AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-02, 10:18   Link #2941
mystogan
The Lost Lamb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: in Darkness
so this thing came to my mind, sasuke was born before naruto even though a few days before, and sasuke got straight A's in his classes, and it was mentioned in the beginning that naruto failed the graduating exam for 3 years.
then how the hell did it happen that sasuke and naruto graduated at the same time, sasuke should have graduated three years before naruto.
__________________
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 11:24   Link #2942
Monster0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rochester NY
Naruto started ninja school 3 years before Sasuke was orphaned.Naruto and Sasuke i think were 11,12 or even 13 when the series started.So Naruto being born an orphan started ninja school when elementary age. Sasuke and Naruto's other piers started at junior high age.During the chunnin exams we can see also a varied age bracket.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 12:04   Link #2943
mystogan
The Lost Lamb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: in Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
Naruto started ninja school 3 years before Sasuke was orphaned.Naruto and Sasuke i think were 11,12 or even 13 when the series started.So Naruto being born an orphan started ninja school when elementary age. Sasuke and Naruto's other piers started at junior high age.During the chunnin exams we can see also a varied age bracket.
sasuke was in the ninja academy before he was orphaned, and even if naruto started the ninja academy 3 years before sasuke, he should have been sasuke's senior in the academy yet we have seen a lot flashback scenes in which both are shown in the same class, how did that happen?
__________________
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 14:04   Link #2944
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
he should have been sasuke's senior in the academy yet we have seen a lot flashback scenes in which both are shown in the same class, how did that happen?
He'd have to have not failed 3 years in a row to become Sasuke's senior. Right?

Anyways, I don't recall being told exactly when during the course of their academy days the flashbacks in question took place. So is there any reason for the following timeline to not be possible?

Year 1:
-Naruto enrolls
-fails graduation exam for the 1st time.

Year 2:
-Naruto fails exam for the 2nd time

Year 3:
-Naruto fails exam for the 3rd time

Year 4: (All flashbacks depicting these two in the academy setting take place during this year)
-Sasuke finally enrolls and becomes classmates with Naruto
-Sasuke's clan gets murdered sometime throughout this same academic year
-Sasuke graduates with Naruto (finally)
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 15:59   Link #2945
mystogan
The Lost Lamb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: in Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
He'd have to have not failed 3 years in a row to become Sasuke's senior. Right?

Anyways, I don't recall being told exactly when during the course of their academy days the flashbacks in question took place. So is there any reason for the following timeline to not be possible?

Year 1:
-Naruto enrolls
-fails graduation exam for the 1st time.

Year 2:
-Naruto fails exam for the 2nd time

Year 3:
-Naruto fails exam for the 3rd time

Year 4: (All flashbacks depicting these two in the academy setting take place during this year)
-Sasuke finally enrolls and becomes classmates with Naruto
-Sasuke's clan gets murdered sometime throughout this same academic year
-Sasuke graduates with Naruto (finally)
i had the same thought but then this came to mind,
naruto failed the GRADUATION EXAM, going from first year to second year is not called graduating, and naruto himself told to neji during their fight that he failed the graduation exam 3 times because of shadow clone jutsu, and the shadow clone jutsu was the graduating exam test

i am not drilling Kishimito that there is a plot hole here or anything and everything is wrong, this isn't even of much importance, but i am just saying that there is some misconnection here and i just want to confirm it from others that it IS a misconnection, if there is any other explanation that say otherwise i would like to hear it
__________________
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 18:37   Link #2946
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
where's Hiking Bear? I imagine he has a room like in A Beautiful Mind completely covered in Naruto timelines and such. I'm not weighing in until I hear from the authority on this stuff
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 19:20   Link #2947
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
naruto failed the GRADUATION EXAM, going from first year to second year is not called graduating
Did I claim otherwise?
I get the impression that the entirety of Konoha's shinobi academic system might just be a one year course open to everyone starting from a very young age. So you either have the skills and grades needed to pass the same year you enroll, or you fail and have to repeat the entire 1 year course from scratch.

I could be wrong. But I don't recall their ever being an established and mandatory number of years necessary to graduate from the academy. I mean that would at least explain why its possible for true prodigies to graduate at extremely young ages. (Kakashi--age 5; Itachi--age 7). I'd assume that the difficulty of the curriculum is designed such that the average age most finally develop the maturity, skills, and intelligence needed to graduate tends to be by roughly age 10 through 13--which is probably the average age range most students choose to enroll. However, if the student is confident enough to enroll earlier, or if the parent feels their child is skilled enough to pass the academic curriculum at a young age, then there's nothing to stop them from trying. It just happens to be unusual for children to master enough of the curriculum to graduate that early.

Being determined to become Hokage and with no parents to steer him otherwise, I could see Naruto taking the initiative by enrolling himself into the academy a couple years earlier than he was probably ready to join. Especially if he was hellbent on trying to prove to everyone in the village how amazing he was. And since Sasuke had a more or less normal and typical upbringing prior to the massacre, I could see why circumstances led him to enroll during the average age range.

