currently at chapter 19, with both Eirika and Ephraim promoted, and the rest of the units at at least LV17 (except Ross, LV16), but still unpromoted.
woot!!! I must be very good cuz I beat this game on hard without using towers even once. And when I checked the win loss thing all my units have 0 losses except Natasha. I still think Fire Emblem 6 was harder, considering the fact that it was my first fire emblem game, I had my starting paladin at lvl 20, jafar lvl 20, and my lords lvl 3. FE7 is piss easy.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 14:06   Link #236
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It seems that FE8's is the highest of the 3 GBA games. But I wouldn't really call it that high (besides, people say it as if they love seeing their characters only get 1 or 2 up every time)... I mean, if you want to see high, just look at Karel's growth rates in FE6! Even higher than Myrrh's...
And then there is FE9/FE10... *cough*
Yeah, but you get Karel at what basically is the end of the game. I like Fir better anyway. Yay for trying to win with an almost completely female cast!
I'm assuming FE10 is Radiant Dawn, and I haven't played that yet, but FE Path of Radiance's growth rates were ridiculous. And then you could just save and use bonus experience. Ridiculous.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 16:41   Link #237
TechnoToy
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Sacred Stones is my favourite. Joshua and Gerik were my favourite units.
TechnoToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 17:50   Link #238
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams
FE7 is piss easy.
O_O You must be very good indeed. I bought the game from a friend today, actually. I'll see for myself how hard it is...
__________________
SeaMonkey - surfing the net has never been so suite
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 02:00   Link #239
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Wait, Boyd and Mist have a pair ending possible in FE10?!!!!!???! (Just in case... What happens...?)



P.S. Wayu's breasts grew too large.(´;ω;`)
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 04:53   Link #240
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'm just curious, has anyone postings in this thread played Fire Emblem Seisen No Keifu? It's an absolute must for any fan of Fire Emblem and gaming in general. Especially because of the whole coupling/descendants system.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.