AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-02-09, 14:07   Link #141
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

All the arguments put forth don't make the first 8 chapters any easier. I'm currently having a very rough time finishing chapter 10 without having anyone die.
Old 2009-02-09, 15:25   Link #142
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Rather, people say Sacred Stone's growth rates are godly, but it's not like Rekka was all that much better. Just that Rekka had a clear seperation between the usable and the trash.
The three pegasus sisters were very strong. Especially Farina.
Hector and Lyn can prove to be strong, if your luck isn't bad. (Eliwood is just... Elisomething <--GC FE)
Canas's defense increases for some reason, and he can use Luna, which was thankfully weakened in Sacred Stones.
Nino is Amelia-class (AKA, if you raise her, you'll get a monster)
And such.

I didn't really find Hard on Rekka that much harder than Sacred Stones... Though the fact I couldn't dispatch as many characters was bothersome towards my quest to get 100% support conversations.

Rather, one thing I hate about Rekka is that the epilogues all are structured to fit Fuin! It wasn't funny watching them say Canas dies (the hell...?) or Darts disappears or whatever disappears or dies. That part, I really liked about Sacred Stones. Plenty of nice ends that don't leave you bitter.
Of course, the worst and main reason I wish Fuin could be obliterated from history was that Nino's pair ends all have her meeting a BAD END! FU-ZA-KEN-NA!
Which is why I never use Jaffer. Nino-->Canas, Legault is the best.

--
Pointless, but for people who make fun of the Sniper's skill... Watch this
Snipers... Scary...

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2009-02-09 at 16:32.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 20:18   Link #143
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Nino dies in all the endings!?
BUT SHE'S SO CUTE.
Old 2009-02-10, 00:00   Link #144
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Nino dies in all the endings!?
BUT SHE'S SO CUTE.
Nino has children in both of her pair endings, but they all involve her having to leave them in an orphanage as she either chases after tra... Jaffer, or runs away as Erk chase her... (something like that). Well, in other words, she didn't end up happy, if you pair her up.

BUT
In her separate end, she ends up living happily in some small village, thus making this the TRUE end!!!!!!! And then, with me... *delusion cut*
And Jaffar does the best thing and disappears by himself. That's right, don't drag her down with ya'.
Her children? *in a laughing voice* What could you be talking about? *lets them get killed by Mamkutes*

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-02-10, 10:25   Link #145
krisslanza

Ah I see... Poor Nino.
Pairing her with Jaffar seems immensely creepy. If because he looks like he's you know. 20 or 30+ and she looks like she's 10.
Old 2009-02-10, 11:49   Link #146
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Nino is Amelia-class (AKA, if you raise her, you'll get a monster)
Amelia and Lute for that matter came near the start of the game. Nino came within the last 5 chapters so like hell you can compare them.

Quote:
Just that Rekka had a clear seperation between the usable and the trash.
Wrong, Rekka had the same issue with everyone being good. Just Sacred Stones also had obscenely high starting base stats, split class growths.

Quote:
It wasn't funny watching them say Canas dies (the hell...?) or Darts disappears or whatever disappears or dies. That part, I really liked about Sacred Stones. Plenty of nice ends that don't leave you bitter.
Sacred Stones took the happy endings to a ridiculous point where every single frickin person was perfect. Also Rekka offered perfectly fine happy alternate endings outside of the canon ones. It was to be expected though as Fuuin no Tsurugi was a grittier and darker story and Rekka no Ken was a romp through disneyland.

Besides you completely left out the important details of why Nino died besides the canon. Its simply because Nino was Black Fang, same goes for Jaffar, their heads were worth a fortune in bounty they had no chance but to go on the run.

Though they hint that their children were actually taken in by Lucius who was hinted to be the father of that orphanage.

Quote:
If because he looks like he's you know. 20 or 30+ and she looks like she's 10.
Officially Jaffar was 18 and Nino was 14 actually.
Old 2009-02-10, 15:04   Link #147
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Amelia and Lute for that matter came near the start of the game. Nino came within the last 5 chapters so like hell you can compare them.
Yeah you can... I'm not talking about when you get them. I'm talking about how well they end up growing. Not sure what you are trying to say...

Quote:
Wrong, Rekka had the same issue with everyone being good. Just Sacred Stones also had obscenely high starting base stats, split class growths.
Hmm~, if you say so... In personal experience, Wallace-Dorcas-swordsmans-Matthew all turned out pretty disappointing.

