AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-01-11, 23:11   Link #21
Mangekyo
mmm...cookies

Even if he has three moves he sure can whoop ass.
Old 2007-01-11, 23:48   Link #22
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-01-11, 23:58   Link #23
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Dunno. I always found Neji plain boring. The same 2 moves (jyuken and that spinning defense) over and over. He is no better than "Kage Rasengan no Jutsu" Naruto in that aspect. From the great genins, he is the one I like the least by a wide margin.

He would make a great security cam though.

I kinda dig that we, for the most part, know what he's capable of.

For me, it makes better reading than using the henceforth-unseen jutsu, which seems like a cop-out. With Neji, it's not how many moves he has, but how he uses what he does know.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 03:08   Link #24
#1 gaara

he uses more than that though. he is not borin if u just think about it
#1 gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 05:09   Link #25
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Eh...I don't like Neji all that much, but I liked his effect on the story back in the Chunnin exam arc. Kinda the same way I don't like Sasuke, but like the role he fills in the plot. I think Neji is plenty interesting, I just wish he got a little more story time...then again, I could say the same of about everyone else.
Old 2007-02-15, 00:41   Link #26
konkoruRules
konkoru fan boy

maybe if he teied to remove the seal and give up on that whole caged bird

i am watch now bleach,Naruto Shippuuden,and reviewing full metal alchemist
konkoruRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 19:36   Link #27
Youkofox
Neji Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Youkofox
I know it's been said a million times before, but seriously, we need to see Neji vs Sasuke-or more plainly obvious, Byakugan vs. Sharingan. Especially between Neji and Sasuke, this fight would be interesting. Sasuke, while not hailed a genius in his clan while they were alive, certainly seems to achieve that sort of rank within the academy. Whereas we have Neji, all-powerful Byakugan-wielding, should-be Clan Leader. What an interesting fight, god...

Yes, he is such an interesting, and sadly posed as, a side-character. This frustrates me to no end. Neji is just too awesome. And, like Hunter said, was hit by Naruto's awesome power of bitchiness. Which rescued Neji from his hatred for the Main Branch for the most part, (I believe he still resents them to a point, not having his freedom and all) but at the same time, was drained of any drive he might of had to become a truly important character.

Neji's attacks might be repetitive, but he uses them in an extremely efficient manner and with amazing intelligence. Hiashi himself states that Neji most likely learned Kaiten himself, it just beats me how he came up with the same exact title for it. Also, the 64 Palms of Divination is also a known Head Family Technique.

*pulls hair out* Too many questions....

That's it, I'm going to create a thread. I've had it.

^My first ever Sig. Yes, I know it isn't very good.
Youkofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 00:45   Link #28
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youkofox View Post
I know it's been said a million times before, but seriously, we need to see Neji vs Sasuke-or more plainly obvious, Byakugan vs. Sharingan. Especially between Neji and Sasuke, this fight would be interesting. Sasuke, while not hailed a genius in his clan while they were alive, certainly seems to achieve that sort of rank within the academy. Whereas we have Neji, all-powerful Byakugan-wielding, should-be Clan Leader. What an interesting fight, god...

Yes, he is such an interesting, and sadly posed as, a side-character. This frustrates me to no end. Neji is just too awesome. And, like Hunter said, was hit by Naruto's awesome power of bitchiness. Which rescued Neji from his hatred for the Main Branch for the most part, (I believe he still resents them to a point, not having his freedom and all) but at the same time, was drained of any drive he might of had to become a truly important character.

Neji's attacks might be repetitive, but he uses them in an extremely efficient manner and with amazing intelligence. Hiashi himself states that Neji most likely learned Kaiten himself, it just beats me how he came up with the same exact title for it. Also, the 64 Palms of Divination is also a known Head Family Technique.

*pulls hair out* Too many questions....

That's it, I'm going to create a thread. I've had it.
I really would like to see Neji vs. Sasuke...but we don't know enough about Neji's abilities to have that fight (unless the fight itself revealed Neji's here-to-for unplumbed depths power). With the REdiculous power Sasuke has at the moment...the fight would be pretty one-sided. Much as I want Neji to give a good fight (and I've had this debate in another thread), I'm forced to admit that odds are Sasuke would wipe the floor with him.
Old 2007-05-23, 04:14   Link #29
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Neji would've been much more interesting if he was Sasuke's rival.
Old 2007-05-23, 13:16   Link #30
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
That was really funny.