Last edited by sayde; 2013-09-02 at 20:37.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 23:15   Link #2948
mystogan
The Lost Lamb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: in Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Did I claim otherwise?
I get the impression that the entirety of Konoha's shinobi academic system might just be a one year course open to everyone starting from a very young age. So you either have the skills and grades needed to pass the same year you enroll, or you fail and have to repeat the entire 1 year course from scratch.

I could be wrong. But I don't recall their ever being an established and mandatory number of years necessary to graduate from the academy. I mean that would at least explain why its possible for true prodigies to graduate at extremely young ages. (Kakashi--age 5; Itachi--age 7). I'd assume that the difficulty of the curriculum is designed such that the average age most finally develop the maturity, skills, and intelligence needed to graduate tends to be by roughly age 10 through 13--which is probably the average age range most students choose to enroll. However, if the student is confident enough to enroll earlier, or if the parent feels their child is skilled enough to pass the academic curriculum at a young age, then there's nothing to stop them from trying. It just happens to be unusual for children to master enough of the curriculum to graduate that early.

Being determined to become Hokage and with no parents to steer him otherwise, I could see Naruto taking the initiative by enrolling himself into the academy a couple years earlier than he was probably ready to join. Especially if he was hellbent on trying to prove to everyone in the village how amazing he was. And since Sasuke had a more or less normal and typical upbringing prior to the massacre, I could see why circumstances led him to enroll during the average age range.
ya this explanation seems pretty fair to me and regarding ninja subjects all they taught was like throwing shuriken, kunai and couple of basic jutsu like substituiton or shadow clone,and some theoretical subjects. all the other special skills that others have, comes from their respective clans not the ninja academy. even naruto and sasuke learned to climb a tree after becoming a genin.

so this explanation seems satisfactory to me so let's go with that
__________________
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 07:36   Link #2949
Monster0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rochester NY
I think most of those flashbacks are anime only anyway.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 10:17   Link #2950
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Did I claim otherwise?
I get the impression that the entirety of Konoha's shinobi academic system might just be a one year course open to everyone starting from a very young age. So you either have the skills and grades needed to pass the same year you enroll, or you fail and have to repeat the entire 1 year course from scratch.
then what's neji's explanation? he should have passed everything easily, yet he was a year older than naruto and sasuke at the chuunin exams. I suppose he was just held back by some hyuuga branch family law or something dumb. the ages of everyone compared to what they do always seems to be an after thought anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
ya this explanation seems pretty fair to me and regarding ninja subjects all they taught was like throwing shuriken, kunai and couple of basic jutsu like substituiton or shadow clone,and some theoretical subjects
they certainly don't learn any history. barely anyone ever has a clue who their older predecessors are, what they did and what techniques they knew. and nobody ever even heard of the rikudo sennin even if it was arguable whether he existed or not, he still should have been mentioned in a ninja school as lore or mythology or something...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 10:51   Link #2951
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
then what's neji's explanation? he should have passed everything easily, yet he was a year older than naruto and sasuke at the chuunin exams. I suppose he was just held back by some hyuuga branch family law or something dumb. the ages of everyone compared to what they do always seems to be an after thought anyway
Chuunin is not Genin. In case you forgot, Shikamaru was the only one who passed the Chuunin exam that year (or at least, only one from Konoha). It just means that Neji's team wasn't ready for the exam before, or tried it and didn't pass it.

And it's not a normal school. It's basically a vocational school. If you go to a mechanic school, you probably aren't going to learn too much about Henry Ford and the rest of the automotive industry's history. You're going to learn how to fix cars.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 11:20   Link #2952
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Chuunin is not Genin.
you are correct

Quote:
In case you forgot, Shikamaru was the only one who passed the Chuunin exam that year (or at least, only one from Konoha).
I didn't. the reason I didn't mention it was because it had nothing to do with the discussion

Quote:
It just means that Neji's team wasn't ready for the exam before, or tried it and didn't pass it.
that's my point. some genius... how could a genius not pass or not be ready? itachi and kakashi and even shikamaru were appropriately described and passed the first time

Quote:
And it's not a normal school.
it's not?

Quote:
It's basically a vocational school. If you go to a mechanic school, you probably aren't going to learn too much about Henry Ford and the rest of the automotive industry's history. You're going to learn how to fix cars.
it's also not a mechanic school. clearly, learning about madara, hashirama and the rikudo sennin and rinnegan, etc... would have greatly benefited everyone. much more so than learning about henry ford
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 11:30   Link #2953
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
that's my point. some genius... how could a genius not pass or not be ready? itachi and kakashi and even shikamaru were appropriately described and passed the first time
He's on a team. The team needs to be ready. A single person can pass, but the entire team must take the exam. This was a very pronounced point throughout the exam, since Sakura and Sasuke kept thinking Naruto would get them all kicked out.