Quote:
Sacred Stones took the happy endings to a ridiculous point where every single frickin person was perfect.
Knoll: "......." 。・゜・(つД`)・゜・。
Rennac: "......." (´・ω・`)
Lyon: "......"あなたあなたあなたあなたあなたあなたあなたあなたあなた"
At least they didn't pull some random plot device and save him, like a certain Rekka girl.

Also, at least it was better than Rekka's ends, which had lots of sudden developments in the epilogues. Well, I guess people who have played Fuin first would be fine, but just playing Rekka, the epilogues for some are nothing but horribly done/sudden... Even if it's to get more than "perfect" ends.
Kind of like, go through a movie and get a happy end, but then they slip in an epilogue that tells the audience that some random something kills them.

Quote:
Officially Jaffar was 18 and Nino was 14 actually.
I was pretty surprised myself when I learned this... Not that it matters. Jaffer 死ねえええええええええええ

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2009-02-10 at 15:20.
Old 2009-02-10, 18:17   Link #148
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Yeah you can... I'm not talking about when you get them. I'm talking about how well they end up growing. Not sure what you are trying to say...
When you get them is every bit as important as how they turn out.

Fact is Nino is powerful eventually, but you get her at a time when its really pointless to level her and at a stupidly low level of 5 and virtually no weapon skill levels.

You go out of your way to train her but requires you not caring for rank, aiming for support conversations (which doesn't even require you to train her), being a lolicon or really obssessive. Good for novelty, not really useful.

This in a game where almost everyone can become useful somehow eventually and come far far earlier at a point when you actually need them. I mean honestly...at least Renault and Karla were pre-promoted.

Quote:
At least they didn't pull some random plot device and save him, like a certain Rekka girl.
But she died again anyway :P
Old 2009-02-10, 20:52   Link #149
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
But she died again anyway :P
In Fuin?
知らない~ そんなの知らない~

Quote:

Fact is Nino is powerful eventually, but you get her at a time when its really pointless to level her and at a stupidly low level of 5 and virtually no weapon skill levels.

You go out of your way to train her but requires you not caring for rank, aiming for support conversations (which doesn't even require you to train her), being a lolicon or really obssessive. Good for novelty, not really useful.
I guess your point of view seems to be that using the side chapter to level her up is a waste (or something like that)... So I guess you would end up thinking like that.
Of course, not caring for my rank and aiming for conversations, loving to see her and her growths, and being a lo... never mind, I always use her. So in the end, she becomes a powerful force (like Amelia) for the few stages she gets to be used on. Unfortunately, just a few stages... Oh well on there though.

Old 2009-02-10, 22:45   Link #150
krisslanza

Quote:

This in a game where almost everyone can become useful somehow eventually and come far far earlier at a point when you actually need them. I mean honestly...at least Renault and Karla were pre-promoted.
I think it's worth training Nino if you have the patience. Her stat growths are insane to compensate for her late-game joining and low starting level. But it really is a chore to level her.

Speaking of SS I was surprised when Eirika and Tana have a paired ending. I don't think you could get girl paired endings in FE7 (not that there was anything suggestive in the ending really. Odd how she didn't get one with L'Arachel though)
Old 2009-02-11, 01:55   Link #151
Mikachiru
test

...I haven't played any FE before 9. But, despite what some are saying about it, I really liked POR (mostly because of Soren). It was pretty good. I didn't like RD, though. I hate Micaiah ALOT and the ending was beyond depressing (as in lacklusting, not sad). I really wished Soren had a pair ending...with a woman*coughLethecough*.
Mikachiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 02:19   Link #152
EternalNeptune

Haha im so old school. I only played sacred stones.^^
EternalNeptune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 02:36   Link #153
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
I think it's worth training Nino if you have the patience. Her stat growths are insane to compensate for her late-game joining and low starting level. But it really is a chore to level her.
And you can do the reckless maniac, using afa drops on her to transform her into an even more ludicrous character, but heh
But still, even if you don't factor the long and rank hurtful aspect of leveling up Nino, the extra chapter after recruiting her is a TRUE PAIN should you want to powerlevel her.
Using everyone as a shield for her is god damn awful (nevermind, in hard mode, don't even dare to try this), as they don't really mind rushing like idiots to aim for your sheep.
Mowing down pegasi before they reach Nino is absolutely not a laughing matter, especially when she is forced to spam Fire before using Helfire (good thing she has a good speed stats and growth, otherwise, she wouldn't be even a moving target...)