Either way..Rahan how can you possibly say Neeji is boring?, man, in Neeji very first fight, when he fought Hinata, we got to see how cool MOFO he is, I mean, Look at this:

Spoiler:

Instead of avoiding the Juyken of HInata, Neeji let himself get struck, but before it, he closed a tenketsu of Hinatas Right arm thus voiding the effects of Her Jyuken.

But ohh well, Maybe Im just a sucker for Neeji
And he still manages to grab titties. Bad boy. Negates an attack, disables the opponent and presses teh boobs. Tsunade look out!

Yes, Its (Madara theories) everywhere except for the manga called Naruto. - Tatami
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 13:27   Link #31
Akatsuki_King
Speaker for the Dead
*Artist

Location: somewhere in-between the damnation of hell and the celestial glory of heaven
Send a message via MSN to Akatsuki_King Send a message via Yahoo to Akatsuki_King
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Dunno. I always found Neji plain boring. The same 2 moves (jyuken and that spinning defense) over and over. He is no better than "Kage Rasengan no Jutsu" Naruto in that aspect. From the great genins, he is the one I like the least by a wide margin.

He would make a great security cam though.
Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2007-08-21, 21:35   Link #32
Dorfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
Hmm... now that I think about it, Naruto just happens to be the worst possible opponent for Neji. During the fight it was pretty dramatic, but looking back, all the cards were stacked against Neji. Neji's fighting style is hypothetically good against just about any opponent. He can cripple his opponent with taijutsu fairly easily, even if they're really good since any part of his body can be as dangerous as a kunai. For opponents that use range, he can see through their illusions, and parry their ranged attacks fairly easily, which should give him time to get close to them. Naruto, however, uses clones that Neji can't tell apart, allowing him to fight at range anyway. If that weren't enough, he also has a non-standard chakra circulation system that pretty much makes hitting the tenketsu moot. If Neji had just gone for Naruto's internal organs he would've been good, but he had no way of knowing about Naruto's completely coincidental trump card. Personally, I think it's ridiculous that Naruto did so badly in that fight. Everything was stacked against Neji and he still managed to beat the crap out of Naruto.
If Neji hadn't spent half of that match whining and moaning about the main family, he could easily have knocked Naruto unconscious and won the match. A sensible fighter would've won the match first and then spilled out his sob story for the entire audience to hear.
Old 2007-08-22, 08:02   Link #33
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
If Neji hadn't spent half of that match whining and moaning about the main family, he could easily have knocked Naruto unconscious and won the match. A sensible fighter would've won the match first and then spilled out his sob story for the entire audience to hear.
Haha that's right. But i'd say Gaara & Neji were the strongest ones if they finished the entire exam without explaining or telling stories while fighting. Naruto sure was lucky...because the ref actually should've ended the fight. Naruto wasnt able to continue anymore. (Like Hinata vs Neji)

I think it's proof that speed doesnt work against Neji (only the gates, extreme speed)
Old 2007-08-22, 13:34   Link #34
wuabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Sadly this will never happen because Neji got hit by Naruto's bitching power.
Once you become Naruto's bitch you lose most of your interest, you can't have backstory on your own and you can't talk more than 5 minutes without randomly shouting that Naruto's going to be Hokage.

Such dreadful power indeed.
hahahahaha, so true.
wuabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 14:19   Link #35
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I actually want that superiority complex to come back he was much more interesting then. Now he is so boring if hes in an episode im like huh look it Neji who was he again?
Old 2007-08-23, 02:18   Link #36
tkdtiger

I think a great arc for Neji would be if Hinata was kidnapped by a shinobi from one of the village and he has to rescue her.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 06:45   Link #37
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

As everyone has read before...a Neji vs Sasuke fight is wanted.

but kishi might think "ooo a byakugan fighter vs a sharingan fighter, that would make a great fight"

then after a think with his team...comes up with a solution of Hinata vs sasuke.

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 12:09   Link #38
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke2007 View Post
As everyone has read before...a Neji vs Sasuke fight is wanted.

but kishi might think "ooo a byakugan fighter vs a sharingan fighter, that would make a great fight"

then after a think with his team...comes up with a solution of Hinata vs sasuke.
Hinata vs Sasuke...well Hinata would get beat up probably pretty bad imo, but this could lead a way for Neji to take on Sasuke, which would be an interesting situation.
Old 2007-08-23, 17:21   Link #39
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Neji would have been more interesting if he had'nt been bitching about his "destiny" for 90% of the episodes he was in.
Old 2007-08-23, 17:27   Link #40
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Neji would have been more interesting if he had'nt been bitching about his "destiny" for 90% of the episodes he was in.
I know why couldn't he be more like Shikamaru...He always has to make things troublesome