AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-01-03, 17:49   Link #1
jcuzz

Exclamation Router problems and bittorrent

Hi, i have been using bittorrent for i while now and i recently purchased a PAE-CE84 router. I have been trying to open the ports on the admin pages on the virtual server and it asks me for the host IP is this 10.0.0.3 because this is my ip when i use ipconfig. i am using the latest shadow version of bt and i am on windows xp (with the firewall disabled and no other software firewalls installed). When i open the ports 6881-6889 i still get a yellow light and max 15Kbs download. I am unsure wether it is the host ip i am getting wrong as when i open the ports on it nothing changes?????
jcuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 07:44   Link #2
Hannah's_Knight

Send a message via MSN to Hannah's_Knight
The host IP looks correct...you may be behind a firewall...I've forwarded ports to my system and most downloads I get are still yellow LED too...I have no idea how to fix it
Hannah's_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 10:13   Link #3
jcuzz

I managed to make my router DMZ so that it allows any ports for downloading but when i do this i have to install zone alarm so that my system is more secure. I now dont know how to open ports on zone alarm to allow the bittorrent remote servers through. Should i keep zone alarm and try to fix it or should i get rid of DMZ on my router and try the virtual server thing again???
jcuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 18:12   Link #4
Librarian

If you're using v3.3 of Bittorrent (which I assuming the latest Shadow build has), try opening ports 6881-6999 (TCP) [Note the different end port number - 3.2 and earlier versions required different ports]

If you want to keep running ZoneAlarm as well, then you'll have to configure ZA to open the ports as well otherwise they'll remain hidden and you'll still get reduced download speeds. [I don't run ZA so I can't help with how to do it though )
Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 09:16   Link #5
Incognito666

how do i get my router to dmz?? i'm usin a motorola wireless modem and where do i get zone alarm? like da guy who posted dis thread i'm experiencin da same prob n its really buggin...
Incognito666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 11:09   Link #6
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Did you try going through your manual first before asking? If not i suggest you to do that.
Old 2004-01-13, 00:02   Link #7
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcuzz
Should i keep zone alarm and try to fix it or should i get rid of DMZ on my router and try the virtual server thing again???
If by "virtual server thing" you mean port-forwarding, then yes, I would recommend you disable DMZ and forward ports 6881-6889(/6999) to your specific PC's private IP address.

If you want to use DMZ and you have ZoneAlarm Pro, then you can configure it to open the ports by: Firewall --> Main tab --> Internet Zone Security --> Custom button. Put a checkmark in the box labelled Allow incoming TCP ports, and specify 6881-6889(or 6999).

Keep in mind that this only works for ZoneAlarm Pro version, not the free version. The most recent versions of ZoneAlarm free do NOT have the capability of opening specific ports.

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Sour-Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 00:08   Link #8
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcuzz
Hi, i have been using bittorrent for i while now and i recently purchased a PAE-CE84 router.
As TheAvsFan suggested, check your router's manual for how to configure port forwarding. Or if your router did not come with a manual, try this link (found by Google) for starters for some online information.

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!

Last edited by Sour-Do; 2004-01-13 at 03:56.
Sour-Do is offline   Reply With Quote