Quote:
Speaking of SS I was surprised when Eirika and Tana have a paired ending. I don't think you could get girl paired endings in FE7 (not that there was anything suggestive in the ending really. Odd how she didn't get one with L'Arachel though)
Well, you have Lyn + Florina, and perhaps more of them.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 03:36   Link #154
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNeptune View Post
Haha im so old school. I only played sacred stones.^^
That's hardly old school. Try playing Seisen No Keifu, that's old school and to me it's also the best game ever made.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 10:34   Link #155
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Well, you have Lyn + Florina, and perhaps more of them.
I don't recally their being any girl x girl paired endings in FE7. I remembered it in SS because I played the Japanese version first and was like: "Waaaah Eirika and Tana ending?" and was wondering what it was.

Too bad there isn't a LynxFlorina ending...
Old 2009-02-11, 11:58   Link #156
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
There are also male x male ends too (Uho~!).

Larchel does invite Erika to her room though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
...I haven't played any FE before 9. But, despite what some are saying about it, I really liked POR (mostly because of Soren). It was pretty good. I didn't like RD, though. I hate Micaiah ALOT and the ending was beyond depressing (as in lacklusting, not sad). I really wished Soren had a pair ending...with a woman*coughLethecough*.
I hope future FE games will stay off of the GC and Wii... (Maa, luckily, the next game was for the DS. Though I do wish they adapt the sequel to it on the DS again, only with anime-art this time)
For one thing, hand-held is good, personally.
Second, the system seems to be falling apart with every new game onwards. Skills for everyone in GC that were broken+Ike the cheat, and then in Wii, we get a whole bunch of third promotions (I could forgive new classes from the bottom, like the trainees, but making so many new classes is...) and apparently, you can move around skills now...(?) Not only that, it seems that support conversations were completely downgraded? And then the new healing items that can be used 10 times or whatever.

And on a less important point... It seems that the attacks in the animation are getting flashier and flashier... But takes a lot longer now... That Eddy swordsman guy... Flips the bandit, waits for him to get up, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
(nevermind, in hard mode, don't even dare to try this),
...(´・ω・`)
Too late. <--not regretting it though. Ozwin shield was delicious. Canas shield too.

Quote:
Japanese version
I want a new Japanese version of SS too...

Old 2009-02-11, 15:12   Link #157
krisslanza

Fire Emblem is notoriously full of yaoi pairings in fandom. Don't remind me
(It doesn't help in the FE Wii if you import an Ike and Soren A support on your 2nd run through it has them have a paired ending where they like run away with each other...)

Was sad no special ending with L'Arachel
And yes supports got 'nerfed' in the Wii. You can support anyone with anyone and all supports are just generic texts.
Old 2009-02-11, 15:21   Link #158
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Amelia and Lute for that matter came near the start of the game.
Amelia appears in chapter 9. That's not near the start of the game.

And I still haven't gotten past chapter 10! I almost made it yesterday, and then someone died... It's brutal. Damn those enemy reinforcements.
Old 2009-02-11, 15:25   Link #159
serenade_beta
マジ天使

RD...
Don't know what will happen to him later, but as of chapter 1, that Jarod guy has given me a good impression so far... Does good work, as a villain. *chin* *chin* *chin* *duun~* *duun~* *duun~* Farewell, villagers A, B, C!

I just have to react, but...
Sothe...

Quote:
(It doesn't help in the FE Wii if you import an Ike and Soren A support on your 2nd run through it has them have a paired ending where they like run away with each other...)
*shiver*

Quote:
And yes supports got 'nerfed' in the Wii. You can support anyone with anyone and all supports are just generic texts.
.................................................. ......................
*picks up a death note*
Now then, to find out the person who decided to do that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Amelia appears in chapter 9. That's not near the start of the game.

And I still haven't gotten past chapter 10! I almost made it yesterday, and then someone died... It's brutal. Damn those enemy reinforcements.
What's worse... If you miss her in Erika's route, the next time she appears, she happens to appear in one of the nastier chapters...
Erika's route? F's route?

Old 2009-02-11, 15:34   Link #160
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I heard that in the Wii FE, the characters get three states (two promotions)?
That's nothing, this one Japanese game I have for the PC has so far given me three promotions for my main character and it looks like there's room for at least one more.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote