AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-01-11, 14:05   Link #1
Razz

Neji would've been much more interesting if...

...He was angsty, emo and pissed off at the main house branch of the Hyuuga family. He would've been interesting if he decided to leave the Hyuuga family and be his own person. Of course, he has the seal, but if he tried hard enough, he could get his uncle to remove it (if its even possible to remove).

OR he could go to Orochimaru and have him remove it, but at the same time he'd have the Cursed Seal, which would make him Orochimaru's puppet/container.

Possible arcs that they could have in the manga had Neji went down this route would be:

1. Neji becoming Sasuke's rival, and at the same time his teammate as part of Team Orochi.
2. Realising he never should've left the Hyuuga family, to atone for his error, he attempts to make Sasuke realise what he is doing is wrong too and try to get him to go back to Konoha with him. Sasuke refuses, they clash and then showdown, Uchiha VS Hyuuga, Sharingan VS Byakugan, the dream matchup we've all wanted

Not that I don't like Neji the way he is right now, but I think he has/had potential for a good storyline. He is too skilled to be a side-character. Thoughts?
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 14:44   Link #2
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Sadly this will never happen because Neji got hit by Naruto's bitching power.
Once you become Naruto's bitch you lose most of your interest, you can't have backstory on your own and you can't talk more than 5 minutes without randomly shouting that Naruto's going to be Hokage.

Such dreadful power indeed.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 14:51   Link #3
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

I can really see him joining oro to be with kabuto. One is short sighted the other has perfect eye sight, perfect. Oro x Saskey, kabuto x neji, i love you....you love me.... we are happy family.......
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 15:04   Link #4
Rezard

Didnīt Zetsu showed signs to have an Byakugan?

Maybe he manage to break though the Byakugan seal and stole Neji father eyes, that way it makes more sense for Neji to join Akatsuki.

Since we already have one traitor (Sasuke), Neji could be more of a slave traitor, because they figured out his seal, they could force him to betray Konoha. This would be a lot more fitting to Neji, who believes that he has no freedom, and, of course, he could finally battle against Lee.
Rezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 15:05   Link #5
Juruzu
Yondaime's Legacy

oh noess.. gay comments everyhwere.. i think the bird flying free is a forechodow for something.. someway somehow he will be be released from this curse. .and be free.. whether its death or its actually removed..
Juruzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 15:34   Link #6
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
After Naruto fucked him over chunin exam he's appear less and less in the series...i didn't think Naruto would use the Kyubi powers in that fight , i mean why would he!? can't he do anything by himself,that cheating bastard.
Sasuke_Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 16:16   Link #7
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Akatsuki View Post
After Naruto fucked him over chunin exam he's appear less and less in the series...i didn't think Naruto would use the Kyubi powers in that fight , i mean why would he!? can't he do anything by himself,that cheating bastard.
Hmm... now that I think about it, Naruto just happens to be the worst possible opponent for Neji. During the fight it was pretty dramatic, but looking back, all the cards were stacked against Neji. Neji's fighting style is hypothetically good against just about any opponent. He can cripple his opponent with taijutsu fairly easily, even if they're really good since any part of his body can be as dangerous as a kunai. For opponents that use range, he can see through their illusions, and parry their ranged attacks fairly easily, which should give him time to get close to them. Naruto, however, uses clones that Neji can't tell apart, allowing him to fight at range anyway. If that weren't enough, he also has a non-standard chakra circulation system that pretty much makes hitting the tenketsu moot. If Neji had just gone for Naruto's internal organs he would've been good, but he had no way of knowing about Naruto's completely coincidental trump card. Personally, I think it's ridiculous that Naruto did so badly in that fight. Everything was stacked against Neji and he still managed to beat the crap out of Naruto.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 16:23   Link #8
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Tss...i'd say Neji is fine as he is...true he doesnt appear often but when he appears...it's always exciting to see him in action.

The Hyuuga abilities are more interesting then the Uchiha's (my opinion).

Neji should be the one to completly humiliate Sasuke....it would be great if the Sharingan has less or no effect on an Hyuuga.
Old 2007-01-11, 16:30   Link #9
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Tss...i'd say Neji is fine as he is...true he doesnt appear often but when he appears...it's always exciting to see him in action.

Dunno. I always found Neji plain boring. The same 2 moves (jyuken and that spinning defense) over and over. He is no better than "Kage Rasengan no Jutsu" Naruto in that aspect. From the great genins, he is the one I like the least by a wide margin.

