AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-03, 18:08   Link #1
gho
anime fan

Send a message via AIM to gho Send a message via Yahoo to gho
GITS 2nd gig and Paranoid Agent

Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone if going to sub Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig as well as Paranoid Agent. I just got january's Newtype and got curious..

cheers
Old 2004-01-03, 18:33   Link #2
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gho
Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone if going to sub Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig as well as Paranoid Agent. I just got january's Newtype and got curious..

cheers
Hmm Not sure on GITS 2nd Gig, as I'm pretty sure the First Series had actually been licensed by Bandai before it even aired! This didn't stop some fansub groups though from releasing and only when Bandai got serious (threatening Legal action) did they stop.....
Old 2004-01-03, 18:52   Link #3
Forse
r00t for life

Yep...I am gonna download it...once I figure out which group will sub it
Old 2004-01-04, 00:40   Link #4
Panon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gho
Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone if going to sub Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig
GITS is licensed, for a long time now.

No idea on Paranoid Agent
Old 2004-01-04, 02:53   Link #5
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panon
GITS is licensed, for a long time now.

No idea on Paranoid Agent
That doesnt stop people from subbing it, and paranoia agent is probably licensed (geneon usa appears in the trailer).
Old 2004-01-04, 04:41   Link #6
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

If I can find a translator that would actually take on this series, I would get this series behind a team.
Old 2004-01-06, 01:03   Link #7
Zerox20
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Zerox20
Actually as some of you know Anime-kraze was one of the groups doing Ghost in the Shell before requested by Bandai. I actually just decided to go straight to Bandai themselves and ask them about Season 2. And They have licensed it, and will be out in full force to get after fansubbers again like Gundam Seed and Ghost in the Shell. Apparently Ghost in the shell is their big one they really are going after people for. Mostly because it was pre licensed and I guess its a higher end or something according to Jerry (Hes the Marketing Manager for Bandai). I am in contact with them on a regular basis because nobody wants to start to sub and then BAM be asked to stop. I Do know for sure if you slap yer name on GITs you will be called out on it. So be very cautious, I know last season They were even talking about using legal action against fansubbers for Ghost in the shell and Gundam seed after warnings. Just wanted to let people know!
Old 2004-01-06, 02:03   Link #8
Forse
r00t for life

Well if it comes on DVD soon after it aired...I have no problem buying it on DVD...if not I hope some1 subs it
Old 2004-01-06, 02:11   Link #9
Lucier
Lunar Translator

Hey Zerox, how DO you get in contact with licencing companies?
Just wondering...
Old 2004-01-06, 04:48   Link #10
Zerox20
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Zerox20
Actually they originally contacted me and ask to speak to a rep of Anime-kraze on th ephone, and well I got to call Bandai Inc hehe. Was fun times ^_^, he left me his e-mail and phone # for future contact purposes. You can also find him in #askjerry on mircx sometimes its his channel.
Old 2004-01-06, 07:37   Link #11
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Well I'm betting SOMEONE will sub GITS 2nd Gig. It will be intresting to see what Bandai will do if they do. If they want to, I'm sure clever people can easily hide themselves under a few rocks and stop Bandai from doing much to them.

I wish Bandai would just hurry up with Seed and GITS:SAC. The second series is already starting out in Japan and theres been little news on the R1 release of the second. Same with Seed
Old 2004-01-06, 08:16   Link #12
Briareos

And it's probably better that they stay silent, rather than announcing a date, only to have the releases delayed for some unforseen reason.

Still I can't wait to buy the R1s (although I am).
Old 2004-01-06, 16:15   Link #13
The dreamer

I don't think parainoia is licenssed for now, geneon is the co-productor i think...
I wait this one whith sooooo impatience !!! febreary is soooo far away ....argh !
Satoshi Kon is my prophet !!!!!!
Old 2004-01-06, 16:22   Link #14
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dreamer
I don't think parainoia is licenssed for now, geneon is the co-productor i think...
Uh....if geneon USA was the co-producer/co-funder, that would mean it is licensed by them. (Whether they confirm or deny it *cough* Texhnolyze *cough*)
Old 2004-01-07, 01:22   Link #15
JediNight
キズランダム

It's best to just leave pre-licensed series alone. For one, you would definitely be a total bootlegger by subbing a pre-licensed series. Also, its probably 5x as risky when Bandai is involved knowing they've taken the gloves off with cutting down groups trying to do their series.

If you ask me, I say the digisubbing community as a whole needs to just totally leave pre-licensed series alone. Then the companies can see how much the R1 sales drop for the pre-licensed titles that never got a fansub for them. Well, besides something like GITS which is widely known from the movie of course. If Paranoia Agent is indeed pre-licensed that would be a good example. The website is intentionally sketchy on details about the show, and you really have no way of telling what the series is like therefore... so if groups avoid subbing it, whose gonna shell out cash on a series they might not like?
Old 2004-01-07, 01:29   Link #16
method

You are giving fansubs entirely too much credit in the success or failure of a series.
Old 2004-01-07, 02:49   Link #17
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by method
You are giving fansubs entirely too much credit in the success or failure of a series.
But seriously, how many anime series would you know about and like now compared to if there was no way to preview and you didn't buy dvd rips and had to wait for u.s. dvd or cartoon network release. Cause you know, even now with it being "big" there isn't that much media attention to it at all. If it wasnt for fansub I wouldn't know about 80% of what I have.
Old 2004-01-07, 02:57   Link #18
warmpi
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto03
But seriously, how many anime series would you know about and like now compared to if there was no way to preview and you didn't buy dvd rips and had to wait for u.s. dvd or cartoon network release. Cause you know, even now with it being "big" there isn't that much media attention to it at all. If it wasnt for fansub I wouldn't know about 80% of what I have.

mephisto's totally right. if it werent for fansubbers most of us would still be equating anime to pokemon/digimon/monster ranchers.

fansubbers are like wat radio is to music.
Old 2004-01-07, 13:09   Link #19
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmpi
mephisto's totally right. if it werent for fansubbers most of us would still be equating anime to pokemon/digimon/monster ranchers.

fansubbers are like wat radio is to music.
You mean anime *isn't* all Pokemon/digimon/monster ranchers or yaoi? Gawd I guess I'll have to stop watching it.
Old 2004-01-07, 13:59   Link #20
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
You mean anime *isn't* all Pokemon/digimon/monster ranchers or yaoi? Gawd I guess I'll have to stop watching it.
LOL, but you get what i mean though right. The younger kids (in the us) ho only know about cartoon network and maybe tech v get to see very very limited series. what have we had, pokemon, digimon, monster rancher, cowboy bebop, trigun, inuyasha, gundam wing maybe some other ones who don't go online to talk about anime or search for toher stuff would never know without fansubs. Cause then what friend would be able to say you have you seen naruto, ohh man its awesome. I know i wouldn't, never heard of naruto till ep 43 and i'm sure without fansubs mostly everyone here wouldn't either. I think companys should give fansubs more credit and push there governments and others against bootleg dvds who are really making money off them, not us.
Closed Thread