Quote:
it's also not a mechanic school. clearly, learning about madara, hashirama and the rikudo sennin and rinnegan, etc... would have greatly benefited everyone. much more so than learning about henry ford
Annnnnnnnnd you completely missed the point. I was comparing it to a real world example. Please try to comprehend what you read.

Besides, learning about Madara and Rikudou wouldn't help them at all except in this ridiculously fantastic situation where Madara was brought back to life and someone attempted to become the Rikidou. Neither of these were really believed to be possible, let alone probable. And knowing of them doesn't help in their day to day activities. It'd be like a mechanic learning about Henry Ford (see there? Another comparison). It's "nice to know where you came from", but it doesn't actually help you at all.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 14:03   Link #2954
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
ya this explanation seems pretty fair to me and regarding ninja subjects all they taught was like throwing shuriken, kunai and couple of basic jutsu like substituiton or shadow clone,and some theoretical subjects. all the other special skills that others have, comes from their respective clans not the ninja academy. even naruto and sasuke learned to climb a tree after becoming a genin.

so this explanation seems satisfactory to me so let's go with that
I'm just relieved to see my explanation didn't just make sense to me and me alone. So thanks for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
then what's neji's explanation? he should have passed everything easily, yet he was a year older than naruto and sasuke at the chuunin exams.
Well as far as the academy goes, I've no doubt he passed everything easily. Now his time spent as genin is a different matter (and one that's somewhat unrelated to the issues I was initially discussing). If I'm not mistaken, I believe Gai had his own reasons for making his team wait a full year before taking the chuunin exam. So that's the official explanation for why Neji (despite being a genius) was a year older than Naruto and Sasuke by the time he took the exam for the first time.

Last edited by sayde; 2013-09-03 at 14:15.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 16:59   Link #2955
Monster0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rochester NY
That would be just like Gai, holding his team back just to compete with his rival Kakashi.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 21:17   Link #2956
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
If I'm not mistaken, I believe Gai had his own reasons for making his team wait a full year before taking the chuunin exam. So that's the official explanation for why Neji (despite being a genius) was a year older than Naruto and Sasuke by the time he took the exam for the first time.
ah yes, that was the reason. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
That would be just like Gai, holding his team back just to compete with his rival Kakashi.
haha yea. it all makes sense now
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 15:44   Link #2957
Moeterum
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
No chapter this week?
Moeterum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 14:06   Link #2958
Liwyn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Norway
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Liwyn
Hey guys, just started watching Naruto after a long time of thinking about it, and I've really gotten into it... Although the fillers are KILLING me!

I'm at episode 147, and I'm getting so bored I'm considering just jumping over to Shippuden. Could anyone please tell me if there are any fillers worth watching? Are there any episodes I really should watch to get some insight before I go over to Shippuden? Are there any episodes after 147 that are not filler episodes? I saw a list on the net the other day which said that the only ep that wasn't a filler ep was 220... Which is the last episode of the show. But when I turned it on, it showed some random fight with Gaara or something, and I figured I shouldn't be watching it if it was a non-filler fight... And I'm scared I'll spoil myself if I keep watching the ep

I'd be really happy if someone could help me with this, I wanna continue watching and enjoying the show! Also, please be cautious not to spoil me, I've been able to stay away from spoilers 'till now xD Thanks guys!!
__________________
Signature by Endrance & Avatar by Wondermike
Liwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 19:35   Link #2959
mystogan
The Lost Lamb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: in Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liwyn View Post
Hey guys, just started watching Naruto after a long time of thinking about it, and I've really gotten into it... Although the fillers are KILLING me!

I'm at episode 147, and I'm getting so bored I'm considering just jumping over to Shippuden. Could anyone please tell me if there are any fillers worth watching? Are there any episodes I really should watch to get some insight before I go over to Shippuden? Are there any episodes after 147 that are not filler episodes? I saw a list on the net the other day which said that the only ep that wasn't a filler ep was 220... Which is the last episode of the show. But when I turned it on, it showed some random fight with Gaara or something, and I figured I shouldn't be watching it if it was a non-filler fight... And I'm scared I'll spoil myself if I keep watching the ep

I'd be really happy if someone could help me with this, I wanna continue watching and enjoying the show! Also, please be cautious not to spoil me, I've been able to stay away from spoilers 'till now xD Thanks guys!!
the core story of Naruto ends after sasuke retrieval arc, the ending of ep 220 is from the original content,
if you want to jump to shippuden then you can watch the last arc where you mentioned Garra was fighting someone and then continue the ending then to shippuden or you can just skip to the ending of ep 220 and continue to shippuden.

about the fillers you watch some if you want to see some attention given to the side characters.
__________________
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 18:55   Link #2960
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
is this a manga and anime thread?
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.