He would make a great security cam though.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 17:05   Link #10
Mangekyo
mmm...cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post

Neji should be the one to completly humiliate Sasuke....it would be great if the Sharingan has less or no effect on an Hyuuga.
Yeah since the Sharingan derived form the Byakugan can it be possible that the MS or Sharingan is useless against it? Just a thought......

PS: OMG FLAMES!!!!!! AAAHHHHH!!!
Old 2007-01-11, 17:13   Link #11
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangekyo View Post
Yeah since the Sharingan derived form the Byakugan can it be possible that the MS or Sharingan is useless against it? Just a thought......

PS: OMG FLAMES!!!!!! AAAHHHHH!!!
It could be!! maybe that's why we've never seen a Sharingan vs Byakugan fight before... but i doubt the Sharingan would lose against Byakugan, the Byakugan is so lame , it's like BYAKUHAN!! look at my massive bat like eyes
Old 2007-01-11, 17:29   Link #12
Mangekyo
mmm...cookies

I POSTED SOMETHING!!!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!!! TIC TOC
Old 2007-01-11, 17:42   Link #13
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

they should just do another gaiden, called it the neji gaiden or whatever, with naruto raiding oro's hideout and causes it to cave in. Neji pushes sasuke out of the way and got stuck under a falling rock (sound familiar?)

Neji: aww, sasuke, i'm dying. My byakugan, here you go.

Sasuke: merci beaucoup
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 17:48   Link #14
majin_vegeta

That would be great. Two doujutsu user fighting to prove who is the best. It would be great, but I am sure the sharingan is superior because that clan was the most respected and feared clan from Konoha.
Old 2007-01-11, 17:51   Link #15
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese no koma View Post
they should just do another gaiden, called it the neji gaiden or whatever, with naruto raiding oro's hideout and causes it to cave in. Neji pushes sasuke out of the way and got stuck under a falling rock (sound familiar?)

Neji: aww, sasuke, i'm dying. My byakugan, here you go.

Sasuke: merci beaucoup
LOL yeah then he'd give S.Uchiha one of his eyes...then BANG! Shariugan
Old 2007-01-11, 18:02   Link #16
Razz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Dunno. I always found Neji plain boring. The same 2 moves (jyuken and that spinning defense) over and over. He is no better than "Kage Rasengan no Jutsu" Naruto in that aspect. From the great genins, he is the one I like the least by a wide margin.

He would make a great security cam though.
Its true that he really only has 3 moves, but as we saw in the fight with Spiderman, he can use chakra pores effectively, in an intelligent manner. I seriously doubt we've seen everything from the Byakugan bloodline limit.

I agree Neji is fine as he is atm, but he would've been much better in a more important role. I guess that is Kishimoto's problem of creating too many well-designed characters. Itachi is WAY too under-used considering he is the most powerful shinobi so far.
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 18:06   Link #17
Mangekyo
mmm...cookies

Used too lilte everyone gets mad,use too much and everyone is repulsed.

Oh @Razz Itachi is under-used cuz that adds to the mystery

Kishi wants to drive us MADDD!!!

Last edited by Mangekyo; 2007-01-11 at 18:47.
Mangekyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 18:16   Link #18
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz View Post
Its true that he really only has 3 moves, but as we saw in the fight with Spiderman, he can use chakra pores effectively, in an intelligent manner. I seriously doubt we've seen everything from the Byakugan bloodline limit.

I agree Neji is fine as he is atm, but he would've been much better in a more important role. I guess that is Kishimoto's problem of creating too many well-designed characters. Itachi is WAY too under-used considering he is the most powerful shinobi so far.
I agree with that, hunter made apoint a while back when he was facing Jiraiya one of the Legendary Three Ninja he wasted a Tsukuyomi on his brother , rather than saving his chakra for the fight, i think he could have defeated Jiraiya and taken Naruto if he wanted. Kishimoto just wanted to give Itachi an appearance so it could add to the story on to why S.Uchiha wanted to leave and gain more power.
Old 2007-01-11, 22:35   Link #19
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-01-11, 23:07   Link #20
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post

Spoiler for manga:
That was really funny.

Either way..Rahan how can you possibly say Neeji is boring?, man, in Neeji very first fight, when he fought Hinata, we got to see how cool MOFO he is, I mean, Look at this:

Spoiler:

Instead of avoiding the Juyken of HInata, Neeji let himself get struck, but before it, he closed a tenketsu of Hinatas Right arm thus voiding the effects of Her Jyuken.

But ohh well, Maybe Im just a sucker for Neeji